> Prev
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower TypicallyUsed by Infantry Troops
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:04:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically
Used by Infantry Troops
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/28/us/ar-15-rifle-mass-s...

When a gunman walked into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, he was carrying an
AR-15-style rifle that allowed him to fire upon people in much the same way that many American
soldiers and Marines would fire their M16 and M4 rifles in combat.

Since 2007, at least 173 people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States involving
AR-15s, according to a New York Times analysis. The grim list includes crimes in Newtown, Conn.; Las
Vegas; San Bernardino, Calif.; and now Parkland, Fla.

Photo of assault weapons group:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtNJz3Llnlrb-H7grEw9RRnZgcSn

The main functional difference between the military’s M16 and M4 rifles and a civilian AR-15 is
the “burst” mode on many military models, which allow three rounds to be fired with one trigger
pull. Some military versions of the rifles have a full automatic feature, which fires until the
trigger is released or a magazine is empty of ammunition.

But in actual American combat these technical differences are less significant than they seem. For
decades the American military has trained its conventional troops to fire their M4s and M16s in the
semiautomatic mode — one bullet per trigger pull — instead of on “burst” or automatic in
almost all shooting situations. The weapons are more accurate this way, and thus more lethal.

Photo: of selector switchs
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtNJz3Llnlrb-H8i10Yv2XDAT1x8

The National Rifle Association and other pro-gun groups highlight the fully automatic feature in
military M4s and M16s. But the American military, after a long experience with fully automatic M16s
reaching back to Vietnam, decided by the 1980s to issue M16s, and later M4s, to most conventional
troops without the fully automatic function, and to train them to fire in a more controlled fashion.

What all of this means is that the Parkland gunman, in practical terms, had the same rifle firepower
as an American grunt using a standard infantry rifle in the standard way.

Representative Brian Mast of Florida, a Republican and an Army combat veteran, has called for a ban
on the sale of AR-15-style rifles.

“The exact definition of assault weapon will need to be determined,” Mr. Mast said. “But we
should all be able to agree that the civilian version of the very deadly weapon that the Army issued
to me should certainly qualify.”

Joe Plenzler, a 20-year combat veteran of the Marine Corps, is part of a social media movement of
military veterans, including those who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, calling for reforms on the
sale or possession of modern military-style firearms.

“They are the Formula One cars of guns, designed to kill as many people as quickly and efficiently
as possible,” Mr. Plenzler said, referring to AR-15-style rifles. “We are seeing
battlefield-level casualties because we are allowing those weapons on our street,” he said.

Like the military’s M4s and M16s, civilian AR-15s are fed with box magazines — the standard
magazine holds 30 rounds, or cartridges — that can be swapped out quickly, allowing a gunman to
fire more than a hundred rounds in minutes. That is what the police described the Parkland gunman as
having done. In many states, civilians can buy magazines that hold many more rounds, including 60-
and 100-round versions.

A New York Times analysis of a video from a Florida classroom estimates that during his crime the
gunman fired his AR-15 as quickly as one-and-a-half rounds per second. The military trains soldiers
to fire at a sustained rate of 12 to 15 rounds per minute, or a round every four or five seconds.

The small-caliber, high-velocity rounds used in the military rifles are identical to those sold for
the civilian weapons. They have been documented inflicting grievous bone and soft-tissue wounds.
Both civilian and military models of the rifle are lightweight and have very little recoil.

A federal ban on the manufacture of certain rifles deemed to be “assault weapons” took effect in
1994, and the list of covered rifles included the AR-15.

Since the ban expired in 2004, the number of rifles manufactured in the United States increased
threefold to four million in 2013. That was one year after a gunman killed his mother and then 26
others at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
_____________________________

Sources: U.S. Marine Corps M16/M4 Service Rifle Familiarization; National Rifle Association; Bureau
of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Note: Information on the precise version or year of manufacture of each gun was not always
available, so a version of the model or a similar one is shown. In some mass shootings, multiple
weapons were used.

John Ismay, Lauren Katzenberg and Thomas Gibbons-Neff contributed reporting..

From: jerryturdsuck <jerryturdsuck@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 20:43:03 -0800 (PST)
Used by Infantry Troops
From: jerryturdsuck@gmail.com
Wow,  a lot of Bullshit in one article..........

