From: xyzzy <>
Subject: Re: I like the 4 team CFP
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:50:00 -0800 (PST)
From: xyzzy <>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 3:12:46 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:35:53 PM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> > > Maybe I'm in the minority, but the way I see it, it allows enough teams in to get all the
teams that actually have arguments for #1 while also being small enough to keep the regular season
really exciting.

> > > Yes, the team now favored to win is the only one of the 4 in not to have a legitimate argument
for #1 as we headed to the CFP.  But it's a flawed team with 1 single loss - the same # the other
three teams had.

> > > It also still allows the bowl system to exist and for those of us in cold climates to make
trips to California, Arizona, Florida, or Texas if we want to and center those trips around football.

> > 4 is the optimal number for me if we're going to insist on a playoof.  Personally, I'm still a
fan of the OJUS,
> I think the OJUS worked well until they started locking teams into bowls (hi Virginia and the
Sugar Bowl in 1990)

6-5 Virginia Tech blowing out Sugar Bowl bound UVa in their regular season closer is still one of my
favorite CFB memories.  Even if it was UVa's third loss in a row, we still call  it the "Sweeter
than Sugar" game.