From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Subject: History drama "Six" returns May 28th
From: David <dimlan17@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 15:12:33 -0500
http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: History drama "Six" returns May 28th
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:07:03 -0500
On 3/8/2018 3:12 PM, David wrote:
> http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
>
> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
> by Denise Petski
>
> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
> 30 at 10 PM.
>
> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>  From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>
> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
> guest star, Erik Palladino.

It seems important to refer to this as History *Channel*s drama...

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

Full headers:
From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:25:44 -0500
On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
> http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
>
> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
> by Denise Petski
>
> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
> 30 at 10 PM.
>
> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>  From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>
> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
> guest star, Erik Palladino.

The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
assuming he's left Six altogether.

--
Rhino

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 14:35:07 -0700
In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
 Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
> > http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
> > iere-date-1202320048/
> >
> > ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
> > by Denise Petski
> >
> > History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
> > special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
> > air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
> > 30 at 10 PM.
> >
> > Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
> >  From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
> > Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
> > shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
> > Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
> > join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
> > by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
> > territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
> > mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
> > chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
> > consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
> >
> > Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
> > Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
> > Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
> > previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
> > guest star, Erik Palladino.
> >
> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
> assuming he's left Six altogether.

I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn.  Should I be checking
this out?

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:11:36 -0600
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
>  Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
>>> http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
>>> iere-date-1202320048/
>>>
>>> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
>>> by Denise Petski
>>>
>>> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
>>> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
>>> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
>>> 30 at 10 PM.
>>>
>>> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>>> From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
>>> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
>>> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
>>> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
>>> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
>>> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
>>> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
>>> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
>>> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
>>> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>>>
>>> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
>>> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
>>> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
>>> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
>>> guest star, Erik Palladino.
>>>
>> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
>> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
>> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
>> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
>> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
>> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
>> assuming he's left Six altogether.
>
> I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn. Should I be checking
> this out?

I enjoyed the first season without her. Adding her in only makes me look
forward to it more.

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:23:35 -0800
On 2018-03-08 22:11:36 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
>>> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
>>> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
>>> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
>>> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
>>> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
>>> assuming he's left Six altogether.
>>
>> I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn. Should I be checking
>> this out?

I did not.

> I enjoyed the first season without her. Adding her in only makes me look
> forward to it more.

IMO, she's not enough to get me back to this, esp. without Goggins...

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:28:37 -0800
On 2018-03-08 23:23:35 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2018-03-08 22:11:36 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
>> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn. Should I be checking
>>> this out?

Damn - That should read:

From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Full headers:
From: BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 08:52:33 -0800
In article <p7sglo$tgf$2@dont-email.me>,
 Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-03-08 22:11:36 +0000, BTR1701 said:
>
> > anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn. Should I be checking
> >> this out?
>
> I did not.
>
> > I enjoyed the first season without her. Adding her in only makes me look
> > forward to it more.
>
> IMO, she's not enough to get me back to this, esp. without Goggins...

Goggins is good but he wasn't the only reason I watched the show.

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 12:23:00 -0800
On 2018-03-09 16:52:33 +0000, BTR1701 said:

> In article <p7sglo$tgf$2@dont-email.me>,
>  Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

>> I did not.
>>
>>> I enjoyed the first season without her. Adding her in only makes me look
>>> forward to it more.
>>
>> IMO, she's not enough to get me back to this, esp. without Goggins...
>
> Goggins is good but he wasn't the only reason I watched the show.

I guess I'm coming at this from the opposite perspective - "Six" was so
bad that Goggins was the only thing that kept me watching...  [shurg]

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:09:28 -0700
In article<kOCdnQIQo-6FKDzHnZ2dnUU7-TnNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
> >  Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> >> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
> >> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
> >> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
> >> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
> >> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
> >> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
> >> assuming he's left Six altogether.
> >
> > I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn. Should I be checking
> > this out?
>
> I enjoyed the first season without her. Adding her in only makes me look
> forward to it more.