With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/28/us/ar-15-rifle-mass-s...

When a gunman walked into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, he was carrying an
AR-15-style rifle that allowed him to fire upon people in much the same way that many American
soldiers and Marines would fire their M16 and M4 rifles in combat.

Since 2007, at least 173 people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States involving
AR-15s, according to a New York Times analysis. The grim list includes crimes in Newtown, Conn.; Las
Vegas; San Bernardino, Calif.; and now Parkland, Fla. ............

OMG!  173 deaths in 11 years.   That's such a tiny percentage of overall gun deaths and you nimrods
are being led by the nose to ban a weapon solely because it looks scary.  Lol.................

The main functional difference between the military’s M16 and M4 rifles and a civilian AR-15 is
the “burst” mode on many military models, which allow three rounds to be fired with one trigger
pull. Some military versions of the rifles have a full automatic feature, which fires until the
trigger is released or a magazine is empty of ammunition.

But in actual American combat these technical differences are less significant than they seem. For
decades the American military has trained its conventional troops to fire their M4s and M16s in the
semiautomatic mode — one bullet per trigger pull — instead of on “burst” or automatic in
almost all shooting situations. The weapons are more accurate this way, and thus more
lethal.................

Lol, more lethal.   That's rich.   So tell me,  why the most deadly mass shooting,  Vegas,  was done
using guns with bump stocks........

The National Rifle Association and other pro-gun groups highlight the fully automatic feature in
military M4s and M16s. But the American military, after a long experience with fully automatic M16s
reaching back to Vietnam, decided by the 1980s to issue M16s, and later M4s, to most conventional
troops without the fully automatic function, and to train them to fire in a more controlled fashion.

What all of this means is that the Parkland gunman, in practical terms, had the same rifle firepower
as an American grunt using a standard infantry rifle in the standard way. ................

And that's EXACTLY what the 2nd Amendment protects..........

[...]

Battlefield level casualties.   15 or so deaths on average a year.   What battlefield is he talking
about?...............

[...]

The 5.56mm cartridge is the smallest,  least powerful round EVER chosen by the US armed forces for
their main battle rifle.   There is work being done now to chose a new round because it is under
powered.  The 30.06 can fire a round 3 times heavier at close to the same velocity.   Ditto for the
.308..................

A federal ban on the manufacture of certain rifles deemed to be “assault weapons” took effect in
1994, and the list of covered rifles included the AR-15.

Since the ban expired in 2004, the number of rifles manufactured in the United States increased
threefold to four million in 2013. That was one year after a gunman killed his mother and then 26
others at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn...............

There are 10's of millions of ARs in civilian hands now.  .00001 percent of them are used in mass
shootings each year.   You're being led by the nose like the useful idiots you are.   In 1776 the
British demanded we surrender our arms.   We shot them.

From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 07:03:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower
Typically Used by Infantry Troops
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 8:43:16 PM UTC-8, jerryt...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wow,  a lot of Bullshit in one article..........

Then I look forward to seeing you dispel it…

>> With AR-15s, Mass Shooters Attack With the Rifle Firepower Typically Used by Infantry Troops

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/28/us/ar-15-rifle-mass-s...

>> When a gunman walked into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14, he was carrying an
AR-15-style rifle that allowed him to fire upon people in much the same way that many American
soldiers and Marines would fire their M16 and M4 rifles in combat.

>> Since 2007, at least 173 people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States involving
AR-15s, according to a New York Times analysis. The grim list includes crimes in Newtown, Conn.; Las
Vegas; San Bernardino, Calif.; and now Parkland, Fla. ............

> OMG!  173 deaths in 11 years.   That's such a tiny percentage of overall gun deaths and you
nimrods are being led by the nose to ban a weapon solely because it looks scary.
Lol.................

Nope, no Bullshit there, just you mouthing off. Care to try again?

>> The main functional difference between the military’s M16 and M4 rifles and a civilian AR-15 is
the “burst” mode on many military models, which allow three rounds to be fired with one trigger
pull. Some military versions of the rifles have a full automatic feature, which fires until the
trigger is released or a magazine is empty of ammunition.

