> Prev
From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
Subject: Weinstein fights dismissal, Weinstein co. pulls movie
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 20:15:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release

31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »

The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid” from its Nov. 22 release date
with no explanation.

Box office tracker comScore confirmed the move Tuesday. TWC’s Dimension Films began production in
March in Nova Scotia on “Polaroid,” based on director Lars Klevberg’s short film about a high
school loner who stumbles upon a vintage Polaroid camera tainted with a dark secret. She soon
discovers the camera has the power to murder those who come in contact with it.

The cast includes Kathryn Prescott, Mitch Pileggi, Grace Zabriskie, Tyler Young, Keenan Tracey,
Samantha Logan, Priscilla Quintana, Madelaine Petsch, and Javier Botet. Producers are Roy Lee and
Chris Bender.

At the 2016 American Film Market, Klevberg and Lee made a presentation to buyers and touted the
fright factor for “Polaroid.” Lee, who helped develop “The Ring” and “The Grudge”
franchises, asserted that “Polaroid” would be a franchise starter. Weinstein’s brother Bob
Weinstein, founder and head of Dimension, »

- Dave McNary

See full article at Variety - Film News »

Harvey Weinstein Contests Termination From The Weinstein Co. in Arbitration

5 hours ago | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News
news »

Harvey Weinstein has served a demand for arbitration on The Weinstein Co. and is challenging his
termination. The demand was quietly filed at Jams on Oct. 25.

The revelation comes in a footnote in court papers filed Wednesday in Delaware Chancery Court.
There, Weinstein is demanding TWC hand over personnel and employment records.

TWC has now responded to Weinstein's request for expedited treatment by attacking his lawsuit as
"motivated by an improper, personal purpose" and "not in the Company's best interests for Weinstein
to have immediate access to the documents sought."

In his lawsuit, Weinstein references the many »

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 23:27:06 -0400
On 11/1/2017 11:15 PM, RichA wrote:
> The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release
>
> 31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »
>
> The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid” from its Nov. 22 release
date with no explanation.

Explanations other than someone pointing out to them that Halloween is
in October...and that Thanksgiving weekend horrors usually involve
relatives and turkey?

> Harvey Weinstein Contests Termination From The Weinstein Co. in Arbitration
>
> 5 hours ago | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News
news »

> Harvey Weinstein has served a demand for arbitration on The Weinstein Co. and is challenging his
termination. The demand was quietly filed at Jams on Oct. 25.

> The revelation comes in a footnote in court papers filed Wednesday in Delaware Chancery Court.
There, Weinstein is demanding TWC hand over personnel and employment records.

> TWC has now responded to Weinstein's request for expedited treatment by attacking his lawsuit as
"motivated by an improper, personal purpose" and "not in the Company's best interests for Weinstein
to have immediate access to the documents sought."

Um...really?  So the 'defense' doesn't have a right to access the
witnesses until after the 'prosecution' is done forming the narrative
for them?

Arbitration seems like a good route if the company is to be spared total
implosion.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 23:00:42 -0400
On 11/1/2017 11:27 PM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/1/2017 11:15 PM, RichA wrote:
>> The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release
>>
>> 31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent
>> Variety - Film News news »
>>
>> The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid”
>> from its Nov. 22 release date with no explanation.
>
> Explanations other than someone pointing out to them that Halloween is
> in October...and that Thanksgiving weekend horrors usually involve
> relatives and turkey?
>

>> Harvey Weinstein Contests Termination From The Weinstein Co. in
>> Arbitration
>>
>> 5 hours ago | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The
>> Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
>>
>> Harvey Weinstein has served a demand for arbitration on The Weinstein
>> Co. and is challenging his termination. The demand was quietly filed
>> at Jams on Oct. 25.
>>
>> The revelation comes in a footnote in court papers filed Wednesday in
>> Delaware Chancery Court. There, Weinstein is demanding TWC hand over
>> personnel and employment records.
>>
>> TWC has now responded to Weinstein's request for expedited treatment
>> by attacking his lawsuit as "motivated by an improper, personal
>> purpose" and "not in the Company's best interests for Weinstein to
>> have immediate access to the documents sought."
>
> Um...really?  So the 'defense' doesn't have a right to access the
> witnesses until after the 'prosecution' is done forming the narrative
> for them?
>
> Arbitration seems like a good route if the company is to be spared total
> implosion.

