> Prev
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.unit0.net!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad!fx25.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 10
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:04:33 +1300
X-Received-Bytes: 867
X-Received-Body-CRC: 408247169
Print Article
Forward Article
Chroma camera
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...

Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(

-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!aioe.org!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:14:29 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 14
Message-ID: <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="43ed6352efc2813e12e49aabe4479977";
logging-data="15181"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/m2+CKRn1fWR8t3if2igzC"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:MP4nHbMDsyaYuVuEZlE3QatSPGM=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> Chroma camera
>
> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
> e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera

film, not digital.

> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(

there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
firefox. 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.unit0.net!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad!fx35.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 27
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 11:58:12 +1300
X-Received-Bytes: 1394
X-Received-Body-CRC: 4072743374
Print Article
Forward Article
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:14:29 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Chroma camera
>>
>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>> e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
>
>film, not digital.

Read the subject line.
>
>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>
>there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
>firefox.

It is on this occasion. It's been removed from my tool bar on security
grounds.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:00:25 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 23
Message-ID: <230220181800258128%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="43ed6352efc2813e12e49aabe4479977";
logging-data="23427"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/r3sRdrUcsmqb1wXccbFiT"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:O4ggcAu+ewCIwycK7nG78mPb/tM=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >>
> >> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
> >> able-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
> >
> >film, not digital.
> 
> Read the subject line.

read the name of the newsgroup.

> >> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
> >
> >there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
> >firefox.
> 
> It is on this occasion. It's been removed from my tool bar on security
> grounds.

tinyurl doesn't need a toolbar item, and as i said, there's no need for
url shorterners on usenet. 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.unit0.net!peer01.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad!fx39.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <38p19dl51luckki06e892soe39dqqtt7gl@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com> <230220181800258128%nospam@nospam.invalid>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 42
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:14:18 +1300
X-Received-Body-CRC: 4010711406
X-Received-Bytes: 2106
Print Article
Forward Article
rOn Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:00:25 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article<81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> >>
>> >> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>> >> able-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
>> >
>> >film, not digital.
>> 
>> Read the subject line.
>
>read the name of the newsgroup.

You f***ing idiot! Why do you think I put the words "digital back"
into the heading?

Don't you know what a digital back is?

Just look at this one, for example (one of many).
https://fotodioxpro.com/products/hbh-4x5-pro
or this one
http://www.digital-photography.org/DicomedFieldProStudioProdigital/...

>
>> >> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>> >
>> >there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
>> >firefox.
>> 
>> It is on this occasion. It's been removed from my tool bar on security
>> grounds.
>
>tinyurl doesn't need a toolbar item, and as i said, there's no need for
>url shorterners on usenet.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:29:35 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 44
Message-ID: <240220180029359140%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com> <230220181800258128%nospam@nospam.invalid> <38p19dl51luckki06e892soe39dqqtt7gl@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="eb2291a7d72718e24c31efb8ec73a7c1";
logging-data="23248"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19CbWCPLaERGXMNvVkXmVbT"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:1qcQbR/wipSdXlJ5K5k5IjYPN98=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<38p19dl51luckki06e892soe39dqqtt7gl@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:

> >> >>
> >> >> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
> >> >> ordable-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
> >> >
> >> >film, not digital.
> >> 
> >> Read the subject line.
> >
> >read the name of the newsgroup.
> 
> You f***ing idiot! Why do you think I put the words "digital back"
> into the heading?
> 
> Don't you know what a digital back is?

i do, but don't expect to find one that's any good a price you can
afford.

> Just look at this one, for example (one of many).
> https://fotodioxpro.com/products/hbh-4x5-pro

junk. laughably so.

why bother using a 4x5 camera if you're only going to mount an slr on
the back?

