> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: FX axes Louis C.K. deal, drops his producer credit from shows
Full headers:
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:56:36 -0500
Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions

Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
The Cops.

Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
has been professional. However, now is not the time for him to make
television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
process which he began today with his public statement.

FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we
can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe,
respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these
productions to ensure that was and is the case.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:21:32 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>
> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
> The Cops.
>
> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
> has been professional. However, now is not the time for him to make
> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
> process which he began today with his public statement.
>
> FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we
> can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe,
> respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these
> productions to ensure that was and is the case.

Since he confessed, at least there's something akin to due process here.

Louis C.K.'s statement:

--------
I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women
named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and
one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did
was O.K. because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first,
which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that
when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your
dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over
these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power
irresponsibly. I have been remorseful of my actions. And I’ve tried to
learn from them. And run from them. Now I’m aware of the extent of the
impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left
these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious
around other men who would never have put them in that position. I also
took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their
community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought
hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn’t
want to hear it. I didn’t think that I was doing any of that because my
position allowed me not to think about it. There is nothing about this
that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am.
Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with. I wish I had
reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a
man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I
admired their work.

The hardest regret to live with is what you’ve done to hurt someone
else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought
on them. I’d be remiss to exclude the hurt that I’ve brought on people
who I work with and have worked with who’s professional and personal
lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in
production: the cast and crew of Better Things, Baskets, The Cops, One
Mississippi, and I Love You, Daddy. I deeply regret that this has
brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to
mediate a situation that I caused. I’ve brought anguish and hardship to
the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance
on my movie. and every other entity that has bet on me through the
years. I’ve brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their
mother.

I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I
want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen. Thank you for
reading.
--------

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:27:56 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>
> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
> The Cops.

I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
lawsuit.

> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
> has been professional.

That has to be a lie.  There is no way to believe that 'everybody knew
he like to have people watch him whack off' and yet no one in charge had
any idea at all.

> However, now is not the time for him to make
> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
> process which he began today with his public statement.

Only one of the five women was truly in a work
situation/environment...the one who said yes.  The other situations were
people perhaps trying to gain favor with him so that they could gain
future work, but the lines are really blurred.

The moral of the story is:
1.  don't date coworkers...at all...ever...and I guess that is going to
be a tough lesson for much of America because there is a big percent of
the population that defines themselves by their job and cannot function
without that being part of the equation.

> FX Networks and FX Productions remain committed to doing everything we
> can to ensure that all people work in an environment that is safe,
> respectful and fair, and we will continue our review of all of these
> productions to ensure that was and is the case.

'All people' would have to include the guy who helped make the 4 TV
series he just got stripped from.  Unless they paid him off (and they
think that advanced compensation to remove his name from the credits
counts as him not being compensated) I have no idea how they won't end
up in a lawsuit.

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 18:51:58 -0600
Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
>> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>>
>> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
>> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
>> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
>> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
>> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
>> The Cops.
>
> I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
> credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
> lawsuit.
>
>> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
>> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
>> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
>> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
>> has been professional.
>
> That has to be a lie.  There is no way to believe that 'everybody knew
> he like to have people watch him whack off' and yet no one in charge had
> any idea at all.
>

>> However, now is not the time for him to make
>> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
>> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
>> process which he began today with his public statement.
>
> Only one of the five women was truly in a work
> situation/environment...the one who said yes.  The other situations were
> people perhaps trying to gain favor with him so that they could gain
> future work, but the lines are really blurred.
>
> The moral of the story is:
> 1.  don't date coworkers...at all...ever...and I guess that is going to
> be a tough lesson for much of America because there is a big percent of
> the population that defines themselves by their job and cannot function
> without that being part of the equation.

Apparently you can't date anyone, ever, because a lot of these accusers
aren't (or weren't) co-workers when this stuff supposedly happened.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 06:51:55 -0600
On 11/10/17 6:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
>>> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>>>
>>> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
>>> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
>>> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
>>> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
>>> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
>>> The Cops.
>>
>> I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
>> credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
>> lawsuit.
>>
>>> Louis has now confirmed the truth of the reports relating to the five
>>> women victimized by his misconduct, which we were unaware of
>>> previously. As far as we know, his behavior over the past 8 years on
>>> all five series he has produced for FX Networks and/or FX Productions
>>> has been professional.
>>
>> That has to be a lie.  There is no way to believe that 'everybody knew
>> he like to have people watch him whack off' and yet no one in charge had
>> any idea at all.
>>

>>> However, now is not the time for him to make
>>> television shows. Now is the time for him to honestly address the
>>> women who have come forth to speak about their painful experiences, a
>>> process which he began today with his public statement.
>>
>> Only one of the five women was truly in a work
>> situation/environment...the one who said yes.  The other situations were
>> people perhaps trying to gain favor with him so that they could gain
>> future work, but the lines are really blurred.
>>
>> The moral of the story is:
>> 1.  don't date coworkers...at all...ever...and I guess that is going to
>> be a tough lesson for much of America because there is a big percent of
>> the population that defines themselves by their job and cannot function
>> without that being part of the equation.
>
> Apparently you can't date anyone, ever, because a lot of these accusers
> aren't (or weren't) co-workers when this stuff supposedly happened.

This must happen to you often because you're such a douchebag.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:55:36 -0700
In article <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
> > Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
> >
> > Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
> > Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
> > and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
> > executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
> > were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
> > The Cops.
>
> I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
> credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
> lawsuit.

