From: Tom Dick <noram@nospam.com>
Subject: Self-absorbed attention wh*ore woman dies after falling out of windowwhile taking selfie
Full headers:
From: Tom Dick <noram@nospam.com>
Subject: Self-absorbed attention wh*ore woman dies after falling out of window
while taking selfie
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 00:24:28 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, uk.politics.misc, sac.politics,
alt.politics.liberalism, nz.general
COSMOPOLITAN UK

From: Basil Jet <basil@spamspamspam.com>
From: Basil Jet <basil@spamspamspam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc,sac.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,nz.general
Subject: Re: Self-absorbed attention wh*ore woman dies after falling out of
window while taking selfie
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:16:46 +0000
On 2017\12\03 23:24, Tom Dick wrote:
> COSMOPOLITAN UK —
> A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
> second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
> selfie at the time.
>
> The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
> help save other lives in the UK".

Who wants an organ that's been dropped from a second floor window?

From: Incubus <incubus9536612@gmail.com>
From: Incubus <incubus9536612@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc,sac.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,nz.general
window while taking selfie
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 15:01:52 +0000
On 04/12/2017 14:16, Basil Jet wrote:
> On 2017\12\03 23:24, Tom Dick wrote:
>> COSMOPOLITAN UK —
>> A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
>> second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
>> selfie at the time.
>>
>> The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
>> help save other lives in the UK".
>
> Who wants an organ that's been dropped from a second floor window?

It's not as though it can be advertised as having one careful owner.

From: Basil Jet <basil@spamspamspam.com>
From: Basil Jet <basil@spamspamspam.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc,sac.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,nz.general
window while taking selfie
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 16:08:17 +0000
On 2017\12\04 15:01, Incubus wrote:
> On 04/12/2017 14:16, Basil Jet wrote:
>> On 2017\12\03 23:24, Tom Dick wrote:
>>> COSMOPOLITAN UK —
>>> A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
>>> second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
>>> selfie at the time.
>>>
>>> The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
>>> help save other lives in the UK".
>>
>> Who wants an organ that's been dropped from a second floor window?
>
> It's not as though it can be advertised as having one careful owner.

One lady pilot.

From: PeterN <peter.new@verizon.net>
Full headers:
From: PeterN <peter.new@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,uk.politics.misc,sac.politics,alt.politics.liberalism,nz.general
window while taking selfie
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 16:32:16 -0500
On 12/4/2017 9:16 AM, Basil Jet wrote:
> On 2017\12\03 23:24, Tom Dick wrote:
>> COSMOPOLITAN UK —
>> A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
>> second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
>> selfie at the time.
>>
>> The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
>> help save other lives in the UK".
>
> Who wants an organ that's been dropped from a second floor window?

An organ grinder?

--
PeterN

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:35:42 -0800 (PST)
window while taking selfie
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Sunday, 3 December 2017 18:31:40 UTC-5, Tom Dick  wrote:
> COSMOPOLITAN UK —
> A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
> second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
> selfie at the time.
>
> Toni Kelly, who was originally from New Zealand but had been
> living in London, suffered a brain injury as a result of the
> fall, and she subsequently died in hospital from her injuries.
>
> While it's not entirely clear what the exact circumstances
> surrounding Toni's fall were, according to Daily Mail Australia
> her friends believe she had been trying to take a photograph of
> herself near the window at the time.
>
> Toni's friends have set up a fundraising page on New Zealand
> crowdfunding website Give A Little to gather together the money
> required to bring Toni's body back to her family in New Zealand.
> Toni is described on the page as "a young, happy and beautiful
> girl who has had a tragic accident while living overseas in
> London."
>
> So far, over $38,000 has been raised in donations following the
> the young woman's death.
>
> The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
> help save other lives in the UK".
>
> The New Zealand Herald reports Toni's sister Stacey posted on
> Facebook to thank people for their donations. "I just wanna say
> thank you from the bottom of my heart for the endless support so
> far," the post reportedly said
>
> "We are completely lost for words & can't wait to be home."
>
> You can donate to Toni Kelly's Give A Little page here.
>
> http://www.wyff4.com/article/toni-kelly-died-falling-out-window-
> selfie/13926573

If everyone took just the first two lessons of a judo class, 1/2 the people who die in falls would
survive.

