> Prev
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Today's premieres and other notes (Friday, Nov. 10)
Full headers:
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:11:01 -0500
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
Blazing Transfer Students        [new; complete season 1]        (3:01
am, Netflix)

Eight-episode, live-action adaptation of the Hono no Tenkosei manga.
Featuring the boys of Johnny's West, a gang of zany transfer students
are recruited for a mysterious mission ordained by their shadowy principal.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80175822

Dinotrux Supercharged        [new; complete season 1]        (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80171452

Glitter Force Doki Doki        (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80175619

The Killer [aka O Matador]        (movie)        (3:01 am, Netflix)

In lawless badlands, reclusive Cabeleira sets out to discover the fate
of his gunman father and grows to be a feared assassin himself. The
first Netflix original film produced in Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFfmYait6IY

https://www.netflix.com/title/80127990

Mea Culpa (Alexis de Anda)       (comedy special)      (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80183088

Lady Dynamite        (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)

The Maria Bamford series returns for a second season that includes guest
appearances from Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Jenny Slate, Judy Greer,
Jason Mantzoukas, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/lady-dynamite/season-2     [Metacritic
score 85]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBu9u9WSnU

https://www.netflix.com/title/80046193

Amazon comedy pilots: Sea Oak, The Climb, and Love You More
(3:01 am, Amazon Prime)

Marvel's Inhumans       (season 1 finale)       (9 pm, ABC)

Road Less Traveled       (movie)         (9 pm, CMT)

Lauren Alaina‘s new romantic comedy Road Less Traveled is coming to CMT.
Alaina’s acting debut has her playing the role of Charlotte, a
bride-to-be who struggles trying to find a balance between her upcoming
wedding with her songwriting career in Los Angeles. Charlotte returns to
her rural hometown of Harmony, TN, where she faces her past and
reconsiders her future, especially after a chance encounter with her
first love, Ray, played by Donny Boaz (Six, NCIS). Jason Burkey (The
Walking Dead) stars as Spencer, Charlotte’s fiancé, and Charlene Tilton
(Dallas, The Love Boat) appears as Babs, Charlotte’s eclectic aunt with
a passion for wine-making.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5990386/

http://www.cmt.com/news/1787435/watch-lauren-alaina-film-debut-on-c...

		Cable reality:

ToyMakerz      (season 2 premiere)        (8 pm, Velocity)

Extreme Cake Makers      [new]       (11 pm, Cooking Channel)

		Tomorrow's advance notes:

Obey Giant       (documentary)       (3:01 am, Hulu)

Obey Giant takes us deep into the underground world of street art,
profiling the rise of artist Shepard Fairey from his roots in punk rock
and skateboarding, to presidential politics­through his iconic Obama
“HOPE” poster and the controversy that surrounded it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVvyI7BdYw8

https://obeygiant.com/watch-obey-giant-hulu/

Dahmer on Dahmer: A Serial Killer Speaks      (documentary miniseries)
      (7-8 pm, Oxygen)

Concludes tomorrow at the same time.

http://www.oxygen.com/dahmer-on-dahmer-a-serial-killer-speaks/blogs...

http://www.oxygen.com/dahmer-on-dahmer-a-serial-killer-speaks

The Magical Wand Chase: A Sesame Street Special      (special)      (7
pm, HBO)

Kickoff to the 48th season of Sesame Street.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Magical_Wand_Chase

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/programming/sesame-street-kic...

Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime
Channel)

Tells the story of the sprint runner dubbed the “Blade Runner,” and his
rise to fame as a gold medalist Paralympic champion and as the first
double-leg amputee to participate in the Olympics. Oscar’s (Andreas
Damm, "Elementary") resilience to overcome his disability combined with
his apparent fairy tale relationship with model Reeva Steenkap (Toni
Garrn, "Under the Bed") turned him into a media favorite. This all
shattered one Valentine's Day night when four bullets were fired and
Reeva's life was taken. Her brutal death shocked the world and the court
room drama that followed consumed the news. "Oscar Pistorius: Blade
Runner Killer" provides an inside look at the events leading up to
Reeva's killing, the cracks that formed in the relationship between
Oscar and Reeva, as well as the courtroom drama that followed, revealing
what happened on that tragic night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7445510/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/oscar-pistorius-blade-runner-kille

The Sweetest Christmas      (movie)      (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

