> Prev
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, Dec. 7)
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:53:52 -0500
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
Chrisley Knows Best: A Very Merry Chrisley       (special)        (7 and
10 pm, USA)

Gotham      (season 4 fall finale)        (8 pm, Fox)

Supernatural        (season 13 fall finale)       (8 pm, CW)

32 Pills: My Sister's Suicide        (documentary)          (8-10 pm, HBO)

After struggling with mental illness for most of her life, New York
artist Ruth Litoff committed suicide at age 42 in 2008 by overdosing on
prescription pills. Six years later, her younger sister, Hope Litoff,
decides to film herself while she empties a packed-to-the-brim storage
unit filled with Ruth’s belongings, driven by the need to understand
Ruth’s illness and desire to end her life ­ but as she pores through the
items her sister left behind, she must exorcise the demons that threaten
her sobriety. Both a celebration of art and an unvarnished exploration
of mental illness, Hope Litoff’s directorial debut tells the powerful
story of one sister struggling to know and accept the other in a way she
was never able to in life, even as she learns to live with the pain of loss.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/32-pills-my-sisters-suicide
[Metacritic score 71]

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/32-pills-my-sisters-suicide

Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)

Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill) are working
together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie     [Metacritic score 63]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie

http://www.usanetwork.com/psych

Arrow          (season 6 fall finale)          (9 pm, CW)

The Orville         (season 1 finale)         (9 pm, Fox)

Renewed for season 2. Note that one episode of the 13-episode season one
order (ep 112) will be held over for season 2 according to The Futon Critic.

The Great American Baking Show       (season 3 premiere)         (9 and
10 pm, two episodes, ABC)

Six-episode season presented as two episodes on three consecutive
Thursday nights.

A Very Discovery Christmas       (special)        (9-10 pm, Discovery
Channel)

Pearl Harbor: Survivors Remember       (special)         (9-11 pm,
History Channel)

Beerland        (season 2 premiere)          (10 pm, Viceland)

Top Chef        (season 15 premiere)        (10 to 11:15 pm, Bravo)

--Robin

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:04:00 -0500
On 12/7/2017 2:53 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Chrisley Knows Best: A Very Merry Chrisley       (special)        (7 and
> 10 pm, USA)

Anim8r's favorite show.

> Supernatural        (season 13 fall finale)       (8 pm, CW)

I wonder if Kristen Bell will make a cameo.

> The Orville         (season 1 finale)         (9 pm, Fox)

Yeah, one for me.

Thanks Robin.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:35:29 -0700
In article <p0c6rh$u9l$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 2:53 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> >

> > Chrisley Knows Best: A Very Merry Chrisley       (special)        (7 and
> > 10 pm, USA)
>
> Anim8r's favorite show.
>
> > Supernatural        (season 13 fall finale)       (8 pm, CW)
>
> I wonder if Kristen Bell will make a cameo.

Why?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:14:30 -0500
On 12/7/2017 3:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p0c6rh$u9l$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12/7/2017 2:53 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>>> Supernatural        (season 13 fall finale)       (8 pm,
CW)

>> I wonder if Kristen Bell will make a cameo.
>
> Why?

Fall finale SUPERNATURAL episode title:  'The Bad Place'.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:29:11 -0700
In article <p0cavn$rmc$4@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 3:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p0c6rh$u9l$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

pm, CW)

> >> I wonder if Kristen Bell will make a cameo.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Fall finale SUPERNATURAL episode title:  'The Bad Place'.

Ah.  TY.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 13:35:08 -0700
In article<f8tkinFlqa8U1@mid.individual.net>,
 Robin Miller<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Gotham      (season 4 fall finale)        (8 pm, Fox)

Yay

> Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)
>
> Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
> Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (DulŽ Hill) are working
> together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
> The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie     [Metacritic score 63]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie
>
> http://www.usanetwork.com/psych

Double yay!  If only I could eat the pineapple!!

