> Prev
From: irishranger317 <irishranger317@gmail.com>
Subject: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.34.148 with SMTP id f20mr11687471qta.28.1520266143186;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 08:09:03 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.178.81 with SMTP id b78mr1700850vkf.14.1520266143067;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 08:09:03 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed7.news.xs4all.nl!feeds.phibee-telecom.net!border2.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!t24no3886307qtn.0!news-out.google.com!a13ni716qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no3886302qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 08:09:02 -0800 (PST)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2600:1700:8310:5270:182:8a3:ee24:dfa5;
posting-account=yzJ81wkAAABoVzzcPbeWzhTmBZInyTUe
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2600:1700:8310:5270:182:8a3:ee24:dfa5
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: irishranger317@gmail.com
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 16:09:03 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 4077
X-Received-Body-CRC: 934060403
Lines: 61
Print Article
Forward Article
"Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive, but the ratings were anything but.

The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent compared to the 2017 viewership
with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen’s overnight numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to TheWrap.

Host Jimmy Kimmel speaks at the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at the Dolby Theatre in Los
Angeles. 
“We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one point.
“We make them to upset Mike Pence.”  

The sharp decline marks what could become the lowest-rated Oscars of all time on a night when Host
Jimmy Kimmel and the crowd of Hollywood elite focused on diversity, feminism and political issues as
much as it focused on the films being honored.

The lack of high-wattage stars in the major categories, and a ho-hum slate of films when it came to
box office receipts, may have also been a factor.

Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that people shouldn’t be surprised
that the show turned political and featured “divisive, left-wing politics” throughout the
four-hour event.

“The Tinseltown elite genuinely hate the people they expect will pay to see their movies and watch
their TV shows,” Gainor said. “Why do we support them?”

Sunday night’s awards were politically charged and loaded with mentions of the #MeToo and Time’s
Up movements. Kimmel took jabs at President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and even Fox News
viewers.

“We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one point.
“We make them to upset Mike Pence.”

The Pence joke prompted conservative commentator Ben Shapiro to sarcastically tweet, “I thought
Hollywood wasn’t biased against conservatives and only cares about the bottom line.”

During the show, Kimmel lauded the actual Oscar statue, noting its age of 90 and taking a swipe at
Fox News viewers in the process: "Oscar is 90 years old tonight, which means he’s probably at home
tonight watching Fox News."

Kimmel wasn't the only one getting political throughout the night. Stars Kumail Nanjiani and Nyong'o
took the stage to share a message of support to Dreamers ahead of announcing "Shape of Water" as the
winner of best production design.

A musical performance from Common and Andra Day of “Stand Up for Something” was an ode to
American activism with politically charged lyrics about topics like the NRA, the Parkland shooting,
immigration, feminism and Puerto Rico."

The unique monster movie "The Shape of Water" took home the award for best picture.
Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report. 

Irish Mike 

	
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.221.197 with SMTP id u66mr11118241qku.43.1520266943791;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 08:22:23 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.171.82 with SMTP id u79mr1703267vke.3.1520266943602; Mon,
05 Mar 2018 08:22:23 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no3867723qtn.1!news-out.google.com!a13ni752qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no3891419qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 08:22:23 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346;
posting-account=d1PVKAoAAADguuVHWrfpPTDYHdAHy9dL
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 16:22:23 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 69
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 8:09:15 AM UTC-8, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
> "Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive, but the ratings were anything
but.
> 
> The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent compared to the 2017 viewership
with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen’s overnight numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to TheWrap.
> 
> Host Jimmy Kimmel speaks at the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at the Dolby Theatre in Los
Angeles. 
> “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”  
> 
> The sharp decline marks what could become the lowest-rated Oscars of all time on a night when Host
Jimmy Kimmel and the crowd of Hollywood elite focused on diversity, feminism and political issues as
much as it focused on the films being honored.
> 
> The lack of high-wattage stars in the major categories, and a ho-hum slate of films when it came
to box office receipts, may have also been a factor..
> 
> Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that people shouldn’t be surprised
that the show turned political and featured “divisive, left-wing politics” throughout the
four-hour event.
> 
> “The Tinseltown elite genuinely hate the people they expect will pay to see their movies and
watch their TV shows,” Gainor said. “Why do we support them?”
> 
> Sunday night’s awards were politically charged and loaded with mentions of the #MeToo and
Time’s Up movements. Kimmel took jabs at President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and even Fox
News viewers.
> 
> “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”
> 
> The Pence joke prompted conservative commentator Ben Shapiro to sarcastically tweet, “I thought
Hollywood wasn’t biased against conservatives and only cares about the bottom line.”
> 
> During the show, Kimmel lauded the actual Oscar statue, noting its age of 90 and taking a swipe at
Fox News viewers in the process: "Oscar is 90 years old tonight, which means he’s probably at home
tonight watching Fox News."
> 
> Kimmel wasn't the only one getting political throughout the night. Stars Kumail Nanjiani and
Nyong'o took the stage to share a message of support to Dreamers ahead of announcing "Shape of
Water" as the winner of best production design.
> 
> A musical performance from Common and Andra Day of “Stand Up for Something” was an ode to
American activism with politically charged lyrics about topics like the NRA, the Parkland shooting,
immigration, feminism and Puerto Rico."
> 
> The unique monster movie "The Shape of Water" took home the award for best picture.
> Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report. 
> 
> Irish Mike



I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more.  These people
make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst. 