When struggling pastry chef Kylie Watson (Chabert) learns she’s made it
to the finals of the American Gingerbread Competition, she thinks her
competitive spirit has finally paid off and hopes the publicity will
help her jumpstart her new café. There’s just one problem — the oven
she’s supposed to use breaks down right before the contest. Determined
to enter, she reaches out to Nick Mazannti (Coco), her old boyfriend
from culinary school who gave up his dream of being a pastry chef to
take over his family’s pizzeria. Nick allows her to use his industrial
pizza oven at night to craft her ambitious gingerbread confections. As
the two reminisce about the dreams of their youth, their romance is
rekindled. But just as Kylie is on the cusp of taking the grand prize —
and embracing true love — things get complicated when her ex-boyfriend
takes drastic steps to win her back. Kylie realizes she must embrace the
Christmas Spirit or risk losing both the contest and her new love.
Starring Lacey Chabert, Lea Coco and Jonathan Adams.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7030432/

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-sweetest-christmas

The Warfighters       (season 1 conclusion)         (8 pm to midnight,
four episodes, History Channel)

HISTORY is honoring veterans with a special four-hour Veterans Day
marathon event of its original docuseries "The Warfighters" produced by
Peter Berg's Film 45. Driven by first-person accounts, the unnarrated
series chronicles recent U.S. Special Operations Forces missions in the
global war on terror as it gives viewers an inside and candid look at
the realities of war.

A Song for Christmas       (movie)        (9 pm, Hallmark M&M)

Pop superstar Adelaide Kay is so fed up with her controlling manager
that she sneaks off the tour bus after their latest squabble. Though
exhilarated to be free, she finds herself stranded in the freezing cold
of a Pennsylvania winter, with no money and no plan. A local family, the
Lapps, take her in. They know the true meaning of the season, even if
they’re close to losing their dairy farm. No one in the family
recognizes Adelaide except Dillon, the oldest son. He figures she’s the
ticket to fast cash and plots to snap photos of Adelaide around the farm
and sell them to the tabs. What he doesn’t plan, however, is their
mutual attraction. Starring Becca Tobin and Kevin McGarry.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6759380/

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/a-song-for-christmas

Cat vs. Dog       [new]          (10 pm, Animal Planet)

When cats and dogs live together under the same roof and chaos ensues,
lives can be turned upside down and households torn apart. In CAT VS.
DOG, cat expert Jackson Galaxy (My Cat from Hell) and dog expert/trainer
Zoe Sandor provide support, direction, key insight and much needed help
to families seeking to establish peace between dogs and cats in
turbulent homes.

--Robin

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Today's premieres and other notes (Friday, Nov. 10)
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 12:22:56 -0700
In article<f6mbu8F53kaU1@mid.individual.net>,
 Robin Miller<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> [...]
> they�e close to losing their dairy farm. No one in the family
> recognizes Adelaide except Dillon, the oldest son. He figures she� the
> ticket to fast cash and plots to snap photos of Adelaide around the farm
> and sell them to the tabs. What he doesn� plan, however, is their
> mutual attraction. Starring Becca Tobin and Kevin McGarry.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6759380/
>
> http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/a-song-for-christmas
>

> Cat vs. Dog       [new]          (10 pm, Animal Planet)
>
> When cats and dogs live together under the same roof and chaos ensues,
> lives can be turned upside down and households torn apart. In CAT VS.
> DOG, cat expert Jackson Galaxy (My Cat from Hell) and dog expert/trainer
> Zoe Sandor provide support, direction, key insight and much needed help
> to families seeking to establish peace between dogs and cats in

Guess I'll just be Inhuman tonight.  Thanks,> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:01:57 -0500
On 11/10/2017 2:11 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Blazing Transfer Students        [new; complete season 1]        (3:01
> am, Netflix)
>
> Eight-episode, live-action adaptation of the Hono no Tenkosei manga.
> Featuring the boys of Johnny's West, a gang of zany transfer students
> are recruited for a mysterious mission ordained by their shadowy principal.
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80175822

This one just screams out for Ian.

> Mea Culpa (Alexis de Anda)       (comedy special)      (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80183088

I'll try this.

> Amazon comedy pilots: Sea Oak, The Climb, and Love You More (3:01 am,
> Amazon Prime)

I wonder...are these dead shows walking (given that Amazon is changing
their style) or are these examples of the new style (widely watched
shows) that Amazon hopes to create.

In any case, Thanks for the reminder that Amazon pilot season still exists.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:54:02 -0500
On 11/10/2017 3:01 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 2:11 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> Amazon comedy pilots: Sea Oak, The Climb, and Love You More (3:01 am,
>> Amazon Prime)
>
> I wonder...are these dead shows walking (given that Amazon is changing
> their style) or are these examples of the new style (widely watched
> shows) that Amazon hopes to create.