> But in actual American combat these technical differences are less significant than they seem. For
decades the American military has trained its conventional troops to fire their M4s and M16s in the
semiautomatic mode — one bullet per trigger pull — instead of on “burst” or automatic in
almost all shooting situations. The weapons are more accurate this way, and thus more
lethal.................

Nope, no Bullshit there, just you mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

> Lol, more lethal.   That's rich.   So tell me,  why the most deadly mass shooting,  Vegas,  was
done using guns with bump stocks........

Nope, no Bullshit shown there, just you mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

> The National Rifle Association and other pro-gun groups highlight the fully automatic feature in
military M4s and M16s. But the American military, after a long experience with fully automatic M16s
reaching back to Vietnam, decided by the 1980s to issue M16s, and later M4s, to most conventional
troops without the fully automatic function, and to train them to fire in a more controlled fashion.

> What all of this means is…

WHOA! You were going to point out bullshit. What happened? No Bullshit there, just you mouthing off
some more. Care to try again?

> that the Parkland gunman, in practical terms, had the same rifle firepower as an American grunt
using a standard infantry rifle in the standard way. ................

> And that's EXACTLY what the 2nd Amendment protects..........

No, it does not. It’s YOU that’s full of bullshit. The Second Amendment doesn’t NOT protect
you for owning an assault weapon. SCOTUS 2008 Heller Decision. So, again, no Bullshit there, just
you mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

>> Representative Brian Mast of Florida, a Republican and an Army combat veteran, has called for a
ban on the sale of AR-15-style rifles.

>> “The exact definition of assault weapon will need to be determined,” Mr. Mast said. “But we
should all be able to agree that the civilian version of the very deadly weapon that the Army issued
to me should certainly qualify.”

>> Joe Plenzler, a 20-year combat veteran of the Marine Corps, is part of a social media movement of
military veterans, including those who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, calling for reforms on the
sale or possession of modern military-style firearms.

> “They are the Formula One cars of guns, designed to kill as many people as quickly…

Nope, no Bullshit there, just you mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

>> Like the military’s M4s and M16s, civilian AR-15s are fed with box magazines — the standard
magazine holds 30 rounds, or cartridges — that can be swapped out quickly, allowing a gunman to
fire more than a hundred rounds in minutes. That is what the police described the Parkland gunman as
having done. In many states, civilians can buy magazines that hold many more rounds, including 60-
and 100-round versions.

>> A New York Times analysis of a video from a Florida classroom estimates that during his crime the
gunman fired his AR-15 as quickly as one-and-a-half rounds per second. The military trains soldiers
to fire at a sustained rate of 12 to 15 rounds per minute, or a round every four or five seconds.

> The small-caliber, high-velocity rounds used in the military rifles are identical to those sold
for the civilian weapons. They have been documented inflicting grievous bone and soft-tissue wounds.
Both civilian and military models of the rifle are lightweight and have very little
recoil...............

Nope, no Bullshit there, just you are mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

>> A federal ban on the manufacture of certain rifles deemed to be “assault weapons” took effect
in 1994, and the list of covered rifles included the AR-15.

> Since the ban expired in 2004, the number of rifles manufactured in the United States increased
threefold to four million in 2013. That was one year …

Nope, no Bullshit there, just you mouthing off some more. Care to try again?

You’re pretty fucked up. .. And next time, try formatting so it’s more clear how full of shit
you are.

From: jerryturdsuck <jerryturdsuck@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 12:17:12 -0800 (PST)
Typically Used by Infantry Troops
From: jerryturdsuck@gmail.com
Lol,  if you weren't such a dumbfuck you would have easily been able to follow along.  Most of what
you claimed to be wrong was actually the article you posted.   Your flailings were funny to read
though.

Quick question,  do you say it's bullshit that the 5.56mm round is the smallest,least powerful round
the Armed Forces have ever used for a main battle rifle?  If you do,  your knowledge if the subject
is sorely lacking.

Next <
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 16:13:33 -0800 (PST)
Typically Used by Infantry Troops
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 12:17:24 PM UTC-8, jerryt...@gmail.com wrote:
> Lol,  if you weren't such a dumbfuck you would have easily been able to follow along.

No answers noted from this fucking idiot.
He so embarrassed he delegated them all.

And ***POOF!*** he gone…

Next..