> Prev
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 04:46:31 +0100
Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?

<http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-offici...

--
teleportation kills

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: New Bayer Sensor APS-C Cams from Fuji
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 20:19:14 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
(in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):

> Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?
>
> <http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-offici...
> nced/>

For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
$600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.

<https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>

As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated to
have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 22:46:47 +0000
On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
> (in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?
>>
>> <http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-offici...
>> nced/>
>
> For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
> bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
> $600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
> trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.
>
> <https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>
>
> As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
> X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
> with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated to
> have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
> whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
> X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
> .

Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 16:08:25 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
(in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
> > (in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):
> >
> > > Could this be a precursor to a Bayer XT?
> > >
> > > <http://www.cameraegg.org/fujifilm-x-a5-x-a20-xc-15-45mm-lens-offici...
> >
> > For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
> > bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
> > $600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
> > trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.
> >
> > <https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>
> >
> > As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
> > X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
> > with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated
> > to have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
> > whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
> > X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
> > .
> Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
> instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.

Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?

When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
even this new X-A5?

The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 14:58:14 +0000
On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
> (in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):
>
>> On 01/02/2018 04:19, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Jan 31, 2018, android wrote
>>> (in article<fdfgsnF4msfU1@mid.individual.net>):

>>> For what it is the X-A5 + XC15-45mm, with a 24MP CMOS sensor, and a whole
>>> bunch of Fujifilm goodies, and ability to use all the X-mount lenses all for
>>> $600 makes this a pretty good entry into the mirrorless World for folks
>>> trying to keep costs down, or looking for lightweight kit.
>>>
>>> <https://ivanjoshualoh.com/2018/01/31/new-xc15-45mm-x-a5/>
>>>
>>> As far as a Bayer X-T goes, that does not seem to be on the cards with the
>>> X-H1 (with OBIS) almost on us, and still using the 24MP X-Trans III. Then
>>> with the X-T3 to be announced in the third quarter of 2018, and speculated
>>> to have a new APS-C sensor somewhere between 24-30MP with no confirmation
>>> whether it will be X-Trans, or Bayer, but the concensus is it will be a new
>>> X-Trans IV(without OBIS).
>>> .
>> Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
>> instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.
>
> Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?

I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
macro lens.

> When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?

No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
+3 on my glasses for close up work.

> Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
> even this new X-A5?

I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
these days.

> The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
> generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
> X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.

I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 08:09:36 -0800
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
On Feb 2, 2018, newshound wrote
(in article<9eCdnZuaiZca4enHnZ2dnUU78Q_NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
> > (in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

> > > Nice to see the better macro capability. I'm still using a G10 for macro
> > > instead of sticking a +3 on the X-E1.
> >
> > Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?
>
> I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
> macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
> macro lens.
> >
> > When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?
>
> No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
> +3 on my glasses for close up work.

You should get pretty good results with the extension tubes, otherwise there
is always the new XF80.

> > Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
> > even this new X-A5?
>
> I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
> these days.
> >
> > The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
> > generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
> > X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.
>
> I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
> I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.

You might have an opportunity for that X-T2 body near the end of the year
after they announce/release the X-T3, and if the have a repeast of their
discounts. I guess you were not able to take advantage of the discounts last
year. There were some good deals on those long lenses the 50-140 &  the
100-400. That was my opportunity to pick up the XF16mm f/1.4 which is an
absolutely amazing lens.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

Next <
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:39:00 +0000
On 02/02/2018 16:09, Savageduck wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2018, newshound wrote
> (in article<9eCdnZuaiZca4enHnZ2dnUU78Q_NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):
>
>> On 02/02/2018 00:08, Savageduck wrote:
>>> On Feb 1, 2018, newshound wrote
>>> (in article<T5adnUJtheVFBe7HnZ2dnUU78NnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>):

>>> Which lenses are you using on your X-E1?
>>
>> I have three zooms and an 18 mm; not the lens they used to claim as a
>> macro/portrait, I forget which that is, but it's not what I would call a
>> macro lens.
>>>
>>> When you speak of +3, are you refering to extension tubes?
>>
>> No, close-up lens. Actually I meant +10, getting confused because I use
>> +3 on my glasses for close up work.
>
> You should get pretty good results with the extension tubes, otherwise there
> is always the new XF80.
>>

>>> Have you considered upgrading your X-E1 to a new X-E3, the X-T20/X-T2, or
>>> even this new X-A5?
>>
>> I'd certainly like an X-T2 body, and the long zoom (for sports) one of
>> these days.
>>>
>>> The new generation of X-series cameras are leaps, and bounds ahead the first
>>> generation such as your X-E1. I currently find myself owning an X-E2, an
>>> X-T2, and an X-E3, along with four Fujinon primes, and two zooms.
>>
>> I realise they have improved a lot but I don't have unlimited funds. And
>> I still reckon the X-E1 and the original lenses are pretty good.
>
> You might have an opportunity for that X-T2 body near the end of the year
> after they announce/release the X-T3, and if the have a repeast of their
> discounts. I guess you were not able to take advantage of the discounts last
> year. There were some good deals on those long lenses the 50-140 &  the
> 100-400. That was my opportunity to pick up the XF16mm f/1.4 which is an
> absolutely amazing lens.

Didn't think the discounts were good enough last year, but certainly
keeping my eyes open.