> Prev
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 22:24:09 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become such a
litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A nation
of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Nanny-state loving park a---holes ban tripods
Full headers:
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:19:59 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
(in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):

> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The
> U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the
> potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has
> become wussville.
>
> <https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...

Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand to
other National Parks. If you have ever visited Zion you might have a better
idea of the congestion issues on the Valley floor, in the slot canyons, and
on the precarious hikes on the canyon walls. As a regular visitor to many
National Parks I have never had issues using a tripod. That said I haven’t
visited Zion for some time, and there are obviously rule changes which need
to be made due to the increase in popularity of the place.

If you want to see a place where there is bizarre control over photographers,
and photography workshops try a visit to Antelope Canyon and the other
photogenic sites under control of the Navajo Nation. If you take a regular
Antelope Canyon tour you will not be permitted to take a tripod, and the
scenes in the slot canyon are over crowded. To get the crowd free shots and
use a tripod you have to sign up and pay for one of the Navajo guided photo
groups, which will make a determination with regard to your camera equipment
before allowing into the group. Now I see that those locations have become so
overcrowded and the Navajo Nation has stopped/restricted the various Antelope
Canyon photography tours.

<https://www.navajoantelopecanyon.com/Photo.asp>
<http://lowerantelope.com/photographer-tour/>
<https://navajotours.com/tour-packages/>

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:37:30 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 18 January 2018 03:20:10 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
> (in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):
>
> > I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The
> > U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the
> > potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has
> > become wussville.
> >
> > <https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>
> Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand to
> other National Parks.

Not yet.  There are a number of sources agitating for further restrictions on any human elements in
the parks and other natural areas.  If the nature kooks had their way, only an elite few (including
them) would have access to these areas.  Pretty soon, you'll be restricted to marked footpaths, you
won't be able to deviate and explore at all.  If that sounds far-fetched, it's already happened in
some areas in Canada and England.

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:12:17 +0100
On 2018-01-18 08:37:30 +0000, RichA said:

> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 03:20:10 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
>> (in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The
>>> U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the
>>> potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has
>>> become wussville.
>>>
>>> <https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>>

>> Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand
>> to> other National Parks.
>
> Not yet.  There are a number of sources agitating for further
> restrictions on any human elements in the parks and other natural
> areas.  If the nature kooks had their way, only an elite few (including
> them) would have access to these areas.  Pretty soon, you'll be
> restricted to marked footpaths, you won't be able to deviate and
> explore at all.  If that sounds far-fetched, it's already happened in
> some areas in Canada and England.

The Yanks's getting more and more like them Ruskies under Breznew with
five year plans, trying to tell everyone who's gets to do what and
showing of buttons. Their President maries Russian women!!!

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h15XWqQQBbs>
--
teleportation kills

From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
From: Tim Watts <tw_usenet@dionic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 15:10:55 +0000
On 18/01/18 08:37, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 03:20:10 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
>> (in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):
>>
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??! The
>>> U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the
>>> potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and winners has
>>> become wussville.
>>>
>>> <https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand to
>> other National Parks.
>
> Not yet.  There are a number of sources agitating for further restrictions on any human elements
in the parks and other natural areas.  If the nature kooks had their way, only an elite few
(including them) would have access to these areas.  Pretty soon, you'll be restricted to marked
footpaths, you won't be able to deviate and explore at all.  If that sounds far-fetched, it's
already happened in some areas in Canada and England.

Which bit of England are you thinking about?

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 07:52:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 18 January 2018 15:11:05 UTC, Tim Watts  wrote:
> On 18/01/18 08:37, RichA wrote:
> > On Thursday, 18 January 2018 03:20:10 UTC-5, Savageduck  wrote:
> >> On Jan 17, 2018, RichA wrote
> >> (in article<20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com>):

> >> Note that this restriction is limited to Zion NP, and does not expand to
> >> other National Parks.
> >
> > Not yet.  There are a number of sources agitating for further restrictions on any human elements
in the parks and other natural areas.  If the nature kooks had their way, only an elite few
(including them) would have access to these areas.  Pretty soon, you'll be restricted to marked
footpaths, you won't be able to deviate and explore at all.  If that sounds far-fetched, it's
already happened in some areas in Canada and England.

