> Prev
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones aChild Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a
Child Rapist
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 21:16:41 -0600
http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/

Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
Kasdan)

G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
when she was eleven.

L — And he was forty-two.

G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
strange relationship.

S — She had better be older than twenty-two.

G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
the time.

S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.

G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--

S — She has pictures of him.

One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.

The other is... blecccch.

From: reilloc <reilloc@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: reilloc <reilloc@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana Jones a Child
Rapist
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 22:06:45 -0600
On 11/6/2017 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>
> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
> Kasdan)
>
> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
> when she was eleven.
>
> L — And he was forty-two.
>
> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
> strange relationship.
>
> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>
> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
> the time.
>
> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>
> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>
> S — She has pictures of him.
>
> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>
> The other is... blecccch.

I think I recognize you as one of the wingnuts who lurks around here,
right? Tell us, how old was Mary when god got her pregnant? Not thought
about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.

LNC

From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: Lucas & Spielberg Originally Wanted to Make Indiana
Jones a Child Rapist
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 22:44:06 -0600
reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/6/2017 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>>
>> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
>> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
>> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
>> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
>> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
>> Kasdan)
>>
>> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
>> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
>> when she was eleven.
>>
>> L — And he was forty-two.
>>
>> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
>> strange relationship.
>>
>> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>>
>> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
>> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
>> the time.
>>
>> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>>
>> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
>> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
>> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
>> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>>
>> S — She has pictures of him.
>>
>> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
>> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
>> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
>> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>>
>> The other is... blecccch.
>>

> I think I recognize you as one of the wingnuts who lurks around here,
> right?

Nope. Try again, chief.

> Tell us, how old was Mary when god got her pregnant?

Well, considering that didn't actually happen and the god you refer to is
no more real than Zeus or Quetzalcoatl, I'd say it's an irrelevancy here.

> Not thought about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.

That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 04:14:15 -0600
On 11/6/17 10:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Not thought about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.
>
> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.

Which is ironic since you act like you were born in a manger.

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 07:51:43 -0500
On 11/7/17 5:14 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 11/6/17 10:44 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Not thought about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did
>>> it.
>>
>> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.
>

> Which is ironic since you act like you were born in a manger.

And he spends half of his time here pretending he's nailed to a cross.

--
"Donald Trump tweeted earlier today, 'It is so nice that the shackles
have been taken off me...' The only thing that ever shackled you was the

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:15:40 -0600
On 11/7/2017 6:51 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 11/7/17 5:14 AM, trotsky wrote:

>>> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.
>>

>> Which is ironic since you act like you were born in a manger.
>
> And he spends half of his time here pretending he's nailed to a cross.

Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 08:45:09 -0700
In article<gt-dnU8dL-GLp5zHnZ2dnUU7-SvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/6/2017 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> >> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
> >>
> >> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
> >> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
> >> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
> >> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
> >> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
> >> Kasdan)
> >>
> >> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
> >> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
> >> when she was eleven.
> >>
> >> L — And he was forty-two.
> >>
> >> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
> >> strange relationship.
> >>
> >> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
> >>
> >> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
> >> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
> >> the time.
> >>
> >> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
> >>
> >> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
> >> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
> >> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
> >> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
> >>
> >> S — She has pictures of him.
> >>
> >> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
> >> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
> >> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
> >> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
> >>
> >> The other is... blecccch.
> >>

> > I think I recognize you as one of the wingnuts who lurks around here,
> > right?
>
> Nope. Try again, chief.
>
> > Tell us, how old was Mary when god got her pregnant?
>
> Well, considering that didn't actually happen and the god you refer to is
> no more real than Zeus or Quetzalcoatl, I'd say it's an irrelevancy here.
>
> > Not thought about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.
>
> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.

Hey!  You take that back!

About Indiana Jones.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 11:01:05 -0500
On 11/7/2017 10:45 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article<gt-dnU8dL-GLp5zHnZ2dnUU7-SvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
>   BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think I recognize you as one of the wingnuts who lurks around here,
>>> right?
>>
>> Nope. Try again, chief.
>>
>>> Tell us, how old was Mary when god got her pregnant?
>>
>> Well, considering that didn't actually happen and the god you refer to is
>> no more real than Zeus or Quetzalcoatl, I'd say it's an irrelevancy here.
>>
>>> Not thought about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.
>>
>> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.
>
> Hey!  You take that back!
>

> About Indiana Jones.