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 02:24:05 -0800 (PST)
window while taking selfie
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 04:35:52 UTC, RichA  wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 December 2017 18:31:40 UTC-5, Tom Dick  wrote:
> > COSMOPOLITAN UK —
> > A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
> > second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
> > selfie at the time.
> >
> > Toni Kelly, who was originally from New Zealand but had been
> > living in London, suffered a brain injury as a result of the
> > fall, and she subsequently died in hospital from her injuries.
> >
> > While it's not entirely clear what the exact circumstances
> > surrounding Toni's fall were, according to Daily Mail Australia
> > her friends believe she had been trying to take a photograph of
> > herself near the window at the time.
> >
> > Toni's friends have set up a fundraising page on New Zealand
> > crowdfunding website Give A Little to gather together the money
> > required to bring Toni's body back to her family in New Zealand.
> > Toni is described on the page as "a young, happy and beautiful
> > girl who has had a tragic accident while living overseas in
> > London."
> >
> > So far, over $38,000 has been raised in donations following the
> > the young woman's death.
> >
> > The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
> > help save other lives in the UK".
> >
> > The New Zealand Herald reports Toni's sister Stacey posted on
> > Facebook to thank people for their donations. "I just wanna say
> > thank you from the bottom of my heart for the endless support so
> > far," the post reportedly said
> >
> > "We are completely lost for words & can't wait to be home."
> >
> > You can donate to Toni Kelly's Give A Little page here.
> >
> > http://www.wyff4.com/article/toni-kelly-died-falling-out-window-
> > selfie/13926573
>
> If everyone took just the first two lessons of a judo class, 1/2 the people who die in falls would
survive.

Even from the 2nd floor I think that is highly unlikely.
Not many (if any) apartments have judo mats on the sidewalk/pavement outside.

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 16:03:13 -0800 (PST)
window while taking selfie
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 05:24:13 UTC-5, Whisky-dave  wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 04:35:52 UTC, RichA  wrote:
> > On Sunday, 3 December 2017 18:31:40 UTC-5, Tom Dick  wrote:
> > > COSMOPOLITAN UK —
> > > A young woman living in London has died after falling out of a
> > > second-story window. It was thought she may have been taking a
> > > selfie at the time.
> > >
> > > Toni Kelly, who was originally from New Zealand but had been
> > > living in London, suffered a brain injury as a result of the
> > > fall, and she subsequently died in hospital from her injuries.
> > >
> > > While it's not entirely clear what the exact circumstances
> > > surrounding Toni's fall were, according to Daily Mail Australia
> > > her friends believe she had been trying to take a photograph of
> > > herself near the window at the time.
> > >
> > > Toni's friends have set up a fundraising page on New Zealand
> > > crowdfunding website Give A Little to gather together the money
> > > required to bring Toni's body back to her family in New Zealand.
> > > Toni is described on the page as "a young, happy and beautiful
> > > girl who has had a tragic accident while living overseas in
> > > London."
> > >
> > > So far, over $38,000 has been raised in donations following the
> > > the young woman's death.
> > >
> > > The page also confirmed that Toni's organs had been donated "to
> > > help save other lives in the UK".
> > >
> > > The New Zealand Herald reports Toni's sister Stacey posted on
> > > Facebook to thank people for their donations. "I just wanna say
> > > thank you from the bottom of my heart for the endless support so
> > > far," the post reportedly said
> > >
> > > "We are completely lost for words & can't wait to be home."
> > >
> > > You can donate to Toni Kelly's Give A Little page here.
> > >
> > > http://www.wyff4.com/article/toni-kelly-died-falling-out-window-
> > > selfie/13926573
> >
> > If everyone took just the first two lessons of a judo class, 1/2 the people who die in falls
would survive.

> Even from the 2nd floor I think that is highly unlikely.
> Not many (if any) apartments have judo mats on the sidewalk/pavement outside.

Judo teaches you to do everything you can to avoid hitting your head.  Even to the point of letting
your arm or leg get broken.  That instinct would save a lot of people, even from a second-floor fall.

Next <
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 01:51:28 -0800 (PST)
window while taking selfie
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 00:03:22 UTC, RichA  wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 05:24:13 UTC-5, Whisky-dave  wrote:

> > > If everyone took just the first two lessons of a judo class, 1/2 the people who die in falls
would survive.

> > Even from the 2nd floor I think that is highly unlikely.
> > Not many (if any) apartments have judo mats on the sidewalk/pavement outside.
>
> Judo teaches you to do everything you can to avoid hitting your head.  Even to the point of
letting your arm or leg get broken.  That instinct would save a lot of people, even from a
second-floor fall.

I doubt that would apply to those taking selfies.