> Prev
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.20.153 with SMTP id l25mr5623914qtj.58.1514749040365;
Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:37:20 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.171.73 with SMTP id u70mr3851990vke.10.1514749039919;
Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:37:19 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!g35no4694338qtk.1!news-out.google.com!t48ni1722qtc.1!nntp.google.com!g35no4694337qtk.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 11:37:19 -0800 (PST)
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
Subject: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 19:37:20 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3756327474
X-Received-Bytes: 1285
Print Article
Forward Article
Toronto lakefront.  Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.  Predictions are
Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 15:30:54 -0600
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 13:30:54 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
Lines: 18
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-Ui8CLKX3tXNtQcqKGGbq7MXCTIhtXC9UoAHeShbHcTmzuaWIlOc+2TFHrniZ1JT8Z3pyVFQBjHCMNyj!Yjvu0OKKpGg0AdIiG0GTvZMp3Kx4EH1pLBM1+LYLXKMaHVTxR/yO9Um3oj17LIdTLu1fEJ6mKXv1!+qxT0J3WPsA=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 1545
X-Received-Bytes: 1667
X-Received-Body-CRC: 2908836024
Print Article
Forward Article
On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
(in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):

> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original

I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently 
62ºF (16.7ºC).

I don’t miss shovelling snow.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:40:40 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 23
Message-ID: <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 21:40:39 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="250fabd395fee362666b2fbf84d0b802";
logging-data="24698"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18Mhotkxbk7DYRIgpsA7OMN1SjLXPxP6LU="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:UZbZWqe1FXHYb7vBxaNu1yR3jg8=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> 
>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>
It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its 
deepest.

>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> 
> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> 
> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> 
We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)

-- 
best regards,

Neil 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 16:26:24 -0600
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 14:26:24 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
Lines: 36
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-4YY+n7nRZNZwtb9R09ME8PKkMmZf7vq56p/76jOuBaiAtHo9LrwuK7axFlwlGJxk6MQKUu2Jf8MvWIa!vs3zAr7ptUyvUjygzhMx3ZZn2qd2SjQUSf7q+aMXT6miwGHVwdKVzErWUI+ssexmPgS+3qLjzZxJ!+yEG7udjS7k=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2402
Print Article
Forward Article
On Dec 31, 2017, Neil wrote
(in article <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> >
> > > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> > > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
> deepest.
>
> > > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> >
> > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> >
> > I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)

Where I am at Lake Nacimiento we avoided the fires in Sonoma/Napa and 
Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties this year. Last year (2016) it was a lot 
closer, and we were fortunate.

....but I am not shovelling snow.

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mplqoru94ebrpv/ChimneyFire.png>
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/zco75dwukay3ofw/Chimney02.jpeg>
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2jryjd5w7updnk/Chimney03.jpeg>
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xnazziyn81i60g/DSF3556c.jpg>

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:12:39 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 42
Message-ID: <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
<0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 16:12:37 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="0a4e600497755a9e519a01f9eedf957d";
logging-data="32146"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX186cSJ2w4Yzzd0A4DdlN34Rg1N033Mfu6I="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:vbYe9Kkkl9jRfx7hA8Oxn/7wj5k=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 12/31/2017 5:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2017, Neil wrote
> (in article <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>):
> 
>> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
>>> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
>>>
>>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
>> deepest.
>>
>>>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
>>>
>>> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
>>> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
>>>
>>> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
>> We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)
> 
> Where I am at Lake Nacimiento we avoided the fires in Sonoma/Napa and
> Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties this year. Last year (2016) it was a lot
> closer, and we were fortunate.
> 
> ...but I am not shovelling snow.
> 
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mplqoru94ebrpv/ChimneyFire.png>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/zco75dwukay3ofw/Chimney02.jpeg>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2jryjd5w7updnk/Chimney03.jpeg>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xnazziyn81i60g/DSF3556c.jpg>
> 
We have to shovel a few inches from a 15' walkway to our door every now 
and then. The driveway is cleared by our plow service and the sidewalk 
is handled by our community. Really, no big deal.

OTOH, near-zero temps for a couple of weeks...

