> Prev
From: B i l l C o c k b u r n <bcockburn@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a TerrifyingBacklash
Full headers:
From: "B i l l C o c k b u r n" <bcockburn@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a Terrifying
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 06:46:17 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.politics.clinton, alt.politics.usa,
alt.politics.usa.republicans, sac.general, rec.arts.tv
Many will say Trump won because he successfully capitalized on
blue collar workers' anxieties about immigration and
globalization. Others will say he won because America rejected a
deeply unpopular alternative. Still others will say the country
is simply racist to its core.

But there's another major piece of the puzzle, and it would be a
profound mistake to overlook it. Overlooking it was largely the
problem, in the first place.

Trump won because of a cultural issue that flies under the radar
and remains stubbornly difficult to define, but is nevertheless
hugely important to a great number of Americans: political

More specifically, Trump won because he convinced a great number
of Americans that he would destroy political correctness.

I have tried to call attention to this issue for years. I have
warned that political correctness actually is a problem on
college campuses, where the far-left has gained institutional
power and used it to punish people for saying or thinking the
wrong thing. And ever since Donald Trump became a serious threat
to win the GOP presidential primaries, I have warned that a lot
of people, both on campus and off it, were furious about

Next <
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 06:46:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Trump Won Because Leftist Political Correctness Inspired a
Terrifying Backlash
From: Ed Stasiak <estasiak@att.net>

> B i l l  C o c k b u r n
> There is a cost to depriving people of the freedom (in both the
> legal and social senses) to speak their mind. The presidency
> just went to the guy whose main qualification, according to his
> supporters, is that he isn't afraid to speak his.

Good article, but I don’t think the author takes the threat of political
correctness seriously enough (being a Leftist himself) and suggests
that if the Left had just gone with the soft touch, these policies would
somehow become acceptable.

But it’s a philosophy that is fundamentally abhorrent and being open
ended and completely undefined is profoundly dangerous to society,
with the SJWs who are pushing it no different then fundie religionists
who are simply the opposite side of the same crooked coin.