> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: Amazon's "Good Girls Revolt" seeing renewed interest in return
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 19:10:03 -0500
http://deadline.com/2017/11/good-girls-revolt-tv-series-season-2-co...

From: Breezy Kildare <dfager995@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:07:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Breezy Kildare <dfager995@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 4:10:06 PM UTC-8, David wrote:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/good-girls-revolt-tv-series-season-2-co...

> ‘Good Girls Revolt’ TV Series Eyes Season 2 Comeback As Its Relevance
> Rises
> by Nellie Andreeva
>
> Almost a year after it was canceled by Amazon after one season,
> feminist period drama Good Girls Revolt may be coming back. I hear
> Sony Pictures TV Studios, whose TriStar Television division produced
> the series, is preparing a pitch for a new season that would go out
> shortly.
>
> While Sony TV is known for going the extra mile on saving its shows,
> this time Good Girls Revolt is been resurrected by popular demand. The
> series, which tackles gender equality sexual discrimination in the
> workplace, emerged as an unlikely poster child in the current
> crackdown on sexual harassment in Hollywood, which started with the
> demise of Fox News’ Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly and switched into
> high gear with the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
>
> Good Girls Revolt had been canceled by discarded Amazon boss Roy
> Price. So when he was recently axed in the wake of the Harvey
> Weinstein exposes over accusations of sexual harassment toward a
> female producer, Good Girls Revolt started trending on social media.
> The series’ creator, Dana Calvo and stars were interviewed for
> stories, and a grassroots movement started to revive the show.
>
> The buzz reached TV and streaming networks, and I hear Sony TV started
> fielding incoming calls, with multiple outlets interested in picking
> up Good Girls Revolt

"renewed interest" ... ONLY by Amazon's Publicity Department Spin Meisters .... Why Parrot Amazon's
Lies?

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500
On 11/9/2017 7:10 PM, David wrote:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/good-girls-revolt-tv-series-season-2-co...

> ‘Good Girls Revolt’ TV Series Eyes Season 2 Comeback As Its Relevance
> Rises
> by Nellie Andreeva
>
> Almost a year after it was canceled by Amazon after one season,
> feminist period drama Good Girls Revolt may be coming back. I hear
> Sony Pictures TV Studios, whose TriStar Television division produced
> the series, is preparing a pitch for a new season that would go out
> shortly.
>
> While Sony TV is known for going the extra mile on saving its shows,
> this time Good Girls Revolt is been resurrected by popular demand. The
> series, which tackles gender equality sexual discrimination in the
> workplace, emerged as an unlikely poster child in the current
> crackdown on sexual harassment in Hollywood, which started with the
> demise of Fox News’ Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly and switched into
> high gear with the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
>
> Good Girls Revolt had been canceled by discarded Amazon boss Roy
> Price. So when he was recently axed in the wake of the Harvey
> Weinstein exposes over accusations of sexual harassment toward a
> female producer, Good Girls Revolt started trending on social media.
> The series’ creator, Dana Calvo and stars were interviewed for
> stories, and a grassroots movement started to revive the show.
>
> The buzz reached TV and streaming networks, and I hear Sony TV started
> fielding incoming calls, with multiple outlets interested in picking
> up Good Girls Revolt

When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.

From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 23:26:39 -0500
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
>worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
>by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
>actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
>into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
>cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
>and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.

Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
canceled that quickly.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500
On 11/9/2017 11:26 PM, David wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
>> worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
>> by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
>> actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
>> into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
>> cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
>> and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.
>
> Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
> That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
> canceled that quickly.

Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
aired.

From: Lauren Z <laurenz@zellners.com>
From: Lauren Z <laurenz@zellners.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:55:02 -0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500, Obveeus wrote:

> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...

Trying to compete with NBC, ABC, HBO, etc. with "wide audience" seems to
be counter to the idea of newer delivery systems ie: Amazon etc..

>or at least looking to axe
> a lot of underwatched shows).

But loyal viewers.

Again, this seems counter to your goals and the whole point of alternate
delivery v. traditional broadcast outlets and systems.

>  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
> season aired.

Big mistake. I loved that one.

>  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
> quick

As it should have! It never should have seen the light of day past the
pilot, which even that was crap.

> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.

I enjoyed it, and would certainly watch more. Though with the subject
matter doesn't this sort of limit you to where you go and for how long?
Since it is loosely based on actual events at some news magazine or
something.

> THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast

Another great show.

> CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
> aired.

Was this not just a "mini series/special event" thing, with only 6
episodes, anyway?