-- 
best regards,

Neil 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:41:57 -0600
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:41:58 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.1FFA9C5600820CBE70000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me> <0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>
Lines: 52
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-l42N5VyZCPhR8wxjjOFZqcLzZ3JS/ekykqXbA2DRnX4xgfBiImYs6y9JzUAQt1I7OjVj2qNo85psLa4!mCipLLlvPTM/UEwj9AacCtyKG6Wc80057upl5vNQi83t+OADkXgLEAcFvJ1KTrNvByfd43tvSJZ6!APGYERLefK8=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 3310
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 1, 2018, Neil wrote
(in article <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 12/31/2017 5:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2017, Neil wrote
> > (in article <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>):
> >
> > > On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > > > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > > > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> > > >
> > > > > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre
> > > > > Island.
> > > > > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> > > It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
> > > deepest.
> > >
> > > > > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> > > >
> > > > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > > > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> > > >
> > > > I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> > > We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)
> >
> > Where I am at Lake Nacimiento we avoided the fires in Sonoma/Napa and
> > Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties this year. Last year (2016) it was a lot
> > closer, and we were fortunate.
> >
> > ...but I am not shovelling snow.
> >
> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mplqoru94ebrpv/ChimneyFire.png>
> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/zco75dwukay3ofw/Chimney02.jpeg>
> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2jryjd5w7updnk/Chimney03.jpeg>
> > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xnazziyn81i60g/DSF3556c.jpg>
> We have to shovel a few inches from a 15' walkway to our door every now
> and then. The driveway is cleared by our plow service and the sidewalk
> is handled by our community. Really, no big deal.
>
> OTOH, near-zero temps for a couple of weeks...

Yup. When I lived in Upstate NY, Winter in much of my old stomping grounds 
could be a real shovel fest. Sometimes it was just futile to fight it. One 
Winter spent living up in the Adirondacks at Inlet was enough to convince me 
that I was not cut out to spend Winter cut off from civilization, warmth, and 
Sunshine.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.72.207 with SMTP id v198mr11706909qka.22.1514827994752;
Mon, 01 Jan 2018 09:33:14 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.149.200 with SMTP id x191mr3326474vkd.3.1514827994423;
Mon, 01 Jan 2018 09:33:14 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!m31no5085526qtf.0!news-out.google.com!t48ni1891qtc.1!nntp.google.com!g35no5079479qtk.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 09:33:14 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FFA9C5600820CBE70000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
<0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>
<0001HW.1FFA9C5600820CBE70000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <52f166ba-cae5-412d-a05e-a23b7e440fcd@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 17:33:14 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 3704
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1422707426
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, 1 January 2018 11:42:07 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2018, Neil wrote
> (in article <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>):
> 
> > On 12/31/2017 5:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > > On Dec 31, 2017, Neil wrote
> > > (in article <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>):
> > >
> > > > On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > > > > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > > > > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> > > > >
> > > > > > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre
> > > > > > Island.
> > > > > > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> > > > It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
> > > > deepest.
> > > >
> > > > > > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> > > > >
> > > > > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > > > > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> > > > We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)
> > >
> > > Where I am at Lake Nacimiento we avoided the fires in Sonoma/Napa and
> > > Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties this year. Last year (2016) it was a lot
> > > closer, and we were fortunate.
> > >
> > > ...but I am not shovelling snow.
> > >
> > > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mplqoru94ebrpv/ChimneyFire.png>
> > > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/zco75dwukay3ofw/Chimney02.jpeg>
> > > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2jryjd5w7updnk/Chimney03.jpeg>
> > > <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xnazziyn81i60g/DSF3556c.jpg>
> > We have to shovel a few inches from a 15' walkway to our door every now
> > and then. The driveway is cleared by our plow service and the sidewalk
> > is handled by our community. Really, no big deal.
> >
> > OTOH, near-zero temps for a couple of weeks...
> 
> Yup. When I lived in Upstate NY, Winter in much of my old stomping grounds 
> could be a real shovel fest. Sometimes it was just futile to fight it. One 
> Winter spent living up in the Adirondacks at Inlet was enough to convince me 
> that I was not cut out to spend Winter cut off from civilization, warmth, and 
> Sunshine.
 

