> Prev
From: David B. <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder4.news.weretis.net!border2.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer04.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx12.fr7.POSTED!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
X-Mozilla-News-Host: news://eunews.blocknews.net:119
From: "David B." <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-GB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 8
Message-ID: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@blocknews.net
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:27:10 UTC
Organization: blocknews - www.blocknews.net
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:27:10 +0000
X-Received-Bytes: 882
X-Received-Body-CRC: 863589479
X-Original-Bytes: 832
Print Article
Forward Article
Look what's been found!

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5586be30d505216bdc912605481f9c8c7...

Views invited.

-- 
David B. 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:48:16 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 12
Message-ID: <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="f52fdb8813639bdd42346551f7541d82";
logging-data="3335"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19YJ4LhBIKQSCHNhQD4sAyy"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:H+RE/ekyncxzqCHUUy6e7GJXyp0=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Look what's been found!

that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.

> https://www.virustot

> Views invited.

bad idea. 

	
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.40.246 with SMTP id j51mr13118215qtj.34.1517079809950;
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 11:03:29 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!i22no2137866qta.1!news-out.google.com!g8ni341qtk.0!nntp.google.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!news6
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:02:48 -0500
Organization: NewsGuy.com
Lines: 19
Message-ID: <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
<270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid>
NNTP-Posting-Host: p907e21342a1aad3b30c8513dc7ddfde091b9e995a252721f.newsdawg.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid>
X-Received-Bytes: 1170
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1603315465
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Language: en-US
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/27/2018 1:48 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> 
>> Look what's been found!
> 
> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
> 
>> https://www.virustot
> 
>> Views invited.
> 
> bad idea.
> 

Why?

-- 
PeterN 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:08:40 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="f52fdb8813639bdd42346551f7541d82";
logging-data="9052"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+D+S0mGQYBz08TVmtqQJOZ"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:jL9HIrb1BnYsPQz3ReBpm7I+8i0=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

> > In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
> ><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >> Look what's been found!
> > 
> > that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
> > 
> >> https://www.virustot
> > 
> >> Views invited.
> > 
> > bad idea.
> > 
> 
> Why?

because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
actually install malware rather than remove it.

nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac. 

	
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.101.13 with SMTP id z13mr13135543qkb.50.1517096342126;
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:39:02 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!s47no2247834qta.0!news-out.google.com!e39ni690qtk.1!nntp.google.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!spln!extra.newsguy.com!newsp.newsguy.com!news6
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:37:49 -0500
Organization: NewsGuy.com
Lines: 35
Message-ID: <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
<270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
<270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid>
NNTP-Posting-Host: pd55d81d0142f82f1cbb56bc15b2a4ed9c92fa1c3a822245c.newsdawg.com
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.5.2
In-Reply-To: <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid>
X-Received-Bytes: 1991
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1469434688
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Language: en-US
Print Article
Forward Article
On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
> 
>>> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>> Look what's been found!
>>>
>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
>>>
>>>> https://www.virustot
>>>
>>>> Views invited.
>>>
>>> bad idea.
>>>
>>
>> Why?
> 
> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
> actually install malware rather than remove it.
> 
> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
> 

That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on 
PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost 
installation keys are only asking for a problem.


-- 
PeterN 

	
From: David B. <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer01.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx28.fr7.POSTED!not-for-mail
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
<270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
<270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com>
From: "David B." <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-GB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 43
Message-ID: <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@blocknews.net
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:34:48 UTC
Organization: blocknews - www.blocknews.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 00:34:46 +0000
X-Received-Body-CRC: 429068392
X-Received-Bytes: 2503
Print Article
Forward Article
On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
> On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
>> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>>> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
>>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>>> Look what's been found!
>>>>
>>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
>>>>
>>>>> https://www.virustot
>>>>
>>>>> Views invited.
>>>>
>>>> bad idea.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Why?
>>
>> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
>> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
>> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
>> actually install malware rather than remove it.
>>
>> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
>> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
>>
> 
> That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on 
> PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost 
> installation keys are only asking for a problem.

If you goes here https://www.clamxav.com and install the software, how 
can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer, 
not INSTALLING malware?

Always wondering.