Paz De La Huerta (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the latest woman to accuse Harvey
Weinstein of rape...twice in 2010.  NYPD may bring charges in this case:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/boardwalk-empire-actress-clai...

(rec.arts.tv) added as a newsgroup.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 22:15:02 -0700
In article <otgm4o$197$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/1/2017 11:27 PM, Obveeus wrote:
> >
> > On 11/1/2017 11:15 PM, RichA wrote:
> >> The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release
> >>
> >> 31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent
> >> Variety - Film News news »
> >>
> >> The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid”
> >> from its Nov. 22 release date with no explanation.
> >
> > Explanations other than someone pointing out to them that Halloween is
> > in October...and that Thanksgiving weekend horrors usually involve
> > relatives and turkey?
> >

> >> Harvey Weinstein Contests Termination From The Weinstein Co. in
> >> Arbitration
> >>
> >> 5 hours ago | The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News | See recent The
> >> Hollywood Reporter - Movie News news »
> >>
> >> Harvey Weinstein has served a demand for arbitration on The Weinstein
> >> Co. and is challenging his termination. The demand was quietly filed
> >> at Jams on Oct. 25.
> >>
> >> The revelation comes in a footnote in court papers filed Wednesday in
> >> Delaware Chancery Court. There, Weinstein is demanding TWC hand over
> >> personnel and employment records.
> >>
> >> TWC has now responded to Weinstein's request for expedited treatment
> >> by attacking his lawsuit as "motivated by an improper, personal
> >> purpose" and "not in the Company's best interests for Weinstein to
> >> have immediate access to the documents sought."
> >
> > Um...really?  So the 'defense' doesn't have a right to access the
> > witnesses until after the 'prosecution' is done forming the narrative
> > for them?
> >
> > Arbitration seems like a good route if the company is to be spared total
> > implosion.
>
> Paz De La Huerta (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the latest woman to accuse Harvey
> Weinstein of rape...twice in 2010.  NYPD may bring charges in this case:
> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/boardwalk-empire-actress-clai...
> einstein-raped-her-twice-1054500
>
> (rec.arts.tv) added as a newsgroup.

Okay, so the first time, she invited him up to her apartment and he
raped her and she didn't tell anybody.

The second time, she invited him up to her apartment and did the deed
willingly, but is claiming she was too drunk to actually form consent.

Yeah, that's gonna be a tough prosecution.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 08:13:04 -0700
On 11/2/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <otgm4o$197$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> Explanations other than someone pointing out to them that Halloween is
>>> in October...and that Thanksgiving weekend horrors usually involve
>>> relatives and turkey?

>>> Um...really?  So the 'defense' doesn't have a right to access the
>>> witnesses until after the 'prosecution' is done forming the narrative
>>> for them?
>>>
>>> Arbitration seems like a good route if the company is to be spared total
>>> implosion.
>>
>> Paz De La Huerta (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the latest woman to accuse Harvey
>> Weinstein of rape...twice in 2010.  NYPD may bring charges in this case:
>> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/boardwalk-empire-actress-clai...
>> einstein-raped-her-twice-1054500
>>
>> (rec.arts.tv) added as a newsgroup.
>
> Okay, so the first time, she invited him up to her apartment and he
> raped her and she didn't tell anybody.
>
> The second time, she invited him up to her apartment and did the deed
> willingly, but is claiming she was too drunk to actually form consent.
>
> Yeah, that's gonna be a tough prosecution.

Much like PIV is rape, any social interaction with Harvey is rape.

instinct are running screaming.

