From: JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Left ain't right
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 11:12:50 -0800 (PST)
From: JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>
> > Subject: Fwd: "Understanding Trump - A good read!"
> >
> > "Understanding Trump!  Marshall Kamena is a registered Democrat and
> > was elected mayor of Livermore, CA.  He ran on the Democratic ticket
> > as he knew a Bay Area city would never vote for a Republican.  He is
> > as conservative as they come and I am happy to call him a friend.  He
> > wrote the following and it is an excellent read:
> >

> Hugh, you make me worry about the military. You've told us many times that you were in a position
of responsibility. How could that be? Do they often promote the dullest, most gullible?

> I wonder if that's where you developed your routine, that "you can be my clerk" thing. I picture
hundreds, maybe thousands of young soldiers rolling their eyes and ignoring whatever it was you told
them. Or, worse, believing what you told them!

> Perhaps you were able to succeed in the military because you'd accept whatever was presented to
you, without question. Maybe that's the key. Maybe the members of the armed forces are not supposed
to think.

> This absurd column you've shared with us was, naturally, not written by any Democratic Mayor of
anywhere but by a blowhard right-winger who, no surprise, likes the Blowhard-in-Chief.

> His name is Evan Sayet, who I never heard of. Have you? Here's what he writes on his website:
"Evan has become the nation’s leading conservative, political comedian, an in-demand Master of
Ceremony for Republican and conservative events"

> Not just a popular comedian. No! the *leading* comedian! In-demand!

I did think a couple of lines in this were absolute howlers.

Such as:

There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush

has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney?

Plus the many references to Saul Alinsky.