At so many levels, including the cannon fodder grunts.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 00:32:26 -0500
On 11/10/2017 9:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 11/10/2017 4:56 PM, David wrote:
>>> Statement by FX Networks and FX Productions
>>>
>>> Today, FX Networks and FX Productions are ending our association with
>>> Louis C.K. We are cancelling the overall deal between FX Productions
>>> and his production company, Pig Newton. He will no longer serve as
>>> executive producer or receive compensation on any of the four shows we
>>> were producing with him - Better Things, Baskets, One Mississippi and
>>> The Cops.
>>
>> I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
>> credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
>> lawsuit.
>
> At so many levels, including the cannon fodder grunts.

As a partial answer to how Hollywood attempts to handle extricating an
unwanted owner of a product, there is this:

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-a...

QUOTE:
Ratner's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce
'Wonder Woman' as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The
movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner's
company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider
explained, 'Brett made a lot of money from the success of 'Wonder
Woman,' thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now
Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys
Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
:UNQUOTE

So, to be clear, the thought here is to pay Brett Ratner a huge sum of
money upfront in order to buy him out of his contract, thus denying him
the ability to profit from the project.  This could be exactly how they
got Louis C.K.'s name off of the projects he owns.  Sure, they can claim
he will never profit from any of them from this point forward...but only
because they handed him a similar sum of money up front.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 22:51:04 -0700
In article <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 9:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I'm still unclear on how a studio would be allowed to drop someone's
> >> credit and deny them compensation on contracted work.  This just screams
> >> lawsuit.
> >
> > At so many levels, including the cannon fodder grunts.
>
> As a partial answer to how Hollywood attempts to handle extricating an
> unwanted owner of a product, there is this:
>
> https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-a...
> ett-ratner-is-out/
>
> QUOTE:
> Ratner's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce
> 'Wonder Woman' as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The
> movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner's
> company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider
> explained, 'Brett made a lot of money from the success of 'Wonder
> Woman,' thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now
> Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys
> Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
> :UNQUOTE
>
> So, to be clear, the thought here is to pay Brett Ratner a huge sum of
> money upfront in order to buy him out of his contract, thus denying him
> the ability to profit from the project.  This could be exactly how they
> got Louis C.K.'s name off of the projects he owns.  Sure, they can claim
> he will never profit from any of them from this point forward...but only
> because they handed him a similar sum of money up front.

I hope they fire her and recast.

They've been trying to get Jon Peters out of the loop on the SUPERMAN
movies for decades and haven't managed yet.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 00:56:17 -0500
On 11/12/2017 12:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2017 9:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> At so many levels, including the cannon fodder grunts.
>>
>> As a partial answer to how Hollywood attempts to handle extricating an
>> unwanted owner of a product, there is this:
>>
>> https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-a...
>> ett-ratner-is-out/
>>
>> QUOTE:
>> Ratner's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce
>> 'Wonder Woman' as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The
>> movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner's
>> company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider
>> explained, 'Brett made a lot of money from the success of 'Wonder
>> Woman,' thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now
>> Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys
>> Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
>> :UNQUOTE
>>
>> So, to be clear, the thought here is to pay Brett Ratner a huge sum of
>> money upfront in order to buy him out of his contract, thus denying him
>> the ability to profit from the project.  This could be exactly how they
>> got Louis C.K.'s name off of the projects he owns.  Sure, they can claim
>> he will never profit from any of them from this point forward...but only
>> because they handed him a similar sum of money up front.
>
> I hope they fire her and recast.

Her who?  Gal Gadot?

> They've been trying to get Jon Peters out of the loop on the SUPERMAN
> movies for decades and haven't managed yet.

I thought that Superman was dead.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:07:49 -0700
In article <ou8npv$cuv$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/12/2017 12:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> As a partial answer to how Hollywood attempts to handle extricating an
> >> unwanted owner of a product, there is this:
> >>
> >> https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-a...
> >> -br
> >> ett-ratner-is-out/
> >>
> >> QUOTE:
> >> Ratner's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce
> >> 'Wonder Woman' as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The
> >> movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner's
> >> company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider
> >> explained, 'Brett made a lot of money from the success of 'Wonder
> >> Woman,' thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now
> >> Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys
> >> Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
> >> :UNQUOTE
> >>
> >> So, to be clear, the thought here is to pay Brett Ratner a huge sum of
> >> money upfront in order to buy him out of his contract, thus denying him
> >> the ability to profit from the project.  This could be exactly how they
> >> got Louis C.K.'s name off of the projects he owns.  Sure, they can claim
> >> he will never profit from any of them from this point forward...but only
> >> because they handed him a similar sum of money up front.
> >
> > I hope they fire her and recast.
>
> Her who?  Gal Gadot?

Yes.  For her to make an insane demand like that, especially based on
accusations, means she needs to be slapped down and hard.  Buying him
out of his contract?  He's got to agree, and it would probably take
hundreds of millions of dollars - gee, let's punish him by giving him a
fortune without any gamble on the next film.  A film that may or may not
be made depending on Gadot's next insane demand, or illness or pregnancy
or auto wreck.

> > They've been trying to get Jon Peters out of the loop on the SUPERMAN
> > movies for decades and haven't managed yet.
>
> I thought that Superman was dead.

The giant spiders got him.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 14:43:39 -0500
On 11/12/2017 12:07 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou8npv$cuv$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/12/2017 12:51 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I hope they fire her and recast.
>>
>> Her who?  Gal Gadot?
>
> Yes.  For her to make an insane demand like that, especially based on
> accusations,

Accusations of forced sex...much more severe accusations than the ones
that have brought down a bunch of other guys, including Spacey and Louis
C.K.

Accusations from people who are now very famous such as Olivia Munn and
Natasha Henstridge.

> means she needs to be slapped down and hard.  Buying him
> out of his contract?  He's got to agree, and it would probably take
> hundreds of millions of dollars - gee, let's punish him by giving him a
> fortune without any gamble on the next film.

