From: xyzzy <>
Subject: Re: Deer AA
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:26:39 -0800 (PST)
From: xyzzy <>
> They wanted $1500 for me to maintain my platinum this year. Now that they have changed the rules
to require a spending threshold, I missed it. And given the mid year change that first class
upgrades are based on the last six months of spending, my frequency of upgrades dropped from almost
always to barely ever.
> Uh, no thanks. I guess I’ll stick with Gold.
> But on a great note, our Concur is programmed not to allow us to buy basic economy tickets.  Have
been worried about getting stuck in those tickets without airline status.

With AA if you have their branded mastercard, you can buy basic economy and use your card perks to
get back what basic economy takes away, except for the early seat assignments.

The AA cards give you a free checked bag and group 5 boarding. You also get to bring a carry-on
aboard because they only check that for group 9 (basic economy) boarders.

So if you have the AA branded credit cards, go ahead and buy basic economy and save a few bucks, if
you're so inclined.