> Prev
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Subject: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fake investigations?
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:34:33 -0500
Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

Full headers:
From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: How much does Hollywood pay police to conduct fake
investigations?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:22:31 -0500
On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
footing the bill.

--
Rhino

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800
On 2018-02-01 16:22:31 +0000, Rhino said:

> On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>
>> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
> footing the bill.

I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
than that they're botching it now.

FWIW...

Full headers:
From: shawn <nanoflower@notformailgmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:50:51 -0500
On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2018-02-01 16:22:31 +0000, Rhino said:
>
>> On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>>
>>> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

>> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
>> footing the bill.
>
>I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
>more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
>than that they're botching it now.
>
>FWIW...

At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.

That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
in trying to move a cold case forward.

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 11:46:20 -0800
shawn wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

> >> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
> >> footing the bill.
> >
> >I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> >more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> >than that they're botching it now.
> >
> >FWIW...
>
> At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
> the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
> that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
> overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
> drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
> she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.
>
> That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
> in trying to move a cold case forward.

he's innoncent.

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Full headers:
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 11:35:31 -0800
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
The Starmaker wrote:

> shawn wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

> > >I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> > >more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> > >than that they're botching it now.
> > >
> > >FWIW...
> >
> > At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
> > the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
> > that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
> > overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
> > drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
> > she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.
> >
> > That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> > Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
> > in trying to move a cold case forward.
>
> he's innoncent.

it was a boating accident.

you have a few drinks, you fall over..

even if he saw her fall over, he would have to be crazy to try and go
save her...he would die too.

Died trying to save her the headlines would read...

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 15:53:03 -0800
The Starmaker wrote:

> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > shawn wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

> > > At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
> > > the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
> > > that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
> > > overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
> > > drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
> > > she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.
> > >
> > > That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> > > Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
> > > in trying to move a cold case forward.
> >
> > he's innoncent.
>
> it was a boating accident.
>
> you have a few drinks, you fall over..
>
> even if he saw her fall over, he would have to be crazy to try and go
> save her...he would die too.
>
> Died trying to save her the headlines would read...

The poor LAPD complaing that their number one suspect won't talk to
them. How much does it cost to buy a DA? In Hollywood, three doughnuts
in one bag.

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Full headers:
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 16:24:49 -0800
The Starmaker wrote:

> The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > The Starmaker wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

> > > he's innoncent.
> >
> > it was a boating accident.
> >
> > you have a few drinks, you fall over..
> >
> > even if he saw her fall over, he would have to be crazy to try and go
> > save her...he would die too.
> >
> > Died trying to save her the headlines would read...
>
> The poor LAPD complaing that their number one suspect won't talk to
> them. How much does it cost to buy a DA? In Hollywood, three doughnuts
> in one bag.

It appears to me that the LAPD doesn't know how the justice system works.

I think it's called ..."The Fix Is In."

Don't the LAPD or NYPD know what is..."The Fix Is In."?

Here's how it works:

You go the the Beverly Hills Police Department and
you ask "How much for a Get Out of Jail Card?"

the guy at the desk ask "What's the charge?"

You say..."MURDER!"

the guy at the desk sez, "Oh, you need to see the D.A."

You say, "You don't happen to have a price list?"

he sez, "No, but's it's more than a dozen doughnuts!"

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/ima...

Is this thread about Harvey Weinstein fake police investigations? I might be posting in the wrong
thread...

It seems everybody has a Get Out of Jail Card...

They should just have a web site where you can buy one online....

"let me see...letme click the murder link to see how much it cost..."

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 17:44:42 -0800
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Police: Robert Wagner's story about Natalie Wood's death 'doesn't add up'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/05/police-robert-wagne...

"""We tried to talk to [Wagner], so far he doesn

From: Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@yahoo.com>
From: Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 20:47:52 -0800
In article<5A79088A.6E98@ix.netcom.com>,
 The Starmaker<starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> He said police have contacted Wagner two or three times and he has declined
> to speak to them.""

The police cannot compel people to speak to them. The county DA can convene a
grand jury and subpeona him, compelling his appearance. He still does not have
to answer self incriminating questions.

> Arrest him, if you fuckin DARE!

An arrest starts the clock on the right to a speedy trial. It would compel his
court appearances but still doesn't compel testimony.

--
:-<> Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted.    @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'                                    /|\

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 21:28:18 -0800
Siri Cruise wrote:

> In article<5A79088A.6E98@ix.netcom.com>,
>  The Starmaker<starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > He said police have contacted Wagner two or three times and he has declined
> > to speak to them.""
>
> The police cannot compel people to speak to them. The county DA can convene a
> grand jury and subpeona him, compelling his appearance. He still does not have
> to answer self incriminating questions.
>
> > Arrest him, if you fuckin DARE!
>
> An arrest starts the clock on the right to a speedy trial. It would compel his
> court appearances but still doesn't compel testimony.

He is innoncent. Wagner never killed anyone, ever.

From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Full headers:
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 22:16:24 -0800
From: The Starmaker <starmaker@ix.netcom.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Siri Cruise wrote:

> In article<5A79088A.6E98@ix.netcom.com>,
>  The Starmaker<starmaker@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> > He said police have contacted Wagner two or three times and he has declined
> > to speak to them.""
>
> The police cannot compel people to speak to them. The county DA can convene a
> grand jury and subpeona him, compelling his appearance. He still does not have
> to answer self incriminating questions.

wat are you talking about "grand jury'??? I watch 20/20, 48 Hours,
Dateline on teevee,

they got a murder they say, "You're under arrest for suspicion of
MURDER."

