From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: Jorja Fox ("CSI") joins CBS pilot
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:15:56 -0500

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Jorja Fox ("CSI") joins CBS pilot
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:31:28 -0700

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 03:32:08 -0000 (UTC)
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...

>>Jorja Fox To Star In Chiefs CBS Pilot, Sets CSI Reunion With Carol
>>Mendelsohn
>>by Nellie Andreeva

>>EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
>>returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
>>Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
>>been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
>>Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.

>>Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
>>professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
>>different women   De La Garza, Ellis, Fox  who are each Chiefs of
>>Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.

>Damn.  I love De La Garza, and have always liked Fox, but it's on the
>racist eye, so, I'm out.

The two women will kiss, leading to hot sex, and there will be nudity.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:27:00 -0700
In article <p7sv7o$b5m$1@dont-email.me>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> >David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...
> >>l-mendelsohn-cbs-1202319808/
>
> >>Jorja Fox To Star In Chiefs CBS Pilot, Sets CSI Reunion With Carol
> >>Mendelsohn
> >>by Nellie Andreeva
>
> >>EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
> >>returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
> >>Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
> >>been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
> >>Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.
>
> >>Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
> >>professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
> >>different women   De La Garza, Ellis, Fox  who are each Chiefs of
> >>Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.
>
> >Damn.  I love De La Garza, and have always liked Fox, but it's on the
> >racist eye, so, I'm out.
>
> The two women will kiss, leading to hot sex, and there will be nudity.

Argh!

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:42:19 -0800

From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:07:48 -0600

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 03:34:14 -0000 (UTC)
BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...

>>Jorja Fox To Star In Chiefs CBS Pilot, Sets CSI Reunion With Carol
>>Mendelsohn
>>by Nellie Andreeva

>>EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
>>returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
>>Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
>>been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
>>Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.

>>Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
>>professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
>>different women  - De La Garza, Ellis, Fox - who are each Chiefs of
>>Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.

>Well, this is stupid from its inception. There's only one police chief in a
>department. Individual precincts are helmed by captains.

Different suburbs?

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 08:48:00 -0800
In article <p7svbm$b5m$2@dont-email.me>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >David<dimlan17@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...
> >>l-mendelsohn-cbs-1202319808/
>
> >>Jorja Fox To Star In Chiefs CBS Pilot, Sets CSI Reunion With Carol
> >>Mendelsohn
> >>by Nellie Andreeva
>
> >>EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
> >>returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
> >>Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
> >>been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
> >>Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.
>
> >>Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
> >>professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
> >>different women  - De La Garza, Ellis, Fox - who are each Chiefs of
> >>Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.
>
> > Well, this is stupid from its inception. There's only one police chief
> > in a department. Individual precincts are helmed by captains.
>
> Different suburbs?

Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
the same department as Deadline's description indicates.

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 17:31:35 +0000 (UTC)
BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>Well, this is stupid from its inception. There's only one police chief
>>>in a department. Individual precincts are helmed by captains.

>>Different suburbs?

>Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
>chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
>municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
>the same department as Deadline's description indicates.

If it's a suburban police department, then it wouldn't be likely to have
police precincts, multiple station houses from which patrol officers are
dispatched. It's the wrong term. It doesn't sound like sheriff's police.

In large suburbs or even the largest county sheriff's police station, I
don't know of any around here that have more than one station house. A
few have storefronts that a patrol officer would sit in for a few hours
as a community police officer, but he's dispatched from the main station
house and that wouldn't be a precinct house.

I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 10:10:01 -0800
In article <p7ugdn$4te$2@news.albasani.net>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >>Different suburbs?
>
> >Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
> >chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
> >municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
> >the same department as Deadline's description indicates.
>
> If it's a suburban police department, then it wouldn't be likely to have
> police precincts, multiple station houses from which patrol officers are
> dispatched. It's the wrong term. It doesn't sound like sheriff's police.

Santa Monica has its main department station and a couple of outliers--
one down on the famous pier and another on the north end of town.

> In large suburbs or even the largest county sheriff's police station, I
> don't know of any around here that have more than one station house. A
> few have storefronts that a patrol officer would sit in for a few hours
> as a community police officer, but he's dispatched from the main station
> house and that wouldn't be a precinct house.
>
> I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
> precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.

