> Prev
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Subject: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 07:38:10 -0500
I watched:

THE WILD WILD WEST:
"The Night of the Golden Cobra". Maharajah Singh kidnaps West for very
unprincely reasons: West is to tutor Singh's assassin sons in the ways
of Western combat. I have no ideas what the point of this ep was!

SPACE'S DEEPEST SECRETS:
"Death of the Solar System". The fate awaiting humankind and the
technology needed to survive the end of Earth are examined. THIS show
is what the new Cosmos should have been! I've seen this topic before
but I learned some new things in this one.

FRIDAY THE 13TH 3:
You can tell this one was a 3-D movie without looking at the title.

What did you watch?

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2018-01-02 (Tuesday)
From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:31:55 -0500
Lethal Weapon (Fox) -- A counterfeiter gets tossed out a window and
three kids on bikes grab his loot. Riggs buys a puppy for Molly's boy,
but Rigg's father has someone kill the puppy and send him the pup's
collar. Riggs tells Molly goodbye because he can't protect her and
goes to a Texas prison to tell his father he's going to kill him as
soon as he gets out of prison. RJ wants to drop out of college.

Chicago Med (NBC) -- A woman showing all signs of AIDS is brought, but
she refuses a test to ID said disease making treatment impossible. A
young girl is brought in by her mother who has ascending paralysis
starting on a flight back from Australia. Halstead later experiences
the same symptoms. One of the nurses talks bad about Choi when issuing
invites to a party. April later relents and declares Choi her boytoy
so everyone now knows. The neuro consult figures out that Halstead and
Manning are dating. Rhodes admits to Robyn he isn't always sure if
it's her or her disease talking and doing. She was acting bizarre
again. Reese is still spooked and gets ramped up even higher when her
car is burgled and trashed in the lot. Noah handles the case of a teen
male who hit a young woman. He tells the family the boy will be OK,
but while they are away the teen arrests asystole. He gets beat up by
the boy's brother when he has to deliver the bad news.

NCIS (CBS) -- Torres and Bishop are undercover as a couple wanting to
do bad things. Torres ignores Vance's order to go to the hospital
after a boat blows up real good and follows his gut to get into a drug
smuggling ring. Bishop is upset that he went without her since she's
now an adrenalin junkie. You get the inkling they are going to hook
those two up. Yuck.

Bull (CBS) -- Bull takes on the case of a teen who is arrested in the
midst of a jewelery store robbery along with the older man that lured
her from her home 18 months previously.

NCIS NO (CBS) -- NOPD gets beat up pretty bad when a truck they're
chasing opens up on them with a minigun. Further investigation leads
to a CIA operative supposedly running a sting using a known bad guy
arms dealer/smuggler. Except, she's the one getting run. Percy's
former DEA partner and love interest is there as well supporting the
op. Pride is waved off by his DC superiors but decides to continue the
case focusing only on the NOPD officer's murder and the low-life scum
hired by the arms dealer. This bothers Percy as she knows Pride is
being watched by DC and doesn't want to hurt her career. Pride tells
her to go home, but she seeks out her old partner for some love, but
finding a clue on his phone. That romance is over.

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 07:36:40 -0800
On 2018-01-03 15:31:55 +0000, icebreaker said:

> Lethal Weapon (Fox)

Watched this.

> Chicago Med (NBC)

Will get to this later in the week...

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:12:40 -0800
In article<ckrp4dpqklgvhmifkai2ur3gueq9fr05p1@4ax.com>,
 icebreaker<icebreaker@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Lethal Weapon (Fox) -- A counterfeiter gets tossed out a window and
> three kids on bikes grab his loot.

And everything Ernie Hudson's Secret Service character said about
counterfeiting money was 100% wrong.

> Riggs buys a puppy for Molly's boy, but Rigg's father has someone
> kill the puppy and send him the pup's collar.

So does Scary Dad have Riggs under 24-hour surveillance? From prison?
Because how else would he know who Riggs is dating and that they got a
dog less than a day after he brought it home?

From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
From: icebreaker <icebreaker@nowhere.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:16:37 -0500
On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:12:40 -0800, BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>In article<ckrp4dpqklgvhmifkai2ur3gueq9fr05p1@4ax.com>,
> icebreaker<icebreaker@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Lethal Weapon (Fox) -- A counterfeiter gets tossed out a window and
>> three kids on bikes grab his loot.
>
>And everything Ernie Hudson's Secret Service character said about
>counterfeiting money was 100% wrong.

I figured as much.