Yep...the irony of 'punishing' people by making them rich without risk.
Every day Hollywood reveals itself to be more and more like corporate
America in that regard, where people at the top regularly lose their way
into multi-million dollar golden parachutes like this.

> A film that may or may not
> be made depending on Gadot's next insane demand, or illness or pregnancy
> or auto wreck.

The studio's big mistake was in not managing to extend Gal Gadot's
contract sooner.  The 3 film deal was largely wasted with the BATMAN VS.
SUPERMAN intro and now she is in very high demand and no contract as
JUSTICE LEAGUE fulfills her 3rd film.

>>> They've been trying to get Jon Peters out of the loop on the SUPERMAN
>>> movies for decades and haven't managed yet.
>>
>> I thought that Superman was dead.
>
> The giant spiders got him.

I thought he was killed by a bat.

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Full headers:
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:14:06 -0800
On 11/12/2017 11:43 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/12/2017 12:07 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> In article <ou8npv$cuv$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Her who?  Gal Gadot?
>>
>> Yes.  For her to make an insane demand like that, especially based on
>> accusations,
>
> Accusations of forced sex...much more severe accusations than the ones
> that have brought down a bunch of other guys, including Spacey and Louis
> C.K.
>
> Accusations from people who are now very famous such as Olivia Munn and
> Natasha Henstridge.
>
>> means she needs to be slapped down and hard.  Buying him
>> out of his contract?  He's got to agree, and it would probably take
>> hundreds of millions of dollars - gee, let's punish him by giving him a
>> fortune without any gamble on the next film.
>
> Yep...the irony of 'punishing' people by making them rich without risk.
> Every day Hollywood reveals itself to be more and more like corporate
> America in that regard, where people at the top regularly lose their way
> into multi-million dollar golden parachutes like this.

Where did you get the impression that Hollywood _wasn't_ a part of
corporate America?

instinct are running screaming.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 16:51:16 -0500
On 11/12/2017 4:14 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 11/12/2017 11:43 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 11/12/2017 12:07 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> Yes.  For her to make an insane demand like that, especially based on
>>> accusations,
>>
>> Accusations of forced sex...much more severe accusations than the ones
>> that have brought down a bunch of other guys, including Spacey and
>> Louis C.K.
>>
>> Accusations from people who are now very famous such as Olivia Munn
>> and Natasha Henstridge.
>>
>>> means she needs to be slapped down and hard.  Buying him
>>> out of his contract?  He's got to agree, and it would probably take
>>> hundreds of millions of dollars - gee, let's punish him by giving him a
>>> fortune without any gamble on the next film.
>>
>> Yep...the irony of 'punishing' people by making them rich without
>> risk. Every day Hollywood reveals itself to be more and more like
>> corporate America in that regard, where people at the top regularly
>> lose their way into multi-million dollar golden parachutes like this.
>>
> Where did you get the impression that Hollywood _wasn't_ a part of
> corporate America?

My point was more along the lines of:  Hollywood is one of those places
where the system is portrayed as 'make stuff people want and you get
rich'...not a place where you get rich for doing nothing other than
failing and going away (an all too frequent method of corporate
'success' in the rest of the big business world).

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:24:37 -0800
On 11/12/2017 1:51 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/12/2017 4:14 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Accusations of forced sex...much more severe accusations than the
>>> ones that have brought down a bunch of other guys, including Spacey
>>> and Louis C.K.
>>>
>>> Accusations from people who are now very famous such as Olivia Munn
>>> and Natasha Henstridge.

>>> Yep...the irony of 'punishing' people by making them rich without
>>> risk. Every day Hollywood reveals itself to be more and more like
>>> corporate America in that regard, where people at the top regularly
>>> lose their way into multi-million dollar golden parachutes like this.
>>>
>> Where did you get the impression that Hollywood _wasn't_ a part of
>> corporate America?
>
> My point was more along the lines of:  Hollywood is one of those places
> where the system is portrayed as 'make stuff people want and you get
> rich'...not a place where you get rich for doing nothing other than
> failing and going away (an all too frequent method of corporate
> 'success' in the rest of the big business world).

Key phrase there, "system is portrayed".  Corporate America always tries
to portray itself as following the Make Wanted Stuff & Get Rich model
and always has.

instinct are running screaming.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 06:37:32 -0600
On 11/11/17 11:51 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/2017 9:55 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> At so many levels, including the cannon fodder grunts.
>>
>> As a partial answer to how Hollywood attempts to handle extricating an
>> unwanted owner of a product, there is this:
>>
>> https://pagesix.com/2017/11/11/gal-gadot-will-only-be-wonder-woman-a...
>> ett-ratner-is-out/
>>
>> QUOTE:
>> Ratner's production company RatPac-Dune Entertainment helped produce
>> 'Wonder Woman' as part of its co-financing deal with Warner Bros. The
>> movie has grossed more than $400 million internationally, and Ratner's
>> company will take a healthy share of the profits. A Warner Bros. insider
>> explained, 'Brett made a lot of money from the success of 'Wonder
>> Woman,' thanks to his company having helped finance the first movie. Now
>> Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros. buys
>> Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
>> :UNQUOTE
>>
>> So, to be clear, the thought here is to pay Brett Ratner a huge sum of
>> money upfront in order to buy him out of his contract, thus denying him
>> the ability to profit from the project.  This could be exactly how they
>> got Louis C.K.'s name off of the projects he owns.  Sure, they can claim
>> he will never profit from any of them from this point forward...but only
>> because they handed him a similar sum of money up front.
>
> I hope they fire her and recast.

With a strapping young man?

