> Prev
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Subject: List of current National Football League consecutive playoffappearances
Full headers:
From: a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.ariz-cardinals,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
Subject: List of current National Football League consecutive playoff
appearances
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 11:45:21 -0800
My question is, what is normal cycle?
So I asked, 'in nfl what is longest current streak of winning seasons?'

List of current National Football League consecutive playoff appearances
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_Leag...

The following is a list of National Football League teams with the most
consecutive active seasons appearing in the playoffs. Thus the teams
eligible are the teams that have qualified for the 2016 NFL Playoffs by
either winning one of the eight divisions or by winning a wildcard spot
at the conclusion of the 16 game regular season.
Note: Super Bowl appearances during streak in parentheses; victories in
bold.
8 seasons: New England Patriots (XLVI, XLIX, LI),
   & Green Bay Packers (XLV)
5 seasons: Seattle Seahawks (XLVIII, XLIX)
3 seasons: Pittsburgh Steelers
2 seasons: Kansas City Chiefs, Houston Texans

Inside that wiki is also:
Current consecutive 9+ win seasons[edit]
NE Patriots - 16!!!
Seattle - 5
Denver - 5
KC chiefs - 4
Pittsburgh Steelers	3
Green Bay Packers	3
Houston Texans          3

also inside and interesting
Most consecutive playoff appearances all time (1945-89)
Browns 1946-55  10
Cowboys  9
Steelers & Rams 8

other:
Patriots' streak of winning seasons best since Montana/Young 49ers ...
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/.../patriots-streak-of-winning-seasons-best-since-monta...
Dec 4, 2012 - Patriots' streak of winning seasons best since
Montana/Young 49ers ... With 12 straight winning records, the Patriots
have by far the longest active streak in ... the longest streak of
consecutive winning seasons in NFL history, ...

or, for losing:
http://www.twincities.com/2012/09/07/losing-seasons-and-longest-run...

Here are the longest stretches of consecutive losing seasons for NFL
teams that have been playing continuously since at least 1961, with the
current name of the franchise. Although the Baltimore Ravens
“officially” began in 1996, their totals include the old Cleveland
Browns’ records, for the sake of comparisons. There were no 1996-98
Cleveland Browns.

TEAM        LONGEST LOSING STRETCH

Vikings        3

Jets        4

*Ravens        4

Cowboys        5

Packers        5

Redskins        5

Chiefs        6

Titans        6

Bears        7

Bills        7

Chargers        7

Eagles        7

Patriots        7

Raiders        7

49ers        8

Giants        8

Steelers        8

Cardinals        9

Colts        9

Rams        9

Broncos        10

Lions         10

* Combined Baltimore Ravens/old Cleveland Browns

SOURCES: Staff research, pro-football-reference.com

From: Alfred M. Koone, Esq. <amke@nospam.com>
Full headers:
From: "Alfred M. Koone, Esq." <amke@nospam.com>
appearances
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 03:38:47 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,
alt.sports.football.pro.ariz-cardinals, alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
In article<ouvbce02gqp@news3.newsguy.com>
a425couple<a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Jets        4
>
> *Ravens        4
>
> Cowboys        5
>
> Packers        5
>
> Redskins        5
>
> Chiefs        6
>
> Titans        6
>
> Bears        7
>
> Bills        7
>
> Chargers        7
>
> Eagles        7
>
> Patriots        7
>
> Raiders        7
>
> 49ers        8
>
> Giants        8
>
> Steelers        8
>
> Cardinals        9
>
> Colts        9
>
> Rams        9
>
> Broncos        10
>
> Lions         10
>
> * Combined Baltimore Ravens/old Cleveland Browns
>
> SOURCES: Staff research, pro-football-reference.com

Vikings        3 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 24

Jets        4 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 39

*Ravens        4 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 46

Cowboys        5 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 23

Packers        5 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 29

Redskins        5 - Blue district, district vs state fiscal rank
- 2

Chiefs        6 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 32

Titans        6 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 23

Bears        7 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 49

Bills        7 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 39

Chargers        7 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 43

Eagles        7 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 45

Patriots        7 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 48

Raiders        7 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 43

49ers        8 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 43

Giants        8 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 39

Steelers        8 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 45

Cardinals        9 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 33

Colts        9 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 16

Rams        9 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 43

Broncos        10 - Blue state, state fiscal rank - 30

Lions         10 - Red state, state fiscal rank - 36

Top Five States

Florida, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming rank in
the top five states. Top-performing states tend to have higher
levels of cash, low unfunded pensions, and strong operating
positions.

Bottom Five States

Maryland, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Illinois, and New Jersey rank
in the bottom five states, largely a result of the low amounts
of cash they have on hand and their large debt obligations.
States that fail to address long-term drivers of debt and are
not prepared for recessions will continue to rank poorly.  They
are all historically run by Democrats.  Nancy Pelosi came from
Maryland.

Next <
From: Gary Rosen <garymrosen@comcast.net>
Full headers:
From: "Gary Rosen" <garymrosen@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers,alt.sports.football.pro.ariz-cardinals,alt.sports.football.pro.sea-seahawks
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 22:14:02 -0800
The 49ers also had 8 consecutive playoff appearances 1983-1990.
They had 16 consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins 1983-1998
and missed the playoffs only once in that time, 1991.