At the very least, we know that Indiana Jones really does crash planes.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 09:07:14 -0700
In article <otslbv$ogd$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/7/2017 10:45 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article<gt-dnU8dL-GLp5zHnZ2dnUU7-SvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> >   BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> Nope. Try again, chief.

> >> Well, considering that didn't actually happen and the god you refer to is
> >> no more real than Zeus or Quetzalcoatl, I'd say it's an irrelevancy here.

> >> That god/Mary crap is just as fictional as Indiana Jones.
> >
> > Hey!  You take that back!
> >

> > About Indiana Jones.
>
> At the very least, we know that Indiana Jones really does crash planes.

Yeah!

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 04:45:48 -0000 (UTC)
reilloc<reilloc@gmail.com> wrote:

>I think I recognize you as one of the wingnuts who lurks around here,
>right? Tell us, how old was Mary when god got her pregnant? Not thought
>about it; not kicked it around in a movie discussion; did it.

>LNC

Oh look! it's seamus

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Child Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 04:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/

>Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
>Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
>ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
>but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
>discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
>Kasdan) . . .

Wow. The little girl is promiscuous, comes on to the adult. That's what
makes it so interesting!

Early drafts are rough!

From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:25:50 -0500
From: A Friend <nope@noway.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
In article<ys2dnV-zHs8EuJzHnZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>
> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
> Kasdan)
>
> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
> when she was eleven.
>
> L — And he was forty-two.
>
> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
> strange relationship.
>
> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>
> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
> the time.
>
> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>
> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>
> S — She has pictures of him.
>
> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>
> The other is... blecccch.

I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
goes to black.  Holy shit.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 23:49:15 -0500
On 11/6/2017 11:25 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article<ys2dnV-zHs8EuJzHnZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
><no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>>
>> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
>> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
>> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
>> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
>> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
>> Kasdan)
>>
>> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
>> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
>> when she was eleven.
>>
>> L — And he was forty-two.
>>
>> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
>> strange relationship.
>>
>> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>>
>> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
>> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
>> the time.
>>
>> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>>
>> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
>> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
>> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
>> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>>
>> S — She has pictures of him.
>>
>> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
>> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
>> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
>> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>>
>> The other is... blecccch.
>

> I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
> Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
> related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
> castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
> place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
> her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
> she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
> broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
> goes to black.  Holy shit.

Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

From: Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com>
Full headers:
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 05:28:33 -0000 (UTC)
Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
>'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
>mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
>heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

My little brother was an adorable kid. He used to flirt with waitresses
whenever we ate out. My parents thought it was cute, and the waitresses
played along. He was a pre-teen.

Shit. I had no idea I was witnessing child exploitation.

From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Jones a Child Rapist
From: BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:42:54 -0600
Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
> 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
> mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
> heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

Patton Oswalt made a series of jokes about that same kid during the
STRANGER THINGS Comic Con panel, at which he was the moderator. Basically,
a riff on how the kid has the perfect 80s porn name-- Finn Wolfhard.

https://twitter.com/loserkidsclub/status/926493578796457984

He's now doing the ritual mea culpa:

"I thought I️ was being funny, but was actually a graceless asshole. I've
since apologized and, I hope, learned."

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 08:39:18 -0500
On 11/7/2017 12:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
>> 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
>> mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
>> heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

> Patton Oswalt made a series of jokes about that same kid during the
> STRANGER THINGS Comic Con panel, at which he was the moderator. Basically,
> a riff on how the kid has the perfect 80s porn name-- Finn Wolfhard.
>
> https://twitter.com/loserkidsclub/status/926493578796457984
>
> He's now doing the ritual mea culpa:
>
> "I thought I️ was being funny, but was actually a graceless asshole. I've
> since apologized and, I hope, learned."

The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes about
his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots of
comedy is all about).

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:20:27 -0500
On 11/7/2017 8:39 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/7/2017 12:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
>>> 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
>>> mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
>>> heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

>> Patton Oswalt made a series of jokes about that same kid during the
>> STRANGER THINGS Comic Con panel, at which he was the moderator.
>> Basically,
>> a riff on how the kid has the perfect 80s porn name-- Finn Wolfhard.
>>
>> https://twitter.com/loserkidsclub/status/926493578796457984
>>
>> He's now doing the ritual mea culpa:
>>
>> "I thought I️ was being funny, but was actually a graceless asshole. I've
>> since apologized and, I hope, learned."
>
> The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes about
> his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
> 'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
> reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
> name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots of
> comedy is all about).

I'm not picking up that the kid was clearly annoyed.  Nor would I expect
him to be, as the topic can hardly have taken anyone by surprise.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:40:32 -0500
On 11/7/2017 9:20 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/7/2017 8:39 AM, Obveeus wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

>>> Patton Oswalt made a series of jokes about that same kid during the
>>> STRANGER THINGS Comic Con panel, at which he was the moderator.
>>> Basically,
>>> a riff on how the kid has the perfect 80s porn name-- Finn Wolfhard.
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/loserkidsclub/status/926493578796457984
>>>
>>> He's now doing the ritual mea culpa:
>>>
>>> "I thought I️ was being funny, but was actually a graceless asshole.
>>> I've
>>> since apologized and, I hope, learned."
>>
>> The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes about
>> his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
>> 'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
>> reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
>> name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots of
>> comedy is all about).
>
> I'm not picking up that the kid was clearly annoyed.

You couldn't detect sarcasm in the kid's voice when he thanked Oswalt
for that comment?

> Nor would I expect
> him to be, as the topic can hardly have taken anyone by surprise.

Really?  You don't think that it is surprising for the emcee to make fun
of the kid's name and try and reference it to porn?

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:04:41 -0500
On 11/7/2017 9:40 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/7/2017 9:20 AM, moviePig wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

>>> The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes
>>> about his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
>>> 'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
>>> reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
>>> name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots
>>> of comedy is all about).
>>
>> I'm not picking up that the kid was clearly annoyed.
>
> You couldn't detect sarcasm in the kid's voice when he thanked Oswalt
> for that comment?
>
>> Nor would I expect him to be, as the topic can hardly have taken
>> anyone by surprise.
>
> Really?  You don't think that it is surprising for the emcee to make fun
> of the kid's name and try and reference it to porn?

I've watched -- and tried to hear -- it several times now, and, no, I
can't divine any more than mock annoyance.  For one thing, the ambiance
was possibly the most congenial in which he's heard the joke.  I'd be
quite surprised to learn that his reaction was sincerely averse.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
From: FPP <fredp151@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 17:55:23 -0500
On 11/7/17 9:40 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/7/2017 9:20 AM, moviePig wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...

>>> The kid was clearly annoyed, probably because he has heard jokes
>>> about his last name before.  I'm not sure this is the same kind of
>>> 'sexualizing children' that the model did to this kid (also a much
>>> reused joke common to society).  Patton Oswald's joke is aimed at the
>>> name/word, not the kid...but still in bad taste (which is what lots
>>> of comedy is all about).
>>
>> I'm not picking up that the kid was clearly annoyed.
>
> You couldn't detect sarcasm in the kid's voice when he thanked Oswalt
> for that comment?
>
>> Nor would I expect him to be, as the topic can hardly have taken
>> anyone by surprise.
>
> Really?  You don't think that it is surprising for the emcee to make fun
> of the kid's name and try and reference it to porn?

Only when the President does it, is it NOT surprising...

I've been told that kids that age "know life"...

--
"Tinkle, tinkle little Czar, Putin put you where you are." -George Takei

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 08:43:39 -0700
In article<e5WdncmsiNND2pzHnZ2dnUU7-KvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 BTR1701<no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:
> >
> > Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
> > 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
> > mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
> > heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:
> >
> > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...
> > ting-Finn-Wolfhard-joke.html
>
> Patton Oswalt made a series of jokes about that same kid during the
> STRANGER THINGS Comic Con panel, at which he was the moderator. Basically,
> a riff on how the kid has the perfect 80s porn name-- Finn Wolfhard.
>
> https://twitter.com/loserkidsclub/status/926493578796457984
>
> He's now doing the ritual mea culpa:
>
> "I thought I? was being funny, but was actually a graceless asshole. I've
> since apologized and, I hope, learned."

I doubt he's learned.  I think 'graceless asshole' is the most he can
ever aspire to be.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2017 08:42:59 -0700
In article <otre0b$d6c$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >

> > I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
> > Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
> > related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
> > castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
> > place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
> > her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
> > she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
> > broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
> > goes to black.  Holy shit.
>
> Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
> 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
> mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
> heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:

Jesus, he looks older than her.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:59:54 -0500
On 11/7/2017 10:42 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <otre0b$d6c$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>> Earlier today I read about the first woman getting caught up in this
>> 'sexual harassment of underage kids' Hollywood outing festival.  Never
>> mind that all she did was make a joke on the internet...a joke we've
>> heard many, many times before including on this newsgroup:
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5053683/Ali-Michael-slamm...
>> ng-Finn-Wolfhard-joke.html
>
> Jesus, he looks older than her.

True...but a bit hard to gauge exactly since the two photos of her
consist of one undated cover photo and one runway photo from 7 years
ago.  You would think that a news article attempting to make her look
like a sexual predator could at least use a current photo of her since
this is a current story.

Similarly, I saw a new article a couple days ago about Richard
Dreyfuss's kid claiming that he was sexually harassed by Kevin Spacey
when he was 18 years old...and just to prove how sick that was the
'news' article included a photo of the Dreyfuss kid at age 10.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:15:18 -0500
On 11/6/2017 11:25 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article<ys2dnV-zHs8EuJzHnZ2dnUU7-T_NnZ2d@giganews.com>, BTR1701
><no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>>
>> Recently, a transcript has surfaced of the story conference between George
>> Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Lawrence Kasdan, in which they hammer out the
>> ideas for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. At 126 pages, there's much to digest,
>> but some may find this bit of dialog a bit hard to swallow, as the trio
>> discusses Marion, Indy's love interest. (G is Lucas, S, Spielberg and L,
>> Kasdan)
>>
>> G — I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could
>> have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her
>> when she was eleven.
>>
>> L — And he was forty-two.
>>
>> G — He hasn't seen her in twelve years. Now she's twenty-two. It's a real
>> strange relationship.
>>
>> S — She had better be older than twenty-two.
>>
>> G — He's thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five
>> and she was only twelve. It would be amusing to make her slightly young at
>> the time.
>>
>> S — And promiscuous. She came onto him.
>>
>> G — Fifteen is right on the edge. I know it's an outrageous idea, but it is
>> interesting. Once she's sixteen or seventeen, it's not interesting anymore.
>> But if she was fifteen and he was twenty-five and they actually had an
>> affair the last time they met. And she was madly in love with him and he--
>>
>> S — She has pictures of him.
>>
>> One thing that springs to mind is that this is a bit like the relationship
>> between Carol (14-year-old Mackenzie Phillips) and John Milner (Paul Le
>> Mat) who goes on a drag race against Bob Falfa (Harrison Ford) in Lucas's
>> AMERICAN GRAFFITI, so this idea must have had some appeal to Lucas.
>>
>> The other is... blecccch.
>

> I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
> Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
> related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
> castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
> place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
> her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
> she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
> broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
> goes to black.  Holy shit.

But those were the days when the popular notion of marriage extended
only as far as the young couple running through flurries of rice down
the church steps, always well before sundown.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:37:19 -0500
On 11/7/2017 9:15 AM, moviePig wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> The other is... blecccch.
>>

>> I have in mind the end of THE CANTERVILLE GHOST, the 1944 remake with
>> Robert Young and Margaret O'Brien.  Young and O'Brien play distantly
>> related cousins, both the descendants of a ghost that haunts O'Brien's
>> castle.  At the very end, with the ghost liberated to seek his proper
>> place in the hereafter, Young picks up seven-year-old O'Brien and holds
>> her close in friendly fashion.  O'Brien says, very seriously, that
>> she'll be old enough to marry him in, like, eleven years.  Young grins
>> broadly (yep! he seems to be saying), the music swells, and the film
>> goes to black.  Holy shit.
>
> But those were the days when the popular notion of marriage extended
> only as far as the young couple running through flurries of rice down
> the church steps, always well before sundown.

26 states have no minimum age requirement for marriage:
http://apps.frontline.org/child-marriage-by-the-numbers/

QUOTE:
The youngest children to marry were three 10-year-old girls in Tennessee
in 2001, who were married to men ages 24, 25, and 31
:UNQUOTE

Since January 1st, 2000, kids 13 and under have gotten married in
Alabama, Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi,
Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Carolina,
Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.

985 children, age 14, were married since January 1st, 2000.

31 adults over age 60 got married to minors since January 1st, 2000.  In
alabama, a 74 year old man married a 14 year old girl.

In Massachusetts girls can marry at age 12, boys at age 14 with
court/parent consent.

In Mississippi, a person has to be 21 years old before they can get
married without their parent's permission.

From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Full headers:
Rapist
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 04:13:17 -0600
On 11/6/17 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/

They would've had to call him Alabama Jones.

From: jgrove24 <jgrove24@hotmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:11:29 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 4:13:20 AM UTC-6, Greg Singh wrote:
> On 11/6/17 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>

> They would've had to call him Alabama Jones.

Instead Harrison Ford became a hack propeller airplane hobbyist crashing into SoCal airports.

Full headers:
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Child Rapist
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 00:40:55 -0000 (UTC)
In message<ea7a74ea-7c7a-4e89-ae86-7a40197d379d@googlegroups.com> jgrove24@hotmail.com<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 4:13:20 AM UTC-6, Greg Singh wrote:
>> On 11/6/17 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> > http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>>

>> They would've had to call him Alabama Jones.

> Instead Harrison Ford became a hack propeller airplane hobbyist crashing into SoCal airports.

You're an ignorant asshole.

--
When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is

From: jgrove24 <jgrove24@hotmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 16:49:09 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com
On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 6:40:57 PM UTC-6, Lewis wrote:
> In message<ea7a74ea-7c7a-4e89-ae86-7a40197d379d@googlegroups.com> jgrove24@hotmail.com<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> They would've had to call him Alabama Jones.
>
> > Instead Harrison Ford became a hack propeller airplane hobbyist crashing into SoCal airports.
>
> You're an ignorant asshole.

OK, technically he did LAND at SNA, just on the taxiway.

Full headers:
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Child Rapist
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 05:21:02 -0000 (UTC)
In message<e417a47d-026b-43ac-ba83-ffd6ccaa231d@googlegroups.com> jgrove24@hotmail.com<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 6:40:57 PM UTC-6, Lewis wrote:

>> > Instead Harrison Ford became a hack propeller airplane hobbyist crashing into SoCal airports.
>>
>> You're an ignorant asshole.

> OK, technically he did LAND at SNA, just on the taxiway.

Ford is an accomplished pilot who has used his own helicopter in search
and rescue operations for decades. Many people lost in the wilderness of
Wyoming have been shocked to be rescued by "Indiana Jones".

Unlike a lot of people, he doesn't talk about this and doesn't use it as
a photo op to make himself look good, it's just something that he does
and has done for many years.

--
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU>

From: jgrove24 <jgrove24@hotmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:43:12 -0800 (PST)
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com
On Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 11:21:05 PM UTC-6, Lewis wrote:
> In message<e417a47d-026b-43ac-ba83-ffd6ccaa231d@googlegroups.com> jgrove24@hotmail.com<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> You're an ignorant asshole.
>
> > OK, technically he did LAND at SNA, just on the taxiway.
>
> Ford is an accomplished pilot who has used his own helicopter in search
> and rescue operations for decades. Many people lost in the wilderness of
> Wyoming have been shocked to be rescued by "Indiana Jones".
>
> Unlike a lot of people, he doesn't talk about this and doesn't use it as
> a photo op to make himself look good, it's just something that he does
> and has done for many years.

Nice photo of his car wreck rescue near Santa Barbara. How convenient.

From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 00:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
On Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 12:21:05 AM UTC-5, Lewis wrote:
> In message<e417a47d-026b-43ac-ba83-ffd6ccaa231d@googlegroups.com> jgrove24@hotmail.com<jgrove24@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> You're an ignorant asshole.
>
> > OK, technically he did LAND at SNA, just on the taxiway.
>
> Ford is an accomplished pilot who has used his own helicopter in search
> and rescue operations for decades. Many people lost in the wilderness of
> Wyoming have been shocked to be rescued by "Indiana Jones".
>
> Unlike a lot of people, he doesn't talk about this and doesn't use it as
> a photo op to make himself look good, it's just something that he does
> and has done for many years.
>

> --
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFU>

Ford has never been one to act Hollywood.

Next <
From: reilloc <reilloc@gmail.com>
Full headers:
From: reilloc <reilloc@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Rapist
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 08:59:59 -0600
On 11/7/2017 4:13 AM, trotsky wrote:
> On 11/6/17 9:16 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> http://www.comicsbeat.com/indiana-jones-child-molester/
>

> They would've had to call him Alabama Jones.

(rimshot)

LNC