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:26:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> anim8rfsk
> > Obveeus
> >
> > Now Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros.
> > buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
>
> I hope they fire her and recast.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t?  It’s a superhero flick where it doesn’t really
matter who is playing the character, as it’s the character that’s important.

Why blow a ton of money because Gadot is making a stink, when there are
thousands of actresses in Hollywood who could walk right into the role?

Do they honestly think nobody would go see the next movie if Wonder Woman
was played by a different actress?

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:31:36 -0500
On 11/12/2017 10:26 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> anim8rfsk
>>> Obveeus
>>>
>>> Now Gadot is saying she won't sign for the sequel unless Warner Bros.
>>> buys Brett out [of his financing deal] and gets rid of him.'
>>
>> I hope they fire her and recast.
>
> I don’t know why they wouldn’t?  It’s a superhero flick where it doesn’t really
> matter who is playing the character, as it’s the character that’s important.
>
> Why blow a ton of money because Gadot is making a stink, when there are
> thousands of actresses in Hollywood who could walk right into the role?
>
> Do they honestly think nobody would go see the next movie if Wonder Woman
> was played by a different actress?

She has leverage because of the headlines she could generate if fired.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:58:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Do they honestly think nobody would go see the next movie if Wonder Woman
> > was played by a different actress?
>
> She has leverage because of the headlines she could generate if fired.

And people would still go see the movie, in fact probably _more_ people would
go see it after hearing of the controversy.

I think Hollywood has been bamboozled by it’s own marketing, believing that
X actor/actress is the key to a movie’s success when it’s the franchise that
people are going to the theater for.

Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and yet
people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is playing the
character.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 11:13:30 -0500
On 11/12/2017 10:58 AM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> Do they honestly think nobody would go see the next movie if Wonder Woman
>>> was played by a different actress?
>>
>> She has leverage because of the headlines she could generate if fired.
>
> And people would still go see the movie, in fact probably _more_ people would
> go see it after hearing of the controversy.
>
> I think Hollywood has been bamboozled by it’s own marketing, believing that
> X actor/actress is the key to a movie’s success when it’s the franchise that
> people are going to the theater for.
>
> Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and yet
> people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is playing the
> character.

It's not about her fledgling popularity, it's about a headline like
"Warner Bros. Fires Harassment Whistleblower".  Women will keep their
men home, and men will stay there because who cares about Brett Ratner?

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 10:01:52 -0700
In article<21d77b4a-eb1c-413c-afa5-d89845bb66a3@googlegroups.com>,
 Ed Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:

> > moviePig
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > Do they honestly think nobody would go see the next movie if Wonder Woman
> > > was played by a different actress?
> >
> > She has leverage because of the headlines she could generate if fired.
>
> And people would still go see the movie, in fact probably _more_ people would
> go see it after hearing of the controversy.
>
> I think Hollywood has been bamboozled by it’s own marketing, believing that
> X actor/actress is the key to a movie’s success when it’s the franchise that
> people are going to the theater for.
>
> Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and yet
> people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is playing the
> character.

Even though the actor choices keep getting worse and worse!

From: batman@gotham.pa.us <batman@invalid.com>
From: "batman@gotham.pa.us" <batman@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 17:31:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:58:59 -0800, Ed Stasiak wrote:

> And people would still go see the movie, in fact probably _more_ people
> would go see it after hearing of the controversy.

I would give this to you in the category of there is no bad PR.

> I think Hollywood has been bamboozled by it’s own marketing, believing
> that X actor/actress is the key to a movie’s success when it’s the
> franchise that people are going to the theater for.

Sorry, but no. Afraid I won't agree with this.

Wonder Woman has always, ALWAYS been Lynda Carter.

I've only relented a little for the "NEW" Wonder Woman due to Gadot.

No Gadot, don't bother.

> Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and
> yet people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is
> playing the character.

Afraid, no points here. Batman is (err, was) Adam West. I've not watched
anything since, and really have no intention of doing so.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <5a0869fa$0$18119$b1db1813$e2fc663e@news.astraweb.com> <21d77b4a-eb1c-413c-afa5-d89845bb66a3@googlegroups.com> <oua0h4$193u$1@gioia.aioe.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:11:10 -0700
In article <oua0h4$193u$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
 "batman@gotham.pa.us"<batman@invalid.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:58:59 -0800, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>
> > And people would still go see the movie, in fact probably _more_ people
> > would go see it after hearing of the controversy.
>
> I would give this to you in the category of there is no bad PR.
>
> > I think Hollywood has been bamboozled by it’s own marketing, believing
> > that X actor/actress is the key to a movie’s success when it’s the
> > franchise that people are going to the theater for.
>
> Sorry, but no. Afraid I won't agree with this.
>
> Wonder Woman has always, ALWAYS been Lynda Carter.

You misspelled "Cathy Lee Crosby"

From: batman@gotham.pa.us <batman@invalid.com>
From: "batman@gotham.pa.us" <batman@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 22:47:09 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:11:10 -0700, anim8rfsk wrote:

> You misspelled "Cathy Lee Crosby"

Nobody watched that, and the only thing if you ask about Wonder Woman, is
Lynda Carter.

Hence why it was redone to start, it was terrible.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <5a0869fa$0$18119$b1db1813$e2fc663e@news.astraweb.com> <21d77b4a-eb1c-413c-afa5-d89845bb66a3@googlegroups.com> <oua0h4$193u$1@gioia.aioe.org> <anim8rfsk-57D478.12111012112017@news.easynews.com> <ouaj1c$193u$2@gioia.aioe.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:57:43 -0700
In article <ouaj1c$193u$2@gioia.aioe.org>,
 "batman@gotham.pa.us"<batman@invalid.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 12:11:10 -0700, anim8rfsk wrote:
>
> > You misspelled "Cathy Lee Crosby"
>
> Nobody watched that, and the only thing if you ask about Wonder Woman, is
> Lynda Carter.
>
> Hence why it was redone to start, it was terrible.