Lot of heart attacks with people who don't get any exercise normally. 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 17:25:41 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 60
Message-ID: <p2ech2$pdu$1@dont-email.me>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
<0001HW.1FF99B900045DEC670000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>
<0001HW.1FFA9C5600820CBE70000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<52f166ba-cae5-412d-a05e-a23b7e440fcd@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:25:38 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="0a4e600497755a9e519a01f9eedf957d";
logging-data="26046"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+JsFNr3MAez2u/lYj8LMWuquQxQEDA2hk="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <52f166ba-cae5-412d-a05e-a23b7e440fcd@googlegroups.com>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:iHOSZpiur27wQ0XxkVgmOvPWh7w=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/1/2018 12:33 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Monday, 1 January 2018 11:42:07 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
>> On Jan 1, 2018, Neil wrote
>> (in article <p2dmll$vci$1@dont-email.me>):
>>
>>> On 12/31/2017 5:26 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>>> On Dec 31, 2017, Neil wrote
>>>> (in article <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>):
>>>>
>>>>> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>>>>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
>>>>>> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre
>>>>>>> Island.
>>>>>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>>>> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
>>>>> deepest.
>>>>>
>>>>>>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
>>>>>> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
>>>>> We don't miss mandatory evacuations, or returning to rubble. ;-)
>>>>
>>>> Where I am at Lake Nacimiento we avoided the fires in Sonoma/Napa and
>>>> Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties this year. Last year (2016) it was a lot
>>>> closer, and we were fortunate.
>>>>
>>>> ...but I am not shovelling snow.
>>>>
>>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/0mplqoru94ebrpv/ChimneyFire.png>
>>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/zco75dwukay3ofw/Chimney02.jpeg>
>>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2jryjd5w7updnk/Chimney03.jpeg>
>>>> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xnazziyn81i60g/DSF3556c.jpg>
>>> We have to shovel a few inches from a 15' walkway to our door every now
>>> and then. The driveway is cleared by our plow service and the sidewalk
>>> is handled by our community. Really, no big deal.
>>>
>>> OTOH, near-zero temps for a couple of weeks...
>>
>> Yup. When I lived in Upstate NY, Winter in much of my old stomping grounds
>> could be a real shovel fest. Sometimes it was just futile to fight it. One
>> Winter spent living up in the Adirondacks at Inlet was enough to convince me
>> that I was not cut out to spend Winter cut off from civilization, warmth, and
>> Sunshine.
>   
> 
> Lot of heart attacks with people who don't get any exercise normally.
> 
OTOH, this is "Mother Nature's Exercise Emporium", open to all and free 
of charge! Makes more sense to me than wallowing around on some 
treadmill where nothing gets done at the end of the day... ;-)

-- 
best regards,

Neil 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.55.29 with SMTP id o29mr30207300qtb.38.1514823241011;
Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:14:01 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.96.72 with SMTP id u69mr4087326vkb.11.1514823240862; Mon,
01 Jan 2018 08:14:00 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!m31no5055733qtf.0!news-out.google.com!t48ni1887qtc.1!nntp.google.com!m31no5055729qtf.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 08:14:00 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <b81cef41-3a3b-4986-8b4e-afa986ee6fc3@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:14:00 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Received-Bytes: 1843
X-Received-Body-CRC: 314579257
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:40:45 UTC-5, Neil  wrote:
> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> > 
> >> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> >> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> >>
> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its 
> deepest.
>  

200ft.  60ft is the average.  It doesn't always freeze. Also, a lot of it freezes, but I don't think
it's ever been 100% of the surface.  But I figure it must have because there have been cold spells
in the past. 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 17:37:43 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <p2ed7l$v54$1@dont-email.me>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
<b81cef41-3a3b-4986-8b4e-afa986ee6fc3@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 22:37:41 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="0a4e600497755a9e519a01f9eedf957d";
logging-data="31908"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18zQje0RpXLmGCmv1auBC79kEJgN7MymsM="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <b81cef41-3a3b-4986-8b4e-afa986ee6fc3@googlegroups.com>
Content-Language: en-US
Cancel-Lock: sha1:EpaG2qVj14V6rlUBR5nnTZB0ryQ=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/1/2018 11:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:40:45 UTC-5, Neil  wrote:
>> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
>>> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
>>>
>>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>>>
>> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only about 60' at its
>> deepest.
>>   
> 
> 200ft.  60ft is the average.  It doesn't always freeze. Also, a lot of it freezes, but I don't
think it's ever been 100% of the surface.  But I figure it must have because there have been cold
spells in the past.
> 
OK... Still, there are many years when ice breakers are used to cut a 
channel through the completely frozen lake. Also, that 210' depth is in 
the east end of the lake, where the lake effect snowfall causes cities 
and towns to deal with 5' or more in a single day of snow. Get enough 
days of that and the lake freezes over.