From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
From: Obveeus <Obveeus@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
investigations?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:58:59 -0500
On 2/1/2018 1:50 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

>>> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
>>> footing the bill.
>>
>> I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
>> more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
>> than that they're botching it now.
>>
>> FWIW...
>
> At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence

....and therein lies the problem.  They have nothing to investigate
beyond reading through what they had decades ago and coming to the same
conclusion.  Way too many of these 'reopened investigations' are simply
prompted by a book or movie of the week or whatever shining a spotlight
on an unsolved crime (for their own profit) and getting the police to
cooperate in publicizing the show.

> That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> Wagner would have killed her.

I heard that they wanted to know if she would float.

> Seems that motive would be a big point
> in trying to move a cold case forward.

With the current climate, they can simply say he got drunk and sexually
assaulted her and then killed her so she couldn't go on the talkshow
circuit and talk about it...and everyone will believe it.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:14:29 -0700
In article <p4vri5$oon$1@dont-email.me>, Obveeus<Obveeus@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 2/1/2018 1:50 PM, shawn wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> >> more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> >> than that they're botching it now.
> >>
> >> FWIW...
> >
> > At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence
>
> ...and therein lies the problem.  They have nothing to investigate
> beyond reading through what they had decades ago and coming to the same
> conclusion.  Way too many of these 'reopened investigations' are simply
> prompted by a book or movie of the week or whatever shining a spotlight
> on an unsolved crime (for their own profit) and getting the police to
> cooperate in publicizing the show.
>
> > That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> > Wagner would have killed her.
>
> I heard that they wanted to know if she would float.

Oh, God.  I actually said that joke when telling the first person I saw
that day about it.  Made it up myself too although obviously there was a
lot of independent creation on that one.

> > Seems that motive would be a big point
> > in trying to move a cold case forward.
>
> With the current climate, they can simply say he got drunk and sexually
> assaulted her and then killed her so she couldn't go on the talkshow
> circuit and talk about it...and everyone will believe it.

Same notation for the real killer, Walken.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:12:29 -0700
In article<a6o67d92d838bdua2evldm01i0bb569kgs@4ax.com>,
 shawn<nanoflower@notformailgmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:06:13 -0800, Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid>
> wrote:

> >> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
> >> footing the bill.
> >
> >I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> >more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> >than that they're botching it now.
> >
> >FWIW...
>
> At this point they aren't likely to find new evidence and he's being
> the last person to see her alive sounds like what I heard years ago so
> that's not exactly new. Given that the suspicion was that she fell
> overboard (and I think the drug screen showed that she had been
> drinking along with everyone else) it wouldn't be that surprising that
> she could have fallen overboard and no one noticed right away.
>
> That said, I never heard anyone propose a good reason for why Rober
> Wagner would have killed her. Seems that motive would be a big point
> in trying to move a cold case forward.

He was jelly that she was cheating on him with Walken.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 13:10:59 -0700
In article <p4vhe6$8hj$1@dont-email.me>,
 Ian J. Ball<IJBall@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2018-02-01 16:22:31 +0000, Rhino said:
>
> > On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> >>
> >> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:
> >>
> >> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...
> >> eing-labeled-person-interest-drowning-death-natalie-wood-nearly-four-decade
> >> s-ag/1085971001/
> >>

> > Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*; that's the taxpayers
> > footing the bill.
>
> I hate to say it, but Robert Wagner is a plausible perp. Frankly, it's
> more believable that they botched the investigation "back in the day"
> than that they're botching it now.
>
> FWIW...

Oh, come on, everybody knows Christopher Walken did it.

From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Full headers:
From: anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 10:11:10 -0700
In article <p4ves7$irr$1@dont-email.me>,
 Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

> On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:
> >
> > Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:
> >
> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...
> > ing-labeled-person-interest-drowning-death-natalie-wood-nearly-four-decades-
> > ag/1085971001/
> >

> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*

"What ... will you bet?"

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
investigations?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 12:59:21 -0500
On 2018-02-01 12:11 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <p4ves7$irr$1@dont-email.me>,
>   Rhino<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-02-01 10:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:
>>>
>>> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...
>>> ing-labeled-person-interest-drowning-death-natalie-wood-nearly-four-decades-
>>> ag/1085971001/
>>>

>> Uh, Hollywood doesn't pay police *anything*
>
> "What ... will you bet?"

Well, I was speaking in general, assuming today's LAPD is not corrupt.
Obviously, I can't be sure that's a valid assumption. :-)

Studios influencing investigations has been a theme in movies, of
course, but I'm not sure if any real cases of corruption involving the
studios have ever occurred. (I know there have been corruption
investigations before, including the notorious Ramparts case from
several years back.) I don't see anything involving the studios in the
Wikipedia article on the LAPD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Police_Department#Controve...

Mind you, it's far from inconceivable that the studios could have done
some shady things over the years....

--
Rhino

From: David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com>
Full headers:
From: David Johnston <davidjohnston29@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
investigations?
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 12:24:49 -0700
On 2018-02-01 8:34 AM, Obveeus wrote:

> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

If by "just in time" you mean "seven years ago".

Next <
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 19:37:24 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 1 February 2018 10:34:35 UTC-5, Obveeus  wrote:
> Just in time for a CBS special airing this weekend about this cold case:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/02/01/actor-robert-w...

Sketch the last scene:
Wagner:  "You cheating whore!"
Woods:  "P--- off you limp d---!"
Wagner clubs her in the back of the head, she falls in the water and drowns.
Wagner concocts B.S. story, the celeb-struck morons buys it.