-- 
David B.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/do-macs-get-viruses-d... 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!aioe.org!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:45:33 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 40
Message-ID: <270120181945331185%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="9cb4d041b33aeb042b73d2f37c3b1447";
logging-data="20256"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18i7bUjzFEICXIaZ20j/oaa"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:LSVxfVOIA0H8DtsUhMBVI22EuP8=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>, David B.<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> >>>> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
> >>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >>>>> Look what's been found!
> >>>>
> >>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
> >>>>
> >>>>> https://www.virustot
> >>>>
> >>>>> Views invited.
> >>>>
> >>>> bad idea.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> Why?
> >>
> >> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
> >> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
> >> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
> >> actually install malware rather than remove it.
> >>
> >> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
> >> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
> >>
> > 
> > That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on 
> > PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost 
> > installation keys are only asking for a problem.
> 
> If you goes here [redacted] and install the software, how 
> can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer, 
> not INSTALLING malware?

here we go again with the trolling.

> Always wondering.

and never learning. 

	
From: David B. <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!peer01.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer03.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx16.fr7.POSTED!not-for-mail
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
<270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
<270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com>
<IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7> <270120181945331185%nospam@nospam.invalid>
From: "David B." <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <270120181945331185%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-GB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 65
Message-ID: <_i9bC.486878$Al1.189847@fx16.fr7>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@blocknews.net
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:02:50 UTC
Organization: blocknews - www.blocknews.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:02:48 +0000
X-Received-Body-CRC: 705085676
X-Received-Bytes: 3127
Print Article
Forward Article
On 28/01/2018 00:45, nospam wrote:
> In article <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>, David B.
><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> 
>>>>>> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
>>>>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>>>>> Look what's been found!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.virustot
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Views invited.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> bad idea.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Why?
>>>>
>>>> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
>>>> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
>>>> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
>>>> actually install malware rather than remove it.
>>>>
>>>> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
>>>> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
>>>>
>>>
>>> That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
>>> PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
>>> installation keys are only asking for a problem.
>>
>> If you goes here [redacted] and install the software, how
>> can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
>> not INSTALLING malware?
> 
> here we go again with the trolling.
> 
>> Always wondering.
> 
> and never learning.

If folk *LOG IN* here ....

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/do-macs-get-viruses-d...


They can read in the 'Comments' section ...


FYI, ClamXAV is *NOT* free!

Tell me, how can one be sure that if one downloads the "free trial" and 
installs the software, one isn't, in fact, loading malware ON to one's 
Apple computer?

Who checks to make sure that this doesn't happen?

The user of the computer might well remain totally unaware that anything 
may be amiss. Something to think about!

-- 
HTH

David B. 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:09:24 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 16
Message-ID: <270120182009247074%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7> <270120181945331185%nospam@nospam.invalid> <_i9bC.486878$Al1.189847@fx16.fr7>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="9cb4d041b33aeb042b73d2f37c3b1447";
logging-data="5129"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/soXECPyj+Yu35rTCeiau1"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:gPAL0PgSA6Mcb//gFXOVsXGSqYI=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article <_i9bC.486878$Al1.189847@fx16.fr7>, David B.<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> 
> Tell me, how can one be sure that if one downloads the "free trial" and 
> installs the software, one isn't, in fact, loading malware ON to one's 
> Apple computer?
> 
> Who checks to make sure that this doesn't happen?

the cashier at the grocery store when it's not too busy.

> The user of the computer might well remain totally unaware that anything 
> may be amiss. Something to think about!

no. 

	
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 19:03:48 -0600
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:03:48 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Hogwasher/5.17
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <0001HW.201D58F4005A527E70000CCCC2CF@news.giganews.com>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital, comp.sys.mac.system
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
Lines: 54
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-v1fKWOsgP6xqOTT0AV/qRCvcHp+rsjmLpnj9m4JA7wrkvqjz9kuDRfy1TgJwJ3QM39TL6arOaXhbB5q!QBnob4FQLouJXGX9YNlnMT2nGUi34I4tm4eRsLDTptU8MTG4EpFfRdTRYwsLGccuq4LRedPsFNRB!MDt//sjfpsc=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 3148
Print Article
Forward Article
On Jan 27, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>):

> On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
> > On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
> > > In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
> > > <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>  wrote:
> > >
> > > > > In article<yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
> > > > ><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>  wrote:
> > > > > > Look what's been found!
> > > > >
> > > > > that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
> > > > >
> > > > > > https://www.virustot
> > > > >
> > > > > > Views invited.
> > > > >
> > > > > bad idea.
> > > >
> > > > Why?
> > >
> > > because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
> > > doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
> > > harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
> > > actually install malware rather than remove it.
> > >
> > > nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
> > > untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
> >
> > That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
> > PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
> > installation keys are only asking for a problem.
>
> If you goes here https://www.clxxx, how
> can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
> not INSTALLING malware?
>
> Always wondering.

