> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: MSNBC rehires Sam Seder
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 09:09:21 -0500
https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
by Ryan Grim

PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
multiple MSNBC sources.

Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
Seder

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: Re: MSNBC rehires Sam Seder
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:12:58 -0500
On 12/7/2017 9:09 AM, David wrote:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER

good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.

> by Ryan Grim
>
> PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
> his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
> multiple MSNBC sources.
>
> Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
> expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
> with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
> Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
> outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
> Seder’s contract.

Does this mean he actually has a new contract or just that they might
use him for more spec work during the last few months of the current
contract?

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:11:31 -0700
In article <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 9:09 AM, David wrote:
> > https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...
> > e-contributor-sam-seder/
> >
> > MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
>

> good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
> reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.

It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:15:06 -0500
On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 12/7/2017 9:09 AM, David wrote:
>>> https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...
>>> e-contributor-sam-seder/
>>>
>>> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
>>

>> good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
>> reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.
>
> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.

The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
sector via
1.  SNL
2.  TV news pudit
3.  Radio/streaming obscurity

....but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:29:28 -0700
In article <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> good...and hopefully they will think twice about future knee jerk
> >> reactions to this wave of sex-themed outrage.
> >
> > It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>
> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
> sector via
> 1.  SNL
> 2.  TV news pudit
> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>
> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.

My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
fall on his sword in round one?

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500
On 12/7/2017 3:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>>
>> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
>> sector via
>> 1.  SNL
>> 2.  TV news pudit
>> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>>
>> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
>> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
>> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
>> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
>> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
>> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
>> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
>> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
>> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
>> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
>> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.
>
> My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
> having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
> thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
> fall on his sword in round one?

That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.

But yes, if this is the worst Franken has ever really done, I'm guessing
that at least half the people in the house/senate would have to resign
as well.

From: The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
Full headers:
From: The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 15:45:41 -0800
On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
>Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
>trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
>serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
>keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.

Isn't that pretty much word for word what Franken said in his
statement?

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:57:30 -0700
In article<hkkj2dhc1qsuj1v3o48mm70jhnufcievi7@4ax.com>,
 The Horny Goat<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
> >Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
> >trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
> >serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
> >keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.
>
> Isn't that pretty much word for word what Franken said in his
> statement?

So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?

From: shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 19:10:33 -0500
On Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:57:30 -0700, anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article<hkkj2dhc1qsuj1v3o48mm70jhnufcievi7@4ax.com>,
> The Horny Goat<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> >That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
>> >Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
>> >trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
>> >serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
>> >keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.
>>
>> Isn't that pretty much word for word what Franken said in his
>> statement?
>
>So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
>PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?

NO WAY! WE WANT THEM TO BE PRESIDENT.

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@earthlink.net>
From: nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:48:00 -0700
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
> PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?

No one exptected the Pervish Inquisition.

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@earthlink.net>
From: nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:48:00 -0700
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
> PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?

The side that throws out the most perverts wins.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!g35no909103qtk.1!news-out.google.com!t48ni1545qtc.1!nntp.google.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad!fx02.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 20:17:11 -0700
In article <1ngocng.le0ophmep86N%nmassello@earthlink.net>, nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello) wrote:

> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
> > PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?
>
> The side that throws out the most perverts wins.

Well, we just tossed an Arizona Congressman, so it looks like operation
catch up has begun.

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@earthlink.net>
From: nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:41:32 -0700
References: <5rii2dp62mj0gtaot8j3soagt0jfd1svus@4ax.com> <p0bi9b$vjp$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-B5EE4D.11113107122017@news.easynews.com> <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-1207DD.13292807122017@news.easynews.com> <p0caid$rmc$1@dont-email.me> <hkkj2dhc1qsuj1v3o48mm70jhnufcievi7@4ax.com> <anim8rfsk-0D0533.16573007122017@news.easynews.com> <1ngocng.le0ophmep86N%nmassello@earthlink.net> <anim8rfsk-32BFA2.20171107122017@news.easynews.com>
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Well, we just tossed an Arizona Congressman, so it looks like operation
> catch up has begun.

The Rs can't win this one. The Dems have vast reserves of pervs. They're
like the Saudi Arabia of perversion.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:52:55 -0500
<1ngok1m.il8pvr1tbcnz5N%nmassello@earthlink.net>
On 12/7/17 10:41 PM, Neill Massello wrote:
> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, we just tossed an Arizona Congressman, so it looks like operation
>> catch up has begun.
>
> The Rs can't win this one. The Dems have vast reserves of pervs. They're
> like the Saudi Arabia of perversion.

