> Prev
From: thinbluemime2 <thinbluemime2@gmail.com>
Subject: Terry Gross - NPR - Bitcoin
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:01:58 -0800 (PST)
From: thinbluemime2@gmail.com
Once An Underground Currency, Bitcoin Emerges As 'A New Way To Track Information'
November 9, 2017 Terry Gross
https://www.npr.org/2017/11/09/563050434/once-an-underground-currenc...
https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2017/11/20171109_fa_01....

The digital currency's value has gone from zero to $120 billion in nine years. Digital Gold author
Nathaniel Popper says major banks are looking into the possibilities of its decentralized network.

TERRY GROSS, HOST:

This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. There's so much I have to learn each day in preparation for
interviews that when I don't absolutely have to know something, I sometimes give myself permission
not to learn about it. And that's been my attitude toward bitcoin until now. Or, to put it another
way, when both Bjork and Microsoft are accepting bitcoin, it's time.

So we're going to talk about what bitcoin is and how it's used in the underground and legit
marketplaces, how it's become a vehicle for investors and how big banks are starting to copy it.

My guest, Nathaniel Popper, is a technology reporter for The New York Times who's been covering
digital currency. A couple of years ago he wrote a book about bitcoin called "Digital Gold."
Nathaniel Popper, welcome to FRESH AIR.

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Subject: Re: Terry Gross - NPR - Bitcoin
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 20:06:38 -0500
thinbluemime2@gmail.com wrote:

>Once An Underground Currency, Bitcoin Emerges As 'A New Way To Track Information'
>November 9, 2017 Terry Gross
>https://www.npr.org/2017/11/09/563050434/once-an-underground-currenc...
>https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2017/11/20171109_fa_01....
>
>The digital currency's value has gone from zero to $120 billion in nine years. Digital Gold author
Nathaniel Popper says major banks are looking into the possibilities of its decentralized network.
>TERRY GROSS, HOST:
>This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. There's so much I have to learn each day in preparation for
interviews that when I don't absolutely have to know something, I sometimes give myself permission
not to learn about it
>So we're going to talk about what bitcoin is and how it's used in the underground and legit
marketplaces, how it's become a vehicle for investors and how big banks are starting to copy it.
>My guest, Nathaniel Popper, is a technology reporter for The New York Times who's been covering
digital currency. A couple of years ago he wrote a book about bitcoin called "Digital Gold."
Nathaniel Popper, welcome t

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

From: thinbluemime2 <thinbluemime2@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 18:51:23 -0800 (PST)
From: thinbluemime2@gmail.com
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:06:41 PM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
> thinbluemime2@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Once An Underground Currency, Bitcoin Emerges As 'A New Way To Track Information'
> >November 9, 2017 Terry Gross
>
>https://www.npr.org/2017/11/09/563050434/once-an-underground-currenc...
> >https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2017/11/20171109_fa_01....
> >
> >The digital currency's value has gone from zero to $120 billion in nine years. Digital Gold
author Nathaniel Popper says major banks are looking into the possibilities of its decentralized
network.
> >TERRY GROSS, HOST:
> >This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. There's so much I have to learn each day in preparation for
interviews that when I don't absolutely have to know something, I sometimes give myself permission
not to learn about it
> >So we're going to talk about what bitcoin is and how it's used in the underground and legit
marketplaces, how it's become a vehicle for investors and how big banks are starting to copy it.
> >My guest, Nathaniel Popper, is a technology reporter for The New York Times who's been covering
digital currency. A couple of years ago he wrote a book about bitcoin called "Digital Gold."
Nathaniel Popper, welcome t

> And you posted this off-topic article here because?

I pay my cable bill with bitcoins earned over the internet and a server farm.

What's in your wallet?

From: bruce2bowser <bruce2bowser@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:44:10 -0800 (PST)
From: bruce2bowser@gmail.com
Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Once An Underground Currency, Bitcoin Emerges As 'A New Way To Track Information'
> >November 9, 2017 Terry Gross
>
>https://www.npr.org/2017/11/09/563050434/once-an-underground-currenc...
> >https://ondemand.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/fa/2017/11/20171109_fa_01....
> >
> >The digital currency's value has gone from zero to $120 billion in nine years. Digital Gold
author Nathaniel Popper says major banks are looking into the possibilities of its decentralized
network.
> >TERRY GROSS, HOST:
> >This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. There's so much I have to learn each day in preparation for
interviews that when I don't absolutely have to know something, I sometimes give myself permission
not to learn about it
> >So we're going to talk about what bitcoin is and how it's used in the underground and legit
marketplaces, how it's become a vehicle for investors and how big banks are starting to copy it.
> >My guest, Nathaniel Popper, is a technology reporter for The New York Times who's been covering
digital currency. A couple of years ago he wrote a book about bitcoin called "Digital Gold."
Nathaniel Popper, welcome t

> And you posted this off-topic article here because?

It is on-topic because the NPR website has used TV footage.

From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:06:06 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
Seething hated of left-wing politicians and greedy bankers for a currency they can't control and
whose exchange generates no FEES or TAXES.  F--- them.

Next <
From: thinbluemime2 <thinbluemime2@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:18:36 -0800 (PST)
From: thinbluemime2@gmail.com
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 10:06:08 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> Seething hated of left-wing politicians and greedy bankers for a currency they can't control and
whose exchange generates no FEES or TAXES.  F--- them.

Yep. But there is even talk on Wall Street to find a similar method to track/account for stocks,
bonds and other securities, bypassing the stock exchange (and fees). Listen to the NPR podcast if
you haven't already, its short, concise and informative. This is Terry Gross at her informative
finest.