> Prev
From: Buzzsaw Checkerling <buzzsaw01@aol.com>
Subject: Oscars Ratings Disaster Suggests Cultural Shift
Full headers:
From: "Buzzsaw Checkerling" <buzzsaw01@aol.com>
Newsgroups: alt.politics.trump,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.conservatism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics,alt.society.liberalism,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:12:07 +0000 (UTC)
The movie industry, once built on hopes and dreams, now scolds

by Tammy Bruce
March 8, 2018
Fox News

The catastrophe of the Oscars award telecast last Sunday is now
official: Ratings were the lowest in its history. Many conservatives,
like this columnist, chose to not watch as a statement rejecting the
increasingly politicized nature of the film Academy

From: Libtard <libtard@sandersnistas.org>
Full headers:
From: Libtard <libtard@sandersnistas.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.conservatism
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 17:17:01 -0000 (UTC)
]HXa.$qkbmg8f2x]00X,/hDOi1eR@I["MG~w@$#4dTAN$pO
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 15:12:07 +0000, Buzzsaw Checkerling wrote:

> The movie industry, once built on hopes and dreams, now scolds
>
> by Tammy Bruce March 8, 2018 Fox News
>
> The catastrophe of the Oscars award telecast last Sunday is now
> official: Ratings were the lowest in its history. Many conservatives,
> like this columnist, chose to not watch as a statement rejecting the
> increasingly politicized nature of the film Academy’s awards show.
>
> Yet, the ratings disaster this year is so significant — down a whopping
> 20 percent compared to last year — it suggests a significant cultural
> shift has occurred that portends a great loss not just for the
> entertainment industry, but for the nation as a whole.

Yeah, it's called DVRing and streaming. All broadcast TV ratings have been
sliding for years because of it.

> With this debacle, one would think its producers would snap to it and
> try to reverse the slide. Even the entertainment trade magazine Variety
> co-editor in chief vented on Twitter, “How low does the final ratings
> number have to be in order to prompt the Academy and ABC to freak out?
> Where is the bar set at which some serious changes will be made to the
> telecast format in order to reinvigorate the franchise?”

Like what, withholding streaming options and banning the PVR? People would
just pirate it. You can't turn back the clock.

> If they mean change the format that attacks half the population of the
> country to one that doesn’t, yes, that would be a good idea. But a
> change like that is not likely to come. For Hollywood, their rage at
> people who aren’t like them (conservatives, Trump supporters,
> Republicans, et al)

Oh, the irony! This whole Trump fiasco is a defiant fist of rage hoisted
by conservatives who hate and fear people who aren't like them (women,
gays, bisexual and transexual people, leftists, blacks, et. al.).

And why are they hoisting it? Because *we won*. This is a temper tantrum
by a bunch of sore losers who are on their way out history's door. A last
defiant outburst after being told to go sit in the corner and before
eventually complying.

From: Mr. B1ack <nowhere@nada.net>
Full headers:
From: Mr. B1ack <nowhere@nada.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.conservatism,alt.politics
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 17:00:47 -0500
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 17:17:01 -0000 (UTC), Libtard<libtard@sandersnistas.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 15:12:07 +0000, Buzzsaw Checkerling wrote:
>
>> The movie industry, once built on hopes and dreams, now scolds
>>
>> by Tammy Bruce March 8, 2018 Fox News
>>
>> The catastrophe of the Oscars award telecast last Sunday is now
>> official: Ratings were the lowest in its history. Many conservatives,
>> like this columnist, chose to not watch as a statement rejecting the
>> increasingly politicized nature of the film Academy?s awards show.
>>
>> Yet, the ratings disaster this year is so significant ? down a whopping
>> 20 percent compared to last year ? it suggests a significant cultural
>> shift has occurred that portends a great loss not just for the
>> entertainment industry, but for the nation as a whole.
>
>Yeah, it's called DVRing and streaming. All broadcast TV ratings have been
>sliding for years because of it.

   Ummmmm ... no.

   You're talking about how the content is OBTAINED.

   The Oscars are about who stars IN the content ...
   yer favorite glittering oh-so-smart-and-interesting
   celebs.

   Alas many of those celebs have disgraced themselves
   by saying all kinds of stupid hateful stuff of late. Just
   because they make a living PRETENDING to be
   smarter, more interesting, people doesn't mean
   THEY are actually smarter or more interesting.
   Just good at faking it.

   So, dump the commie SOBs.

   No doubt some AI programs can be refined to take
   the place of human actors - and hey, far cheaper
   and NO BULLSHIT to deal with  :-)

Next <
From: max headroom <andendtorightists@gop.net>
From: max headroom <andendtorightists@gop.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.conservatism
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 00:53:57 +0000 (UTC)
Buzzsaw Checkerling wrote:

>> The movie industry, once built on hopes and dreams, now scolds
>>
>> by Tammy Bruce March 8, 2018 Fox News
>>
>> The catastrophe of the Oscars award telecast last Sunday is now
>> official: Ratings were the lowest in its history. Many conservatives,
>> like this columnist, chose to not watch as a statement rejecting the
>> increasingly politicized nature of the film Academy’s awards show.
>>
>> Yet, the ratings disaster this year is so significant — down a whopping
>> 20 percent compared to last year — it suggests a significant cultural
>> shift has occurred that portends a great loss not just for the
>> entertainment industry, but for the nation as a whole.
>
> Yeah, it's called DVRing and streaming. All broadcast TV ratings have been
> sliding for years because of it.
>
>> With this debacle, one would think its producers would snap to it and
>> try to reverse the slide. Even the entertainment trade magazine Variety
>> co-editor in chief vented on Twitter, “How low does the final ratings
>> number have to be in order to prompt the Academy and ABC to freak out?
>> Where is the bar set at which some serious changes will be made to the
>> telecast format in order to reinvigorate the franchise?”
>
> Like what, withholding streaming options and banning the PVR? People would
> just pirate it. You can't turn back the clock.
>
>> If they mean change the format that attacks half the population of the
>> country to one that doesn’t, yes, that would be a good idea. But a
>> change like that is not likely to come. For Hollywood, their rage at
>> people who aren’t like them (conservatives, Trump supporters,
>> Republicans, et al)

General Robert E. Lee once said that "a dead rightist is a good rightist".
The Framers gave us the 2nd Amendment so we could defend the nation from
rightist opressors, preferably killing them.  A Golden Age for America.
Once the Republicans are defeated in the mid terms and Trump is indicted, the
retribution will come and rightists will be hanging by their necks from lamp
posts, dotting the landscape like potted plants.  God will not protect the
rightist come Judgement Day.

---

"A dead republican is a good republican"

- General Robert E. Lee