Yeah, sure they are...  So... just how many stones do you have in your
glass house?

     Donald "Buz" Lukens Representative (R-OH) Convicted of Contributing
to the Delinquency of a Minor for having sex with a 16 yr old girl. He
was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $500.

     Robert Bauman, Representative (R-MD), was charged with attempting
to solicit sex from a 16-year-old male prostitute. Upon completing an
alcoholism rehabilitation program, the charges were dropped. Bauman
apologized to voters for his indiscretions but was defeated for re-election.

     Jon Hinson, Representative (R-MS), resigned after being charged
with attempted sodomy for performing oral sex on a male employee of the
Library of Congress.[48] (1981)

     Thomas Evans, Representative (R-DE), went golfing in Florida with
nude model and lobbyist Paula Parkinson, who later suggested her
lobbying techniques had been "unusually tactile".[49] Though Evans
apologized for any appearance of impropriety, he was voted out of office
in 1982. Future Vice-President Dan Quayle and Congressman Tom Railsback
went on the golf trip too but were not implicated in the sex.[50]
Marilyn Quayle said it was common knowledge that her husband would
"rather play golf than have sex any day."[51] (1981)

     John Schmitz, Representative (R-CA), leader of the
ultra-conservative John Birch Society,[52] admitted to having a second
family, but refused to accept or support the two children he produced
who became wards of the state. (1982)[53]

     Dan Crane, Representative, (R-IL), was censured July 20, 1983, in
the Congressional Page sex scandal for having sex with a young
congressional page. (1983)[54]

     Ernie Konnyu, Representative (R-CA), Konnyu was accused of sexual
harassment. He had asked a female aide to move a name tag she was
wearing because it was drawing attention to her breasts, about which he
later said: "She is not exactly heavily stacked, OK?" In another
instance, he reportedly touched the knee of lobbyist Polly Minor during
lunch, which caused a scene. GOP leaders were unhappy with Konnyu's
temperament anyway, so they found Stanford professor Tom Campbell who
ousted Konnyu the following June.[56][57] (1987)

     Arlan Stangeland (R-MN) U.S. House of Representatives (1977

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:04:59 -0500
On 12/7/2017 10:17 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <1ngocng.le0ophmep86N%nmassello@earthlink.net>,
> nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello) wrote:
>
>> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> So the whole plan is to have one side's perverts scream WE THREW OUT OUR
>>> PERVERTS WHY DON'T YOU THROUW OUT YOUR PERVERTS?
>>
>> The side that throws out the most perverts wins.
>
> Well, we just tossed an Arizona Congressman, so it looks like operation
> catch up has begun.

....and he is 'having' to leave office for doing what Phoebe's brother
did as a major plotline on FRIENDS...America's #1 comedy for several years.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:01:45 -0500
On 12/7/2017 6:45 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:07:23 -0500, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>
>> That is a distinct possibility.  The other option is that he (the
>> Democrat party in general...and Hollywood as well for that matter) is
>> trying to set/force precedent at a time when the GOP is about to elect a
>> serial pubescent girl chaser/assaulter to the senate from Alabama and
>> keep a assaulter/rapist in the white house.
>
> Isn't that pretty much word for word what Franken said in his
> statement?

It sounded to me like Franken was claiming not to actually be a willing
participant, though obviously he had the choice to simply tell his
fellow Senate constituents to suck a lemon.  After all, it isn't like he
can really be cut off from anything other than committee assignments and
such.  He still has a vote for as long as he wants it or until his home
state votes him out.

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 19:00:59 -0500
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>>
>> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
>> sector via
>> 1.  SNL
>> 2.  TV news pudit
>> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>>
>> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
>> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
>> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
>> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
>> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
>> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
>> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
>> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
>> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
>> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
>> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.
>
>My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
>having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
>thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
>fall on his sword in round one?

Nah, this is the Democrats' attempts at appearing to take the high road
and be able to continue lieing about being the "champion of women'.

Al Franken deserves every bit of what he

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:23:34 -0500
On 12/7/17 7:00 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> Call me old-fashioned...