-- 
best regards,

Neil 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.105.199 with SMTP id e190mr7389073qkc.49.1514899995088;
Tue, 02 Jan 2018 05:33:15 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.49.200 with SMTP id x191mr4375557vkx.2.1514899994834;
Tue, 02 Jan 2018 05:33:14 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!g35no5493746qtk.1!news-out.google.com!v55ni1836qtc.0!nntp.google.com!g35no5493743qtk.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 05:33:14 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <p2ed7l$v54$1@dont-email.me>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=143.85.5.18; posting-account=0CpTdQoAAAAmSInk8jVG66x_0WniZELF
NNTP-Posting-Host: 143.85.5.18
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <p2blgn$o3q$1@dont-email.me>
<b81cef41-3a3b-4986-8b4e-afa986ee6fc3@googlegroups.com> <p2ed7l$v54$1@dont-email.me>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <c43f1aa3-3477-449d-b0c3-1df7dcc16216@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Injection-Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 13:33:15 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 48
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 5:37:47 PM UTC-5, Neil wrote:
> On 1/1/2018 11:14 AM, RichA wrote:
> > On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:40:45 UTC-5, Neil  wrote:
> >> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> >>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> >>>
> >>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city
> >>>> to Centre Island.
> >>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may
> >>>> freeze over.
> >>>>
> >> It's typical for Lake Erie to freeze over as it's only
> >> about 60' at its deepest.
> >>   
> > 
> > 200ft.  60ft is the average.  It doesn't always freeze.
> > Also, a lot of it freezes, but I don't think it's ever
> > been 100% of the surface.  But I figure it must have 
> >because there have been cold spells in the past.
> 
> OK... Still, there are many years when ice breakers are
> used to cut a channel through the completely frozen lake.
> Also, that 210' depth is in the east end of the lake, 
> where the lake effect snowfall causes cities and towns to
> deal with 5' or more in a single day of snow. Get enough 
> days of that and the lake freezes over.


Here's a handy reference:

<https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/#historical>

For all the lakes combined, the Annual Max Ice
coverage's average is 55%:

https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/imgs/IceCoverAnnMax_1973_2017.jp...

And for Lake Erie specifically (Annual Max Ice Cover):

<https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/data/ice/imgs/erie.pdf>

KISS summary from eyeballing the above chart, looks there's
been seven years since 1973 (inclusive) where Erie has hit 
100% coverage, which is 7/25 = 15% of the time.  Similarly, 
there's been 15 years (33%) where its been less than 90%, 
which means that 67% of the time it is 90% or higher.  


-hh 

	
From: Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 23:17:34 -0600
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
From: Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>
Organization: Say what?
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 00:17:33 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Antivirus: AVG (VPS 171231-0, 12/31/2017), Outbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
Message-ID: <2c6dnSUAQf7zWdTHnZ2dnUU7-eHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 30
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-GN0Jl8qwscYCnXq5EXB+eOhos5VaVaphvkaK6I35DDo4BKOI8rL/1JFj4nAYgqzucTtHuyAQ3AKeIpK!0Ly2hBiD7cYhKX0CZBTJmSBGhiTanS/RdNn576MiisJTwa6y7qwGMaAmJ1mzoz/OpXhX7fxXZvfu
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2132
X-Received-Body-CRC: 238255239
X-Received-Bytes: 2374
Print Article
Forward Article
On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> 
>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> 
> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> 62 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!news6
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 14:08:18 -0500
Organization: NewsGuy - Unlimited Usenet $23.95
Lines: 29
Message-ID: <p2e1s001il5@news6.newsguy.com>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<2c6dnSUAQf7zWdTHnZ2dnUU7-eHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: pbee357aeeade725973d42698e24f50b15e23a7fc097dcc67.newsdawg.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <2c6dnSUAQf7zWdTHnZ2dnUU7-eHNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Content-Language: en-US
X-Received-Bytes: 1836
X-Received-Body-CRC: 883649360
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/1/2018 12:17 AM, Ron C wrote:
> On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
>> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre 
>>> Island.
>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
>>
>> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
>> 62 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.6.208 with SMTP id j16mr30737894qth.20.1514823055370;
Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:10:55 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.165.202 with SMTP id o193mr4081532vke.9.1514823055090;
Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:10:55 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!g35no5049198qtk.1!news-out.google.com!t48ni1887qtc.1!nntp.google.com!m31no5054664qtf.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 08:10:54 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:10:55 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 1900
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1517509088
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:31:06 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> 
> > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> 
> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently 
> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> 
> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> 
> -- 
> 
> Regards,
> Savageduck