From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Full headers:
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 14:15:52 -0400
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
In article <oti11u$g78$2@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 11/2/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <otgm4o$197$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Paz De La Huerta (BOARDWALK EMPIRE) is the latest woman to accuse Harvey
> >> Weinstein of rape...twice in 2010.  NYPD may bring charges in this case:
> >>
> >> http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/boardwalk-empire-actress-clai...
> >> y-w
> >> einstein-raped-her-twice-1054500
> >>
> >> (rec.arts.tv) added as a newsgroup.
> >
> > Okay, so the first time, she invited him up to her apartment and he
> > raped her and she didn't tell anybody.
> >
> > The second time, she invited him up to her apartment and did the deed
> > willingly, but is claiming she was too drunk to actually form consent.
> >
> > Yeah, that's gonna be a tough prosecution.
> >
> Much like PIV is rape, any social interaction with Harvey is rape.

Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
dalous-moments/11

And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
up for yourselves.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:32:31 -0400
On 11/3/2017 2:15 PM, A Friend wrote:

> Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:
>
> http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
> dalous-moments/11

Most of that Top10 list would help Paz De La Huerta in convincing a jury
that she drinks too much to give informed consent.  The bit about the
sauna, however, sounds like she could be accused of pulling a Weinstein
and sexually harassing someone that was just trying to do their job.

> And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
> up for yourselves.

Last night's episode of BETTER THINGS opened with something along the
lines of the words 'the dog is eating your pussy blood again'.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 12:28:35 -0700
In article <otico0$ep0$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/3/2017 2:15 PM, A Friend wrote:
>
> > Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:
> >
> > http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
> > dalous-moments/11

What a horrible site

> Most of that Top10 list would help Paz De La Huerta in convincing a jury
> that she drinks too much to give informed consent.  The bit about the
> sauna, however, sounds like she could be accused of pulling a Weinstein
> and sexually harassing someone that was just trying to do their job.
>
> > And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
> > up for yourselves.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/17649304-the-real-reason-why-paz-d...
huerta-was-fired-from-boardwalk-empire-ewww

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:55:56 -0700
On 11/3/2017 11:15 AM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <oti11u$g78$2@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler
><dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> On 11/2/2017 10:15 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> Okay, so the first time, she invited him up to her apartment and he
>>> raped her and she didn't tell anybody.
>>>
>>> The second time, she invited him up to her apartment and did the deed
>>> willingly, but is claiming she was too drunk to actually form consent.
>>>
>>> Yeah, that's gonna be a tough prosecution.
>>>
>> Much like PIV is rape, any social interaction with Harvey is rape.
>
> Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:
>
> http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
> dalous-moments/11
>
> And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
> up for yourselves.

No thank you.

instinct are running screaming.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 17:35:19 -0700
In article <otie3q$l11$3@dont-email.me>,
 Dimensional Traveler<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 11/3/2017 11:15 AM, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <oti11u$g78$2@dont-email.me>, Dimensional Traveler
> ><dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

> >> Much like PIV is rape, any social interaction with Harvey is rape.
> >
> > Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:
> >
> > http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
> > dalous-moments/11
> >
> > And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
> > up for yourselves.
> >
> No thank you.

It's almost worth it for the comments, 100% of which call 'bullshit' on
the story.

From: Neill Massello <nmassello@yahoo.com>
From: nmassello@yahoo.com (Neill Massello)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 14:32:25 -0600
A Friend<nope@noway.com> wrote:

> Paz is probably going to have a tough time on the stand:
>
> http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/02/paz-de-la-huerta-10-most...
> dalous-moments/11
>
> And then there's the story about the tampon, which you are free to look
> up for yourselves.

You don't think that a delusional, exhibitionistic nymphomaniac would
make an excellent complaining witness in a rape case? Sexist!

Next <
From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 23:48:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 11:15:20 PM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
> The Weinstein Company Pulls Horror Movie ‘Polaroid’ From November Release
>
> 31 October 2017 7:04 PM, PDT | Variety - Film News | See recent Variety - Film News news »
>
> The Weinstein Company has removed horror-thriller movie “Polaroid” from its Nov. 22 release
date with no explanation.

I know little about this and care even less.  But from a business perspective I would suggest
shutting down this company, cutting all ties to Weinstein and re-launching with a new name
and management team.

Irish Mike