> or this one
>
> http://www.digital-photography.org/DicomedFieldProStudioProdigital/...
> ld_pro.htm

that article is almost 20 years old, but at least they used a mac,
except that particular mac is long discontinued, so even if you can
find the back, it won't do you any good.

here's a bunch of backs, using that 'new high-speed usb 2' technology:
<http://www.betterlight.com/products4X5.html>

the cheaper ones have less resolution than modern slrs and their top of
the line model is about what a medium format camera can do. and then
there's that perfectly still subject problem. 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.200.83.21 with SMTP id t21mr3198621qtn.48.1519459551782;
Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:05:51 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!q21no3682971qtn.1!news-out.google.com!o9ni8005qte.1!nntp.google.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad!fx43.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <m3729ddiulq3uknr6d66c4q0ljp77bgt37@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com> <230220181800258128%nospam@nospam.invalid> <38p19dl51luckki06e892soe39dqqtt7gl@4ax.com> <240220180029359140%nospam@nospam.invalid>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Lines: 57
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 21:05:52 +1300
X-Received-Bytes: 2610
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3700455338
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-Bytes: 2466
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:29:35 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article<38p19dl51luckki06e892soe39dqqtt7gl@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>> >> >> ordable-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
>> >> >
>> >> >film, not digital.
>> >> 
>> >> Read the subject line.
>> >
>> >read the name of the newsgroup.
>> 
>> You f***ing idiot! Why do you think I put the words "digital back"
>> into the heading?
>> 
>> Don't you know what a digital back is?
>
>i do, but don't expect to find one that's any good a price you can
>afford.
>
>> Just look at this one, for example (one of many).
>> https://fotodioxpro.com/products/hbh-4x5-pro
>
>junk. laughably so.
>
>why bother using a 4x5 camera if you're only going to mount an slr on
>the back?
>
>> or this one
>>
>> http://www.digital-photography.org/DicomedFieldProStudioProdigital/...
>> ld_pro.htm
>
>that article is almost 20 years old, but at least they used a mac,
>except that particular mac is long discontinued, so even if you can
>find the back, it won't do you any good.

Changing the subject. You are the idiot who tried to tell me that my
post did not belong in rpd!

Go away and argue with someone else.
>
>here's a bunch of backs, using that 'new high-speed usb 2' technology:
><http://www.betterlight.com/products4X5.html>
>
>the cheaper ones have less resolution than modern slrs and their top of
>the line model is about what a medium format camera can do. and then
>there's that perfectly still subject problem.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:32:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
<230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:31:47 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <B5-dnUPKjLzmOQ3HnZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 37
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-2wowXPpUuGU0lKn9p1Q2fqg9vc99PKc0TVnqL9PknPTgUhNTFAeucq/kx3Y46cClBiVmpV4Cau+Wh2R!0EFovXrENT/jY+ZguAm+N3e7GM8PuMfpIlf9Sa1YEF35/MyuoZDGjoA5DqiZjABl9xgy2wLXVm8=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2563
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-23 17:58, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:14:29 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
> 
>> In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
>><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> Chroma camera
>>>
>>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>>> e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
>>
>> film, not digital.
> 
> Read the subject line.
>>
>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>
>> there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
>> firefox.
> 
> It is on this occasion. It's been removed from my tool bar on security
> grounds.

1) You can just type "tinyurl" in the url bar and a link to it will 
appear quickly.
2) You can put a bookbar shortcut in the bookmarks toolbar.

Not sure what the security issue could be as long as you edit the 
bookmarks yourself.  (Unless Firefox has some peculiar fault).

