> Prev
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Subject: HW division and a financial record breaking freak show.
Full headers:
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 08:26:00 -0000 (UTC)
Ok guys, finally the clinschclowns are gone ( thanks Joshua ) and Tyson Fury
seems to have have retired again, what do we have now?
Next Joshua fight will be against Pulev who also likes to hold, wrestle and do anything
but boxing.
It still won't help him much against Joshua I guess and it could be entertaining for as long
as it lasts.

Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who managed to brag himself into a huge financial
encounter with Mayweather, well done McGregor.
What do you guys thinks of this?

Edmund

From: Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>
From: Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 12:25:24 +0200
Edmund wrote:

> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who
> managed to brag himself into a huge financial
> encounter with Mayweather, well done
> McGregor. What do you guys thinks of this?

If Mayweather keeps fighting he will loose
eventually, however I don't think this is the
occasion where it will happen.

But Mayweather has had (slight) problems
against people who close the distance quickly
and then fight unorthodoxly and/or
uncomfortably with him at the ropes.

However the people who did that, Maidana and to
some extent Cotto and de la Hoya, compared to
Mayweather they were not, but compared to
anyone else they were all true professionals
and well-schooled boxers since day one,
especially Cotto and de la Hoya but I can
include Maidana as well as the reference is now
McGregor, not even a boxer but an MMA fighter!

Knowing nothing about McGregor, I dare say in
terms of competition, this is a show, not
a fight.

Tactics for McGregor to win: 1) Push Mayweather
to the ropes, tripple up the jab if needed,
otherwise just wade thru. 2) At the ropes,
throw everything, gladly punches from other
planets. 3) Keep it up for - is this a 10 or 12
round fight? 4) Good luck!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Full headers:
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 10:46:56 -0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 12:25:24 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Edmund wrote:
>
>> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who
>> managed to brag himself into a huge financial
>> encounter with Mayweather, well done
>> McGregor. What do you guys thinks of this?
>
> If Mayweather keeps fighting he will loose
> eventually, however I don't think this is the
> occasion where it will happen.
>
> But Mayweather has had (slight) problems
> against people who close the distance quickly
> and then fight unorthodoxly and/or
> uncomfortably with him at the ropes.
>
> However the people who did that, Maidana and to
> some extent Cotto and de la Hoya, compared to
> Mayweather they were not, but compared to
> anyone else they were all true professionals
> and well-schooled boxers since day one,
> especially Cotto and de la Hoya but I can
> include Maidana as well as the reference is now
> McGregor, not even a boxer but an MMA fighter!
>
> Knowing nothing about McGregor, I dare say in
> terms of competition, this is a show, not
> a fight.
>
> Tactics for McGregor to win: 1) Push Mayweather
> to the ropes, tripple up the jab if needed,
> otherwise just wade thru. 2) At the ropes,
> throw everything, gladly punches from other
> planets. 3) Keep it up for - is this a 10 or 12
> round fight? 4) Good luck!

As you said it is all about the money and admittedly McGregor is doing a wonderful
job at it. About the show itself, changes of him winning is close to nothing
although a very lucky punch can happen. ( one in a million ).
It will attract a lot of attention to boxing and that ain't a bad thing.

Edmund

From: Juan Anonly <aqui@ahora.com>
Full headers:
From: Juan Anonly <aqui@ahora.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:33:00 -0700
On 2017-08-04 08:26:00 +0000, Edmund said:

> Ok guys, finally the clinschclowns are gone ( thanks Joshua ) and Tyson Fury
> seems to have have retired again, what do we have now?
> Next Joshua fight will be against Pulev who also likes to hold, wrestle
> and do anything
> but boxing.
> It still won't help him much against Joshua I guess and it could be
> entertaining for as long
> as it lasts.

I'm waiting for the eventual Joshua / Wilder fight.  It's amazing that
when I was a kid heavyweights, lead by Ali, dominated the scene. I
liked to watch heavyweights then, but I don't much any more.  So
frequently they have limited skills and just throw wild punches, and
worse, some of them can take them.  It makes me wonder whether they'll
ever talk to their grand children.

> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who managed to brag himself
> into a huge financial
> encounter with Mayweather, well done McGregor.
> What do you guys thinks of this?

It's just BS to make money, nothing more, nothing less.  I'll read
about it in the paper.  I know a lot of fight fans are adamant that
McGregor doesn't belong in the ring with him, because he's not a boxer.
 That's fine, but I'm not getting suckered into a conversation about
nothing.  P.T. Barnum would have been delighted to have a piece of this
action.

Next <
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
From: Edmund <nomail@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.boxing
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2017 11:01:38 -0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 10:33:00 -0700, Juan Anonly wrote:

> On 2017-08-04 08:26:00 +0000, Edmund said:
>
>> Ok guys, finally the clinschclowns are gone ( thanks Joshua ) and Tyson Fury
>> seems to have have retired again, what do we have now?
>> Next Joshua fight will be against Pulev who also likes to hold, wrestle
>> and do anything
>> but boxing.
>> It still won't help him much against Joshua I guess and it could be
>> entertaining for as long
>> as it lasts.
>
> I'm waiting for the eventual Joshua / Wilder fight.

Me too but a mandatory Ortiz fight will come first and Joshua have to
win that fight first.
I don't think that any of the annoying clinchclowns have fought Ortiz
and I wonder why. ( I don't )

> when I was a kid heavyweights, lead by Ali, dominated the scene. I
> liked to watch heavyweights then, but I don't much any more.  So
> frequently they have limited skills and just throw wild punches, and
> worse, some of them can take them.  It makes me wonder whether they'll
> ever talk to their grand children.

We -you and me - are at least lucky enough to have seen Ali and Tyson,
so it can take quite some time before such a talent show up again.
I am so glad Joshua put and end to the last boring clinchclown and hope to
see a few real boxing -other then wrestling- matches in the near future.

>> Then we get a none boxer, a lightweight!! who managed to brag himself
>> into a huge financial
>> encounter with Mayweather, well done McGregor.
>> What do you guys thinks of this?
>
> It's just BS to make money, nothing more, nothing less.  I'll read
> about it in the paper.  I know a lot of fight fans are adamant that
> McGregor doesn't belong in the ring with him, because he's not a boxer.
>  That's fine, but I'm not getting suckered into a conversation about
> nothing.  P.T. Barnum would have been delighted to have a piece of this
> action.

Edmund