You certainly do not live up to your subject line.

Do you even think before before you crosspost and then repeat your obsessive 
malware rant which is totally off topic in r.p.d.?

Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to 
r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to 
my kill-file.

-- 

Regards,
Savageduck 

	
From: David B. <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!ecngs!feeder2.ecngs.de!87.79.20.101.MISMATCH!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.fr7!futter-mich.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx01.fr7.POSTED!not-for-mail
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>
<270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>
<270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com>
<IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
<0001HW.201D58F4005A527E70000CCCC2CF@news.giganews.com>
From: "David B." <DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <0001HW.201D58F4005A527E70000CCCC2CF@news.giganews.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-GB
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 61
Message-ID: <7r9bC.99657$nd2.26373@fx01.fr7>
X-Complaints-To: abuse@blocknews.net
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:11:31 UTC
Organization: blocknews - www.blocknews.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:11:30 +0000
X-Received-Bytes: 3182
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3811006890
Print Article
Forward Article
On 28/01/2018 01:03, Savageduck wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2018, David B. wrote
> (in article <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>):
> 
>> On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
>>> On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
>>>> In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
>>>> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>  wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> In article<yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
>>>>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org>  wrote:
>>>>>>> Look what's been found!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> https://www.virustot
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Views invited.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> bad idea.
>>>>>
>>>>> Why?
>>>>
>>>> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
>>>> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
>>>> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
>>>> actually install malware rather than remove it.
>>>>
>>>> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
>>>> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
>>>
>>> That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on
>>> PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost
>>> installation keys are only asking for a problem.
>>
>> If you goes here https://www.clxxx, how
>> can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer,
>> not INSTALLING malware?
>>
>> Always wondering.
> 
> You certainly do not live up to your subject line.

I'm really sorry that you think so. :-(

> Do you even think before before you crosspost and then repeat your obsessive
> malware rant which is totally off topic in r.p.d.?

Of course. I understood that at least SOME of the folk reading/writing 
here use an Apple computer.

> Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
> r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
> my kill-file.

You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a 
whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.

-- 
David B. 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:14:17 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 11
Message-ID: <270120182014174652%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7> <0001HW.201D58F4005A527E70000CCCC2CF@news.giganews.com> <7r9bC.99657$nd2.26373@fx01.fr7>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="9cb4d041b33aeb042b73d2f37c3b1447";
logging-data="5129"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+92EEfSdauH26WMHzcpWP5"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:+etcaz6YytVsPg1l0BQUkT7/wyg=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article <7r9bC.99657$nd2.26373@fx01.fr7>, David B.<DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> > Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
> > r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
> > my kill-file.
> 
> You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a 
> whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.

bullshit. 

	
From: gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder4.news.weretis.net!news.albasani.net!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:41:11 -0800
Organization: albasani.net
Lines: 17
Message-ID: <p4j9nn$kvj$2@news.albasani.net>
References: <0001HW.201D58F4005A527E70000CCCC2CF@news.giganews.com> <270120182014174652%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: news.albasani.net oWiBXBrWGBrvOGnVMAFVr3FhgXXX6n6aS1Wfw5m5svB1gdYIHY3kHX8TE2WJt+4EIxY370YuBe3XOvwYXiYJtu5mRMwVs4pdMYrrYW0IBqEkXqHzzuohyvG6QEC6cg3i
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:41:11 +0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: news.albasani.net; logging-data="uFguGmH5SpJ8B0Y+FDnbHuDphsVpgFNCmlqfpFw3pzEwCMKI+YRgDkS3+5cJoh66rP2Br3ex8Jmffx1x5EBvvQ+ClPKARdkttNTx5496EZgy6iFSDmf+2hzRob+OlyLE"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@albasani.net"
User-Agent: Unison/2.1.10
Cancel-Lock: sha1:tBAy/G2GCLz9QYHo15xZ+OVJrW0=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-01-28 01:14:17 +0000, nospam said:

> In article <7r9bC.99657$nd2.26373@fx01.fr7>, David B.
><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> 
>>> Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
>>> r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
>>> my kill-file.
>> 
>> You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a
>> whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.
> 
> bullshit.

Or perhaps he's in earnest, in which case he has consistently failed, 
in which case he should really reconsider his quest. 