-- 
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
  million non-workers and 21 million government workers.
  In what world does this represent a strong job market?”
..Jim Quinn 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!nntp.comgw.net!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad!fx39.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <cmp19dt4egfj5r76ad2sjq0f007h3s05k5@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com> <B5-dnUPKjLzmOQ3HnZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 44
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 17:17:09 +1300
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1419945248
X-Received-Bytes: 2286
Print Article
Forward Article
On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:31:47 -0500, Alan Browne<bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>On 2018-02-23 17:58, Eric Stevens wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:14:29 -0500, nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
>>><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Chroma camera
>>>>
>>>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>>>> e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
>>>
>>> film, not digital.
>> 
>> Read the subject line.
>>>
>>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>>
>>> there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
>>> firefox.
>> 
>> It is on this occasion. It's been removed from my tool bar on security
>> grounds.
>
>1) You can just type "tinyurl" in the url bar and a link to it will 
>appear quickly.
>2) You can put a bookbar shortcut in the bookmarks toolbar.

Agreed, but not as convenient as having it on the tool bar. I used to
be able to click on the tool bar and within a second or so I had it in
in the cliboard.
>
>Not sure what the security issue could be as long as you edit the 
>bookmarks yourself.  (Unless Firefox has some peculiar fault).

Something to do with lack of https.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 09:02:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
<230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<81719d9laudhflhi59kkkst0q4bvh3d618@4ax.com>
<B5-dnUPKjLzmOQ3HnZ2dnUU7-Q_NnZ2d@giganews.com>
<cmp19dt4egfj5r76ad2sjq0f007h3s05k5@4ax.com>
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 10:02:11 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <cmp19dt4egfj5r76ad2sjq0f007h3s05k5@4ax.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <1bGdncpAT6bu4wzHnZ2dnUU7-R2dnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 17
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-4e283iRginCl5kpxFDiN0ZXcwJRMsUJKVlTt7ee7xPqKFPz0BZ4wHH0SHJDK9WHIvBwyaH9lNO8T+Bq!M6+PvAB9q7Ubz9yyW2pVRv4RJ1RPFCS4KiwXCWHOTa+HeyQzsm1t7knagHVybTxFT/48KNzDu34=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2024
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-23 23:17, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 18:31:47 -0500, Alan Browne
><bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote:

>> Not sure what the security issue could be as long as you edit the
>> bookmarks yourself.  (Unless Firefox has some peculiar fault).
> 
> Something to do with lack of https.

tinurl comes up https here.

-- 
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
  million non-workers and 21 million government workers.
  In what world does this represent a strong job market?”
..Jim Quinn 

	
From: RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 04:21:54 +0000
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 20
Message-ID: <p6qp92$sd3$1@dont-email.me>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
<230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 04:21:55 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="40824a5fbafca4139a88c5d125d2726f";
logging-data="29091"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/VeipGSmd/O1nOipBOYbs9"
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
In-Reply-To: <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Content-Language: en-GB
Cancel-Lock: sha1:2sCqePocTPoJ9VQEWNdxJvtmJ/g=
Print Article
Forward Article
On 23/02/2018 21:14, nospam wrote:
> In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens
><eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
> 
>> Chroma camera
>>
>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>> e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
> 
> film, not digital.
> 
>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
> 
> there's never a need for that on usenet, 

There is if you use Thunderbird ;-)


-- 
Cheers, Rob 

	
From: Diesel <me@privacy.net>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!aioe.org!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Diesel <me@privacy.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:44:37 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 43
Message-ID: <XnsA899AB1A21136HT1@qad51nTEAK.HucAEO2qYp688z0rz6P1kNo1.DMTI0lc>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid>
Injection-Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 21:44:37 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="1d991cef8e525007049367c63c84988e";
logging-data="12728"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+mH04YJEA/2LTnH8tzDcNt0YFRdMB54ek="
User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25
Cancel-Lock: sha1:S7JXjFJhoUimHCcDnFffozE4ZfY=
Print Article
Forward Article
nospam<nospam@nospam.invalid>
news:230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid Fri, 23 Feb 2018
21:14:29 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote: 

> In article<qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>, Eric
> Stevens<eric.stevens@sum.co.nz> wrote:
> 
>> Chroma camera
>>
>> https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweig
>> ht-affordabl e-easy-to-use-5x4-field-camera
> 
> film, not digital.
> 
>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
> 
> there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
> firefox.

it's to shorten long urls, so that can be very useful on usenet as 
well as web based forums. No need to deal with pesky line wrap and 
risk url breakage or re-assembly required by another reader on 
another client.

