> Prev
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.36.83.11 with SMTP id n11mr33229082itb.48.1517678444483;
Sat, 03 Feb 2018 09:20:44 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.157.32.68 with SMTP id n62mr2368258ota.6.1517678444314; Sat,
03 Feb 2018 09:20:44 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!g80no1047185itg.0!news-out.google.com!s63ni1772itb.0!nntp.google.com!w142no1044408ita.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 09:20:44 -0800 (PST)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=69.157.72.115;
posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 69.157.72.115
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <5983843a-ee74-4590-a465-fce9146334e9@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Another "New York" movie...
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 17:20:44 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 8
Print Article
Forward Article
See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it because
it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the characters
but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.  People
criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are the worst
example of that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 

	
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.107.70.6 with SMTP id t6mr24215719ioa.134.1517716244682;
Sat, 03 Feb 2018 19:50:44 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.157.95.135 with SMTP id g7mr129743oti.14.1517716244385; Sat,
03 Feb 2018 19:50:44 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!w142no1206456ita.0!news-out.google.com!k194ni4502itb.0!nntp.google.com!g80no1211421itg.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 19:50:42 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <5983843a-ee74-4590-a465-fce9146334e9@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=137.103.168.213;
posting-account=_MsbvAkAAAA6N13etSsjeXPJQckxQFUZ
NNTP-Posting-Host: 137.103.168.213
References: <5983843a-ee74-4590-a465-fce9146334e9@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <af95d901-2e6f-4ad3-9bad-ccd986546973@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 03:50:44 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 18
Print Article
Forward Article
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:20:47 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it because
it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the characters
but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.  People
criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are the worst
example of that.
> 
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Right on! And why do all those "Over-The-Rainbow/OZ" genre movies have to happen in Emerald City?  
Is it because most of those movies are made in OZ and Emerald City is the largest city there? Is it
because there is a mystique about Emerald City that has engendered a lot of common themes and
almost-human traits that have caused us to almost anthropomorphize that one city?  Is it because
Emerald City is the city that never sleeps? Is it because if you can make it in Emerald City you can
make it anywhere? Melt away those little town blues, Rich. 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.107.20.193 with SMTP id 184mr33329367iou.138.1517773668427;
Sun, 04 Feb 2018 11:47:48 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.157.112.141 with SMTP id l13mr505043otj.1.1517773668263;
Sun, 04 Feb 2018 11:47:48 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!o66no192436ita.0!news-out.google.com!k194ni5368itb.0!nntp.google.com!w142no1444287ita.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:47:47 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <af95d901-2e6f-4ad3-9bad-ccd986546973@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=69.157.72.115;
posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 69.157.72.115
References: <5983843a-ee74-4590-a465-fce9146334e9@googlegroups.com> <af95d901-2e6f-4ad3-9bad-ccd986546973@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <a517d8ec-a883-4411-9552-413fa92443a5@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 19:47:48 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 21
Print Article
Forward Article
On Saturday, 3 February 2018 22:50:47 UTC-5, bermuda999  wrote:
> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:20:47 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it
because it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the
characters but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.
 People criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are
the worst example of that.
> > 
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
> 
> Right on! And why do all those "Over-The-Rainbow/OZ" genre movies have to happen in Emerald City? 
 Is it because most of those movies are made in OZ and Emerald City is the largest city there? Is it
because there is a mystique about Emerald City that has engendered a lot of common themes and
almost-human traits that have caused us to almost anthropomorphize that one city?  Is it because
Emerald City is the city that never sleeps? Is it because if you can make it in Emerald City you can
make it anywhere? Melt away those little town blues, Rich.

Vegas never sleeps either.  ALL New York movies deal with the same kind of person, so so much for it
being a diverse city. 

	
Next <
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.36.69.199 with SMTP id c68mr25587415itd.35.1517790065640;
Sun, 04 Feb 2018 16:21:05 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.157.38.67 with SMTP id a61mr1129795otb.7.1517790065438; Sun,
04 Feb 2018 16:21:05 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer01.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!o66no271684ita.0!news-out.google.com!s63ni2453itb.0!nntp.google.com!o66no271682ita.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:21:05 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <a517d8ec-a883-4411-9552-413fa92443a5@googlegroups.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=137.103.168.213;
posting-account=_MsbvAkAAAA6N13etSsjeXPJQckxQFUZ
NNTP-Posting-Host: 137.103.168.213
References: <5983843a-ee74-4590-a465-fce9146334e9@googlegroups.com>
<af95d901-2e6f-4ad3-9bad-ccd986546973@googlegroups.com> <a517d8ec-a883-4411-9552-413fa92443a5@googlegroups.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <96d5c6d9-130a-4f48-b052-3412925b58eb@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Another "New York" movie...
From: bermuda999 <bermuda999@aol.com>
Injection-Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 00:21:05 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Body-CRC: 2855480942
X-Received-Bytes: 3067
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 2:47:51 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 February 2018 22:50:47 UTC-5, bermuda999  wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:20:47 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:
> > > See?  They even have to put a drawing of N.Y. on the box to remind you you have to see it
because it's "New York" and they are "your kind of people."  There isn't any description of the
characters but I'd bet the guy is in something to do with publishing, public relations, or a writer.
 People criticize superhero or other genre movies for being cookie-cutter, but New York movies are
the worst example of that.
> > > 
> > > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6119856/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
> > 
> > Right on! And why do all those "Over-The-Rainbow/OZ" genre movies have to happen in Emerald
City?   Is it because most of those movies are made in OZ and Emerald City is the largest city
there? Is it because there is a mystique about Emerald City that has engendered a lot of common
themes and almost-human traits that have caused us to almost anthropomorphize that one city?  Is it
because Emerald City is the city that never sleeps? Is it because if you can make it in Emerald City
you can make it anywhere? Melt away those little town blues, Rich.
> 
> Vegas never sleeps either.  ALL New York movies deal with the same kind of person, so so much for
it being a diverse city.

Okay, there is your starting premise: "ALL New York movies deal with the same kind of person".

Now here is a list of movies set in New York: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_in_New_York_City

Make your point.