> Prev
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: Marvel launches teen girl animated franchise "Marvel Rising"
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 17:25:54 -0500
https://www.avclub.com/marvel-launches-a-new-animation-franchise-mar...

Marvel launches a new animation franchise, Marvel Rising, focused on
its younger fan favorites
by William Hughes

Deadline reporting that Marvel Studios has announced a new animated
franchise, titled Marvel Rising, that will focus on the company

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.sf.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 18:37:52 -0500
On 12/7/2017 5:25 PM, David wrote:
> https://www.avclub.com/marvel-launches-a-new-animation-franchise-mar...
>
> Marvel launches a new animation franchise, Marvel Rising, focused on
> its younger fan favorites
> by William Hughes
>
> Deadline reporting that Marvel Studios has announced a new animated
> franchise, titled Marvel Rising, that will focus on the company’s
> younger heroes. Characters in the new mini-universe include
> Spider-Gwen (now dubbed Ghost Spider), Ms. Marvel, Squirrel Girl,
> Patriot, Quake, and more.
>
> The current plan is to launch Marvel Rising with a few shorts focused
> on Ghost Spider (Cameron Dove), before diving right into a full-length
> Secret Warriors feature. It doesn’t sound like the series

A few shorts followed by a full-length what?  Do they mean 'feature' as
in film or as in pilot for a TV series?

  will share
> any continuity with the mainstream MCU, but it will feature some of
> the same talent; Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet will voice the
> younger version of her character, Daisy “Quake” Johnson,

A younger version of her would not have any powers other than maybe
computer hacking.

> while her
> co-star Ming-Na Wen will play the movie’s villain. (Meanwhile, Milana
> Vayntrub, who’s been cast as Squirrel Girl for the still up-in-the-air
> live action New Warriors show, will also reprise her role.)
>
> Marvel hasn’t set any distribution deals for the film, although this
> feels like it would be a slam-dunk for Netflix, which already has a
> comfy relationship with the company thanks to its Defenders
> sub-franchise of shows, and which is always looking for more kids’ and
> teen-focused content to gobble up.

At this point, it sounds more like something for YouTube.

From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:20:43 -0800 (PST)
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 6:37:57 PM UTC-5, Obveeus wrote:
> On 12/7/2017 5:25 PM, David wrote:
> > https://www.avclub.com/marvel-launches-a-new-animation-franchise-mar...
> >
> > Marvel launches a new animation franchise, Marvel Rising, focused on
> > its younger fan favorites
> > by William Hughes

>   will share
> > any continuity with the mainstream MCU, but it will feature some of
> > the same talent; Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet will voice the
> > younger version of her character, Daisy “Quake” Johnson,
>
> A younger version of her would not have any powers other than maybe
> computer hacking.

It's not in continuity. It'll probably be like DC's "Super Hero Girls" where all the characters went
to high school together.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 23:15:55 -0500
On 12/7/2017 7:20 PM, David wrote:
> On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 6:37:57 PM UTC-5, Obveeus wrote:
>> On 12/7/2017 5:25 PM, David wrote:
>>> https://www.avclub.com/marvel-launches-a-new-animation-franchise-mar...
>>>
>>> Marvel launches a new animation franchise, Marvel Rising, focused on
>>> its younger fan favorites
>>> by William Hughes
>
>>    will share
>>> any continuity with the mainstream MCU, but it will feature some of
>>> the same talent; Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet will voice the
>>> younger version of her character, Daisy “Quake” Johnson,
>>
>> A younger version of her would not have any powers other than maybe
>> computer hacking.
>
> It's not in continuity. It'll probably be like DC's "Super Hero Girls" where all the characters
went to high school together.

Ok, thanks.  Seems like odd timing to do something like this right on
top of the FREEFORM series covering similar ground.

Next <
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 23:00:48 -0700
In article <p0d3lu$as8$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 12/7/2017 7:20 PM, David wrote:

> >>    will share
> >>
> >> A younger version of her would not have any powers other than maybe
> >> computer hacking.
> >
> > It's not in continuity. It'll probably be like DC's "Super Hero Girls"
> > where all the characters went to high school together.
>
> Ok, thanks.  Seems like odd timing to do something like this right on
> top of the FREEFORM series covering similar ground.

SQUIGGLE!!!!!111!!!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/