> Prev
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Subject: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 11:41:03 +1100
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 12
Message-ID: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="126e2d19083879c85d59b622e8dc626e";
logging-data="2367"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19aR6IkhKe4TmJ+cNCsnlX1"
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
Cancel-Lock: sha1:VKjKxyazB5yZX92zhb1wlCXSi8A=
Print Article
Forward Article
....of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
sequence of treatment?

1/	Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
2/	Adjust levels,
3/	Dodge & burn pale/swarthy faces.
4/	Sharpen locally or totally.
5/	Annotate with text layer.
6/	Vibrance.

Is this OK?   Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
just match head size is this OK? 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 19:22:13 -0600
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:22:13 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
Lines: 54
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-2W6DJzW2geuCbBwMIYJ5Lr4volGNcyIP07zLAK8waYO90c7Ugmqmw97NVs7NKFcWO/fFiDTNNotPZZK!4O5ZSmX3yYnaOPy/ZBAcbhu9JIVwkb8teI4O859OlIoRksC1j2bQWJScz75r3GH4lgr0J9Cl4vwi!B0ijd17KkmY=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2663
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 19, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
(in article<0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>):

> ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
> sequence of treatment?

A little more explanation on your part is needed:

Are you actually using Photoshop?

How much adjusting/editing experience do you have using Photoshop?

Is this a single image of a group, or is it a series of photos of groups of 
people?
>
> 1/ Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)

Leave resizing/cropping until you have finished with all but sharpening.
>
> 2/ Adjust levels,
> 3/ Dodge &  burn pale/swarthy faces.

If you must, but be careful, and do that work on seperate layers.
>
> 4/ Sharpen locally or totally.

You will probably need to sharpen selectively, as over sharpening of faces is 
not desirable.
>
> 5/ Annotate with text layer.
> 6/ Vibrance.

Why would you need vibrance?
Just because it is available doesn’t mean it should be used.

With skin tones and faces, saturation and vibrance are adjustments you should 
use very cautiously, if at all.

If you actually need this, consider adding vibrance on an adjustment layer 
before sharpening. Doing it that way you can tone the effect down by 
adjusting the layer opacity down.
>
> Is this OK? Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
> just match head size is this OK?

If you are building a composite by adding your image, consider doing that on 
a layer earlier in your adjustment so that the selection will be less obvious 
and blend in better.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 07:48:13 +1100
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 62
Message-ID: <vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="8ed1dd3e33c318cafe2049a36725c079";
logging-data="6107"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/3BNFaczna3MSqlr4+u/zc"
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
Cancel-Lock: sha1:vvsF4SuO7e9cMY8soHjzA46GfW8=
Print Article
Forward Article
On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:22:13 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On Jan 19, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
>(in article<0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>):
>
>> ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
>> sequence of treatment?
>
>A little more explanation on your part is needed:
>
>Are you actually using Photoshop?

I'm using PS6 photoshop.
>
>How much adjusting/editing experience do you have using Photoshop?

Not much.
>
>Is this a single image of a group, or is it a series of photos of groups of 
>people?

Here it is, a one-shot single group with the exposure adjusted to
-0.7.  Maybe -1.0 would have been better?
https://postimg.org/image/homnfil9h/

>>
>> 1/ Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
>
>Leave resizing/cropping until you have finished with all but sharpening.
>>
>> 2/ Adjust levels,
>> 3/ Dodge &  burn pale/swarthy faces.
>
>If you must, but be careful, and do that work on seperate layers.
>>
>> 4/ Sharpen locally or totally.
>
>You will probably need to sharpen selectively, as over sharpening of faces is 
>not desirable.
>>
>> 5/ Annotate with text layer.
>> 6/ Vibrance.
>
>Why would you need vibrance?
>Just because it is available doesn 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 16:13:01 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <210120181613011287%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com> <vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="3c911a14f6ec84f6642d0abc109f8023";
logging-data="13399"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/QDFWb7c4bsGeVAiLXehW9"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:m5h2tywOq6aubjoSdWOzBc/NzW8=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>, Peter Jason<pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> >
> >Are you actually using Photoshop?
> 
> I'm using PS6 photoshop.

yikes. 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 16:10:15 -0600
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:10:15 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.2015474701AB8C0C7000100102CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com> <vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>
Lines: 101
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-eYT3DyBWluYqfovjsI4BxZ3CH88bNOPcunldCP7AH8egG519emNZMQ0a1HsljfyFp3eE+YfMSA7epZl!MWjFeE1QgKQwrN1JmZgZePXrWpoykEOAhGyey+UvoJGr/t/bNTq46W74KMLh/kZRxa0F+Voh2pdF!Pdik0IRWetA=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 4407
X-Received-Body-CRC: 43924518
X-Received-Bytes: 4617
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 21, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
(in article<vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:22:13 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>  wrote:
>
> > On Jan 19, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
> > (in article<0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>):
> >
> > > ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
> > > sequence of treatment?
> >
> > A little more explanation on your part is needed:
> >
> > Are you actually using Photoshop?
>
> I'm using PS6 photoshop.

