> Prev
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Subject: from Kaepernick's wikipedia -
Full headers:
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 14:33:33 -0700
a few excerpts from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

2014 season
On June 4, Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the
49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential
guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed.[38]

On September 17, Kaepernick was fined by the NFL for using inappropriate
language on the field.[39]
On October 9, he was fined $10,000 by the NFL for appearing at a
post-game press conference wearing headphones from Beats by Dre, while
the league's headphone sponsor was Bose.[40] --

2015 season
On November 21, the 49ers announced that Kaepernick would miss the rest
of the season because of an injured left shoulder that required surgery.

U.S. national anthem protest
Main article: U.S. national anthem protests (2016–present)
Before a preseason game in 2016, Kaepernick sat down, as opposed to the
tradition of standing, during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner".
During a post-game interview, he explained his position stating, "I am
not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that
oppresses black people and people of color. ---

Pro Football Hall of Famer and longtime civil rights activist
Jim Brown told an interviewer that while he "wants to be in
[Kaepernick's] corner", he would never "desecrate my flag and
my national anthem."[66]

Controversy over free agency
In late July and early August, the Baltimore Ravens were working to
extend an offer to Kaepernick. According to Ray Lewis, the offer was
terminated after a tweet by Kaepernick's girlfriend compared the Ravens
team owner Steve Bisciotti to a slave owner.
According to other reports, Bisciotti had been objecting to signing
Kaepernick even before the incident.

Kaepernick reportedly started dating radio personality and
television host Nessa in July 2015,[85] and officially went public
about their relationship in February 2016.[86] Kaepernick began
following a vegan diet in late 2015.[87]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nessa

Next <
From: Nunya Bidnits <kc@burntup.ends>
Subject: Re: from Kaepernick's wikipedia -
Full headers:
From: Nunya Bidnits <kc@burntup.ends>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:05:33 -0600
On 9/29/2017 3:33 PM, a425couple wrote:
> a few excerpts from
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick
>
> 2014 season
> On June 4, Kaepernick signed a six-year contract extension with the
> 49ers, worth up to $126 million, including $54 million in potential
> guarantees, and $13 million fully guaranteed.[38]
>
> On September 17, Kaepernick was fined by the NFL for using inappropriate
> language on the field.[39]
> On October 9, he was fined $10,000 by the NFL for appearing at a
> post-game press conference wearing headphones from Beats by Dre, while
> the league's headphone sponsor was Bose.[40] --
>
> 2015 season
> On November 21, the 49ers announced that Kaepernick would miss the rest
> of the season because of an injured left shoulder that required surgery.
>
> U.S. national anthem protest
> Main article: U.S. national anthem protests (2016–present)
> Before a preseason game in 2016, Kaepernick sat down, as opposed to the
> tradition of standing, during the playing of "The Star-Spangled Banner".
> During a post-game interview, he explained his position stating, "I am
> not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that
> oppresses black people and people of color. ---
>
> Pro Football Hall of Famer and longtime civil rights activist
> Jim Brown told an interviewer that while he "wants to be in
> [Kaepernick's] corner", he would never "desecrate my flag and
> my national anthem."[66]
>
> Controversy over free agency
> In late July and early August, the Baltimore Ravens were working to
> extend an offer to Kaepernick. According to Ray Lewis, the offer was
> terminated after a tweet by Kaepernick's girlfriend compared the Ravens
> team owner Steve Bisciotti to a slave owner.
> According to other reports, Bisciotti had been objecting to signing
> Kaepernick even before the incident.
>
> Kaepernick reportedly started dating radio personality and
> television host Nessa in July 2015,[85] and officially went public
> about their relationship in February 2016.[86] Kaepernick began
> following a vegan diet in late 2015.[87]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nessa

Very interesting, and this too:

Colin Kaepernick
Date of birth:	November 3, 1987 (age 29)

Nessa
Born	Nessa Diab
May 6, 1984 (age 33)
Occupation	Television and radio host
Partner(s)	Colin Kaepernick
Nessa is a Muslim.[5][6] Her parents are Egyptian. She has two brothers.

She began dating Colin Kaepernick when he was an American football
quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League
(NFL), in July 2015.[7] They officially went public about their
relationship in February 2016. Previously, she had dated Aldon Smith of
the San Francisco 49ers.

2013 season
Smith got off to a fast start during the 2013 season getting 4.5 sacks
in the first three games. However, on September 20, Smith was involved
in a single vehicle accident in San Jose, California. He was
subsequently arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and
possession of marijuana. After the loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the
third week of the football season, he voluntarily entered a
rehabilitation facility, to be put onto the non-football injury list
with an indefinite leave of absence.[14]

Smith missed five games in rehabilitation, he would return to the team
in Week 10 against the Carolina Panthers but in a backup role, he would
not start a game until Week 13 against the St. Louis Rams. He ended the
season strong finishing with 34 tackles and 8.5 sacks. Smith was ranked
#33 in the NFL Top 100 Players of 2014.

2014 season
Smith served a nine-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance
abuse and personal conduct policies. He was reinstated in Week 11.[15]

On August 7, 2015, following an arrest for his third DUI, Smith was
released by the 49ers.[16]

Oakland Raiders
2015 season
On September 11, 2015, Smith signed a one-year contract with the Oakland
Raiders.[17] He collected two tackles in his first game with the Raiders
in their season opening loss against the Cincinnati Bengals. He got his
first start with the Raiders on September 27, against the Cleveland
Browns and finished with two solo tackles. The following week, he earned
his first sack against the Chicago Bears and finished the game with a
season-high six tackles. He played his last game of the season on
November 15 and finished the 14-30 loss with three tackles and one sack.
Two days later, the NFL issued Smith a one-year suspension due to his
hit-and-run on August 6, 2015. (See Legal issues)[18] He finished his
first season with the Oakland Raiders with a total of 28 tackles and
three and a half sacks in seven starts and nine games.[19]

2016 season
On April 4, 2016, Smith re-signed with the Raiders. On October 27, 2016,
Smith applied for reinstatment with his one-year suspension coming to an
end on November 17, 2017