> Prev
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2017-11-09 (Thursday)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 07:00:38 -0500
The day my ac was replaced, I watched:

TJ HOOKER:
"Trackdown". Hooker tracks down a serial killer. Why is Detective
Pysches on again? Oh wait, it's Richard Hatch but I didn't recognize
him with all the mascara. Thanks officer Heather Locklear, for
convincing the other hostage to make a run for it, only to get tackled
ten feet away and shot in the uterus!

FAMILY GUY:
"And I'm Joyce Kinney".

FAMILY GUY:
"Friends of Peter G.".

THE ORVILLE:
"Cupid's Dagger". The Orville is called to mediate a peace treaty
between two warring cultures, but tensions run even higher between Ed
and Kelly when a familiar face boards the ship. Meanwhile Yaphit
declares his love for Dr. Finn with surprising results.

STRANGE EVIDENCE:
"Chasing Bigfoot". An eerie creature is recorded stalking Georgia's
ancient forest, and some believe it's Bigfoot. Terrifying explosions
rock the streets of Manhattan. Cameras record a mysterious object
diving into a deadly volcano, leaving experts stumped

What did you watch?

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2017-11-09 (Thursday)
From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:54:08 -0600
The Orville (Fox) -- Covered by Obv and others above. I liked it.

SWAT (CBS) -- This time SWAT is tasked with tracking down and catching
fugitives. Is this what SWAT does IRL?  I could see calling in SWAT
once a baddie is located. SWAT isn't even full-time for many forces,
is it? You have to love Hondo at the end standing on a foot pad on the
side of a chopper sniping a bad guy holding a hostage and then flying
home the same way standing on the pad. I'd get inside, and sit down,
and strap in, but maybe that's just me.

The squad has reservations about Jim Street as he isn't big on
following procedure. His jacket explains a lot about his life and why
he is how he is.

We also have Peter Onorati as a rival SWAT team leader. He's in his
60s. How likely is that?

Grey's Anatomy (ABC) -- The 300th episode. This one harkened back to
the original cast that used to pass through the hospital doors. This
opens with the new surgical interns bonding and griping in the same
place the interns always gather on Grey's. They take off running when
a trauma call comes. Mere, Jackson, Catherine, Maggie, and Zola are
about to leave the hospital to catch a private jet to the Harper Avery
awards (Mere is a candidate for her abdominal transplant on Owen's
sister) when a trauma involving a car detaching from a Russian coaster
arrives. The two trapped in the car resemble George and Christina in
all ways and manners and appearance. There's a pregnant third party
resembing Izzy. Jo plays along as Alex is fascinated. As it turns out
only Catherine and Jackson make the flight and the awards. After a
long surgery, Mere's met by Richard and Bailey and they watch a feed
of the Awards in the OR with the gallery above filled. Mere naturally
wins the award, visualizing her mother in the gallery.

Derek is referenced on multiple occasions. Amelia is concerned about a
head injury to one of the Three which Owen poo poos. Turns out she's
right and was glad Derek was in her head (That's how he died from a
delayed brain bleed). Christina and Burke are mentioned at the end and
Mere receives a call from Christina. We see Mark and Callie in
pictures and Sophia returns to live with Arizona.

It ends with Mere and Alex kicking the newbies out of their space in
order to drink some champaign.

---
http://www.avg.com

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:12:57 -0800
On 2017-11-10 18:54:08 +0000, icebreaker said:

> SWAT (CBS) -- This time SWAT is tasked with tracking down and catching
> fugitives...

I'll probably get to this this weekend - I'm still trying to determine
if this show is as bad as you think it is!...  ;p

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:09:55 -0600
icebreaker<icebreaker@nowhere.com> wrote:

> The Orville (Fox) -- Covered by Obv and others above. I liked it.
>
> SWAT (CBS) -- This time SWAT is tasked with tracking down and catching
> fugitives. Is this what SWAT does IRL?

No, no, no, and even more no!

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:19:56 -0500
icebreaker@nowhere.com wrote:

>SWAT (CBS) -- This time SWAT is tasked with tracking down and catching
>fugitives. Is this what SWAT does IRL?

No.

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

Next <
From: Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com>
Full headers:
From: nmassello@yahoo.com (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:48:19 -0700
icebreaker<icebreaker@nowhere.com> wrote:

> You have to love Hondo at the end standing on a foot pad on the
> side of a chopper sniping a bad guy holding a hostage and then flying
> home the same way standing on the pad. I'd get inside, and sit down,
> and strap in, but maybe that's just me.

That's why you don't have your own TV show. It is better to look good
than survive.