I just answered my own question by watching one of the pilots...

OMG!!!!!

Spoiler below...
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
..
.
..
LOVE YOU MORE:  Bobcat Goldthwait is the director, but not on screen
talent.  Loni Anderson plays 'lonely old lady roommate'.  The series is
a comedy where most of the cast members have downs syndrome.  Sexual
harassment and gay bashing are covered topics.  The main character is a
large, promiscuous woman (played by Bridget Everett) leading a mundane
life.  Her best friend is gay.  Her guy of the day offers up the
episode's full frontal (prosthetic) nudity and fails to make sure she
swallows that morning after pill.  Her second guy of the day is
Australian and cannot act.  All of the above isn't even the best part,
though.  The best part is that in the middle of the episode there is a
musical number in which the lead character walks around a mall wearing
only a bra as a top and singing about the shape of all the other women's
breasts.  The whole thing has sort of a UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT feel
to it.  I'd watch more, but I am also quite sure that this isn't part of
Amazon's new direction towards wide audience programming.  If they are
serious about that quest, this show has absolutely NO shot at being
picked up to series.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:23:45 -0700
In article <ou53le$68i$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 3:01 PM, Obveeus wrote:
> >

> > On 11/10/2017 2:11 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> >>

> >> Amazon comedy pilots: Sea Oak, The Climb, and Love You More (3:01 am,
> >> Amazon Prime)
> >
> > I wonder...are these dead shows walking (given that Amazon is changing
> > their style) or are these examples of the new style (widely watched
> > shows) that Amazon hopes to create.
>
> I just answered my own question by watching one of the pilots...
>
> OMG!!!!!
>
> Spoiler below...
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> LOVE YOU MORE:  Bobcat Goldthwait is the director, but not on screen
> talent.  Loni Anderson plays 'lonely old lady roommate'.  The series is
> a comedy where most of the cast members have downs syndrome.  Sexual
> harassment and gay bashing are covered topics.  The main character is a
> large, promiscuous woman (played by Bridget Everett) leading a mundane
> life.  Her best friend is gay.  Her guy of the day offers up the
> episode's full frontal (prosthetic) nudity and fails to make sure she
> swallows that morning after pill.  Her second guy of the day is
> Australian and cannot act.  All of the above isn't even the best part,
> though.  The best part is that in the middle of the episode there is a
> musical number in which the lead character walks around a mall wearing
> only a bra as a top and singing about the shape of all the other women's
> breasts.  The whole thing has sort of a UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT feel
> to it.  I'd watch more, but I am also quite sure that this isn't part of
> Amazon's new direction towards wide audience programming.  If they are
> serious about that quest, this show has absolutely NO shot at being
> picked up to series.

Every time I'm ready to dump The Netflix for The Amazon, The Amazon does
something like this.

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:29:49 -0500
robin.miller@invalid.invalid wrote:

>Blazing Transfer Students   [new; complete season 1]     (3:01 am, Netflix)
>Dinotrux Supercharged       [new; complete season 1]     (3:01 am, Netflix)
>Glitter Force Doki Doki        (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)
>The Killer [aka O Matador]     (movie)                   (3:01 am, Netflix)
>Mea Culpa (Alexis de Anda)       (comedy special)        (3:01 am, Netflix)
>Lady Dynamite        (complete season 2)                 (3:01 am, Netflix)
>Amazon comedy pilots: Sea Oak, The Climb, and Love You More
>(3:01 am, Amazon Prime)
>Marvel's Inhumans       (season 1 finale)                (9 pm, ABC)
>Road Less Traveled             (movie)                   (9 pm, CMT)
>ToyMakerz               (season 2 premiere)              (8 pm, Velocity)
>Extreme Cake Makers      [new]                   (11 pm, Cooking Channel)

Looks like today is a good day to have a session with my PT...

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

Next <
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:30:14 -0500
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
In article<f6mbu8F53kaU1@mid.individual.net>, Robin Miller<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Lady Dynamite        (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> The Maria Bamford series returns for a second season that includes guest
> appearances from Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Jenny Slate, Judy Greer,
> Jason Mantzoukas, and "Weird Al" Yankovic.
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/lady-dynamite/season-2     [Metacritic
> score 85]
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBu9u9WSnU
>
> https://www.netflix.com/title/80046193

I recall a Lady Dynamite who traveled the minor-league ballpark
circuit.  She'd sit inside a big white box that her husband would blow
up with dynamite.

I would watch a show about that.  Not this.