> Prev
From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
Subject: is anyone using a USB charger to charge their camera battery on the go?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:54:27 -0800 (PST)
From: sobriquet <dohduhdah@yahoo.com>
Since the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III appears to have a rather
dismal battery life, I was wondering if anyone had any experience
using a USB charger to recharge their batteries on the go from
something like a power bank.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-g1-x-mark-iii-revie

How long would it take to recharge a battery?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lemix-Charger-Batteries-Specific-Powershot/...

It seems an interesting option, since you would be able to use the
power bank to recharge the smartphone as well as a spare camera
battery and the smartphone can also be used to operate the camera
remotely for candid street photography (with the camera
inconspicuously hanging on the neck strap).

Thx in advance for any feedback!

Next <
From: Noons <wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au>
From: Noons <wizofoz2k@yahoo.com.au>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: is anyone using a USB charger to charge their camera battery on
the go?
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 22:55:17 +1100
On 22/12/2017 9:54 @wiz, sobriquet wrote:

> Since the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III appears to have a rather
> dismal battery life, I was wondering if anyone had any experience
> using a USB charger to recharge their batteries on the go from
> something like a power bank.

Not sure about Canons.  I used a solar rechargeable USB power bank with
great success in my April NZ cruise.  Left it in the balcony every
morning to catch the rays. Then in the evening charged the phone,
Samsung tablet and the batteries for one of my cameras in no time at all.
For some reason, those things charge a lot faster than normal
transformer-based chargers.
I reckon it's something to do with the high current capacity of those
power bricks.
Mine came with cables I can use to jump start a car if needed.

It starts my son's 4-Cylinder Subaru Forester in seconds!  Amazing
technology, really.  Particularly considering it's all solar powered!