	
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.57.105 with SMTP id t38mr11757970qtb.22.1520274492777;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:28:12 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.171.82 with SMTP id u79mr1741880vke.3.1520274492665; Mon,
05 Mar 2018 10:28:12 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!t24no3962429qtn.0!news-out.google.com!a13ni781qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no3962424qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 10:28:12 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=68.104.8.178; posting-account=Hm3-XAoAAADEywKbjLyIgNX200WVCCV9
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.104.8.178
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com> <0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:28:12 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 72
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 8:22:34 AM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 8:09:15 AM UTC-8, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
> > "Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive, but the ratings were anything
but.
> > 
> > The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent compared to the 2017
viewership with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen’s overnight numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to
TheWrap.
> > 
> > Host Jimmy Kimmel speaks at the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at the Dolby Theatre in Los
Angeles. 
> > “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”  
> > 
> > The sharp decline marks what could become the lowest-rated Oscars of all time on a night when
Host Jimmy Kimmel and the crowd of Hollywood elite focused on diversity, feminism and political
issues as much as it focused on the films being honored.
> > 
> > The lack of high-wattage stars in the major categories, and a ho-hum slate of films when it came
to box office receipts, may have also been a factor.
> > 
> > Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that people shouldn’t be
surprised that the show turned political and featured “divisive, left-wing politics” throughout
the four-hour event.
> > 
> > “The Tinseltown elite genuinely hate the people they expect will pay to see their movies and
watch their TV shows,” Gainor said. “Why do we support them?”
> > 
> > Sunday night’s awards were politically charged and loaded with mentions of the #MeToo and
Time’s Up movements. Kimmel took jabs at President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and even Fox
News viewers.
> > 
> > “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”
> > 
> > The Pence joke prompted conservative commentator Ben Shapiro to sarcastically tweet, “I
thought Hollywood wasn’t biased against conservatives and only cares about the bottom line.”
> > 
> > During the show, Kimmel lauded the actual Oscar statue, noting its age of 90 and taking a swipe
at Fox News viewers in the process: "Oscar is 90 years old tonight, which means he’s probably at
home tonight watching Fox News."
> > 
> > Kimmel wasn't the only one getting political throughout the night. Stars Kumail Nanjiani and
Nyong'o took the stage to share a message of support to Dreamers ahead of announcing "Shape of
Water" as the winner of best production design.
> > 
> > A musical performance from Common and Andra Day of “Stand Up for Something” was an ode to
American activism with politically charged lyrics about topics like the NRA, the Parkland shooting,
immigration, feminism and Puerto Rico."
> > 
> > The unique monster movie "The Shape of Water" took home the award for best picture.
> > Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report. 
> > 
> > Irish Mike
> 
> 
> 
> I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more.  These
people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.

So why do you watch him? 

	
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.162.83 with SMTP id l80mr12119868qke.57.1520288636386;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:23:56 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.157.18 with SMTP id g18mr1820373vke.2.1520288636152; Mon,
05 Mar 2018 14:23:56 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!t24no4074214qtn.0!news-out.google.com!a13ni802qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no4074211qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:23:55 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346;
posting-account=d1PVKAoAAADguuVHWrfpPTDYHdAHy9dL
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:23:56 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 11
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:



 
> > 
> > I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more.  These
people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.
> 
> So why do you watch him?


I don't watch him.  I don't even have a working television.  Get back on your little retardmobile
and go for a ride around Summerlin, the fresh air might help you. 

	
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.56.84 with SMTP id f81mr12586731qka.28.1520297817637;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 16:56:57 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.180.79 with SMTP id d76mr1856689vkf.7.1520297817328; Mon,
05 Mar 2018 16:56:57 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!t24no4137876qtn.0!news-out.google.com!a13ni807qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no4137872qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 16:56:57 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=68.104.8.178; posting-account=Hm3-XAoAAADEywKbjLyIgNX200WVCCV9
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.104.8.178
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
<604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Injection-Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 00:56:57 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 23
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:24:07 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> 
> 
> 
>  
> > > 
> > > I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more.  These
people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.
> > 
> > So why do you watch him?
> 
> 
> I don't watch him.

