> Prev
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Subject: 63% of a gathering wave think Trump sucks
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:22:55 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
'Millennials want to shake things up in America's largely two-party political system.

That's according to a new NBC News/GenForward poll that showed 71 percent of millennials think there
should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor Democratic parties
represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the wrong track overall.

Those majority findings stretch across racial subgroups, genders and partisan affiliations,
according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed 1,876 adults
ages 18 to 34.

Analyzing the findings along gender lines, however, shows a higher percentage of male millennials
think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with 69 percent of
female millennials, according to NBC News.

By affiliation, independents and Democratic or Democratic-leaning millennials were more likely to
think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans or
Republican leaners agreed.

Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American and Latinos also expressed support for
a third party.

Only 26 percent of all surveyed millennials said they think the major political parties do an
"adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they disapprove of
President Donald Trump's performance in office.'
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: 63% of a gathering wave think Trump sucks
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:15:58 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 12:23:04 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> 'Millennials want to shake things up in America's largely two-party political system.
>
> That's according to a new NBC News/GenForward poll that showed 71 percent of millennials think
there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor Democratic
parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the wrong track
overall.

Yet they’re unable to (list) describe what the ‘wrong track’ is. How do Democrats NOT
represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer). Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight global
warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in the
last presidential election.

When you ask the idiot Trump voters why they STILL support Trump, even after going against virtually
all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies like the
wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can only answer
what FOX/GOP has told them.

> Those majority findings stretch across racial subgroups, genders and partisan affiliations,
according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed 1,876 adults
ages 18 to 34.

> Analyzing the findings along gender lines, however, shows a higher percentage of male millennials
think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with 69 percent of
female millennials, according to NBC News.

> By affiliation, independents and Democratic or Democratic-leaning millennials were more likely to
think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans or
Republican leaners agreed.

> Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American and Latinos also expressed support
for a third party.

Fucking lie. Just more GOP dodging and whining and begging for votes. If they can’t get your vote
they want you to split it.

Jerry ‘n Vegas

From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 13:34:00 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:16:06 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 12:23:04 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> > 'Millennials want to shake things up in America's largely two-party political system.
> >
> > That's according to a new NBC News/GenForward poll that showed 71 percent of millennials think
there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor Democratic
parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the wrong track
overall.

> Yet they’re unable to (list) describe what the ‘wrong track’ is. How do Democrats NOT
represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer). Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight global
warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in the
last presidential election.

> When you ask the idiot Trump voters why they STILL support Trump, even after going against
virtually all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies
like the wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can
only answer what FOX/GOP has told them.

> > Those majority findings stretch across racial subgroups, genders and partisan affiliations,
according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct.. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed 1,876 adults
ages 18 to 34.

> > Analyzing the findings along gender lines, however, shows a higher percentage of male
millennials think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with
69 percent of female millennials, according to NBC News.

> > By affiliation, independents and Democratic or Democratic-leaning millennials were more likely
to think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans or
Republican leaners agreed.

> > Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American and Latinos also expressed support
for a third party.

> Fucking lie. Just more GOP dodging and whining and begging for votes. If they can’t get your
vote they want you to split it.

> Jerry ‘n Vegas
>

> > Only 26 percent of all surveyed millennials said they think the major political parties do an
"adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they disapprove of
President Donald Trump's performance in office.'

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

The poll is legit, Jerry.

From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 16:10:07 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:34:07 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:16:06 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 12:23:04 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> > > 'Millennials want to shake things up in America's largely two-party political system.
> > >
> > > That's according to a new NBC News/GenForward poll that showed 71 percent of millennials think
there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor Democratic
parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the wrong track
overall.

> > Yet they’re unable to (list) describe what the ‘wrong track’ is. How do Democrats NOT
represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer). Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight global
warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in the
last presidential election.

> > When you ask the idiot Trump voters why they STILL support Trump, even after going against
virtually all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies
like the wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can
only answer what FOX/GOP has told them.

> > > Those majority findings stretch across racial subgroups, genders and partisan affiliations,
according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed 1,876 adults
ages 18 to 34.

> > > Analyzing the findings along gender lines, however, shows a higher percentage of male
millennials think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with
69 percent of female millennials, according to NBC News.

> > > By affiliation, independents and Democratic or Democratic-leaning millennials were more likely
to think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans or
Republican leaners agreed.

> > > Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American and Latinos also expressed
support for a third party.

> > Fucking lie. Just more GOP dodging and whining and begging for votes. If they can’t get your
vote they want you to split it.

> > Jerry ‘n Vegas
> >

> > > Only 26 percent of all surveyed millennials said they think the major political parties do an
"adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they disapprove of
President Donald Trump's performance in office.'

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

> The poll is legit, Jerry.