It was better than second season Wonder Woman when she moved to the
future.

--

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 13:27:13 -0600
batman@gotham.pa.us <batman@invalid.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 07:58:59 -0800, Ed Stasiak wrote:

>> Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and
>> yet people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is
>> playing the character.
>
> Afraid, no points here. Batman is (err, was) Adam West. I've not watched
> anything since, and really have no intention of doing so.

But plenty of people have watched. Your absence has not been missed at the
box office

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:21:56 -0500

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:35:55 -0500

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 18:18:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> FPP
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Batman has been played by a dozen different actors over the years and yet
> > people keep coming to see the latest flick regardless of who is playing the
> > character.
>
> Batman and Robin cost $125,000,000 to make.  People did not flock to see it.

Not because Clooney took over from Val Kilmer as Batman.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 04:06:01 -0500
<ouaah4$b1$3@dont-email.me> <ouabbc$avg$1@dont-email.me>
<70de7e7a-2505-4fe0-9438-8f7c0a719655@googlegroups.com>

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:21:06 -0500

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 18:02:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> FPP
> > Ed Stasiak
> > > anim8rfsk
> > >
> > > I hope they fire her and recast.
> >
> > I don’t know why they wouldn’t?  It’s a superhero flick where it doesn’t really
> > matter who is playing the character, as it’s the character that’s important.
>
> DC finally makes a wildly popular and lucrative movie based solely on
> the main character

Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went to see
the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she got the part.

We’re not talking about Robert Downey Jr here and even if he left, people
would still go see Iron Man flicks.

> and you THINK they're going to abandon the actress just so they can keep
> a predator on the payroll?

If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a bazillion dollars,
I know what I’d do.

If DC held an audition tomorrow, they could get 100 actress who are not only
hotter and better actresses then Gal Gadot but get them for much cheeper
then her, especially now that her 3-movie deal is over.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 22:36:50 -0500
On 11/12/2017 9:02 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> FPP
>>> Ed Stasiak

>>> I don’t know why they wouldn’t?  It’s a superhero flick where it doesn’t really
>>> matter who is playing the character, as it’s the character that’s important.
>>
>> DC finally makes a wildly popular and lucrative movie based solely on
>> the main character
>
> Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went to see
> the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she got the part.
>
> We’re not talking about Robert Downey Jr here and even if he left, people
> would still go see Iron Man flicks.
>
>> and you THINK they're going to abandon the actress just so they can keep
>> a predator on the payroll?
>
> If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a bazillion dollars,
> I know what I’d do.
>
> If DC held an audition tomorrow, they could get 100 actress who are not only
> hotter and better actresses then Gal Gadot but get them for much cheeper
> then her, especially now that her 3-movie deal is over.

If their projected female star plausibly names a sexual predator
*anywhere* in the crew, they have no practical choice but to accede to
her demand to suspend/remove him.

(Well, I suppose they could mount a high-speed investigation of some
sort.  It may be telling that *nobody* seems to be calling for that...)

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 19:56:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> moviePig
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a bazillion
> > dollars, I know what I’d do.
>
> If their projected female star plausibly names a sexual predator
> *anywhere* in the crew, they have no practical choice but to accede to
> her demand to suspend/remove him.

Is Gal Gadot saying Ratner sexually harassed her?

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <ouaafi$b1$2@dont-email.me> <c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com> <5a091354$0$47932$b1db1813$f6a1207f@news.astraweb.com> <5e126f7a-3b86-4311-a517-659defc5366a@googlegroups.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:45:51 -0700
In article<5e126f7a-3b86-4311-a517-659defc5366a@googlegroups.com>,
 Ed Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:

> > moviePig
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a bazillion
> > > dollars, I know what I’d do.
> >
> > If their projected female star plausibly names a sexual predator
> > *anywhere* in the crew, they have no practical choice but to accede to
> > her demand to suspend/remove him.
>
> Is Gal Gadot saying Ratner sexually harassed her?

No.  That would be different.  She's saying she won't work with anybody
that has an unproven allegation (made by somebody else) against him.
I'm saying replace her.

You can't *possibly* do business with her after setting that precedent.

From: batman@gotham.pa.us <batman@invalid.com>
Full headers:
From: "batman@gotham.pa.us" <batman@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:47:29 +0000 (UTC)
<anim8rfsk-9541C2.21455112112017@news.easynews.com>
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:45:51 -0700, anim8rfsk wrote:

> No.  That would be different.  She's saying she won't work with anybody
> that has an unproven allegation (made by somebody else) against him. I'm
> saying replace her.
>
> You can't *possibly* do business with her after setting that precedent.

Changing, recasting, Gadot, would kill Wonder Woman. If it was just the
bit parts in those other movies, no big deal.

As Wonder Woman, it is a problem. I posted before, no Gadot, no Wonder
Woman. I wouldn't view any new releases. You've imprinted Gadot on my
memory as Wonder Woman for that movie, and its sequels.

The current witch hunt, and that is what this is, is just out of control.

Some of these probably are valid, and constitute such egregious if not
criminal behavior. I think there is a lot of piling on to the situation.
Wherein guy asks girl out, gets those girlspeak answers, "Maybe some
other time." Well, hint, guys don't translate that into No. That is a
maybe, possibly yes. So guy asks a few more times. When girl continues to
use girlspeak, versus "No, I am not interested!" This leads to "He
harassed me!" or something worse, ie the present mess. I didn't say that
there were not some valid claims here, but the signal to noise ratio on
this mess, is very noisy, and getting nosier. It is to the point of
pretty much keeping a 5-10 foot distance from any woman, don't look at
them, don't speak to them.