LAPD has "divisions".

Rampart Division
Pacific Division
Hollywood Division
Hollenbeck Division
Wilshire Division
Van Nuys Division

Etc.

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 19:33:25 +0000 (UTC)
BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
>>>chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
>>>municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
>>>the same department as Deadline's description indicates.

>>If it's a suburban police department, then it wouldn't be likely to have
>>police precincts, multiple station houses from which patrol officers are
>>dispatched. It's the wrong term. It doesn't sound like sheriff's police.

>Santa Monica has its main department station and a couple of outliers--
>one down on the famous pier and another on the north end of town.

Interesting. Thanks. Do the cops report directly to the outlier
facilities without roll call at the main department? If they do, then
I'd consider that to be comparable to a "precinct".

>>In large suburbs or even the largest county sheriff's police station, I
>>don't know of any around here that have more than one station house. A
>>few have storefronts that a patrol officer would sit in for a few hours
>>as a community police officer, but he's dispatched from the main station
>>house and that wouldn't be a precinct house.

>>I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
>>precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.

>LAPD has "divisions".

>Rampart Division
>Pacific Division
>Hollywood Division
>Hollenbeck Division
>Wilshire Division
>Van Nuys Division

>Etc.

Thanks. For both patrol and detectives, or just detectives?

In Chicago, the O.W. Wilson reforms in the 1960s led to reorganization:

Patrol was put into 25 districts. With subsequent construction of new
police stations, that was reduced to 24. There were 5 new courthouses
built, mostly for misdomeanor arraignment but they can also do felony
arraignment, that each had a new police district station house built
in. The outlying courthouses have courtrooms with jury boxes but as far
as I know, it would be highly unusual to hold a trial. Also at those
buildings were area station houses. Patrol captains no longer supervised
detectives. Detectives were split into the 5 areas.

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:58:14 -0800
In article <p7uni5$l2c$2@news.albasani.net>,
 "Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >"Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> >>I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
> >>precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.
>
> >LAPD has "divisions".
>
> >Rampart Division
> >Pacific Division
> >Hollywood Division
> >Hollenbeck Division
> >Wilshire Division
> >Van Nuys Division
>
> >Etc.
>
> Thanks. For both patrol and detectives, or just detectives?

Each division has its own detective bureau. If you watch BOSCH, Harry
Bosch works the Hollywood Division detective beat.

But for high profile cases (OJ, the Manson murders, the recent string of
celebrity home invasion robberies, etc.) there's a headquarters
detective bureau called Robbery-Homicide Division, which takes such
cases from the other divisions and assumes control of those
investigations. They also take cases which cross division boundaries,
i.e., a killer or crew that operates all across the city.

The BOSCH show does a good job illustrating the politics involved with
RHD lifting a case from the division bureau and the antipathy it
generates among the division detectives who do all the grunt work on a
case only to have RHD take it away and get all the press and kudos when
it's solved.

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 03:12:16 -0000 (UTC)
BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman"<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>LAPD has "divisions".

>>>Rampart Division
>>>Pacific Division
>>>Hollywood Division
>>>Hollenbeck Division
>>>Wilshire Division
>>>Van Nuys Division

>>>Etc.

>>Thanks. For both patrol and detectives, or just detectives?

>Each division has its own detective bureau. If you watch BOSCH, Harry
>Bosch works the Hollywood Division detective beat.

Not an Amazon subscriber. Yes, I know it's been reviewed positively here
on Usenet. Surely Stepfanie Kramer has been there long enough that she's
been promoted to captain, no?

>But for high profile cases (OJ, the Manson murders, the recent string of
>celebrity home invasion robberies, etc.) there's a headquarters
>detective bureau called Robbery-Homicide Division, which takes such
>cases from the other divisions and assumes control of those
>investigations. They also take cases which cross division boundaries,
>i.e., a killer or crew that operates all across the city.

Ah, thanks. I didn't really Robbery-Homicide reported to headquarters.
I guess I thought that was a basic grouping of detectives at bureaus
throughout the city.