TY

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 14:33:18 -0500
On 2018-03-08 4:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
>   Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
>>> http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
>>> iere-date-1202320048/
>>>
>>> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
>>> by Denise Petski
>>>
>>> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
>>> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
>>> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
>>> 30 at 10 PM.
>>>
>>> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>>>   From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
>>> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
>>> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
>>> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
>>> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
>>> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
>>> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
>>> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
>>> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
>>> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>>>
>>> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
>>> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
>>> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
>>> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
>>> guest star, Erik Palladino.
>>>
>> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
>> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
>> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
>> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
>> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
>> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
>> assuming he's left Six altogether.
>
> I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn.  Should I be checking
> this out?

If you like The Brave or Seal Team, you would probably like SIX. I
should warn you though that several people here complained that it was
soapier than they liked, i.e. there was too much time spent on the home
lives of the team members.

--
Rhino

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:30:58 -0700
In article <p7unhs$n49$1@dont-email.me>,
 Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> On 2018-03-08 4:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <p7s9op$mut$1@dont-email.me>,
> >   Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> >> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
> >> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
> >> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
> >> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
> >> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
> >> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
> >> assuming he's left Six altogether.
> >
> > I've never seen or heard of SIX but I like Munn.  Should I be checking
> > this out?
> >
> If you like The Brave or Seal Team, you would probably like SIX. I
> should warn you though that several people here complained that it was
> soapier than they liked, i.e. there was too much time spent on the home
> lives of the team members.

TY

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Next <
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Full headers:
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 15:22:46 -0800
On 2018-03-08 21:25:44 +0000, Rhino said:

> On 2018-03-08 3:12 PM, David wrote:
>> http://deadline.com/2018/03/six-history-navy-seal-drama-series-seas...
>>

>> ‘Six’: History’s Navy SEAL Drama Series Gets Season 2 Premiere Date
>> by Denise Petski
>>
>> History has slotted Memorial Day, Monday, May 28 at 10 PM for a
>> special premiere of its hit Navy SEAL drama series Six. It also will
>> air a second new episode during its regular timeslot on Wednesday May
>> 30 at 10 PM.
>>
>> Related'The Curse Of Civil War Gold' Premiere Hits Paydirt For History
>> From A+E Studios, the ten-episode second season follows Navy SEAL Team
>> Six in a mission to destroy the terrorist network responsible for the
>> shooting of their former team leader Richard “Rip” Taggart (Walton
>> Goggins). Led by Joe ‘Bear’ Graves (Barry Sloane), the Navy SEALS will
>> join forces with cunning and tenacious CIA officer Gina Cline, played
>> by newcomer Olivia Munn, to scour Eastern Europe, infiltrating hostile
>> territory and terrorist hotspots like Chechnya as they track the
>> mastermind behind Michael’s (Dominic Adams) jihadist network. The
>> chase will bring the Navy SEALs to the border of Russia, where the
>> consequences of their actions could spark World War III.
>>
>> Also returning for season two are series regulars Kyle Schmid, Juan
>> Pablo Raba, Edwin Hodge, Jaylen Moore, Brianne Davis and Nadine
>> Velazquez. In addition to Munn, newcomers to season two include
>> previously announced Eric Ladin and Nikolai Nikolaeff and recurring
>> guest star, Erik Palladino.
>>
> The one thing they don't make clear in this blurb is if Goggins is
> actually in this season or if his character actually died from his
> injuries. Based on what I'm seeing in IMDB, I think his character *did*
> die because Goggins only has 8 episodes credited while his castmates
> have 16. Season 1 was 8 episodes and apparently Season 2 is the same.
> Given his other projects, including a lead in L.A. Confidential, I'm
> assuming he's left Six altogether.

IMDb is notoriously unreliable for info like this, but I am not
expecting Goggins to return in a main cast role in season #2 of this
show.

Which is why I will almost certainly be skipping season #2 of "Six" -
"SEAL Team" is basically the same show, but done better, and a lot less
annoyingly than "Six" is...  ;p