Gadot is welcome to say that she won't work with x for y. For what ever
reason(s) that may be.  Now, whether the employer aka studio/production
company goes along with those demands, is another matter. If you are
making a claim that x did some a,b,c things, with out proof of said
claims. Then I will tell you no, and you can walk. File for breach of
contract, and see you in court! In this situation if the claims are
proven to a level sufficient for a court, not just some bunch of HR BS,
then fine. I would send the offender off and move on.

I don't know the ins or outs of what Gadot is claiming, and honestly
don't really care either. This situation,the whole mess, not just what
ever Gadot is whining about,  has long festered and at this point, trying
to act all indignant and righteous over it, is too much, too late.

Either go to local law enforcement, DA, or civil court and file charges
or suit, or shut up!  Oh he looked at me for too long 30 years ago when I
was 14!  Oh good grief! Well take a hot poker and gouge out his eyes!
Have we really come this full circle on this mess? At this rate we will
have to put every school kid in a "privacy safety pod" just to send them
to school!

Good grief!

Winter truly has arrived with all the snowflakes of the world!

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 09:40:12 -0500
On 11/12/2017 10:56 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> moviePig
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a bazillion
>>> dollars, I know what I’d do.
>>
>> If their projected female star plausibly names a sexual predator
>> *anywhere* in the crew, they have no practical choice but to accede to
>> her demand to suspend/remove him.
>
> Is Gal Gadot saying Ratner sexually harassed her?

I don't think so.  But I do know that his name's out there in the
probable-predator column, which so far seems to have a pretty good
correspondence to fact.  Yeah, it smacks of "guilty till proven
innocent".  But we're in the court of public opinion, not of law.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Full headers:
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:07:17 -0500
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
In article<c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com>, Ed
Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:

> > FPP
> > > Ed Stasiak

> > > I don’t know why they wouldn’t?  It’s a superhero flick where it doesn’t
> > > really
> > > matter who is playing the character, as it’s the character that’s
> > > important.
> >
> > DC finally makes a wildly popular and lucrative movie based solely on
> > the main character
>
> Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went to see
> the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she got the part.

She's no longer a nobody, of course.

And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?

> We’re not talking about Robert Downey Jr here and even if he left, people
> would still go see Iron Man flicks.
>
> > and you THINK they're going to abandon the actress just so they can keep
> > a predator on the payroll?
>
> If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a
> bazillion dollars, I know what I’d do.

They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
"Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
Just don't make a fuss now."

And he won't make a fuss.  He'll just buy a 2022 calendar and start
marking off the days.

> If DC held an audition tomorrow, they could get 100 actress who are not only
> hotter and better actresses then Gal Gadot but get them for much cheeper
> then her, especially now that her 3-movie deal is over.

If there'd been a pool of 100 actresses hotter and better than Gal
Gadot, one of them would have been hired in the first place.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:27:58 -0500
On 11/12/2017 11:07 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article<c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com>, Ed
> Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:
>
>>> FPP

>>> DC finally makes a wildly popular and lucrative movie based solely on
>>> the main character
>>
>> Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went to see
>> the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she got the part.
>
> She's no longer a nobody, of course.
>
> And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
> regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?

Ed seems rather clueless if he actually believes that Gal Gadot is
easily replaceable at this point in the WONDER WOMAN phenomena.

>> We’re not talking about Robert Downey Jr here and even if he left, people
>> would still go see Iron Man flicks.
>>
>>> and you THINK they're going to abandon the actress just so they can keep
>>> a predator on the payroll?
>>
>> If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a
>> bazillion dollars, I know what I’d do.
>
> They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
> "Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
> Just don't make a fuss now."
>
> And he won't make a fuss.  He'll just buy a 2022 calendar and start
> marking off the days.

I think that they will give him a big pile of money to go away...and
he'll still be back in 2022.

From: batman@gotham.pa.us <batman@invalid.com>
Full headers:
From: "batman@gotham.pa.us" <batman@invalid.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:22:45 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:27:58 -0500, Obveeus wrote:

> Ed seems rather clueless if he actually believes that Gal Gadot is
> easily replaceable at this point in the WONDER WOMAN phenomena.

I think there are reasons, that he doesn't like Gadot which is why he
thinks she should be replaced.

I get that, if they had done the other Wonder Woman with Paleki, which
was TV if I remember. I get why it failed to get to air. Paleki and the
horrid costuming, at least the ones leaked,err released.

If you think that Wonder Woman was a success as "Wonder Woman" and not as
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, you are wrong. That success is as tied to Gadot
as the legacy of the character of Wonder Woman.

The original show, was a success due to Carter, not Wonder Woman, but
Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. A previous attempt was done, and failed,
horribly. Had there been a recasting after the first season, I doubt it
lasted very long. The original was already on the line/bubble as it were
to start, but a cast change would have sunk it completely. I personally
preferred the period setting, as it would be more true to the comics, but
I can live with it. You gotta love that theme music. It is as iconic as
Hawaii Five-O's! Along with Elizabeth Logue.

Cast changes were done on some long running shows, like MASH, but these
were cast changes due to characters either dying or going home. New
actors came into play new characters. I don't think you could come in and
say "OK, recast Col. Blake, with x." And it work.

Loretta Swift, while not my cup tea, was a good choice to play Sally
Kellermans (also not my cup of tea) character of Hot Lips Houlihan. Why?
Look at the similarities. I have no idea if they tried to get Kellerman
for the TV role. I think it was a good choice, and attempting to change
Swift out for some one else down the line, would have been a disaster. I
don't know that it would have sunk the show, but it definitely wouldn't
help.