I guess you mean CS6 not PS6.
>
> >
> > How much adjusting/editing experience do you have using Photoshop?
>
> Not much.

Start with a few more experiments, and check some of the video tutorials 
available.

Jullianne Kost provides some good tutorials most are geared for recent 
Photoshop/Lightroom releases, but she has an extensive archive which can be 
accessed, either from her site, or YouTube where you can refine your search 
for Photoshop CS6 where you will find a whole bunch of useful stuff.

<http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5bKKSi_bGJh717hVlEbRg>

<https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+cs6>

>
> >
> > Is this a single image of a group, or is it a series of photos of groups of
> > people?
>
> Here it is, a one-shot single group with the exposure adjusted to
> -0.7. Maybe -1.0 would have been better?
> https://postimg.org/image/homnfil9h/

That is not too bad, and I wouldn’t consider any further global exposure 
adjustment. Perhaps some mild dodging over the group with a soft brush, on a 
separate adjustment layer. If it is too much you can adjust the layer opacity 
down, redo, or if that doesn’t work, delete the layer.

It doesn’t look like you had cooperation from the adults in the group. 
However, it does add some character to the shot.
What was distracting them so much?
>
>
> > >
> > > 1/ Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
> >
> > Leave resizing/cropping until you have finished with all but sharpening.
> > >
> > > 2/ Adjust levels,
> > > 3/ Dodge &  burn pale/swarthy faces.
> >
> > If you must, but be careful, and do that work on seperate layers.
> > >
> > > 4/ Sharpen locally or totally.
> >
> > You will probably need to sharpen selectively, as over sharpening of faces
> > is
> > not desirable.
> > >
> > > 5/ Annotate with text layer.
> > > 6/ Vibrance.
> >
> > Why would you need vibrance?
> > Just because it is available doesn’t mean it should be used.
> >
> > With skin tones and faces, saturation and vibrance are adjustments you
> > should
> > use very cautiously, if at all.
> >
> > If you actually need this, consider adding vibrance on an adjustment layer
> > before sharpening. Doing it that way you can tone the effect down by
> > adjusting the layer opacity down.
> > >
> > > Is this OK? Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
> > > just match head size is this OK?
> >
> > If you are building a composite by adding your image, consider doing that on
> > a layer earlier in your adjustment so that the selection will be less
> > obvious
> > and blend in better.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 09:50:21 +1100
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 100
Message-ID: <b76a6d5o3aq5gq6rjrlujubca4psmh54bh@4ax.com>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com> <vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com> <0001HW.2015474701AB8C0C7000100102CF@news.giganews.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="8ed1dd3e33c318cafe2049a36725c079";
logging-data="21262"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19D7koprRUxFjBFm72WwmCd"
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
Cancel-Lock: sha1:DP/3V58Ms7GUf3b6JPnsClzipQ0=
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:10:15 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On Jan 21, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
>(in article<vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>):
>
>> On Fri, 19 Jan 2018 17:22:13 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>  wrote:
>>
>> > On Jan 19, 2018, Peter Jason wrote
>> > (in article<0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>):
>> >
>> > > ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
>> > > sequence of treatment?
>> >
>> > A little more explanation on your part is needed:
>> >
>> > Are you actually using Photoshop?
>>
>> I'm using PS6 photoshop.
>
>I guess you mean CS6 not PS6.
>>
>> >
>> > How much adjusting/editing experience do you have using Photoshop?
>>
>> Not much.
>
>Start with a few more experiments, and check some of the video tutorials 
>available.
>
>Jullianne Kost provides some good tutorials most are geared for recent 
>Photoshop/Lightroom releases, but she has an extensive archive which can be 
>accessed, either from her site, or YouTube where you can refine your search 
>for Photoshop CS6 where you will find a whole bunch of useful stuff.
>
><http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/>
>
><https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh5bKKSi_bGJh717hVlEbRg>
>
><https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=photoshop+cs6>
>
>>
>> >
>> > Is this a single image of a group, or is it a series of photos of groups of
>> > people?
>>
>> Here it is, a one-shot single group with the exposure adjusted to
>> -0.7. Maybe -1.0 would have been better?
>> https://postimg.org/image/homnfil9h/
>
>That is not too bad, and I wouldn 

	
From: Mayayana <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 17:27:34 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 18
Message-ID: <p4344v$d8u$1@dont-email.me>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <0001HW.2012D1450117E4947000008322CF@news.giganews.com> <vvu96dlnrb8rst0trgsk4ajrlm29d4s3dq@4ax.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 22:27:43 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="4cbefde860c9bef9ebbd819598519db3";
logging-data="13598"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1870Y/jMhlm2nIxHzhbqez13+P3iPXoLNc="
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.5512
X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512
Cancel-Lock: sha1:xGK5XnimYTiaHb8u55NVd015MR0=
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
Print Article
Forward Article
"Peter Jason"<pj@jostle.com> wrote

| Here it is, a one-shot single group with the exposure adjusted to
| -0.7.  Maybe -1.0 would have been better?
| https://postimg.org/image/homnfil9h/
|

  Why not just make some copies and play with it?
That will tell you a lot more than people here can,
since they don't have the photo.