Friend of mine took off for Mauritius in the Indian Ocean as soon as the cold started. 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 10:31:06 -0600
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:31:06 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.1FFA99CA0081741370000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>
Lines: 33
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-wYv//Vx+Y5Npe7Q43EI593XNQ4ZJWZGhQ+iFG13H4xwwrqKrUZzIt7aDYaov1cr38iCpNKvz5Dk9CGg!ZoMry929HMQNf0ST1mV0MfmlweayrX3MmOJVsNDMOuhCteCjR67jeSlI+wpcZQfgLQ3QK9ygLpDh!KqUnJGlMJiA=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2449
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 1, 2018, RichA wrote
(in article<248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>):

> On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:31:06 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> > (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> >
> > > Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
> > > Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
> > >
> > > http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> >
> > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> >
> > I don’t miss shovelling snow.
>
> Friend of mine took off for Mauritius in the Indian Ocean as soon as the cold
> started.

Mauritius is one of those great tropical island get-aways. Back in the days 
when I worked for a Schering-Plough out of Kenilworth, NJ, we had a week long 
conference on Mauritius. Needless to say, a good deal of that week was tied 
up in non-work related activity. Now that you reminded me of that trip 35 
years ago, I think it might be worthwhile planning a return visit. AirFrance 
has a daily service via Paris, and I am sure that these days there are other 
connections.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!news6
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 14:12:26 -0500
Organization: NewsGuy - Unlimited Usenet $23.95
Lines: 34
Message-ID: <p2e23o01int@news6.newsguy.com>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
<248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FFA99CA0081741370000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: p4808a404313e18de77958dd2d3e9cb72d786086788999012.newsdawg.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FFA99CA0081741370000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Language: en-US
X-Received-Bytes: 2398
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3539345971
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/1/2018 11:31 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2018, RichA wrote
> (in article<248ddcb2-1231-4780-ae89-aeb47168c43c@googlegroups.com>):
> 
>> On Sunday, 31 December 2017 16:31:06 UTC-5, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
>>> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
>>>
>>>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>>>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>>>
>>>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
>>>
>>> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
>>> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
>>>
>>> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
>>
>> Friend of mine took off for Mauritius in the Indian Ocean as soon as the cold
>> started.
> 
> Mauritius is one of those great tropical island get-aways. Back in the days
> when I worked for a Schering-Plough out of Kenilworth, NJ, we had a week long
> conference on Mauritius. Needless to say, a good deal of that week was tied
> up in non-work related activity. Now that you reminded me of that trip 35
> years ago, I think it might be worthwhile planning a return visit. AirFrance
> has a daily service via Paris, and I am sure that these days there are other
> connections.
> 

And to think I used to get paid to go to the Cayman Islands, several 
times a year.
-- 
PeterN 

	
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!news6
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 13:43:18 -0500
Organization: NewsGuy - Unlimited Usenet $23.95
Lines: 24
Message-ID: <p2e0d301hvt@news6.newsguy.com>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: ped0852f3be95cba8a9e69f97dfb14feb2892ec0825dc8bab.newsdawg.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Language: en-US
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1061304073
X-Received-Bytes: 1680
Print Article
Forward Article
On 12/31/2017 4:30 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On Dec 31, 2017, RichA wrote
> (in article<8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>):
> 
>> Toronto lakefront. Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre Island.
>> Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze over.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original
> 
> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> 62ºF (16.7ºC).
> 
> I don’t miss shovelling snow.
> 

Neither do I. The co-op does all the work.

If Niagara does freeze over, I may go for a drive. For me it's about 
eight hours.

My alternative is Watkins Glen. (All subject to medical approval.

-- 
PeterN 

	
From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: Paul Carmichael <wibbleypants@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 16:14:42 +0100
Lines: 15
Message-ID: <fb1lv3Fa40pU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
<0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net 8ZADQ52e6f/qdqp5DMwscAkTWp3h54hCuvXKEpKv3uEuPuhKw=
Cancel-Lock: sha1:a2BdwoLLIirmQrdrye6kXleQ02c=
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.0
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Language: es-ES
Print Article
Forward Article
On 31/12/17 22:30, Savageduck wrote:

> I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> 62ºF (16.7ºC).

Every time I've been to SF I've always had to wear a woolly hat.

Having said that, it's damned cold here right now. Two layers of clothing to go outside at 
night.

