From: xyzzy <>
Subject: Re: New Tax Law Ripple Effect
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:41:19 -0800 (PST)
From: xyzzy <>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:06:22 PM UTC-5, wrote:

First sentence:

"The great American migration out of high-tax states like New York and Illinois may be about to
accelerate. "

If this is true then the post I made a few weeks earlier has been confirmed by the WSJ (i.e.,
they'll move to low-tax red states but they will stay blue and turn those states blue)

But I've already seen some proposals to get around this.  One interesting proposal is for these
states to replace their income tax with payroll tax.  The tax bill leaves payroll tax deductible, as
an expense for businesses.