I'd rather call you old fuck-stick.
--
"Now Trump and his minions are in the driver

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 04:29:44 -0500
Newsrc:
In article <p0cpim$sb8$2@dont-email.me>, fredp151@gmail.com wrote:
>On 12/7/17 7:00 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Call me old-fashioned...
>
>I'd rather call you old fuck-stick.

Still fantasizing about sucking my dick?

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:22:11 -0500
On 12/7/17 3:29 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0c3vv$8em$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/2017 1:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> It's not like Al Franken's gonna quit the Senate or something.
>>
>> The real question now is whether or not he will go back into the private
>> sector via
>> 1.  SNL
>> 2.  TV news pudit
>> 3.  Radio/streaming obscurity
>>
>> ...but yes, his stepping down is part of a wide knee jerk reaction
>> network.  I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
>> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
>> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
>> it is a losing strategy.  I read something awhile back regarding the
>> House/Senate have almost $17million in payouts for various internal
>> lawsuits (harassment, discrimination, etc...) in the last 20 years.  One
>> has to wonder why the list of offenders isn't a matter of public record
>> since the public funds made the payouts.  It seems rather odd at this
>> point that the private sector, even filled with NDAs, is still getting
>> more public exposure on these matters than the public sector.
>
> My takeaway is "he must have done stuff lots worse that he's afraid of
> having come out" because, if this is the worst of it, and the worst
> thing that could happen to him is that he lose his job, why would he
> fall on his sword in round one?

Because the Democrats are positioning themselves to be the party of
women, morals and decency...

And the Republicans are going with the party of Pussy Grabbers, liars
and child molesters.

In other words... just politics as usual.  It just might work, too...
they're getting a lot of help from Trump, "Bumfight" Bannon and Roy Rogers.

Sorry... Roy Moore.

--
"Now Trump and his minions are in the driver

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@earthlink.net>
Full headers:
From: nmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 19:45:04 -0700
Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> I guess the strategy here is for the Democrats to try and take
> the high ethical/moral ground, but really, there is little to no chance
> that the other side can be persuaded to have the same ethics/morals so
> it is a losing strategy.

Sorry, but the "pervnado" has very little to do with any long-term
strategy against the Republicans. The things that began it and sustain
it are:

(1) women having a tantrum because a woman wasn't elected President; and

(2) a coup designed to free up top posts in the party for replacement
with women and POCs.

It is highly unlikely that a white male will ever again be the
standard-bearer of the Democratic Party. The typical Republican office
holder looks more like the typical Republican voter than is true of the
other party. That's what this is really about: a struggle for control of
the Democratic Party. The Republicans and the right are barely being
touched by it and will probably benefit from it as the Democrats become
more and more identified as the anti-white, anti-male party.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 10:30:39 -0600
On 12/7/2017 8:09 AM, David wrote:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
> by Ryan Grim
>
> PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
> his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
> multiple MSNBC sources.
>
> Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
> expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
> with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
> Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
> outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
> Seder’s contract.

Excellent news.

---

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:23:56 -0500

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 09:27:53 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 7 December 2017 09:09:25 UTC-5, David  wrote:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
> by Ryan Grim
>
> PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
> his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
> multiple MSNBC sources.
>
> Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
> expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
> with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
> Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
> outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
> Seder’s contract.

Pfft!  Sad thing is this "progressive" won't learn from this, just one more example of the rigid
intolerance of his left-wing ilk for any kind of free speech, comic or otherwise, they disagree
with.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:18:58 -0500
On 12/7/17 9:09 AM, David wrote:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
> by Ryan Grim
>
> PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
> his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
> multiple MSNBC sources.
>
> Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
> expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
> with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
> Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
> outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
> Seder

Next <
From: mogulah <mogulah@hotmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:27:04 -0800 (PST)
From: mogulah@hotmail.com
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 9:09:25 AM UTC-5, David wrote:

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/07/sam-seder-msnbc-reverses-decisio...

> MSNBC REVERSES DECISION TO FIRE CONTRIBUTOR SAM SEDER
> by Ryan Grim
>
> PROGRESSIVE RADIO AND television personality Sam Seder will be offered
> his MSNBC contributor job back and plans to accept, according to
> multiple MSNBC sources.
>
> Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract
> expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do
> with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur
> Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet
> outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew
> Seder’s contract.

NPR's "On The Media" did a great segment called 'Power Trip' on the con blogger Mike Cernovich
involved in the story who tried to get Seder in trouble at MSNBC:

-- https://www.npr.org/podcasts/452538775/on-the-media