> Prev
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Today's premieres and other notes (Thursday, March 8)
Full headers:
From: Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:51:36 -0500
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.2
Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)

13 episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Jones_(season_2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/marvels-jessica-jones/season-2
[Metacritic score 72]

https://www.netflix.com/title/80002311

Bad Guys: Vile City       [new to US; complete season 1]       (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Ordered to take down a villainous business leader who controls the city,
a prosecutor gathers a team of men who may not be so clean themselves.
Korean TV series. 16 episodes according to Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Guys:_City_of_Evil

https://www.netflix.com/title/80214772

A spin-off of Bad Guys, also available on Netflix:

https://www.netflix.com/title/80178427

Ladies First        (documentary)          (3:01 am, Netflix)

Born amid poverty and limited women's rights in the village of Ratu,
India, Deepika Kumari rose to become the No.1 female archer in the world
at 18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6iqoFg-hyg

https://www.netflix.com/title/80219143

The Oath          [new; complete season 1]              (Crackle)

This intense Crackle Original drama series, starring Sean Bean and Ryan
Kwanten (True Blood), explores a unique breed of criminal gang—one made
up of the very men and women sworn to uphold the law. Only select police
officers make the cut, and once inducted, gang members will do whatever
they can to protect one another from enemies inside and outside their
ranks. Also stars Katrina Law (Arrow), JJ Soria (The Purge: Election
Year), Cory Hardrict (American Sniper, Gran Torino) and Arlen Escarpeta
(Final Destination 5). 10 episodes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7174764/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oath_(U.S._TV_series)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bQeD-JTgmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyzOpF74kY

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/03/crackle-the-oath-50-c...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2018/03/02/the-oath-review-...

https://www.crackle.com/the-oath

Liberation Day       (documentary)         (Sundance Now)

This astonishing, stranger-than-fiction documentary musical follows the
ex-Yugoslavian -- now Slovenian -- cult band Laibach who becomes the
first rock group ever to perform in the fortress state of North Korea.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Sundance-Now-Announces-E...

Champions        [new]          (9:30 pm, NBC)

The latest sitcom from the Mindy Project team of Mindy Kaling and
Charlie Grandy centers on two brothers (Anders Holm of Workaholics and
Andy Favreau of Aquarius) who share an apartment as well as an obsession
with working out. Their lives are turned upside down when one brother's
teenage son is dropped off on their doorstep by one of his high school
flings (played by Kaling, who will recur). Faster than you can say "My
Two Dads," they become a family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6470396/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_(U.S._TV_series)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/champions      [Metacritic score 65]

https://www.nbc.com/champions

Truck Night in America      [new]        (10 pm, History Channel)

It’s truck versus terrain, as 50 truck owners from across the United
States compete in grueling challenges that test their ingenuity and
driving ability in HISTORY’s new ten episode nonfiction competition series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMaOVYmph2o

		Tomorrow's advance notes:

A.I.C.O. Incarnation       [new to US; complete season 1]        (3:01
am, Netflix)

Everything Aiko knew was a lie. Now she's joining a team of Divers to
reach the place where the Burst began to stop it for good and save her
family. Anime.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80161848

Collateral        [new to US; miniseries]           (3:01 am, Netflix)

Investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective
uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and
spies. Stars Carey Mulligan, John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.
Four episodes; Netflix co-production first broadcast by BBC Two in
February 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collateral_(miniseries)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/collateral-2018

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/mar/06/from-mcmafia-to...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-03-06/what-was-the-point-of-...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJmjKv7WP7U

https://www.netflix.com/title/80185171

Love         (complete final season 3)            (3:01 am, Netflix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiAVK_T_aU

https://www.netflix.com/title/80026506

Nailed It       [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Netflix)

Comedian Nicole Byer and dessert master Jacques Torres host a
six-episode, lighthearted, amateur baking competition series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7CBZ952zs

https://www.netflix.com/title/80179138

The Outsider     (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)

An American soldier (Jared Leto) imprisoned in postwar Japan enters the
dark world of the yakuza, adopting their way of life in repayment for
his freedom.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2011311/

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-outsider-2018     [Metacritic score 33]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNcl2mEHzQ

https://www.netflix.com/title/80152434

Not this The Outsider:

https://www.netflix.com/title/70299803

Trolls: The Beat Goes On!        (complete season 2)           (3:01 am,
Netflix)

https://www.netflix.com/title/80117560

The Remix         [new; complete season 1]         (3:01 am, Amazon Prime)

An Amazon Prime Original, The Remix is a music challenge where popular
singers and DJs come together to give their unique spin to your
favourite Bollywood numbers. It's a multi-sensory treat that brings
together, top Bollywood songs remixed with unique acts, stunning
choreography and cutting edge visual design, we bet you've never seen
before. The result? Breathtaking performances that will get your heart
pumping and feet tapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNfRyWlO_c

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/The-Remix/B079TMH4CM

Sneaky Pete       (complete season 2)         (3:01 am, Amazon Prime)

 From the creator of Justified and Executive Producer Bryan Cranston
comes an exciting new series about a con-man, Marius (Giovanni Ribisi),
on the run from a vicious gangster. Marius hides by assuming the
identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, and takes cover with Pete's
estranged family – a colorful group (headed by Margo Martindale) with
well-guarded and dangerous secrets of their own.