> Which bit of England are you thinking about?

Well yeah they did that with Steven Frayne, just becauuse he started to walk across the Thames the
river police came and pulled him into their boat and carted him off, I bet they wouldn't have done
that to Jesus.

From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500
On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become such
a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A nation
of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...

1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.

2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakfd5y57cfck6h/Angels-Landing-Zion.jpg

Bring plenty of water.

--
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 08:26:31 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 18 January 2018 19:33:11 UTC-5, Alan Browne  wrote:
> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
> > I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become
such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A
nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

> > https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>
> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>
> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the Marxists who run the parks
even allow someone off "designated paths") will he not be allowed to use a tripod?

From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:50:42 -0500
On 2018-01-19 11:26, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 19:33:11 UTC-5, Alan Browne  wrote:
>> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become
such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A
nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

>>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
>> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>>
>> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
>> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
>> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
>> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>>

> So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the Marxists who run the
parks even allow someone off "designated paths") will he not be allowed to use a tripod?

What part of groups (workshops) is giving you a comprehension challenge?

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 08:53:18 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 19, 2018, RichA wrote
(in article<25239f6b-3373-4157-b434-e89d29398b58@googlegroups.com>):

> On Thursday, 18 January 2018 19:33:11 UTC-5, Alan Browne wrote:
> > On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
> > > I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!
> > > The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified
> > > of the potential of any kind of accident. A nation of risk-takers and
> > > winners has become wussville.
> > >
> > > https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
> > > y-workshops/
> >
> > 1. Seems to be limited to workshops. I get it: a gang of 10 people
> > blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
> >
> > 2. I've done Zion. Beautiful. Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
> > 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing. It was only 43°C so no sweat. Well,
> > you did sweat, but it evaporated quick. That trail and final climb up
> > Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>
> So, if some guy is out in the open, nowhere near any people (assuming the
> Marxists who run the parks even allow someone off "designated paths") will he
> not be allowed to use a tripod?

There are a few reasons why folks need to stick to the designated paths in
some National Parks.

<http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-yellowstone-death-201...
snap-story.html>

<https://nypost.com/2016/11/15/man-dies-trying-to-hot-pot-in-yellowst...
spring/>

<http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40292212>

<http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/07/yosemite-waterfall-de...
witness-watched-in-horror-as-three-swept-away.html>

<http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localnews/3713545-151/fall-at-park-pro...
fatal>

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:45:26 +0100

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 05:37:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Saturday, 20 January 2018 15:45:35 UTC, android  wrote:
> On 2018-01-19 16:53:18 +0000, Savageduck said:

> > <http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localnews/3713545-151/fall-at-park-pro...
> > fatal>
>
> If you are allowed to smoke, tobacco then you should be allowed to
> enjoy the view from a cliff in a wilderness reservation...

Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?
And how many drones need to be flown before it is no longer called a wilderness reservation. ?

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 18:14:46 +0100
On 2018-01-22 13:37:04 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Saturday, 20 January 2018 15:45:35 UTC, android  wrote:
>> On 2018-01-19 16:53:18 +0000, Savageduck said:
>
>>> <http://www.uniondemocrat.com/localnews/3713545-151/fall-at-park-pro...
>>> fatal>
>>
>> If you are allowed to smoke, tobacco then you should be allowed to
>> enjoy the view from a cliff in a wilderness reservation...
>
> Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?

Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?

> And how many drones need to be flown before it is no longer called a
> wilderness reservation. ?

Licensed?
--
teleportation kills

From: android <here@there.was>
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 18:16:06 +0100
On 2018-01-22 17:14:46 +0000, android said:

> On 2018-01-22 13:37:04 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

>>> If you are allowed to smoke, tobacco then you should be allowed to
>>> enjoy the view from a cliff in a wilderness reservation...
>>
>> Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?
>
> Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?

Or if you fall on someone can you sue? What does Sue say?