From: suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
Full headers:
From: suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 19:30:13 -0800
Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks. For both patrol and detectives, or just detectives?
>
>> Each division has its own detective bureau. If you watch BOSCH, Harry
>> Bosch works the Hollywood Division detective beat.
>
> Not an Amazon subscriber. Yes, I know it's been reviewed positively here
> on Usenet. Surely Stepfanie Kramer has been there long enough that she's
> been promoted to captain, no?

Read the books, they're good. And yeah, Marj does get a promotion.

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 08:11:29 -0500
On 2018-03-09 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...

>>> Different suburbs?
>
>> Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
>> chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
>> municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
>> the same department as Deadline's description indicates.
>
> If it's a suburban police department, then it wouldn't be likely to have
> police precincts, multiple station houses from which patrol officers are
> dispatched. It's the wrong term. It doesn't sound like sheriff's police.
>
> In large suburbs or even the largest county sheriff's police station, I
> don't know of any around here that have more than one station house. A
> few have storefronts that a patrol officer would sit in for a few hours
> as a community police officer, but he's dispatched from the main station
> house and that wouldn't be a precinct house.
>
> I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
> precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.

I believe LA calls their different police stations "divisions", as in
Ramparts Division, Hollywood Division, etc.

--
Rhino

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:04:36 -0700
In article <p80lhv$v0v$1@dont-email.me>,
 Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-09 12:31 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> > BTR1701<atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Sure, one could be the chief of Beverly Hills PD, one could the LAPD
> >> chief, one could be the chief of Santa Monica PD, but those are separate
> >> municipalities and separate departments altogether. Not precincts within
> >> the same department as Deadline's description indicates.
> >
> > If it's a suburban police department, then it wouldn't be likely to have
> > police precincts, multiple station houses from which patrol officers are
> > dispatched. It's the wrong term. It doesn't sound like sheriff's police.
> >
> > In large suburbs or even the largest county sheriff's police station, I
> > don't know of any around here that have more than one station house. A
> > few have storefronts that a patrol officer would sit in for a few hours
> > as a community police officer, but he's dispatched from the main station
> > house and that wouldn't be a precinct house.
> >
> > I don't even know if LA police department calls each police station a
> > precinct anyway; the term isn't used universally.
> >
> I believe LA calls their different police stations "divisions", as in
> Ramparts Division, Hollywood Division, etc.

"Divisions" was too divisive.  Now they're calling them "Inclusions"  :D

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 21:33:21 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 8 March 2018 14:15:56 UTC-5, David  wrote:

http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...

> Jorja Fox To Star In ‘Chiefs’ CBS Pilot, Sets ‘CSI’ Reunion With Carol
> Mendelsohn
> by Nellie Andreeva
>
> EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
> returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
> Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
> been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
> Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.
>
> Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
> professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
> different women  — De La Garza, Ellis, Fox — who are each Chiefs of
> Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.

"Aunjanue?"  Ebonic spelling of "ingenue?"

Next <
From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 15:50:52 +0000 (UTC)
RichA<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thursday, 8 March 2018 14:15:56 UTC-5, David wrote:

>>http://deadline.com/2018/03/jorja-fox-cast-chiefs-cbs-pilot-csi-reu...

>>Jorja Fox To Star In Chiefs CBS Pilot, Sets CSI Reunion With Carol
>>Mendelsohn
>>by Nellie Andreeva

>>EXCLUSIVE: Former CSI: Crime Scenes Investigation star Jorja Fox is
>>returning to CBS and reuniting with former CSI executive producer
>>Carol Mendelsogn for a starring role in drama pilot Chiefs. Fox has
>>been tapped as one of the three leads opposite Alana De La Garza and
>>Aunjanue Ellis in the pilot, from Mendelsohn and David Hudgins.

>>Written by Hudgins and directed by Zetna Fuentes, Chiefs explores the
>>professional and personal lives of three driven, successful but very
>>different women  — De La Garza, Ellis, Fox — who are each Chiefs of
>>Police of their own precincts in L.A. County.

>"Aunjanue?"  Ebonic spelling of "ingenue?"

You live in Canadadiddleania and you've never encountered anyone with a
French given name? Seriously, Rich?

Yes, Rich, it comes from a similar word in French and both share the
same Latin roots.

Glancing at Merriam-Webster on line, Thackeray's Vanity Fair novel from
1848 was the first use of ingenue in English literature, so the word
hadn't been imported into English during the Norman conquest.