> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: Matt Lauer news footage remains in current movie releases
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 12:25:53 -0500
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...

Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
by Chris Gardner

Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama; in one scene, star
Saoirse Ronan watches Lauer on a newscast reporting about the war in
Afghanistan.

At a recent screening at the ArcLight Santa Monica, Lauer's appearance
prompted groans throughout the sold-out theater. Meanwhile, Neon's I,
Tonya contains another bit of Lauer, with footage of him reporting on
the 1994 attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan included in a montage
sequence.

Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 12:32:26 -0500
On 12/7/2017 12:25 PM, David wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...

> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
> by Chris Gardner
>
> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama; in one scene, star
> Saoirse Ronan watches Lauer on a newscast reporting about the war in
> Afghanistan.
>
> At a recent screening at the ArcLight Santa Monica, Lauer's appearance
> prompted groans throughout the sold-out theater. Meanwhile, Neon's I,
> Tonya contains another bit of Lauer, with footage of him reporting on
> the 1994 attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan included in a montage
> sequence.
>
> Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
> wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
> Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
> All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
> would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
> Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.

It doesn't make much (any) sense to cut him from archive footage of
newscasts.  Are people really looking to rewrite history (above and
beyond already thinking that scripted fare should be re-edited to
exclude wrongdoers).   ...and oh the irony of considering editing out
Matt Lauer in a film that is specifically about a criminal - Tonya Harding.

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:55:21 -0500
On 2017-12-07 12:32 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 12:25 PM, David wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...

>> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
>> by Chris Gardner
>>
>> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
>> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
>> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
>> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama; in one scene, star
>> Saoirse Ronan watches Lauer on a newscast reporting about the war in
>> Afghanistan.
>>
>> At a recent screening at the ArcLight Santa Monica, Lauer's appearance
>> prompted groans throughout the sold-out theater. Meanwhile, Neon's I,
>> Tonya contains another bit of Lauer, with footage of him reporting on
>> the 1994 attack on figure skater Nancy Kerrigan included in a montage
>> sequence.
>>
>> Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
>> wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
>> Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
>> All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
>> would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
>> Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.
>
> It doesn't make much (any) sense to cut him from archive footage of
> newscasts.  Are people really looking to rewrite history (above and
> beyond already thinking that scripted fare should be re-edited to
> exclude wrongdoers).   ...and oh the irony of considering editing out
> Matt Lauer in a film that is specifically about a criminal - Tonya Harding.

This is getting to be downright Stalinistic! Stalin was notorious for
erasing people who had run afoul of him. In addition to killing them in
many cases - or sending them to the Gulag where only 1 in 7 survived to
complete their sentence - he also had his minions expunge these people
from printed material, paintings, etc.

One little girl had both her parents taken during the Purges and both
died. In addition, the secret police went through all the family photo
albums and cut out her parents from every picture. Out of all the family
photos, only one of them retained a bit of one of her parents: part of
an elbow. Everything else had been snipped out. (They must have taken
the negatives too to keep her from making more prints because all she
had were the original prints.) In some cases, they simply covered the
images with black ink. In the case of paintings, they often painted out
the people who had become notorious. (And sometimes they painted people
IN, as in one case where a famous painting showing Lenin arriving in St.
Petersburg after many years in exile had Stalin added, even though he
had not actually been there to greet Lenin on his arrival.)

There's a fascinating book called The Commissar Vanishes by David King.
He's got an archive of a quarter MILLION such photos, showing before and
after shots of how people were rendered invisible after they'd fallen
afoul of his dictatorship. King has examples of the different ways the
pictures got altered in the book.

Of course, the elites aren't actually SHOOTING the people that have run
afoul of their rules yet but they seem to be making real efforts to
expunge people from productions in which they've already appeared.

--
Rhino

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 20:17:13 -0500
On 12/7/17 6:55 PM, Rhino wrote:

> Of course, the elites aren't actually SHOOTING the people that have run
> afoul of their rules yet but they seem to be making real efforts to
> expunge people from productions in which they've already appeared.

God, but you're dull...

The moviemakers added in Lauer to give the film an air of
authenticity... not to give the film an air of disgust.

The last thing you want moviegoers to do is be taken out of a movie and
start thinking of Lauer ass raping a woman during a scene.
--
"Now Trump and his minions are in the driver

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 20:15:40 -0700
In article <p0ckdc$37l$1@dont-email.me>,
 Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> One little girl had both her parents taken during the Purges and both
> died. In addition, the secret police went through all the family photo
> albums and cut out her parents from every picture. Out of all the family
> photos, only one of them retained a bit of one of her parents: part of
> an elbow. Everything else had been snipped out. (They must have taken
> the negatives too to keep her from making more prints because all she
> had were the original prints.)

I know people who, when they get their prints back, the first thing they
do is throw out the negatives, because they don't understand what
they're used for and find them annoying.  Even though they keep the
envelope that has the prints in it, which the separate little enclosure
for the negatives, they go to the trouble of digging the negative out of
where they're safely hiding so they can destroy them.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 22:58:57 -0500
On 12/7/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0ckdc$37l$1@dont-email.me>,
>   Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> One little girl had both her parents taken during the Purges and both
>> died. In addition, the secret police went through all the family photo
>> albums and cut out her parents from every picture. Out of all the family
>> photos, only one of them retained a bit of one of her parents: part of
>> an elbow. Everything else had been snipped out. (They must have taken
>> the negatives too to keep her from making more prints because all she
>> had were the original prints.)
>
> I know people who, when they get their prints back, the first thing they
> do is throw out the negatives, because they don't understand what
> they're used for and find them annoying.  Even though they keep the
> envelope that has the prints in it, which the separate little enclosure
> for the negatives, they go to the trouble of digging the negative out of
> where they're safely hiding so they can destroy them.