--
teleportation kills

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 02:06:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:16:10 UTC, android  wrote:
> On 2018-01-22 17:14:46 +0000, android said:

> >> Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?
> >
> > Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?
>
> Or if you fall on someone can you sue? What does Sue say?

come again.

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:28:09 +0100
References: <20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com> <SqudneK4QdkhofzHnZ2dnUU7-cnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <25239f6b-3373-4157-b434-e89d29398b58@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.201259FE00FBF018700008A512CF@news.giganews.com> <fch6gmF4t40U1@mid.individual.net> <145b5409-cb39-4c38-aedc-15b207b5caa8@googlegroups.com> <fcmkg6Fcq6rU1@mid.individual.net> <fcmkimFcq6rU2@mid.individual.net> <aa48a7f4-09f0-4737-92a2-6cd17f1b8bf2@googlegroups.com>
On 2018-01-23 10:06:59 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:16:10 UTC, android  wrote:

>>> Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?
>>
>> Or if you fall on someone can you sue? What does Sue say?
>
> come again.

Don't go there...

--
teleportation kills

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 02:06:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:14:54 UTC, android  wrote:
> On 2018-01-22 13:37:04 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> >> If you are allowed to smoke, tobacco then you should be allowed to
> >> enjoy the view from a cliff in a wilderness reservation...
> >
> > Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?
>
> Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?

Anything's possible in the USA when it comes to sueing isn't it ?

> > And how many drones need to be flown before it is no longer called a
> > wilderness reservation. ?
>
> Licensed?

irrelivant to whether or not a place is called a wilderness.
If disney opened up a theme park there would it still be a wilderness. ?

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:27:19 +0100
References: <20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com> <SqudneK4QdkhofzHnZ2dnUU7-cnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <25239f6b-3373-4157-b434-e89d29398b58@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.201259FE00FBF018700008A512CF@news.giganews.com> <fch6gmF4t40U1@mid.individual.net> <145b5409-cb39-4c38-aedc-15b207b5caa8@googlegroups.com> <fcmkg6Fcq6rU1@mid.individual.net> <5092a6a5-e3bc-4105-8690-73940d3e8112@googlegroups.com>
On 2018-01-23 10:06:05 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Monday, 22 January 2018 17:14:54 UTC, android  wrote:

>>> Yeah but what if someone falls on you ?
>>
>> Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?
>
> Anything's possible in the USA when it comes to sueing isn't it ?

Unless Sue objects...

>>> And how many drones need to be flown before it is no longer called a
>>> wilderness reservation. ?
>>
>> Licensed?
>
> irrelivant to whether or not a place is called a wilderness.
> If disney opened up a theme park there would it still be a wilderness. ?

If them drones ain't licensed then they are threes passing, littering
and not part of  the program. Take that gun and shoot them down! ;-)
--
teleportation kills

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 04:52:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 12:27:23 UTC, android  wrote:
> On 2018-01-23 10:06:05 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> >> Yeah but if someone falls on you, will you be sued?
> >
> > Anything's possible in the USA when it comes to sueing isn't it ?
>
> Unless Sue objects...

> >> Licensed?
> >
> > irrelivant to whether or not a place is called a wilderness.
> > If disney opened up a theme park there would it still be a wilderness. ?
>
> If them drones ain't licensed then they are threes passing, littering
> and not part of  the program. Take that gun and shoot them down! ;-)

I'm British I don't need or own a gun :)

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 05:12:43 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <20865dda-031f-4405-82f9-2642027ab4d2@googlegroups.com> <SqudneK4QdkhofzHnZ2dnUU7-cnNnZ2d@giganews.com> <25239f6b-3373-4157-b434-e89d29398b58@googlegroups.com> <0001HW.201259FE00FBF018700008A512CF@news.giganews.com> <fch6gmF4t40U1@mid.individual.net> <145b5409-cb39-4c38-aedc-15b207b5caa8@googlegroups.com> <fcmkg6Fcq6rU1@mid.individual.net> <5092a6a5-e3bc-4105-8690-73940d3e8112@googlegroups.com> <fcoo17Friu8U1@mid.individual.net> <f9315de3-81d1-40b5-adbc-0c4538d0de07@googlegroups.com>
On Jan 23, 2018, Whisky-dave wrote
(in article<f9315de3-81d1-40b5-adbc-0c4538d0de07@googlegroups.com>):

> On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 12:27:23 UTC, android wrote:

> > > Anything's possible in the USA when it comes to sueing isn't it ?
> >
> > Unless Sue objects...