So how are you saying he's, "one of the worst?" You're not into Cut & Paste-ing FOX bullshit like
Idiot Irish Mick, are you?

(Got'ya!)



 

> I don't even have a working television.  Get back on your little retardmobile and go for a ride
around Summerlin, the fresh air might help you. 

	
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.237.62.25 with SMTP id l25mr12796226qtf.53.1520302341064;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:12:21 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.48.198 with SMTP id w189mr1879561vkw.1.1520302340836;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:12:20 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no4136779qtn.1!news-out.google.com!m4ni1201qte.0!nntp.google.com!t24no4163565qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 18:12:20 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346;
posting-account=d1PVKAoAAADguuVHWrfpPTDYHdAHy9dL
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
<604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com> <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Injection-Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 02:12:21 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 22
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 4:57:01 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:24:07 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> > On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >  
> > > > 
> > > > I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more. 
These people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.
> > > 
> > > So why do you watch him?
> > 
> > 
> > I don't watch him.
> 
> So how are you saying he's, "one of the worst?" You're not into Cut & Paste-ing FOX bullshit like
Idiot Irish Mick, are you?
> 
> (Got'ya!)
> 



I see his bullshit on Twitter and Youtube.  The black and white television I had finally pooped out
on me and the repairman says they don't even make the parts to fix it now.  I don't want to buy a
new one because I need the money to play slots with. 

	
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.52.102 with SMTP id v35mr13897134qtb.15.1520343562324;
Tue, 06 Mar 2018 05:39:22 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.161.197 with SMTP id k188mr2078408vke.8.1520343562146;
Tue, 06 Mar 2018 05:39:22 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no4397988qtn.1!news-out.google.com!m4ni1309qte.0!nntp.google.com!r16no4397984qtn.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 05:39:21 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=68.104.8.178; posting-account=Hm3-XAoAAADEywKbjLyIgNX200WVCCV9
NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.104.8.178
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
<604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com> <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
<ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <92a83a7a-f069-4b5b-a680-e83adc6ac122@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: VegasJerry <jerryst@cox.net>
Injection-Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:39:22 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 25
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 6:12:35 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 4:57:01 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:24:07 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> > > On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >  
> > > > > 
> > > > > I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more. 
These people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.
> > > > 
> > > > So why do you watch him?
> > > 
> > > 
> > > I don't watch him.
> > 
> > So how are you saying he's, "one of the worst?" You're not into Cut & Paste-ing FOX bullshit
like Idiot Irish Mick, are you?
> > 
> > (Got'ya!)
 
> I see his bullshit on Twitter and Youtube.

So you watch him... 

	
From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.57.105 with SMTP id t38mr14522951qtb.22.1520362857913;
Tue, 06 Mar 2018 11:00:57 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.173.2 with SMTP id w2mr2185633vke.10.1520362856672; Tue,
06 Mar 2018 11:00:56 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no4553597qtn.1!news-out.google.com!a13ni1008qtd.1!nntp.google.com!t24no4582994qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 11:00:56 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.189.216.176;
posting-account=9tP_uwoAAAD1vfWhLdsNH4ImDfm7cP1K
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.189.216.176
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
<604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com> <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
<ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <1ce04f81-dfd6-4d2d-a9d4-bbeb97492900@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: Tim Norfolk <timsn274@aol.com>
Injection-Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 19:00:57 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 25
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 9:12:35 PM UTC-5, popinjay wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 4:57:01 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:24:07 PM UTC-8, popinjay wrote:
> > > On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 10:28:25 AM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >  
> > > > > 
> > > > > I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars.  Maybe 30 years ago?  Maybe more. 
These people make me sick.  And Jimmy Kimmel is one of the worst.
> > > > 
> > > > So why do you watch him?
> > > 
> > > 
> > > I don't watch him.
> > 
> > So how are you saying he's, "one of the worst?" You're not into Cut & Paste-ing FOX bullshit
like Idiot Irish Mick, are you?
> > 
> > (Got'ya!)
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> I see his bullshit on Twitter and Youtube.  The black and white television I had finally pooped
out on me and the repairman says they don't even make the parts to fix it now.  I don't want to buy
a new one because I need the money to play slots with.

I have a 32" flatscreen you could have, if you can figure out how to get it to you. Alternatively,
since you are tech-savvy, you could connect a tuner component to the motherboard of your computer. 