From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:47:14 -0500
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>On 11/9/2017 11:26 PM, David wrote:
>> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:07:28 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When I watched the pilot episode, it certainly looked like a series
>>> worth watching.  That being said, the high IMDB score (8.2) is reflected
>>> by a miniscule 3,492 votes...indicating little interest in the show
>>> actually existed.  The fact that the revival folks have spun the issue
>>> into one claiming that sexism at Amazon is the reason for the show's
>>> cancellation is silly.  The show was canceled due to lack of viewership
>>> and trying to claim otherwise is rather opportunistic dirty pool.
>>
>> Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
>> That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
>> canceled that quickly.
>
>Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
>time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
>wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
>a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
>season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
>quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
>as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
>aired.

Okay, true. But re-reading the article I don't think they're blaming
Roy Moore's issues, just making general "exec didn't like/support the
show" comments.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:54:10 -0500
On 11/10/2017 10:47 AM, David wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 23:38:46 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Amazon premiered it on October 28th and canceled it on December 2nd.
>>> That seems odd. I'm certain no other streaming show has ever been
>>> canceled that quickly.
>>
>> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
>> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
>> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
>> a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
>> season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
>> quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
>> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
>> aired.
>
> Okay, true. But re-reading the article I don't think they're blaming
> Roy Moore's issues,

Roy *Price* was the Amazon exec who was pushed out amid accusations of
harrassment and sexism and being friends with Weinstein and one of the
claims is that he didn't respect women so female led shows got canceled
unfairly...despite the actual track record of Amazon having lots of
female led shows.

Roy Moore is the crazy Alabama GOP politician accused of child rape by
multiple women and twice thrown off the Alabama supreme court...and
likely to win the Senate election there in a month or so.

> just making general "exec didn't like/support the
> show" comments.

....with implications that he didn't support the show (or Z: THE
BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING) because they were female oriented shows.  The
accusations seem pretty baseless.  there are other questionable events,
though, like his pushing forward with his girlfreind's show (Amazon
eventually denied his ability to approve the project, so it got picked
up by Weinstein).

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:02:36 -0500
On 11/10/2017 10:54 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 10:47 AM, David wrote:

>>> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
>>> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
>>> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
>>> a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
>>> season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
>>> quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
>>> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
>>> aired.
>>
>> Okay, true. But re-reading the article I don't think they're blaming
>> Roy Moore's issues,
>
> Roy *Price* was the Amazon exec who was pushed out amid accusations of
> harrassment and sexism and being friends with Weinstein and one of the
> claims is that he didn't respect women so female led shows got canceled
> unfairly...despite the actual track record of Amazon having lots of
> female led shows.
>
> Roy Moore is the crazy Alabama GOP politician accused of child rape by
> multiple women and twice thrown off the Alabama supreme court...and
> likely to win the Senate election there in a month or so.

Correction...not 'child rape', just 'child molestation'...by one girl.
The other three just say that he pursued relationships with them when
they were teenagers, but none of those pursuits went beyond kissing.

Next <
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:05:05 -0700
In article <ou4i31$scp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 10:47 AM, David wrote:

> >> Likely, that is simply a coincidence of timing as it was also around the
> >> time that Amazon started trying to change direction (looking to find
> >> wide audience shows rather than niche shows...or at least looking to axe
> >> a lot of underwatched shows).  HAND OF GOD was axed before the second
> >> season aired.  MAD DOGS got a fairly quick axe as well, though not as
> >> quick as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  THE LAST TYCOON was canceled just as fast
> >> as GOOD GIRLS REVOLT.  CRISIS IN SIX SCENES was canceled before it ever
> >> aired.
> >
> > Okay, true. But re-reading the article I don't think they're blaming
> > Roy Moore's issues,
>
> Roy *Price* was the Amazon exec who was pushed out amid accusations of
> harrassment and sexism and being friends with Weinstein and one of the
> claims is that he didn't respect women so female led shows got canceled
> unfairly...despite the actual track record of Amazon having lots of
> female led shows.
>
> Roy Moore is the crazy Alabama GOP politician accused of child rape by
> multiple women and twice thrown off the Alabama supreme court...and
> likely to win the Senate election there in a month or so.
>

> > just making general "exec didn't like/support the
> > show" comments.
>
> ...with implications that he didn't support the show (or Z: THE
> BEGINNING OF EVERYTHING) because they were female oriented shows.  The
> accusations seem pretty baseless.  there are other questionable events,
> though, like his pushing forward with his girlfreind's show (Amazon
> eventually denied his ability to approve the project, so it got picked
> up by Weinstein).

You'd think a casting couch guy would be *more* likely to approve female
led shows.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/