> > > irrelivant to whether or not a place is called a wilderness.
> > > If disney opened up a theme park there would it still be a wilderness. ?
> >
> > If them drones ain't licensed then they are threes passing, littering
> > and not part of the program. Take that gun and shoot them down! ;-)
>
> I'm British I don't need or own a gun :)

Yet. ;-)

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: android <here@there.was>
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:51:33 +0100
On 2018-01-23 12:52:50 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 12:27:23 UTC, android  wrote:

>>> Anything's possible in the USA when it comes to sueing isn't it ?
>>
>> Unless Sue objects...

>>> irrelivant to whether or not a place is called a wilderness.
>>> If disney opened up a theme park there would it still be a wilderness. ?
>>
>> If them drones ain't licensed then they are threes passing, littering
>> and not part of  the program. Take that gun and shoot them down! ;-)
>
> I'm British I don't need or own a gun :)

Sooo... That's why you need them Yanks to win your war then... ;-PPP
--
teleportation kills

Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 13:33:52 -0500
On 1/18/2018 7:32 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging
>> park??!  The U.S. has become such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone
>> is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A nation of
>> risk-takers and winners has become wussville.
>>
>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>

> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>
> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/hakfd5y57cfck6h/Angels-Landing-Zion.jpg
>
> Bring plenty of water.

Your post reminded me of my much younger days. (I was about 22.) I
walked down the mule train path a bit more than half way to the bottom
of the Canyon and up again, the same day, carrying nothing but six
oranges. If I had brought a tripod, I might still be somewhere on that
trail.

--
PeterN

From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:17:56 -0500
On 2018-01-19 13:33, PeterN wrote:

> Your post reminded me of my much younger days. (I was about 22.) I
> walked down the mule train path a bit more than half way to the bottom
> of the Canyon and up again, the same day, carrying nothing but six
> oranges. If I had brought a tripod, I might still be somewhere on that
> trail.

Did the same.  Mule piss every switchback at something over 40°C made me
retch.

From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 11:52:50 +1300
On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500, Alan Browne<bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become such
a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A nation
of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>
>1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
>blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>
>2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
>2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
>you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
>Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.

That's where a drone might come in handy.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 15:19:57 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 19, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in article<clt46d1ur82ngll84h3kgtpahdn766lljm@4ax.com>):

<https://www.nps.gov/zion/learn/management/lawsandpolicies.htm>

<https://www.nps.gov/articles/unmanned-aircraft-in-the-national-parks...

<https://www.nps.gov/orgs/aviationprogram/unmanned-aircraft-systems.h...

<https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/management/filmpermit.htm>

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 18:21:40 -0500
In article<clt46d1ur82ngll84h3kgtpahdn766lljm@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
> >2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43

Next <
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 09:09:25 -0500
On 2018-01-19 17:52, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:32:59 -0500, Alan Browne
><bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-18 01:24, RichA wrote:
>>> I can see this in a crowded place like a museum, but a frigging park??!  The U.S. has become
such a litigious Hell-hole that everyone is terrified of the potential of any kind of accident.  A
nation of risk-takers and winners has become wussville.

>>> https://petapixel.com/2018/01/16/zion-national-park-bans-tripods-pho...
>>
>> 1. Seems to be limited to workshops.  I get it: a gang of 10 people
>> blocking a trail with tripods would be a nuisance to others.
>>
>> 2. I've done Zion.  Beautiful.  Even hauled a 'blad, a dozen lenses and
>> 2 tripods up to Angel's Landing.  It was only 43°C so no sweat.  Well,
>> you did sweat, but it evaporated quick.  That trail and final climb up
>> Angels is no place for 10 - 12 people with tripods all at once.
>
> That's where a drone might come in handy.

Drones are banned in most parks.  That's a good thing for several
reasons (peace and quiet mainly, and to some degree, safety).