>> Riggs buys a puppy for Molly's boy, but Rigg's father has someone
>> kill the puppy and send him the pup's collar.
>
>So does Scary Dad have Riggs under 24-hour surveillance? From prison?
>Because how else would he know who Riggs is dating and that they got a
>dog less than a day after he brought it home?

I don't know, He was also responsible for calling the Nazis off in a
prior episode or so we were led to believe. I guess he must be some
Aryan bigshot. I suspect more about dear old dad is forthcoming as the
arc plays out.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 16:01:13 -0500
On 1/3/2018 3:16 PM, icebreaker wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:12:40 -0800, BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article<ckrp4dpqklgvhmifkai2ur3gueq9fr05p1@4ax.com>,
>> icebreaker<icebreaker@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Lethal Weapon (Fox) -- A counterfeiter gets tossed out a window and
>>> three kids on bikes grab his loot.
>>
>> And everything Ernie Hudson's Secret Service character said about
>> counterfeiting money was 100% wrong.
>
> I figured as much.
>

>>> Riggs buys a puppy for Molly's boy, but Rigg's father has someone
>>> kill the puppy and send him the pup's collar.
>>
>> So does Scary Dad have Riggs under 24-hour surveillance? From prison?
>> Because how else would he know who Riggs is dating and that they got a
>> dog less than a day after he brought it home?
>
> I don't know, He was also responsible for calling the Nazis off in a
> prior episode or so we were led to believe. I guess he must be some
> Aryan bigshot. I suspect more about dear old dad is forthcoming as the
> arc plays out.

I saw the end of this episode.  I have to ask:  if you threaten to kill
someone while on the prison 'phone', isn't it recorded?

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 15:07:56 -0800
On 1/3/2018 1:01 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 1/3/2018 3:16 PM, icebreaker wrote:
>> On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:12:40 -0800, BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> And everything Ernie Hudson's Secret Service character said about
>>> counterfeiting money was 100% wrong.
>>
>> I figured as much.

>>> So does Scary Dad have Riggs under 24-hour surveillance? From prison?
>>> Because how else would he know who Riggs is dating and that they got a
>>> dog less than a day after he brought it home?
>>
>> I don't know, He was also responsible for calling the Nazis off in a
>> prior episode or so we were led to believe. I guess he must be some
>> Aryan bigshot. I suspect more about dear old dad is forthcoming as the
>> arc plays out.
>
> I saw the end of this episode.  I have to ask:  if you threaten to kill
> someone while on the prison 'phone', isn't it recorded?

Yes.

instinct are running screaming.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 20:04:24 -0500
On 1/3/2018 6:07 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/3/2018 1:01 PM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> I figured as much.

>>> I don't know, He was also responsible for calling the Nazis off in a
>>> prior episode or so we were led to believe. I guess he must be some
>>> Aryan bigshot. I suspect more about dear old dad is forthcoming as the
>>> arc plays out.
>>
>> I saw the end of this episode.  I have to ask:  if you threaten to
>> kill someone while on the prison 'phone', isn't it recorded?
>
> Yes.

So then, the main protagonist in this series should maybe lose his
badge, right?

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 17:41:34 -0800
In article <p2juin$qvp$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 1/3/2018 6:07 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:

> >> I saw the end of this episode.  I have to ask:  if you threaten to
> >> kill someone while on the prison 'phone', isn't it recorded?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> So then, the main protagonist in this series should maybe lose his
> badge, right?

He should have lost his badge a half dozen times in every episode aired
so far.

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:20:27 -0800
In article <p2jgal$vvi$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 1/3/2018 3:16 PM, icebreaker wrote:

> > On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:12:40 -0800, BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> And everything Ernie Hudson's Secret Service character said about
> >> counterfeiting money was 100% wrong.
> >
> > I figured as much.

> >> So does Scary Dad have Riggs under 24-hour surveillance? From prison?
> >> Because how else would he know who Riggs is dating and that they got a
> >> dog less than a day after he brought it home?
> >
> > I don't know, He was also responsible for calling the Nazis off in a
> > prior episode or so we were led to believe. I guess he must be some
> > Aryan bigshot. I suspect more about dear old dad is forthcoming as the
> > arc plays out.
>
> I saw the end of this episode. I have to ask: if you threaten to kill
> someone while on the prison 'phone', isn't it recorded?

Most likely.

Oh, and this show seriously needs to update its stock footage. Every
time they change scenes and show a shot of the L.A. skyline, it's
glaringly obvious that the establishing shot was filmed over half a
decade ago. We have a new massive skyscraper that not only isn't there,
it's not even under construction, like it is in a lot of the LUCIFER
transitional scenes.