All polls are legit, even mine. But that has no relation to fact.

[…] The rankings are popular in North America but have drawn widespread criticism from colleges,
administrations, and students for their dubious, disparate, and arbitrary nature. The ranking system
by U.S. News is usually contrasted with the Washington Monthly and Forbes rankings.
 –– Wikipedia

For them to make a statement of, “Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American and
Latinos also expressed support for a third party,” without their numbers (%) if each is a
generalization and matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by
forming opinions. All subterfuge; very Fox-like. If the majorities of these majorities wanted a
third party, there’d be one.

From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 02:48:07 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 4:10:16 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 1:34:07 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

think there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor
Democratic parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the
wrong track overall.

> > > Yet they’re unable to (list) describe what the ‘wrong track’ is. How do Democrats NOT
represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer). Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight global
warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in the
last presidential election.

> > > When you ask the idiot Trump voters why they STILL support Trump, even after going against
virtually all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies
like the wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can
only answer what FOX/GOP has told them.

according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed 1,876 adults
ages 18 to 34.

millennials think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with
69 percent of female millennials, according to NBC News.

likely to think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans
or Republican leaners agreed.

> > > Fucking lie. Just more GOP dodging and whining and begging for votes. If they can’t get your
vote they want you to split it.

> > > Jerry ‘n Vegas

an "adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they disapprove
of President Donald Trump's performance in office.'

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

> > The poll is legit, Jerry.
>
> All polls are legit, even mine. But that has no relation to fact.
>
> […] The rankings are popular in North America but have drawn widespread criticism from colleges,
administrations, and students for their dubious, disparate, and arbitrary nature. The ranking system
by U.S. News is usually contrasted with the Washington Monthly and Forbes rankings.
>  –– Wikipedia

You lost me there, Jerry. What do US News & World Report college rankings prepared by an editorial
committee have to do with an NBC News poll?

> For them to make a statement of, “Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American
and Latinos also expressed support for a third party,” without their numbers (%) if each is a
generalization and matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by
forming opinions. All subterfuge; very Fox-like.

All they're doing is reporting the results of the NBC poll. This one:
http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/11/NBC-GenForward-N...

If the majorities of these majorities wanted a third party, there’d be one.

It's a poll of young adults 18 - 34. They aren't a majority. They're a future majority.

From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 05:53:57 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 2:48:15 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 4:10:16 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:

think there should be a third major party. Most respondents said neither the Republican nor
Democratic parties represent the American people well, and 65 percent said the country is on the
wrong track overall.

represent most Americans? Increase minimum wage. Obamacare (because they couldn’t get single
payer).. Labor support. Infrastructure rebuilds. Gun control. Protect the environment… Fight
global warming, the LIST goes on. There is where the majority of Americans are. It was reflected in
the last presidential election.

virtually all his campaign promises, they can’t answer. (Mostly because they idiot hillbillies
like the wing-nuts here). When you ask them the above “What wrong tack;” same thing. They can
only answer what FOX/GOP has told them.

affiliations, according to the poll, which was conducted between Oct. 26 and Nov. 10 and surveyed
1,876 adults ages 18 to 34.

millennials think a third party is needed, with 74 percent in favor of a third party compared with
69 percent of female millennials, according to NBC News.

likely to think a third party is needed at roughly 75 percent each, while 67 percent of Republicans
or Republican leaners agreed.

your vote they want you to split it.

an "adequate" job of representing the people. And a majority – 63 percent – said they disapprove
of President Donald Trump's performance in office.'

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2017-11-29/millen...

> > > The poll is legit, Jerry.
> >
> > All polls are legit, even mine. But that has no relation to fact.
> >
> > […] The rankings are popular in North America but have drawn widespread criticism from
colleges, administrations, and students for their dubious, disparate, and arbitrary nature. The
ranking system by U.S. News is usually contrasted with the Washington Monthly and Forbes rankings.
> >  –– Wikipedia

> You lost me there, Jerry.

Push Polls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll They play on the Me Tooism. Politicians,
political groups and news networks (* i.e. Fox/GOP) will poll with leading, or trick, question to
get the results they want to broadcast. That’s why people nowdays list the polls and who took
them. Why are their often such great differences in the same polls? Politics.

Push Poll Example: “Will you vote for Hillary if it’s found she lied about Benghazi?” Then
they print, or broadcast, the results. “More people are going to vote for Trump.” They play on
the audience’s penchant to want to ‘join the winners.’ The famous FOX Presidential Projection
Results is a prime example; where Romney was declared the winner and the Fox desk person walked back
to the ‘Prediction Room’ and chewed their ass for being so wrong.