Same here, changing Gadot, would kill Wonder Woman.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <ouaafi$b1$2@dont-email.me> <c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com> <121120172307177353%nope@noway.com> <oub70d$cc5$6@dont-email.me> <ouc2ql$193u$4@gioia.aioe.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 05:58:29 -0700
In article <ouc2ql$193u$4@gioia.aioe.org>,
 "batman@gotham.pa.us"<batman@invalid.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:27:58 -0500, Obveeus wrote:
>
> > Ed seems rather clueless if he actually believes that Gal Gadot is
> > easily replaceable at this point in the WONDER WOMAN phenomena.
>
> I think there are reasons, that he doesn't like Gadot which is why he
> thinks she should be replaced.

You don't think, you just lie, you POS.

> I get that, if they had done the other Wonder Woman with Paleki, which
> was TV if I remember. I get why it failed to get to air. Paleki and the
> horrid costuming, at least the ones leaked,err released.
>
> If you think that Wonder Woman was a success as "Wonder Woman" and not as
> Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, you are wrong. That success is as tied to Gadot
> as the legacy of the character of Wonder Woman.

Keep lying, garbage face.

> The original show, was a success due to Carter, not Wonder Woman, but
> Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. A previous attempt was done, and failed,
> horribly. Had there been a recasting after the first season, I doubt it
> lasted very long. The original was already on the line/bubble as it were
> to start, but a cast change would have sunk it completely. I personally
> preferred the period setting, as it would be more true to the comics, but
> I can live with it. You gotta love that theme music. It is as iconic as
> Hawaii Five-O's! Along with Elizabeth Logue.
>
> Cast changes were done on some long running shows, like MASH, but these
> were cast changes due to characters either dying or going home. New
> actors came into play new characters. I don't think you could come in and
> say "OK, recast Col. Blake, with x." And it work.
>
> Loretta Swift, while not my cup tea, was a good choice to play Sally
> Kellermans (also not my cup of tea) character of Hot Lips Houlihan. Why?
> Look at the similarities. I have no idea if they tried to get Kellerman
> for the TV role. I think it was a good choice, and attempting to change
> Swift out for some one else down the line, would have been a disaster. I
> don't know that it would have sunk the show, but it definitely wouldn't
> help.
>
> Same here, changing Gadot, would kill Wonder Woman.

Fine.  Better that that put up with Gadot'd idiot demands.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:21:41 -0500
<anim8rfsk-6A5272.05582913112017@news.easynews.com>
On 11/13/17 7:58 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ouc2ql$193u$4@gioia.aioe.org>,
>   "batman@gotham.pa.us"<batman@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:27:58 -0500, Obveeus wrote:
>>
>>> Ed seems rather clueless if he actually believes that Gal Gadot is
>>> easily replaceable at this point in the WONDER WOMAN phenomena.
>>
>> I think there are reasons, that he doesn't like Gadot which is why he
>> thinks she should be replaced.
>
> You don't think, you just lie, you POS.
>
>> I get that, if they had done the other Wonder Woman with Paleki, which
>> was TV if I remember. I get why it failed to get to air. Paleki and the
>> horrid costuming, at least the ones leaked,err released.
>>
>> If you think that Wonder Woman was a success as "Wonder Woman" and not as
>> Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, you are wrong. That success is as tied to Gadot
>> as the legacy of the character of Wonder Woman.
>
> Keep lying, garbage face.
>
>> The original show, was a success due to Carter, not Wonder Woman, but
>> Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. A previous attempt was done, and failed,
>> horribly. Had there been a recasting after the first season, I doubt it
>> lasted very long. The original was already on the line/bubble as it were
>> to start, but a cast change would have sunk it completely. I personally
>> preferred the period setting, as it would be more true to the comics, but
>> I can live with it. You gotta love that theme music. It is as iconic as
>> Hawaii Five-O's! Along with Elizabeth Logue.
>>
>> Cast changes were done on some long running shows, like MASH, but these
>> were cast changes due to characters either dying or going home. New
>> actors came into play new characters. I don't think you could come in and
>> say "OK, recast Col. Blake, with x." And it work.
>>
>> Loretta Swift, while not my cup tea, was a good choice to play Sally
>> Kellermans (also not my cup of tea) character of Hot Lips Houlihan. Why?
>> Look at the similarities. I have no idea if they tried to get Kellerman
>> for the TV role. I think it was a good choice, and attempting to change
>> Swift out for some one else down the line, would have been a disaster. I
>> don't know that it would have sunk the show, but it definitely wouldn't
>> help.
>>
>> Same here, changing Gadot, would kill Wonder Woman.
>
> Fine.  Better that that put up with Gadot'd idiot demands.

Yes.  Sure.  The studio will just give up the most profitable movie
they've had in their entire superhero franchise.

That's your expert opinion, is it?  The studio will throw away hundreds
of millions of dollars to protect a sexual predator?

I can't wait to hear that pitch to the board.  I'm betting neither are
the lawyers for the shareholders.
--
"For too long, Reality TV star real-estate Moguls have been silenced by
the immigrant parents of slain US Soldiers."  Trump says: "No more." -

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:28:12 -0600
On 11/13/2017 6:58 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Fine.  Better that that put up with Gadot'd idiot demands.

Hetero guys don't seem to feel that way.

---

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:55:27 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> A Friend
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went
> > to see the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she
> > got the part.
>
> And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
> regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?

Regardless of Gal Godot.  She ain’t no Meryl Streep and this is a comic
book flick we’re talking about, any reasonably talented actress who
looks the part could have done it and most would have done it better.

> > If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a
> > bazillion dollars, I know what I’d do.
>
> They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
> ”Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
> Just don't make a fuss now."

If he’s got a contract for doing the movie or whatever, they’ll have to pay him.