-- 
Paul.

  https://paulc.es/
  https://asetrad.org 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 09:46:45 -0600
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 07:46:45 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.1FFBE0E500CE1DD2700001F4E2CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.1FF98E8E0042D26770000A4592CF@news.giganews.com> <fb1lv3Fa40pU1@mid.individual.net>
Lines: 33
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-gUYWJ02q2YRgELUCHEY/adv9HeuWP66sAk9YZCeo3q54fdyJ9GANwP1g5ekrIz2f1WKJF9P5Ac/yoKa!L/bdIZJQQYTgIVDtpJF0j+hmehyNwJ46+hQxDSs1rNDxOVvquJZvwgvFQ9dM26ObF4d7/fzzxgZU!sKf8iRYIl5A=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2352
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3730301700
X-Received-Bytes: 2564
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 2, 2018, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article<fb1lv3Fa40pU1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 31/12/17 22:30, Savageduck wrote:
>
> > I knew there was a reason I moved from the East to California. Currently
> > 62ºF (16.7ºC).
>
> Every time I've been to SF I've always had to wear a woolly hat.

There is a reason for that old misattributed Mark Twain addage; “The 
coldest Winter I have ever experienced, was a Summer in San Francisco.”

While the California North Coast, and the SF Bay Area can bear the brunt of 
cold fronts pushed down from Alaska, it is nothing compared to the low 
temperatures that the MidWest, NorthEast, and much of Canada can experience. 
To get cold and snow out here we have to head to the mountains where 
conditions can be pretty Wintery, and folks can be buried in snow, an ice.

Fortunately I live about 250 miles South of the SF Bay Area on the Central 
Coast, in San Luis Obispo County.
>
> Having said that, it's damned cold here right now. Two layers of clothing to
> go outside at night.

It is a tad fresh here this morning at 42ºF(5.5ºC), but we have a forecast 
high of 72ºF(22.2ºC).

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 12:17:01 -0600
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2018 13:17:01 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.5.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <DqydnY4UePyA5tfHnZ2dnUU7-UFg4p2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 9
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-NSNFfIiFOFBolfylw0ZM0S7zWGyaCRpLZ4+ZRvp93qvhVppx75UdJs1YGh0zcUxPlc5jVBxNeSHAqEa!/UbMVEqt7fqwykQ4goWpabXLjZ9v5OtM/HLmNi0aICqCyfu4CmLcfWsvWyvb9uUoDEjCK+wJCNw=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 1267
Print Article
Forward Article
Weather ≠ Climate. 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.55.208 with SMTP id e199mr33498936qka.0.1514931464026;
Tue, 02 Jan 2018 14:17:44 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.158.84 with SMTP id h81mr4516026vke.6.1514931463717; Tue,
02 Jan 2018 14:17:43 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!m31no5756396qtf.0!news-out.google.com!t48ni2298qtc.1!nntp.google.com!m31no5756395qtf.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 14:17:43 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <DqydnY4UePyA5tfHnZ2dnUU7-UFg4p2d@giganews.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com> <DqydnY4UePyA5tfHnZ2dnUU7-UFg4p2d@giganews.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <3c113d39-82dd-4111-b5e2-d66682f1b770@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2018 22:17:43 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
X-Received-Bytes: 1347
X-Received-Body-CRC: 2448666009
Print Article
Forward Article
On Monday, 1 January 2018 13:17:10 UTC-5, Alan Browne  wrote:
> Weather ≠ Climate.

Unless the weather agrees with global warming's HIGHLY massaged data. 

	
Next <
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news-2.dfn.de!news.dfn.de!news.informatik.hu-berlin.de!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: "G-g-global warm-m-ming!"
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 17:10:17 +0100
Organization: the center
Lines: 13
Message-ID: <fb1p79FaueeU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <8ee91ac3-0aec-45c9-8584-6cb0da5adced@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net OicLnYiWwCbRZWvVDGV96Qn3GqTASoJH1x27PeS+O2Y59g08vU
Cancel-Lock: sha1:WTZ/HIxbeDvC786gtJhyuU/wfMQ=
User-Agent: Unison/2.2
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2017-12-31 19:37:19 +0000, RichA said:

> Toronto lakefront.  Lake freezes all the way from the city to Centre 
> Island.  Predictions are Niagara Falls and all of Lake Erie may freeze 
> over.
> 
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/166782960/original

Yeah. Could be... Climate change ain't as predictable as coal hugging 
conservatives...
-- 
teleportation kills