> Prev
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Subject: Scanner problem
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Scanner problem
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:41:17 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 17
Message-ID: <osq7qe$p1m$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:41:18 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="973621b56f33c604f4c8a17190301b77";
logging-data="25654"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19KfwfmFgSXs0OLrkRrpCKv4yuYNXwRm80="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.4.0
Content-Language: en-US
X-Mozilla-News-Host: news://news.eternal-september-org:119
Cancel-Lock: sha1:srWEy3azcNTm8drffwGow63mPfE=
Print Article
Forward Article
I have a two year old Epson V600 that gives me blue horizontal lines 
when scanning slides.


Per Google, most of the hits say to thoroughly clean both surfaces, 
reboot and let the device re-calibrate.


Tried that and it does not work.

There is absolutely no debris inside the scanner.

Anyone have any ideas?


Thanks 

	
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 12:39:41 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <osqi8t$c8o$1@dont-email.me>
References: <osq7qe$p1m$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 17:39:41 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="973621b56f33c604f4c8a17190301b77";
logging-data="12568"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18hOnOVzIAqKz9HOVIXpIiBms1w7e6N4lQ="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.4.0
In-Reply-To: <osq7qe$p1m$1@dont-email.me>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:tpbA30v0wq4ykzkAU+L0+t+NH8Q=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 10/25/2017 09:41 AM, philo wrote:
> I have a two year old Epson V600 that gives me blue horizontal lines 
> when scanning slides.
> 
> 
> Per Google, most of the hits say to thoroughly clean both surfaces, 
> reboot and let the device re-calibrate.
> 
> 
> Tried that and it does not work.
> 
> There is absolutely no debris inside the scanner.
> 
> Anyone have any ideas?
> 
> 
> Thanks
> 

I have another scanner, Nikon Coolscan 4000

Blue lines are in exactly the same place so the problem is with the 
slides themselves.

At least my Epson got a good cleaning 

	
From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Dimitris Tzortzakakis <noone@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 16:14:12 +0300
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 35
Message-ID: <ossn35$sfc$1@dont-email.me>
References: <osq7qe$p1m$1@dont-email.me> <osqi8t$c8o$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:14:13 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="b3b921230036a39d6687344e0f42c7b9";
logging-data="29164"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/qEcakWxY/smw2VdLb7J19U2itDv24GpQ="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.4.0
In-Reply-To: <osqi8t$c8o$1@dont-email.me>
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
Content-Language: el
X-Antivirus: AVG (VPS 171026-0, 26/10/2017), Outbound message
Cancel-Lock: sha1:+pvOH+AVcboZ3bC7H/0BNlvmMZk=
Print Article
Forward Article
Στις 25/10/2017 8:39 μμ, ο philo έγραψε:
> On 10/25/2017 09:41 AM, philo wrote:
>> I have a two year old Epson V600 that gives me blue horizontal lines 
>> when scanning slides.
>>
>>
>> Per Google, most of the hits say to thoroughly clean both surfaces, 
>> reboot and let the device re-calibrate.
>>
>>
>> Tried that and it does not work.
>>
>> There is absolutely no debris inside the scanner.
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
> 
> I have another scanner, Nikon Coolscan 4000
> 
> Blue lines are in exactly the same place so the problem is with the 
> slides themselves.
> 
> At least my Epson got a good cleaning
are they in glass holders?glass holders can do that (newton lines I 
think they're called) if there's some light interference.better clean 
them and try glassless holders, just for the scanning!mine have terrible 
debris and dust, after sitting for almost 25 years in a closed slide tray.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com 

	
Next <
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.unit0.net!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: philo <philo@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Scanner problem : Never mind
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 08:16:07 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 22
Message-ID: <ossn6n$tac$1@dont-email.me>
References: <osq7qe$p1m$1@dont-email.me> <osqi8t$c8o$1@dont-email.me>
<ossn35$sfc$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 13:16:07 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="479c2af1a75284e340fe32035d0440f5";
logging-data="30028"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19owr4lL6069oKG6KvomBb9+LdHEp4e6Yk="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.4.0
In-Reply-To: <ossn35$sfc$1@dont-email.me>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:eR+oQL4Al/aShRjer8lAYoOQ4jE=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 10/26/2017 08:14 AM, Dimitris Tzortzakakis wrote:
> Στις 25/10/2017 8:39 μμ, ο philo έγραψε:
>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>
>> I have another scanner, Nikon Coolscan 4000
>>
>> Blue lines are in exactly the same place so the problem is with the 
>> slides themselves.
>>
>> At least my Epson got a good cleaning
> are they in glass holders?glass holders can do that (newton lines I 
> think they're called) if there's some light interference.better clean 
> them and try glassless holders, just for the scanning!mine have terrible 
> debris and dust, after sitting for almost 25 years in a closed slide tray.
> 

They are not in glass holders.

The blue lines are fixable in Photoshop, my main worry is that my 
scanner was defective