> Prev
From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
Subject: One of the best Westerns you may have missed
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 19:30:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com>
I like Westerns - always have.  Unfortunately many of them are pretty
terrible.  When you do a search for the five or ten greatest Westerns of all time
you always see "The Searchers", "Unforgiven", some old Spaghetti Westerns, etc.
But one of my favorites, which is often omitted from the lists,  is a 2008 film called
 "Appaloosa" with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen.  IMHO, it has some of the most realistic
 Western shoot-out scenes. Now I'm not calling it the best Western ever, but it definitely
deserves to be in any top  five or ten list.

Just one man's opinion.

Irish Mike

Next <
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Subject: Re: One of the best Westerns you may have missed
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 09:42:18 -0500
On 11/5/2017 10:30 PM, Irish Ranger wrote:
> I like Westerns - always have.  Unfortunately many of them are pretty
> terrible.  When you do a search for the five or ten greatest Westerns of all time
> you always see "The Searchers", "Unforgiven", some old Spaghetti Westerns, etc.
> But one of my favorites, which is often omitted from the lists,  is a 2008 film called
>   "Appaloosa" with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen.  IMHO, it has some of the most realistic
>   Western shoot-out scenes. Now I'm not calling it the best Western ever, but it definitely
> deserves to be in any top  five or ten list.
>
> Just one man's opinion.

A Robt. B. Parker novel -- and it's too bad they never did the sequels.

--

   YOUR taste at work...