From: Con Reeder, unhyphenated American <constance@duxmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tired of winning yet?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
From: "Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2018 09:44:36 -0600
On 2018-02-06, xyzzy<xyzzy.dude@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 10:12:37 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
>> https://apnews.com/365e9e69cf034a1bbb64bff879503cd2
>>
>> US trade gap hits $566 billion in 2017, highest since 2008
>> By PAUL WISEMAN
>>
>> WASHINGTON (AP) ??? The U.S. trade deficit hit the highest level in nine years in 2017, defying
President Donald Trump???s efforts to bring more balance to America???s trade relationships.

>> The Commerce Department said Tuesday that the trade gap in goods and services rose to $566
billion last year, the highest level since $708.7 billion in 2008. Imports set a record $2.9
trillion, swamping exports of $2.3 trillion.

> Please be aware that this number is worse than ANY year of the Obama
> administration. It was last this bad in the last year of the Bush
> administration.

We'll see what happens next year, when the repatriation starts.

Besides, conservatives don't worry about trade deficits any more. It
just means that other countries are sending us valuable hard goods,
food, and raw materials in exchange for our pieces of paper.

--
Some people have twenty years of experience, some people have
one year of experience twenty times over. -- Anonymous