Season 2: On the verge of starting fresh, Marius is dragged back into
the role of Pete Murphy when two thugs—believing he’s Pete—threaten to
kill the Bernhardts if he doesn’t take them to Pete’s estranged mother
and the millions she stole from their employer. Now Marius must tread a
dangerous line to find her and protect the family, all while keeping up
the Pete con.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5011816/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaky_Pete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpvLGuinB8o

Dynasty         (new night)          (8 pm, CW)

My Daughter Was Stolen   (movie)    (8 pm, LMN)

A mother's worst nightmare becomes reality when her five-year-old
daughter mysteriously disappears. Katie Boland, David Novak, Spencer
Moss, and Karynn Moore star.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6391874/

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-daughter-was-stolen

Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars Family Edition       (season 12)
  (9 pm, WE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVhNdMH35dU

--Robin

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:48:22 -0800
On 2018-03-08 17:51:36 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> 13 episodes.

YaY!!  :)

> 		Tomorrow's advance notes:
>

> Collateral        [new to US; miniseries]           (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective
> uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and
> spies. Stars Carey Mulligan, John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.
> Four episodes; Netflix co-production first broadcast by BBC Two in
> February 2018.

Possibly, though I don't exactly head to The Netflix to watch procedurals!!  :|

> The Outsider     (movie)         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> An American soldier (Jared Leto) imprisoned in postwar Japan enters the
> dark world of the yakuza, adopting their way of life in repayment for
> his freedom.

Might be worth watching... with nearly *any other* actor in the lead!!  :o

> Dynasty         (new night)          (8 pm, CW)

Friday nights is a *bad* place for this show - I have absolutely no
interest in watching this after a long work week...  :/

> My Daughter Was Stolen   (movie)    (8 pm, LMN)
>
> A mother's worst nightmare becomes reality when her five-year-old
> daughter mysteriously disappears. Katie Boland, David Novak, Spencer
> Moss, and Karynn Moore star.
> --Robin

Glad LMN is back.  :)   And will watch this, for sure, for Boland and Moore.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 13:08:01 -0700
In article<fgdbheFdig1U3@mid.individual.net>,
 Robin Miller<robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)

They're trying really hard to get me to watch this, and at this point I
think they've talked me out of it.

> 		Tomorrow's advance notes:

Thanks> --Robin

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 19:10:15 -0500
On 3/8/2018 12:51 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)

Yeah!

> Ladies First        (documentary)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Born amid poverty and limited women's rights in the village of Ratu,
> India, Deepika Kumari rose to become the No.1 female archer in the world
> at 18.

She should do a crossover episode with ARROW.

From: Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:18:03 -0800 (PST)
From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.com>
On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 4:10:17 PM UTC-8, Obveeus wrote:

> On 3/8/2018 12:51 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>
> > Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Yeah!
>
> > Ladies First        (documentary)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >
> > Born amid poverty and limited women's rights in the village of Ratu,
> > India, Deepika Kumari rose to become the No.1 female archer in the world
> > at 18.
>
> She should do a crossover episode with ARROW.

ARROW!!  :)

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:20:13 -0700
In article<28832e91-2704-4f6e-a136-78b84d27367c@googlegroups.com>,
 "Ian J. Ball"<ijball@mac.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 4:10:17 PM UTC-8, Obveeus wrote:
>
> > On 3/8/2018 12:51 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > > Marvel’s Jessica Jones     (complete season 2)       (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >
> > Yeah!
> >
> > > Ladies First        (documentary)          (3:01 am, Netflix)
> > >
> > > Born amid poverty and limited women's rights in the village of Ratu,
> > > India, Deepika Kumari rose to become the No.1 female archer in the world
> > > at 18.
> >
> > She should do a crossover episode with ARROW.
>
> ARROW!!  :)

Awful.

From: bob (but not that bob) <nobody@nowhere.net>
Full headers:
From: "bob (but not that bob)" <nobody@nowhere.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:36:13 -0500
Robin Miller wrote:

> Collateral        [new to US; miniseries]           (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective
> uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and
> spies. Stars Carey Mulligan, John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.
> Four episodes; Netflix co-production first broadcast by BBC Two in
> February 2018.

Not bad as a cop show untangling a murder, but the overpoweringly
pro-immigration theme may turn some off.

At least it gets wrapped up in 4.

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 20:11:09 -0800
On 2018-03-09 03:36:13 +0000, bob (but not that bob) said:

> Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>> Collateral        [new to US; miniseries]           (3:01 am, Netflix)
>>
>> Investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective
>> uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and
>> spies. Stars Carey Mulligan, John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.
>> Four episodes; Netflix co-production first broadcast by BBC Two in
>> February 2018.
>
> Not bad as a cop show untangling a murder, but the overpoweringly
> pro-immigration theme may turn some off.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll be giving this a miss, then.

Ian  (You want me to watch a show? - Stay the hell away from politics!)

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:27:50 -0700
In article <p7t1gt$ld5$2@dont-email.me>,
 Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-03-09 03:36:13 +0000, bob (but not that bob) said:
>
> > Robin Miller wrote:
> >>
> >> Collateral        [new to US; miniseries]           (3:01 am, Netflix)
> >>
> >> Investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective
> >> uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and
> >> spies. Stars Carey Mulligan, John Simm, Nicola Walker and Billie Piper.
> >> Four episodes; Netflix co-production first broadcast by BBC Two in
> >> February 2018.
> >
> > Not bad as a cop show untangling a murder, but the overpoweringly
> > pro-immigration theme may turn some off.
>
> Thanks for the heads up - I'll be giving this a miss, then.
>

> Ian  (You want me to watch a show? - Stay the hell away from politics!)

Or throw in *lots* of nekkid nudity.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Next <
Full headers:
From: "Jim G." <jimgysin@geemail.com.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 13:51:14 -0600
Ian J. Ball sent the following on 03/08/2018 at 10:11 PM:
> You want me to watch a show? - Stay the hell away from politics!

+1000.

"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE