> Prev
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD reshoots
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 00:14:46 -0500
Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Subject: Re: ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD reshoots
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 22:27:23 -0700
In article <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
> of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...
> -money-world-following-assault-allegations/846901001/

Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
all ever again.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <@ednolan>
From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: 9 Nov 2017 05:54:00 GMT
In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>In article <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
>> of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...
>> -money-world-following-assault-allegations/846901001/
>
>Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
>all ever again.

Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
--
------
columbiaclosings.com

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 08:46:49 -0500
On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> In article <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
>>> of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...
>>> -money-world-following-assault-allegations/846901001/
>>
>> Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
>> all ever again.
>>

> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?

I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
re-shooting is a horrible precedent.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 06:56:42 -0700
In article <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> > In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
> > anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> >> Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
> >> all ever again.
> >>

> > Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
> > and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
>
> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.

And, again, this is all a reaction to unproven accusations?

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:26:33 -0500
On 11/9/2017 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

>>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
>>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
>>
>> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
>> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
>> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
>> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
>
> And, again, this is all a reaction to unproven accusations?

I think a large part of it is a reaction to the false claims of
'pedophilia'.

Meanwhile, here is a list of the 14 claims against Spacey:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2017/11/07/kevin-spacey-scandal-...

The original claim claim from Anthony Rapp...a claim that 30 years ago a
drunk Spacey climbed on top of Anthony while Anthony waited in his
bedroom after a party.  No claim of anything happening was given, just
that Rapp squirmed away and left.  Most of the claims are from people
that say Spacey was grabby (often in dating
situations/environments)...though in nearly every case they also point
out that the didn't complain or tell his to stop...and that if/when they
did tell him to stop he did.  Some of the claims are silly/stupid stuff
such as 'Spacey had a friend of his ask me if I wanted to have sex with
him' and 'Spacey gave me and my friend alcohol and let us watch porn at
his house when we were under age)'.  The most egregious claims come from

1.  30+ year old Tony Montana who says that a drunken Spacey grabbed his
crotch in a bar.

2. A production assistant on HOUSE OF CARS who Spacey grabbed in the
crotch while they were driving to the set.  This is the one work related
accusation that seems fireable...though it also sounds like the
production assistant complained and Spacey was reprimanded and forced to
take HR 'classes' of some sort.

3. An 'anonymous New York artist' who say that he and Spacey met in a
park several times and hooked up and declared their love for each other
(this person was 14 at the time and Spacey was 24).  After a few hook up
dates, they didn't see each other for a year and when they hooked up
once again Spacey tried to have anal sex with the guy and he said no and
so Spacey never saw him again and so he considers Spacey to be a
pedophile rapist despite the fact that he wasn't a pre-pubescent kid and
wasn't raped and he was obviously going to the park to hook up with
Spacey (or whatever other gay men were there for hookups) and was trying
to have a relationship with Spacey at the time.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:16:31 -0700
In article <ou1oiq$tmk$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 8:56 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
> >> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
> >> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
> >> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
> >
> > And, again, this is all a reaction to unproven accusations?
>
> I think a large part of it is a reaction to the false claims of
> 'pedophilia'.
>
> Meanwhile, here is a list of the 14 claims against Spacey:
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2017/11/07/kevin-spacey-scandal-...
> ist-13-accusers/835739001/
>
> The original claim claim from Anthony Rapp...a claim that 30 years ago a
> drunk Spacey climbed on top of Anthony while Anthony waited in his
> bedroom after a party.  No claim of anything happening was given, just
> that Rapp squirmed away and left.  Most of the claims are from people
> that say Spacey was grabby (often in dating
> situations/environments)...though in nearly every case they also point
> out that the didn't complain or tell his to stop...and that if/when they
> did tell him to stop he did.  Some of the claims are silly/stupid stuff
> such as 'Spacey had a friend of his ask me if I wanted to have sex with
> him' and 'Spacey gave me and my friend alcohol and let us watch porn at
> his house when we were under age)'.  The most egregious claims come from
>
> 1.  30+ year old Tony Montana who says that a drunken Spacey grabbed his
> crotch in a bar.
>
> 2. A production assistant on HOUSE OF CARS who Spacey grabbed in the
> crotch while they were driving to the set.  This is the one work related
> accusation that seems fireable...though it also sounds like the
> production assistant complained and Spacey was reprimanded and forced to
> take HR 'classes' of some sort.
>
> 3. An 'anonymous New York artist' who say that he and Spacey met in a
> park several times and hooked up and declared their love for each other
> (this person was 14 at the time and Spacey was 24).  After a few hook up
> dates, they didn't see each other for a year and when they hooked up
> once again Spacey tried to have anal sex with the guy and he said no and
> so Spacey never saw him again and so he considers Spacey to be a
> pedophile rapist despite the fact that he wasn't a pre-pubescent kid and
> wasn't raped and he was obviously going to the park to hook up with
> Spacey (or whatever other gay men were there for hookups) and was trying
> to have a relationship with Spacey at the time.

Sheesh.

Of course I still think they fired the wrong guy off of Criminal Minds.

And Top Gear?  They should have strung up the 'victim' there.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:33:40 -0500
On 11/9/2017 8:46 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
>>> all ever again.
>>>

>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin
>> Hood"
>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
>
> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.

I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:42:26 -0500
On 11/9/2017 9:33 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/9/2017 8:46 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

>>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin
>>> Hood"
>>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
>>
>> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position,
>> afraid that his film will never see the light of day or will be
>> unfairly blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness
>> of this re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
>
> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
> that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
> Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
> SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.

One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
shockwave to abate.  If, at that time, Spacey has been wiped from the
Hollywood landscape then do the re-shoots with a replacement actor and
submit the film for the awards circuit when it will be less likely to be
avoided 'just because'.

Another choice would be to release the film without pandering to the
awards circuit.  This sort of sounds like one of those films that is
aimed at awards rather than profit, anyway...and the award half of that
equation is just about vanity if Ridley Scott is willing to rework his
art just in the hopes of getting attention.

From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 09:58:09 -0500
On 11/9/2017 9:42 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 9:33 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position,
>>> afraid that his film will never see the light of day or will be
>>> unfairly blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness
>>> of this re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
>>
>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the
>> sense that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a
>> business, and a Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same
>> box-office prospects as SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>
> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
> shockwave to abate.  If, at that time, Spacey has been wiped from the
> Hollywood landscape then do the re-shoots with a replacement actor and
> submit the film for the awards circuit when it will be less likely to be
> avoided 'just because'.
>
> Another choice would be to release the film without pandering to the
> awards circuit.  This sort of sounds like one of those films that is
> aimed at awards rather than profit, anyway...and the award half of that
> equation is just about vanity if Ridley Scott is willing to rework his
> art just in the hopes of getting attention.

Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
daily commute so as not to drive past his house...

--

- - - - - - - -
   YOUR taste at work...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:05:37 -0500
On 11/9/2017 9:58 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 11/9/2017 9:42 AM, Obveeus wrote:

>>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the
>>> sense that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a
>>> business, and a Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same
>>> box-office prospects as SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>>
>> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
>> shockwave to abate.  If, at that time, Spacey has been wiped from the
>> Hollywood landscape then do the re-shoots with a replacement actor and
>> submit the film for the awards circuit when it will be less likely to
>> be avoided 'just because'.
>>
>> Another choice would be to release the film without pandering to the
>> awards circuit.  This sort of sounds like one of those films that is
>> aimed at awards rather than profit, anyway...and the award half of
>> that equation is just about vanity if Ridley Scott is willing to
>> rework his art just in the hopes of getting attention.
>
> Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
> history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
> yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
> daily commute so as not to drive past his house...

Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.

It remains to be seen if Spacey's career will go the route of Michael
Richards or Mel Gibson.

I kinda hope that at some point the 'victim blaming' mentality kicks in
and Hollywood decides that he is a victim (abused by daddy) and as such
deserves a shot at therapy/recovery.  Unfortunately for Spacey, in our
society, it is a lot easier to be accepted back in from the cold if you
are a drug dealer or a killer than if you have committed a sex crime.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:13:25 -0700
In article <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 9:58 AM, moviePig wrote:

> >> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
> >> shockwave to abate.  If, at that time, Spacey has been wiped from the
> >> Hollywood landscape then do the re-shoots with a replacement actor and
> >> submit the film for the awards circuit when it will be less likely to
> >> be avoided 'just because'.
> >>
> >> Another choice would be to release the film without pandering to the
> >> awards circuit.  This sort of sounds like one of those films that is
> >> aimed at awards rather than profit, anyway...and the award half of
> >> that equation is just about vanity if Ridley Scott is willing to
> >> rework his art just in the hopes of getting attention.
> >
> > Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
> > history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
> > yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
> > daily commute so as not to drive past his house...
>
> Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.

And Polanski flourished.

Gibson probably wouldn't have recovered had he been erased from history.

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: BTR1701 <address_is@invalid.invalid>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:01:16 -0600

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:17:57 -0500
On 11/9/2017 1:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
>>> history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
>>> yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
>>> daily commute so as not to drive past his house...
>>
>> Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.
>>
>> It remains to be seen if Spacey's career will go the route of Michael
>> Richards or Mel Gibson.
>
> Robert Downey Jr was once as toxic as Mel, and he's recovered nicely, also.

True...and there was a whole lot more evidence of his underage
wrongdoing given that he made a sex tape with her.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
References: <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net> <anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com> <f6i8roF6bqoU1@mid.individual.net> <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me> <5a046745$0$40136$b1db1813$306e51c2@news.astraweb.com> <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me> <5a046d03$0$60783$b1db1813$d06edd96@news.astraweb.com> <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me> <1480101229.531941530.818395.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com> <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 11:45:50 -0700
In article <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 1:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> >> Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.
> >>
> >> It remains to be seen if Spacey's career will go the route of Michael
> >> Richards or Mel Gibson.
> >
> > Robert Downey Jr was once as toxic as Mel, and he's recovered nicely, also.
>
> True...and there was a whole lot more evidence of his underage
> wrongdoing given that he made a sex tape with her.

I ... are you thinking of Rob Lowe?

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 13:49:49 -0500
<anim8rfsk-D5E8EF.11455009112017@news.easynews.com>
On 11/9/2017 1:45 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> Robert Downey Jr was once as toxic as Mel, and he's recovered nicely, also.
>>
>> True...and there was a whole lot more evidence of his underage
>> wrongdoing given that he made a sex tape with her.
>
> I ... are you thinking of Rob Lowe?

Yes, yes I am.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
References: <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net> <anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com> <f6i8roF6bqoU1@mid.individual.net> <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me> <5a046745$0$40136$b1db1813$306e51c2@news.astraweb.com> <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me> <5a046d03$0$60783$b1db1813$d06edd96@news.astraweb.com> <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me> <1480101229.531941530.818395.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com> <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D5E8EF.11455009112017@news.easynews.com> <ou280d$re2$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:23:47 -0700
In article <ou280d$re2$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 1:45 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> True...and there was a whole lot more evidence of his underage
> >> wrongdoing given that he made a sex tape with her.
> >
> > I ... are you thinking of Rob Lowe?
>
> Yes, yes I am.

hee hee

Friends of mine in LA, the same guys I mentioned earlier would sneak a
little porn into an animation take, appended a Rob Lowe sex video the a
job once.  I say 'a' and not 'the' because it wasn't the one so heavily
publicized, but *another* with two guys and an underage girl ...

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:36:43 -0500
<anim8rfsk-8EECD5.12234709112017@news.easynews.com>
On 11/9/2017 2:23 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou280d$re2$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/9/2017 1:45 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

>>> I ... are you thinking of Rob Lowe?
>>
>> Yes, yes I am.
>
> hee hee

I hang my head in shame.

Robert Downey Jr. is just alcohol and drugs...the norm in Hollywood...so
why would he be an outcast?

> Friends of mine in LA, the same guys I mentioned earlier would sneak a
> little porn into an animation take, appended a Rob Lowe sex video the a
> job once.  I say 'a' and not 'the' because it wasn't the one so heavily
> publicized, but *another* with two guys and an underage girl ...

....and yet his career recovered.  Maybe recording events helps because
then the damning public can see the 'consensual' aspect instead of just
imagining 'rape' when the accusations are of a statutory nature?

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
References: <ou0o85$pgm$3@news.albasani.net> <anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com> <f6i8roF6bqoU1@mid.individual.net> <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me> <5a046745$0$40136$b1db1813$306e51c2@news.astraweb.com> <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me> <5a046d03$0$60783$b1db1813$d06edd96@news.astraweb.com> <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me> <1480101229.531941530.818395.address_is-invalid.invalid@news.giganews.com> <ou264l$d6a$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-D5E8EF.11455009112017@news.easynews.com> <ou280d$re2$1@dont-email.me> <anim8rfsk-8EECD5.12234709112017@news.easynews.com> <ou2aod$j3v$1@dont-email.me>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 12:39:34 -0700
In article <ou2aod$j3v$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 2:23 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <ou280d$re2$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> > wrote:

> >> Yes, yes I am.
> >
> > hee hee
>
> I hang my head in shame.
>
> Robert Downey Jr. is just alcohol and drugs...the norm in Hollywood...so
> why would he be an outcast?
>
> > Friends of mine in LA, the same guys I mentioned earlier would sneak a
> > little porn into an animation take, appended a Rob Lowe sex video the a
> > job once.  I say 'a' and not 'the' because it wasn't the one so heavily
> > publicized, but *another* with two guys and an underage girl ...
>
> ...and yet his career recovered.  Maybe recording events helps because
> then the damning public can see the 'consensual' aspect instead of just
> imagining 'rape' when the accusations are of a statutory nature?

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:44:06 -0000 (UTC)
In message <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 9:58 AM, moviePig wrote:

>>> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
>>> shockwave to abate.  If, at that time, Spacey has been wiped from the
>>> Hollywood landscape then do the re-shoots with a replacement actor and
>>> submit the film for the awards circuit when it will be less likely to
>>> be avoided 'just because'.
>>>
>>> Another choice would be to release the film without pandering to the
>>> awards circuit.  This sort of sounds like one of those films that is
>>> aimed at awards rather than profit, anyway...and the award half of
>>> that equation is just about vanity if Ridley Scott is willing to
>>> rework his art just in the hopes of getting attention.
>>
>> Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
>> history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
>> yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
>> daily commute so as not to drive past his house...

> Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.

No he hasn't.

--
Supposing there was justice for all, after all? For every unheeded
beggar, every harsh word, every neglected duty, every slight... every

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 14:52:12 -0500
On 11/9/2017 2:44 PM, Lewis wrote:
> In message <ou1qs0$fri$1@dont-email.me> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

>>> Barring new evidence from the grassy knoll, Kevin Spacey will go down in
>>> history as THE three-strike poster boy (harassment, cradle-robbing, and,
>>> yes, homosexuality).  I'll bet half of Hollywood is re-routing their
>>> daily commute so as not to drive past his house...
>
>> Mel Gibson has recovered from his poster boy status as drunken racist.
>
> No he hasn't.

He is still staring in movies and was nominated for an Academy Award
last year as a director.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 08:11:11 -0700
In article <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 9:33 AM, moviePig wrote:

> >> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position,
> >> afraid that his film will never see the light of day or will be
> >> unfairly blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness
> >> of this re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
> >
> > I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
> > that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
> > Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
> > SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>
> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the

That's not Scott's decision to make.  The first thing decided when
making a movie is the release date.  Everything else comes after.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:45:36 -0500
On 11/9/2017 10:11 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
>>> that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
>>> Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
>>> SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>>
>> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
>
> That's not Scott's decision to make.  The first thing decided when
> making a movie is the release date.  Everything else comes after.

Not really.  Release dates get pushed back all the time.  Part of the
problem here was in theaters (or the AFI festival at least) refusing to
show the film due to Spacey being in it.  If that problem spreads, then
the film cannot get awards consideration this year.  The rush here is
now to try and maintain that awards eligibility...as if next December
wouldn't be just as much of an awards season opportunity.

Maybe Ridley Scott is worried that his film would end up like GORE and
get yanked from any release date at all?

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 08:21:51 -0800
On 11/9/2017 7:11 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <ou1pgj$5ao$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
> wrote:

>>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
>>> that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
>>> Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
>>> SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>>
>> One choice that Ridley Scott had was simply to wait a year for the
>
> That's not Scott's decision to make.  The first thing decided when
> making a movie is the release date.  Everything else comes after.

Unless its a Weinstein company movie, in which case which one of the
dozen release dates assigned to it will actually be the release date
will be determined after its in theatres.

instinct are running screaming.

From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <@ednolan>
Full headers:
From: ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: 9 Nov 2017 15:36:07 GMT
In article <5a046745$0$40136$b1db1813$306e51c2@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig<pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>On 11/9/2017 8:46 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>

>> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

>https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

>>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin
>>> Hood"
>>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?
>>
>> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
>> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
>> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
>> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
>
>I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
>that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
>Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
>SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, I would point out SFH turned out
to have pretty good BO, which was the problem..
--
------

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:48:44 -0500
On 11/9/2017 10:36 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <5a046745$0$40136$b1db1813$306e51c2@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig<pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

>>> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
>>> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
>>> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
>>> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.
>>
>> I don't think it's a tough position for Scott, at least not in the sense
>> that he has any real choice in the matter.  Movies are a business, and a
>> Kevin Spacey flick right now has about the same box-office prospects as
>> SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER.
>>

> While I'm not disagreeing with you, I would point out SFH turned out
> to have pretty good BO, which was the problem..

Similarly, maybe some people in the industry fear that ALL THE MONEY IN
THE WORLD would flourish at the box office (and at awards shows) if
allowed to proceed...and they fear the message that would send?

Full headers:
From: Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 19:42:14 -0000 (UTC)
In message <ou1m87$a57$2@dont-email.me> Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com> wrote:

> On 11/9/2017 12:54 AM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article<anim8rfsk-52039D.22272308112017@news.easynews.com>,
>> anim8rfsk<anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Let's start a petition to get them to never show SUPERGAYMAN RETURNS at
>>> all ever again.
>>>

>> Why stop at unreleased films?  Why not edit Errol Flynn out of "Robin Hood"
>> and Bing Crosby out of "Going My Way"?

> I agree.  I understand that Ridley Scott is in a tough position, afraid
> that his film will never see the light of day or will be unfairly
> blocked from awards consideration, but the overly 'PC'-ness of this
> re-shooting is a horrible precedent.

There were two choices available to Scott: 1) abandon the movie as it
was not going to be released in its current form. 2) reshoot.

You can argue about whether you think 1 *should* be the case, but that's
irrelevant, 1 *is* the case.

--
You could save people. You could get there in the nick of time. And
something could snap its fingers and say, no , it has to be that way.

From: Inkan1969 <jlara4606@charter.net>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 06:55:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Inkan1969 <jlara4606@charter.net>
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 12:14:47 AM UTC-5, Obveeus wrote:
> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
> of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

To think a few years from now, sweaty movie fanboys are going to be trading illegal downloads of the
legendary "Spacey version" of "All the Money in the World".

 - Inkan1969

From: Bill Steele <ws21@cornel.edu>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
From: Bill Steele <ws21@cornel.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 16:28:36 -0500
On 11/9/17 12:14 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
> of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

The technology is fascinating.  They're talking about compositing
Plummer into scenes, or putting his head on Spacey's body.

I remember when Robert Walker died during "My Son John" they finished
tthe movie with outtakes from Strangers on a Train. There was a scene
where he was in a phone booth and I could see that he'd been pasted in
there.

Further back, there nwas something like that with Jean Harlow: We got a
a lot of longshots of the back of a blonde woman. And something where
David Niven lost his voice and they brought in Richn Little to dub  his
lines. Didn't really sound like him, IIRC.

On soap operas, they just bring in another actor and say the character
had plastic surgery. Or they just admit it: "Them role of Sebastian will
be played by Joe Smith."

I've been to plays where an actor walked around carrrying a script.

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Full headers:
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:11:28 -0500
On 11/10/2017 4:28 PM, Bill Steele wrote:
> On 11/9/17 12:14 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>
>> Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot
>> all of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...

> The technology is fascinating.  They're talking about compositing
> Plummer into scenes, or putting his head on Spacey's body.

Such a 'treatment' should guarantee that this film is not considered for
awards unless perhaps in the special effects category.

Next <
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 19:53:24 -0700
In article<j6-dnXk5Hb6Yh5vHnZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@earthlink.com>,
 Bill Steele<ws21@cornel.edu> wrote:

> On 11/9/17 12:14 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> >
> > Director Ridley Scott is bringing in Christopher Plumber to reshoot all
> > of Kevin Spacey's scenes in the film - thus replacing him completely:
> >
> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/11/08/kevin-spacey-c...
> > ll-money-world-following-assault-allegations/846901001/
> >
> The technology is fascinating.  They're talking about compositing
> Plummer into scenes, or putting his head on Spacey's body.
>
> I remember when Robert Walker died during "My Son John" they finished
> tthe movie with outtakes from Strangers on a Train. There was a scene
> where he was in a phone booth and I could see that he'd been pasted in
> there.
>
> Further back, there nwas something like that with Jean Harlow: We got a
> a lot of longshots of the back of a blonde woman. And something where
> David Niven lost his voice and they brought in Richn Little to dub  his
> lines. Didn't really sound like him, IIRC.

Never does.  And Little 'honored' Niven by announcing he'd been dubbing
him the day Niven died.  Miserable rat bastard.