It’s why they don’t give election results till the polls on the west coast close. They found
people will not go vote if they believe their candidate or cause is losing. “Why waste my time if
there’s no use.” And the Down Ticked items are not voted on by that person. The campaign I was
Chairman of would have failed if voters had not turned out for whatever was on the top of that
ticket. Hell, the polls actually closed while me and the other guy were on the local TV channel
still debating. (Who the hell watched local channels with boring debates?)

Anyway, the push pollsters will then selectively generalize to make the number even more in their
favor, like this part I showed you: “Strong majorities of white, African-American, Asian-American
and Latinos also expressed support for a third party.” So why didn’t they show the numbers?
Because it’s bullshit. “Strong” (great majority?) of virtually everybody (white, Black, Asian,
Mexican, Martian… Who’s left?) want a third party? GMAFB. You’re being scammed.

I was Co Chairman of a commission for building a new jail. Our county was forced into having to
revamp or build more cells. (Some new federal law about the number of square feet per person, or
something). So we held hearings and all that shit about what to build and how to pay for it. The
County commissioners didn’t want it. So they put the Bond Issue on an ‘off year’ election when
fewer people will show up to vote. Of course it went down. Perhaps they should call it Push
Elections.

When Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen wanted taxpayers to build him a new football stadium for his
Seahawks he paid for a Special Election. So who shows up for a one-item ballot? Football fans. Gee,
it passed. WTF good did it do for me to bitch in the local paper (which was across the river in
another state)? So I live at the other end of the state, but my taxes to go pay for Paul Allen’s
shinny new football stratum I’ll never go to. Push Voting.

I was a speaker at a Town Hall meeting where they were going to debate the merits of voting in a
Boys Prison for our town. The state wanted it there and they lied about it. They sure didn’t use
the word Prison. They fluffed it up. They failed to notify me I was the Speaker Against. When I
showed up to hear the debate, the guy at the door (who knew me) said, “You’re on the seat on the
right, up on the stage.” The county wanted it for the state money it would bring it. The speaker
against, ran over her time and nobody stopped her until I bitched and had to physically interrupt. I
gave my case (brilliantly of course) and the reasons against. The commission voted right then, (in
the audience, with ballots in hand) and I was told my statements caused the majority of them to
change their votes when I stated facts and figures they hadn’t been told. Turns out the County
Supervisors had published a phony Push Poll to convince voters and citizens everybody wanted it.

> What do US News & World Report college rankings prepared by an editorial committee
> have to do with an NBC News poll?

“Editorial committee?” So have I answered that?

> > For them to make a statement of, without their numbers (%) if each is a generalization and
matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by forming opinions.
All subterfuge; very Fox-like.

> All they're doing is reporting the results of the NBC poll.

By generalizing and editorializing? Where are the numbers? What were the poll questions? How did
they ask, “Do you want a Third Party?”

> This one:
> http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/11/NBC-GenForward-N...

> > If the majorities of these majorities wanted a third party, there’d be one.

> It's a poll of young adults 18 - 34. They aren't a majority. They're a future majority.

Says who?

Jerry ‘n Vegas

From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 10:35:23 -0800 (PST)
From: risky biz <swingtrader@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:54:05 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> [...]
>
> > What do US News & World Report college rankings prepared by an editorial committee
> > have to do with an NBC News poll?
>
> “Editorial committee?” So have I answered that?
>
> > > For them to make a statement of, without their numbers (%) if each is a generalization and
matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by forming opinions.
All subterfuge; very Fox-like.

> > All they're doing is reporting the results of the NBC poll.
>
> By generalizing and editorializing? Where are the numbers? What were the poll questions? How did
they ask, “Do you want a Third Party?”

> > This one:

http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/11/NBC-GenForward-N...

> > > If the majorities of these majorities wanted a third party, there’d be one.
>
> > It's a poll of young adults 18 - 34. They aren't a majority. They're a future majority.

You win, Jerry.

Next <
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 12:28:46 -0800 (PST)
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 10:35:31 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
> [...]
Supervisors had published a phony Push Poll to convince voters and citizens everybody wanted it.

> > > What do US News & World Report college rankings prepared by an editorial committee
> > > have to do with an NBC News poll?
> >
> > “Editorial committee?” So have I answered that?

matches their other ‘attached commentary.’ These people are forming news by forming opinions.
All subterfuge; very Fox-like.

> > > All they're doing is reporting the results of the NBC poll.
> >
> > By generalizing and editorializing? Where are the numbers? What were the poll questions? How did
they ask, “Do you want a Third Party?”

> > > This one:

http://genforwardsurvey.com/assets/uploads/2017/11/NBC-GenForward-N...

> > > It's a poll of young adults 18 - 34. They aren't a majority. They're a future majority.

Yea, sorry Risk, sometimes I tend to go on and on.
Pretty passionate about my politics...