Was this posted a decade or two ago and is just now showing up?

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 22:55:45 -0700
In article <p0d2m1$ov5$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p0ckdc$37l$1@dont-email.me>,
> >   Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
> >
> >> One little girl had both her parents taken during the Purges and both
> >> died. In addition, the secret police went through all the family photo
> >> albums and cut out her parents from every picture. Out of all the family
> >> photos, only one of them retained a bit of one of her parents: part of
> >> an elbow. Everything else had been snipped out. (They must have taken
> >> the negatives too to keep her from making more prints because all she
> >> had were the original prints.)
> >
> > I know people who, when they get their prints back, the first thing they
> > do is throw out the negatives, because they don't understand what
> > they're used for and find them annoying.  Even though they keep the
> > envelope that has the prints in it, which the separate little enclosure
> > for the negatives, they go to the trouble of digging the negative out of
> > where they're safely hiding so they can destroy them.
>
> Was this posted a decade or two ago and is just now showing up?

I know people that take the lossless transfers, make 'em into JPGs at
25%, and toss the originals.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 09:03:57 -0500
On 12/8/2017 12:55 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0d2m1$ov5$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I know people who, when they get their prints back, the first thing they
>>> do is throw out the negatives, because they don't understand what
>>> they're used for and find them annoying.  Even though they keep the
>>> envelope that has the prints in it, which the separate little enclosure
>>> for the negatives, they go to the trouble of digging the negative out of
>>> where they're safely hiding so they can destroy them.
>>
>> Was this posted a decade or two ago and is just now showing up?
>
> I know people that take the lossless transfers, make 'em into JPGs at
> 25%, and toss the originals.

That's better.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:24:17 -0700
In article<3aui2dd883pq1laj2salt41ge30a67oelg@4ax.com>,
 David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:

> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...
> onya-lady-bird-1064724
>
> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
> by Chris Gardner
>
> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama;

Wait - "Lady Bird" is *not* about the worst POTUS of the 20th Century?

> Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
> wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
> Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
> All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
> would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
> Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.

You know, if you took him out of Sharknado, you could replace Natalie
Morales at the smae time.

From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 16:10:57 -0600
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> In article<3aui2dd883pq1laj2salt41ge30a67oelg@4ax.com>,
>  David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...
>> onya-lady-bird-1064724
>>
>> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
>> by Chris Gardner
>>
>> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
>> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
>> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
>> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama;
>
> Wait - "Lady Bird" is *not* about the worst POTUS of the 20th Century?

Why would LADY BIRD be about Jimmy Carter?

>> Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
>> wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
>> Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
>> All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
>> would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
>> Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.
>
> You know, if you took him out of Sharknado, you could replace Natalie
> Morales at the smae time.

Stahp!

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 15:27:48 -0700
In article<3amdnQlKD4bsIbTHnZ2dnUU7-XnNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In article<3aui2dd883pq1laj2salt41ge30a67oelg@4ax.com>,
> >  David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...
> >> i-t
> >> onya-lady-bird-1064724
> >>
> >> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
> >> by Chris Gardner
> >>
> >> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
> >> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
> >> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
> >> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama;
> >
> > Wait - "Lady Bird" is *not* about the worst POTUS of the 20th Century?
>
> Why would LADY BIRD be about Jimmy Carter?

Carter may be History's Greatest Monster, but in sheer number of
countrymen murdered by his lies, LBJ wins.

> >> Reps for that film, which premiered a day before the scandal broke,
> >> wouldn't comment when asked if there'd been any thought of cutting
> >> Lauer the way Kevin Spacey has been replaced by Christopher Plummer in
> >> All the Money in the World. But erasing all of Lauer's cinematic past
> >> would be a big task: He's had screen time in scads of films, including
> >> Zoolander 2, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! and Entourage.
> >
> > You know, if you took him out of Sharknado, you could replace Natalie
> > Morales at the smae time.
>
> Stahp!

I'm just saying.  We've got a spare.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 04:47:24 -0600
On 12/7/17 4:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> In article<3aui2dd883pq1laj2salt41ge30a67oelg@4ax.com>,
>>   David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/matt-lauer-wont-...
>>> onya-lady-bird-1064724
>>>
>>> Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'
>>> by Chris Gardner
>>>
>>> Matt Lauer may be gone from the small screen, but he's still popping
>>> up on the big one. The former Today host, who was fired Nov. 29 from
>>> NBC after complaints about inappropriate sexual behavior, appears in
>>> Lady Bird, A24's Bush-era coming-of-age drama;
>>
>> Wait - "Lady Bird" is *not* about the worst POTUS of the 20th Century?
>
> Why would LADY BIRD be about Jimmy Carter?

What?  He wasn't complicit in treasonous illegal arms trading.

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:46:07 -0500
In article<3aui2dd883pq1laj2salt41ge30a67oelg@4ax.com>, dimlan17@yahoo.com wrote:

>Matt Lauer Won't Be Cut From 'I, Tonya' or 'Lady Bird'

It hadn't even occurred to me to do that.
Can we remove the Clintons next?

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:35:20 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Marxist creeps will get around to it.  I hope they resurrect the Bennie Hill Show just to p---off
feminists and snowflake.

Next <
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers: