Next <
From: Michael Press <>
Subject: Re: One down, many to go.
Full headers:
From: Michael Press <>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 11:05:11 -0800
In article<>,
 ""<> wrote:

> Why is jaywalking illegal?  It seems like it would be pretty easy to make jaywalkers liable for
their injuries.

Because most people would feel rotten if they mowed down a
dumbass jaywalker.

I was doing 15-20 in a residential area. A woman wandered out to
cross. I slowed and was clear of her when her little pooch shot
out in front of me to join her. I avoided the pooch but had to
pull over to let my pulse slow. The woman came over and apologized.

Michael Press