> > If DC held an audition tomorrow, they could get 100 actress who are
> > not only hotter and better actresses then Gal Gadot but get them for
> > much cheeper then her, especially now that her 3-movie deal is over.
>
> If there'd been a pool of 100 actresses hotter and better than Gal
> Gadot, one of them would have been hired in the first place.

Please…

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 22:15:00 -0800
On 11/12/2017 9:55 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
>> A Friend
>>> Ed Stasiak
>>>
>>> Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went
>>> to see the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she
>>> got the part.
>>
>> And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
>> regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?
>
> Regardless of Gal Godot.  She ain’t no Meryl Streep and this is a comic
> book flick we’re talking about, any reasonably talented actress who
> looks the part could have done it and most would have done it better.
>
>>> If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a
>>> bazillion dollars, I know what I’d do.
>>
>> They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
>> ”Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
>> Just don't make a fuss now."
>
> If he’s got a contract for doing the movie or whatever, they’ll have to pay him.

Oh, its worse than that.  He has an ownership stake in the movies thru
his production company.

instinct are running screaming.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <ouaafi$b1$2@dont-email.me> <c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com> <121120172307177353%nope@noway.com> <57d89c16-b003-436a-a464-c41666cac797@googlegroups.com> <oubd99$bru$2@dont-email.me>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 06:00:46 -0700
In article <oubd99$bru$2@dont-email.me>,
 Dimensional Traveler<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 11/12/2017 9:55 PM, Ed Stasiak wrote:
> >> A Friend

> >> And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
> >> regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?
> >
> > Regardless of Gal Godot.  She ain’t no Meryl Streep and this is a comic
> > book flick we’re talking about, any reasonably talented actress who
> > looks the part could have done it and most would have done it better.

> >> They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
> >> ”Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
> >> Just don't make a fuss now."
> >
> > If he’s got a contract for doing the movie or whatever, they’ll have to pay
> > him.
> >
> Oh, its worse than that.  He has an ownership stake in the movies thru
> his production company.

Same thing as Jon Peters, who they've been trying to get rid of for
decades.

--

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid>
<oubd99$bru$2@dont-email.me>
<anim8rfsk-9B2A48.06004613112017@news.easynews.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:22:55 -0600

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <a28c0dp3jdnpvpunu4huls4f8mjka4vt7v@4ax.com> <ou5g6d$da$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-68BBE5.19553610112017@news.easynews.com> <ou8mdb$7do$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D72F7F.22510311112017@news.easynews.com> <0176c342-785c-4ae6-833b-a975fe301415@googlegroups.com> <ouaafi$b1$2@dont-email.me> <c0bbacc6-ed88-4375-b566-b0f8d55ba325@googlegroups.com> <121120172307177353%nope@noway.com> <57d89c16-b003-436a-a464-c41666cac797@googlegroups.com> <oubd99$bru$2@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-9B2A48.06004613112017@news.easynews.com> <277954889.532285466.530831.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:42:55 -0700
In article<277954889.532285466.530831.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:07:15 -0600
On 11/13/2017 11:22 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>

>> Same thing as Jon Peters, who they've been trying to get rid of for
>> decades.
>
> Then there's this:
>
> DADDY'S HOME 2 Box Office Proves Mel Gibson May Be Immune to the Weinstein
> Effect
>
> https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/mel-gibson-daddys-home-...
>
> I would love to see my own reaction in 2010 to being told that in 2017,
> Hollywood would crumble... and Mel Gibson would be one of the only ones
> left standing.

If by "crumble" you mean "on the verge of being taken over by women for
a net positive effect" I agree.

---

From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:40:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> trotsky
>
> “on the verge of being taken over by women for a net positive effect"

lol

https://cmgajcbuzz.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/ghostbusters.png

From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 04:25:04 -0500
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
In article<57d89c16-b003-436a-a464-c41666cac797@googlegroups.com>, Ed
Stasiak<estasiak@att.net> wrote:

> > A Friend
> > > Ed Stasiak
> > >
> > > Exactly, based on the _character_ of Wonder Woman.  Nobody went
> > > to see the movie because of Gal Gadot, who was a nobody before she
> > > got the part.
> >
> > And really, Ed, do you think that people made this movie a hit
> > regardless of Gal Gadot?  Or in spite of her?
>
> Regardless of Gal Godot.  She ain’t no Meryl Streep and this is a comic
> book flick we’re talking about, any reasonably talented actress who
> looks the part could have done it and most would have done it better.

Sez you.  In any case, this is the universe we live in, and in this one
Gal Gadot played Wonder Woman and did a good job.

> > > If it’s a question of recasting Wonder Woman or shelling out a
> > > bazillion dollars, I know what I’d do.
> >
> > They won't have to shell out a bazillion dollars.  They'll tell Ratner,
> > ”Brett, wait five years for this to cool off and we'll hire you again.
> > Just don't make a fuss now."
>
> If he’s got a contract for doing the movie or whatever, they’ll have to pay
> him.

He'll presumably get the generous kill fee that's always included in
contracts at Ratner's level.

> > > If DC held an audition tomorrow, they could get 100 actress who are
> > > not only hotter and better actresses then Gal Gadot but get them for
> > > much cheeper then her, especially now that her 3-movie deal is over.
> >
> > If there'd been a pool of 100 actresses hotter and better than Gal
> > Gadot, one of them would have been hired in the first place.
>
> Please…

Please?  I'm not the one passing swamp gas about how there are 100
actresses hotter and better than Gal Gadot.  You have no facts, Ed; you
just want Gadot to pay with her career for having taken a stand.  I, on
the other hand, can point to the indisputable success of WONDER WOMAN,
and the virtual impossibility that Gadot will be replaced in the part.