That's not as bad as the LETHAL WEAPON Christmas episode, though, when
Trish and they kids were vacationing on Maui and they kept showing an
establishing shot of Waikiki and Diamond Head. They didn't even get the
right island.

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 15:05:46 -0800
Episodes 3 and 4 of Dirk Gently.  (Don't tell me how the guy ended up in
the tree!!!!)

instinct are running screaming.

From: tenworld <ten@world.std.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:09:04 -0800 (PST)
From: tenworld <ten@world.std.com>
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 7:49:35 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

NCIS - one of the better episodes. Blondie looks good as a hooker. They aren't giving Abby much to
do lately, maybe waiting for her swan song. This was Torres' episode.

From: Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:55:07 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com>
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 9:09:10 AM UTC-8, tenworld wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 7:49:35 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
> > What did you watch?
>
> NCIS - one of the better episodes. Blondie looks good as a hooker. They
> aren't giving Abby much to do lately, maybe waiting for her swan song.
> This was Torres' episode.

Emily Wickersham has demonstrated in other projects that she's really attractive.

I dunno why "NCIS" insists upon consistently "uglifying" her...

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 15:07:13 -0800
On 1/3/2018 9:55 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 9:09:10 AM UTC-8, tenworld wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 7:49:35 AM UTC-5, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> NCIS - one of the better episodes. Blondie looks good as a hooker. They
>> aren't giving Abby much to do lately, maybe waiting for her swan song.
>> This was Torres' episode.
>
> Emily Wickersham has demonstrated in other projects that she's really attractive.
>
> I dunno why "NCIS" insists upon consistently "uglifying" her...

Because someone getting paid more has it in their contract that no one
else can look better than them?

instinct are running screaming.

From: tenworld <ten@world.std.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 08:06:46 -0800 (PST)
From: tenworld <ten@world.std.com>
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 6:07:10 PM UTC-5, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 1/3/2018 9:55 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> >> NCIS - one of the better episodes. Blondie looks good as a hooker. They
> >> aren't giving Abby much to do lately, maybe waiting for her swan song.
> >> This was Torres' episode.
> >
> > Emily Wickersham has demonstrated in other projects that she's really attractive.
> >
> > I dunno why "NCIS" insists upon consistently "uglifying" her...
> >
> Because someone getting paid more has it in their contract that no one
> else can look better than them?

McGee?

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com>
Full headers:
From: nmassello@yahoo.com (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 16:05:56 -0700
tenworld<ten@world.std.com> wrote:

> This was Torres' episode.

Torres versus Keyser Soze! The undercard: McGee versus The Predator.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 10:31:16 -0700
In article<UBI20180102@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous<weberm@polaris.net>
wrote:

> I watched:
>
> THE WILD WILD WEST:
> "The Night of the Golden Cobra". Maharajah Singh kidnaps West for very
> unprincely reasons: West is to tutor Singh's assassin sons in the ways
> of Western combat. I have no ideas what the point of this ep was!

To have Boris Karloff guest star.  Too bad they didn't give him a better
ep.

> SPACE'S DEEPEST SECRETS:
> "Death of the Solar System". The fate awaiting humankind and the
> technology needed to survive the end of Earth are examined. THIS show
> is what the new Cosmos should have been!

Free of Neil deGrasshole Tyson?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 15:30:00 -0500
anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> THE WILD WILD WEST:
>> "The Night of the Golden Cobra". Maharajah Singh kidnaps West for very
>> unprincely reasons: West is to tutor Singh's assassin sons in the ways
>> of Western combat. I have no ideas what the point of this ep was!
>
>To have Boris Karloff guest star.  Too bad they didn't give him a better
>ep.

I would have never known that was him! What a waste!

>> SPACE'S DEEPEST SECRETS:
>> "Death of the Solar System". The fate awaiting humankind and the
>> technology needed to survive the end of Earth are examined. THIS show
>> is what the new Cosmos should have been!
>
>Free of Neil deGrasshole Tyson?

By definition, yes.

have to audit liberals  & wire tap reporters' phones.

Next <
From: David Barnett <dbar3518@bigpond.net.au>
From: David Barnett <dbar3518@bigpond.net.au>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 08:30:09 +1100
In article<UBI20180102@dont-email.me>, weberm@polaris.net says...

> What did you watch?

On Tue Jan 2	I watched:

FREQUENCY: 3 more episodes via Netflix.

Beginning to feel like a CRIMINAL MINDS episode:
"Nightingale" is a serial killer.

--
David Barnett