From: michael anderson <>
Subject: Re: So I could get a call from wells fargo.....
Full headers:
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:21:25 -0800 (PST)
From: michael anderson <>
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 1:00:46 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> > my mortgage has gone up.
> >
> > wtf?
> >
> > I owe like 27 dollars more every month now.
> >
> > I say how does a mortgage go up?  I have a fixed rate.
> >
> > She says the escrow has gone up.  She says the county(Jefferson co) has raised property tax.
> >
> > I say thats bullshit....she says at least you can deduct the increase on your taxes next year.
I say no I can't because trump's most recent tax increase prevents me from doing that.  She says I'm
sorry but the change for the county property tax is all explained in the letter.

> > Which gave me an idea- any property tax increase should be voted on ONLY by those who actually
own property.

> > Jefferson county is democratic leaning, but the small communities in jefferson county where
people actually own property with any value(Homewood, Vestavia, Mountain Brook) is republican.  Why
in the world should jefferson county democrats, who either don't own property or own negligible
amounts of property, get to tell the people who actually own the property what tax they should pay
on their property?

> > Of course they are just going to just raise property taxes....
> wtf is a high roller like you doing paying escrow?  You did put 20% down on your loan, right?

and I did put more than 20% down, but I could have put down 0% and gotten basically the same rate
without pmi through the physician loan program but for some dumb reason I went with wells fargo.