  If it were me I'd also try to take out the pool
if possible. Without that you have a serviceable
background. With it the image looks partial.
The section of pool and the beachball are
a distraction. 

	
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: David Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 10:14:06 +0000
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 24
Message-ID: <p3v4pe$423$1@dont-email.me>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
Reply-To: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 10:14:06 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="d9a277f32583cbb3bf6555854698f361";
logging-data="4163"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19D4GHS2SdXNGhaHfnrKkyqKYzVXRrC4JM="
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
Content-Language: en-GB
Cancel-Lock: sha1:SpeyOrZ0DHpQtoDRWB8umbHRkp8=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 20/01/2018 00:41, Peter Jason wrote:
> ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
> sequence of treatment?
> 
> 1/	Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
> 2/	Adjust levels,
> 3/	Dodge & burn pale/swarthy faces.
> 4/	Sharpen locally or totally.
> 5/	Annotate with text layer.
> 6/	Vibrance.
> 
> Is this OK?   Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
> just match head size is this OK?

Unless it's desperately important:

- Get it right first time so no post-processing required.  Exposure bracket.

- Use a tripod and self-timer.

-- 
Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu 

	
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 07:49:28 +1100
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 26
Message-ID: <u4v96d9cdtt04mk4h2km4dr1720jvmgu1o@4ax.com>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <p3v4pe$423$1@dont-email.me>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="8ed1dd3e33c318cafe2049a36725c079";
logging-data="6107"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19So7kQ+unhkRm9/vtv0Xep"
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
Cancel-Lock: sha1:CZa9LSnOO7+glxS/2bcEmRY7G4g=
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 10:14:06 +0000, David Taylor<david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>On 20/01/2018 00:41, Peter Jason wrote:
>> ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
>> sequence of treatment?
>> 
>> 1/	Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
>> 2/	Adjust levels,
>> 3/	Dodge & burn pale/swarthy faces.
>> 4/	Sharpen locally or totally.
>> 5/	Annotate with text layer.
>> 6/	Vibrance.
>> 
>> Is this OK?   Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
>> just match head size is this OK?
>
>Unless it's desperately important:
>
>- Get it right first time so no post-processing required.  Exposure bracket.

Can one bracket with moving objects?  
>
>- Use a tripod and self-timer.

I did, though I had no time (12swc) to get in the picture. 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 16:12:58 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <210120181612581086%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com> <p3v4pe$423$1@dont-email.me> <u4v96d9cdtt04mk4h2km4dr1720jvmgu1o@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="3c911a14f6ec84f6642d0abc109f8023";
logging-data="13399"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19FmW+vTScNGCQ60cFJiAxA"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:ylZTerMCZTttMzyxxmMrXLxNZQA=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<u4v96d9cdtt04mk4h2km4dr1720jvmgu1o@4ax.com>, Peter Jason<pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> >- Get it right first time so no post-processing required.  Exposure bracket.
> 
> Can one bracket with moving objects?  

yes, but there will obviously be a little movement between shots. if
the bracketing is fast enough, it probably won't matter. 

	
Next <
From: Davoud <zerbatory@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.162.15 with SMTP id l15mr2479448qke.6.1516506536191;
Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:48:56 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.155.131 with SMTP id d125mr359042vke.9.1516506535591;
Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:48:55 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!i22no5657102qta.1!news-out.google.com!e39ni2097qtk.1!nntp.google.com!i22no5657100qta.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:48:55 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=100.16.149.85;
posting-account=6WqhYQoAAACMdCzQVxYwfQLyvS-KfJs1
NNTP-Posting-Host: 100.16.149.85
References: <0j356dpd2a2gmopk155n5gvbh9qqjemjok@4ax.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <af26728a-988c-401b-bf38-7eaf6c4213c7@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Photoshopping large groups.....
From: Davoud <zerbatory@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 03:48:56 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 27
Print Article
Forward Article
Peter Jason:
> ...of about 30 people, in sunshine with kids and dog, what is the best
> sequence of treatment?
> 
> 1/	Crop to 6 x 4 ratio (A4 approx)
> 2/	Adjust levels,
> 3/	Dodge & burn pale/swarthy faces.
> 4/	Sharpen locally or totally.
> 5/	Annotate with text layer.
> 6/	Vibrance.
> 
> Is this OK?   Also I have to graft myself into the picture so if I
> just match head size is this OK?

I can't help you with the present photo without having the full-resolution raw available. I can,
however, help you with the next one.

Don't let the light control you; control the light. For 30 people I would use two studio strobes
with soft boxes or umbrellas. If I didn't have access to studio strobes I would use two or three
Canon 600EX-RT speedlites with diffusers and wireless TTL. If outdoors, the group would face away
from the sun and the camera and strobes would face the sun. I would use a wireless remote shutter
release; you'll likely have a hell of a time putting yourself in the photo with Photoshop.

If this is a once-in-a-while thing, get powerful speedlites that are compatible with your camera. If
this is a common thing, get a pair of Profoto B1's and the Profoto wireless remote.