	
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.52.39 with SMTP id u36mr17265467qtb.55.1520452855191;
Wed, 07 Mar 2018 12:00:55 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.169.211 with SMTP id s202mr2632707vke.4.1520452854633;
Wed, 07 Mar 2018 12:00:54 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no542829qtn.1!news-out.google.com!a13ni265qtd.1!nntp.google.com!r16no542826qtn.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 12:00:54 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <1ce04f81-dfd6-4d2d-a9d4-bbeb97492900@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346;
posting-account=d1PVKAoAAADguuVHWrfpPTDYHdAHy9dL
NNTP-Posting-Host: 2001:558:6012:3:a983:ca60:5661:3346
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
<0eb4a311-8cdf-446f-9fb3-fa281f492da5@googlegroups.com> <0b433e10-6484-4653-9588-5c78ad94e504@googlegroups.com>
<604e1c26-c548-4db7-ba5a-1dd460d52dd0@googlegroups.com> <c08bd1ef-7839-4156-8583-18895e0757a4@googlegroups.com>
<ac8d12e6-4585-4505-92d2-90dfc2a993b0@googlegroups.com> <1ce04f81-dfd6-4d2d-a9d4-bbeb97492900@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <2f4dd62a-312c-4d27-a5e1-6090c272fcfc@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: popinjay <paulpopinjay@sbcglobal.net>
Injection-Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 20:00:55 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 9
Print Article
Forward Article
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 11:01:12 AM UTC-8, Tim Norfolk wrote:



> 
> I have a 32" flatscreen you could have, if you can figure out how to get it to you. Alternatively,
since you are tech-savvy, you could connect a tuner component to the motherboard of your computer.



"Motherboard"? 

	
Next <
From: Bryan Cranston <katie4-katie@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.77.1 with SMTP id a1mr12257389qkb.49.1520287414808;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:03:34 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.160.212 with SMTP id j203mr1717211vke.12.1520287414581;
Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:03:34 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer01.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!r16no4039520qtn.1!news-out.google.com!m4ni1166qte.0!nntp.google.com!r16no4039516qtn.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 14:03:34 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=142.4.211.161;
posting-account=N1UwiQoAAACf6E5-90NaLS0uiKLKUhZ3
NNTP-Posting-Host: 142.4.211.161
References: <512454f7-361a-4269-a583-cb16903d2f80@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <bfab98b6-8846-4304-a2c7-dd8cb298c7fd@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Oscar ratings crash - maybe the lowest of all time
From: Bryan Cranston <katie4-katie@usa.net>
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:03:34 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 72
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1119114188
X-Received-Bytes: 4981
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 4:09:15 PM UTC, irishra...@gmail.com wrote:
> "Jimmy Kimmel claimed he was keeping this year's Oscars positive, but the ratings were anything
but.
> 
> The politically charged 2018 Academy Awards were down 15.6 percent compared to the 2017 viewership
with an 18.9 rating in Nielsen’s overnight numbers from 8-11 p.m. ET, according to TheWrap.
> 
> Host Jimmy Kimmel speaks at the Oscars on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at the Dolby Theatre in Los
Angeles. 
> “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”  
> 
> The sharp decline marks what could become the lowest-rated Oscars of all time on a night when Host
Jimmy Kimmel and the crowd of Hollywood elite focused on diversity, feminism and political issues as
much as it focused on the films being honored.
> 
> The lack of high-wattage stars in the major categories, and a ho-hum slate of films when it came
to box office receipts, may have also been a factor..
> 
> Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor told Fox News that people shouldn’t be surprised
that the show turned political and featured “divisive, left-wing politics” throughout the
four-hour event.
> 
> “The Tinseltown elite genuinely hate the people they expect will pay to see their movies and
watch their TV shows,” Gainor said. “Why do we support them?”
> 
> Sunday night’s awards were politically charged and loaded with mentions of the #MeToo and
Time’s Up movements. Kimmel took jabs at President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and even Fox
News viewers.
> 
> “We don’t make films like ‘Call Me By Your Name’ for money,” Kimmel quipped at one
point. “We make them to upset Mike Pence.”
> 
> The Pence joke prompted conservative commentator Ben Shapiro to sarcastically tweet, “I thought
Hollywood wasn’t biased against conservatives and only cares about the bottom line.”
> 
> During the show, Kimmel lauded the actual Oscar statue, noting its age of 90 and taking a swipe at
Fox News viewers in the process: "Oscar is 90 years old tonight, which means he’s probably at home
tonight watching Fox News."
> 
> Kimmel wasn't the only one getting political throughout the night. Stars Kumail Nanjiani and
Nyong'o took the stage to share a message of support to Dreamers ahead of announcing "Shape of
Water" as the winner of best production design.
> 
> A musical performance from Common and Andra Day of “Stand Up for Something” was an ode to
American activism with politically charged lyrics about topics like the NRA, the Parkland shooting,
immigration, feminism and Puerto Rico."
> 
> The unique monster movie "The Shape of Water" took home the award for best picture.
> Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report. 
> 
> Irish Mike


Do you seriously believe any of us wealthy elite talented people give a shit what some lazy fat
Trump-ass-kissers think of our politics. Just keep streaming our TV shows and paying for our movies
and we’ll laugh all the way to the bank. 

The Oscars did get over 20 million viewers and I heard that beat the shit out of Fox Fake News for
the night.