From: jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: $1.1 trillion deficit... discuss
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 08:00:37 -0800 (PST)
From: jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 9:18:42 AM UTC-5, tim.vanwa...@gmail.com wrote:
> I know that the Republican dogma is traditionally anti-Keynesian, but that previously didn’t
mean cutting taxes and increasing government spending when the economy is already in danger of
overheating.

> So now we have a consistent pattern of Democratic Presidents inheriting large deficits and cutting
them dramatically over their terms followed by Republican Presidents immediately blowing those
deficits back up.

> As a squishy fiscal conservative, this just raises so much cognitive dissonance in me, I would
love to know how others are processing this.

Ha!  Obama's only looks good by using the very, very abnormal baseline of 2009, some of which was
attributed to Obama's bailout spending.  Otherwise, W has a much better tract record, and his were
horrible.

Clinton fell into his non deficit years, mostly attributed to anyone BUT Clinton.

I've complained about deficit spending my entire adulthood.  Its reprehensible, the lack of
conscience that is shown for spending at the govt level.  W's supporters ignored his spending,
Obama's supporters told us deficit spending is good for the economy...needed, in fact.

So lets not even float this BS line that Dems are fiscally prudent.  Obama did just as Bush
did...almost doubled the debt in his 8 years.