> Arrow          (season 6 fall finale)          (9 pm, CW)

Ick

Thanks, > --Robin

From: "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 15:10:02 -0600
Robin Miller sent the following on 12/07/2017 at 01:53 PM:
> Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)
>
> Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
> Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill) are working
> together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
> The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.
>
> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie      [Metacritic score 63]
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie
>
> http://www.usanetwork.com/psych

Yay! There's a nice interview with Franks and Roday floating around out
there. Among the highlights, I liked hearing that they're going to avoid
the political and social divisiveness that too many other writers of too
many other shows seem to be embracing these days. Instead, it's gonna be
the usual fun and silliness. Also, they got together at various bars to
do the writing. Heh.

Another interesting and slightly spoiler-ish thing as it relates to
location: they had initially planned to open in San Francisco, picking
up where the series left off, before moving the action back to Santa
Barbara, which still looks remarkably like Vancouver. But with Lassie's
real-life health issues, they thought (and this is awesome) that it
wouldn't be right to do that without him as a major player, so the
entirety of this one will now take place in San Fran. I thought that it
was an interesting and respectful adjustment.

http://collider.com/psych-movie-interview-james-roday-steve-franks/...

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:17:41 -0700
In article <p0canc$k39$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:

> Robin Miller sent the following on 12/07/2017 at 01:53 PM:
> > Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)
> >
> > Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
> > Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill) are working
> > together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
> > The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.
> >
> > http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie      [Metacritic score 63]
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie
> >
> > http://www.usanetwork.com/psych
>
> Yay! There's a nice interview with Franks and Roday floating around out
> there. Among the highlights, I liked hearing that they're going to avoid
> the political and social divisiveness that too many other writers of too
> many other shows seem to be embracing these days. Instead, it's gonna be
> the usual fun and silliness. Also, they got together at various bars to
> do the writing. Heh.
>
> Another interesting and slightly spoiler-ish thing as it relates to
> location: they had initially planned to open in San Francisco, picking
> up where the series left off, before moving the action back to Santa
> Barbara, which still looks remarkably like Vancouver. But with Lassie's
> real-life health issues, they thought (and this is awesome) that it
> wouldn't be right to do that without him as a major player, so the
> entirety of this one will now take place in San Fran. I thought that it
> was an interesting and respectful adjustment.
>
> http://collider.com/psych-movie-interview-james-roday-steve-franks/...

Neato mosquito!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Next <
Full headers:
From: "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:28:56 -0600
anim8rfsk sent the following on 12/07/2017 at 03:17 PM:
> In article <p0canc$k39$1@news.albasani.net>,
>   "Jim G."<jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Robin Miller sent the following on 12/07/2017 at 01:53 PM:
>>> Psych: The Movie        (movie)         (8-10 pm, USA)
>>>
>>> Picking up three years since the series finale, Shawn Spencer (James
>>> Roday) and best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dulé Hill) are working
>>> together in San Francisco when one of their friends becomes a target.
>>> The original cast is joined by Zachary Levi and John Cena.
>>>
>>> http://www.metacritic.com/tv/psych-the-movie      [Metacritic score 63]
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psych:_The_Movie
>>>
>>> http://www.usanetwork.com/psych
>>
>> Yay! There's a nice interview with Franks and Roday floating around out
>> there. Among the highlights, I liked hearing that they're going to avoid
>> the political and social divisiveness that too many other writers of too
>> many other shows seem to be embracing these days. Instead, it's gonna be
>> the usual fun and silliness. Also, they got together at various bars to
>> do the writing. Heh.
>>
>> Another interesting and slightly spoiler-ish thing as it relates to
>> location: they had initially planned to open in San Francisco, picking
>> up where the series left off, before moving the action back to Santa
>> Barbara, which still looks remarkably like Vancouver. But with Lassie's
>> real-life health issues, they thought (and this is awesome) that it
>> wouldn't be right to do that without him as a major player, so the
>> entirety of this one will now take place in San Fran. I thought that it
>> was an interesting and respectful adjustment.
>>
>> http://collider.com/psych-movie-interview-james-roday-steve-franks/...
>
> Neato mosquito!

It's always a bonus when a show that I like is full of decent human
beings in the real-world sense.