From: michael anderson <>
Subject: Re: I like the 4 team CFP
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 19:29:01 -0800 (PST)
From: michael anderson <>
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:35:53 PM UTC-6, JGibson wrote:
> Maybe I'm in the minority, but the way I see it, it allows enough teams in to get all the teams
that actually have arguments for #1 while also being small enough to keep the regular season really
>'s ideal imo.

Going to 8 doesn't make sense for another reason as well- that creates another level of
traveling/flying around the country.  Remember these are not 'home' games.  They are neutral site
venues.  When you have Alabama and Georgia especially(and Clemson and Oklahoma are generally good as
well) that makes things better, but can you imagine asking fans of most programs to make 2 and
possible THREE trips to a neutral site end of tournament games?  No way...

this isn't basketball where you can play two games in two days, and only have to fill an arena
before the final four(where four teams/fan bases can share).  You'd be talking about up to 3
different big trips for a team.  Thats just too much to plan around/expect....

the playoffs have been pretty lucky with the teams they have picked so far, but could you imagine in
years when/if teams like Miami, USC, TCU made it and advanced all through in an 8 team playoff?

Keeping it at 4 keeps it special for a fan base to some degree.  Move it to 8 and making the playoff
is just expected almost for a few programs.