	
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 17:38:48 +1300
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Lines: 23
Message-ID: <p4jk4o$10ng$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <p4j9nn$kvj$2@news.albasani.net>
NNTP-Posting-Host: oABETdknxx9p+812/giQ0w.user.gioia.aioe.org
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Complaints-To: abuse@aioe.org
User-Agent: Unison/2.2
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.8.2
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-01-28 01:41:11 +0000, gtr said:
> On 2018-01-28 01:14:17 +0000, nospam said:
>> In article <7r9bC.99657$nd2.26373@fx01.fr7>, David B.
>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Though I have given you the benefit of doubt when some of your posts to
>>>> r.p.d. appeared benign, now it seems that the only solution is to add you to
>>>> my kill-file.
>>> 
>>> You must do what you think is in the best interest of the group as a
>>> whole. I'm trying to EDUCATE, not disrupt.
>> 
>> bullshit.
> 
> Or perhaps he's in earnest, in which case he has consistently failed, 
> in which case he should really reconsider his quest.

Nope. He's just the usual Internet knosw-nothing dispstick who blindly 
believes they're they only genius on the planet and knows what everyone 
else should do ... despite being told by multiple people he's an idiot. 
Just killfile the moron and let him continue to believe what ridiculous 
crap he wants to.    :-\ 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.76.205 with SMTP id z196mr12498256qka.20.1517101496920;
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:04:56 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.41.214 with SMTP id p205mr1987218vkp.13.1517101496765;
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:04:56 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!s47no2276536qta.0!news-out.google.com!e39ni740qtk.1!nntp.google.com!i22no2278126qta.1!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 17:04:56 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=65.95.0.172; posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 65.95.0.172
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <b57a7bf4-a62e-48ff-b2b4-366c4690d4d1@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:04:56 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Lines: 45
Print Article
Forward Article
On Saturday, 27 January 2018 19:34:51 UTC-5, David B.  wrote:
> On 27/01/2018 23:37, PeterN wrote:
> > On 1/27/2018 2:08 PM, nospam wrote:
> >> In article<p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com>, PeterN
> >> <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
> >>
> >>>> In article <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7>, David B.
> >>>><DavidB@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
> >>>>> Look what's been found!
> >>>>
> >>>> that you're a troll who hasn't any clue about the crap he posts.
> >>>>
> >>>>> https://www.virustot
> >>>>
> >>>>> Views invited.
> >>>>
> >>>> bad idea.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> Why?
> >>
> >> because he's a troll who has a stick up his ass about mac malware and
> >> doesn't understand the links he posts, even posting links that cause
> >> harm to users and going so far as claiming that anti-malware utilities
> >> actually install malware rather than remove it.
> >>
> >> nothing is 100% secure, but unless people install unknown apps from
> >> untrusted sources, there is essentially no risk for malware on the mac.
> >>
> > 
> > That may be true. What you say about installing unknown apps, is true on 
> > PC's as well. The greedy guys who look for free, or low cost 
> > installation keys are only asking for a problem.
> 
> If you goes here https://www.clamxav.com and install the software, how 
> can you be sure that you are going to be PROTECTING your Apple computer, 
> not INSTALLING malware?
> 
> Always wondering.
> 
> -- 
> David B.
> 
>
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/do-macs-get-viruses-d...

There have always been stories of infection from download sites like CNET.  Don't know how common it
is, I try to avoid using them or app stores, etc. 

	
Next <
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends I've made here!
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Because I care about the friends Ive made here!
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 20:09:24 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 7
Message-ID: <270120182009247040%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <yL1bC.797477$ll3.431890@fx12.fr7> <270120181348164900%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4ijki0aiv@news6.newsguy.com> <270120181408408363%nospam@nospam.invalid> <p4j3o90g6d@news6.newsguy.com> <IU8bC.629289$SF3.526976@fx28.fr7> <b57a7bf4-a62e-48ff-b2b4-366c4690d4d1@googlegroups.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="9cb4d041b33aeb042b73d2f37c3b1447";
logging-data="5129"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+4ZMqxM1N+GR/xSpjHp3CH"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:bR/7Rs73IC8NWXU78oJeMV7bCqU=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<b57a7bf4-a62e-48ff-b2b4-366c4690d4d1@googlegroups.com>,
RichA<rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

> There have always been stories of infection from download sites like CNET. 
> Don't know how common it is, I try to avoid using them or app stores, etc. 

very common.