From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Subject: 2018 annual Gridiron Club Dinner
Full headers:
From: Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.football.college
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 19:01:35 -0800
President Trump addresses the 2018 annual Gridiron Club Dinner.

I know the Gridiron is really an old tradition in Washington,
been around a long time, and one that's important to many of you
in the media. So, I was very excited to receive this invitation
and come here and ruin your evening in person. ... My staff was
concerned heading into this dinner that I couldn't do
self-deprecating humor. They were worried about it. They said,
‘Can you do this?' And I told them not to worry. Nobody does
self-deprecating humor better than I do. ... In fact, Orrin
Hatch, Orrin said that ‘Donald Trump is the best at
self-deprecating in the history of America, better than
Washington and better than Lincoln.' ... Thank you, Orrin.

Michael Press