It's possible the OP meant that google has declared tinyurl a 'non 
safe' site and firefox is whining about that when the OP tries to 
visit. it's happened before with false positives via google.
 



-- 
Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim! 
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)  
to learn more. If you've already become a victim or know someone who 
has, you can provide the following information to them, your lawyer, 
local law enforcement, etc.
https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk - His local police. Report?
David Brooks (BoaterDave)
Jersey Cottage 86 Granary Lane
Budleigh Salterton Devon EX9 6ER United Kingdom 
Phone: 44-1395-443340 (H) 07974-193550 (M) 
Email(s): davidandtrishab@btinternet.com, boaterdavetj@aol.com 

	
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!aioe.org!eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 17:33:08 -0500
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 37
Message-ID: <020320181733086788%nospam@nospam.invalid>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <230220181614296758%nospam@nospam.invalid> <XnsA899AB1A21136HT1@qad51nTEAK.HucAEO2qYp688z0rz6P1kNo1.DMTI0lc>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="5b0ebe66ab8ac5c9b856d5b7a26e037d";
logging-data="18525"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org";posting-account="U2FsdGVkX19GPJVMpfbkGLzVU1QqTMmM"
User-Agent: Thoth/1.9.0 (Mac OS X)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:Cp/4VX5ZmK8d766hpQouEvHS/aE=
Print Article
Forward Article
In article<XnsA899AB1A21136HT1@qad51nTEAK.HucAEO2qYp688z0rz6P1kNo1.DMTI0lc>,
Diesel<me@privacy.net> wrote:

> >> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
> > 
> > there's never a need for that on usenet, nor is the decision up to
> > firefox.
> 
> it's to shorten long urls, so that can be very useful on usenet as 
> well as web based forums. 

usenet is not space-limited. urls can be as long as necessary, as can
posts.

> No need to deal with pesky line wrap and 
> risk url breakage or re-assembly required by another reader on 
> another client.

there's nothing to deal with. delimit the url with <> and it 'just
works'.

if it doesn't, then the newsreader being used is buggy. fix *that*
rather than inconvenience others.

url shorteners obscure the actual url, potentially hiding malicious
sites. they should *only* be used as a last resort in space-limited
mediums where there's no other option and only when the source can be
trusted to not link to something other than what they're claiming.

usenet is not such a medium.

> It's possible the OP meant that google has declared tinyurl a 'non 
> safe' site and firefox is whining about that when the OP tries to 
> visit. it's happened before with false positives via google.

he said it was the lack of https. 

	
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin3!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:44:43 -0600
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
From: Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:44:43 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.13; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Message-ID: <Mvadne0dJdzWFg3HnZ2dnUU7-YfNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 14
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-JJHt7KsIWcZ9rUzPzlSgY6rNoAnq42LEVB80XjQQ+hYv9XqtQZ4mNagPHhvkAQR5O1Izs7jF9q70wsX!GolFl5KkHg4Q5jGNtU+tGOPq/+sX7tN8W9qsbKjCtkPMvD/PRvNbC6zWFe70viR75EfEtn1c98Q=
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 1731
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-23 16:04, Eric Stevens wrote:
> Chroma camera
>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...

https://tinyurl.com/ybspbw93 ... via firefox & TinyURL site



-- 
“When it is all said and done, there are approximately 94 million
  full-time workers in private industry paying taxes to support 102
  million non-workers and 21 million government workers.
  In what world does this represent a strong job market?”
..Jim Quinn 

	
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.195.210 with SMTP id r79mr2337724qkl.62.1519431165260;
Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:12:45 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.31.158.65 with SMTP id h62mr337021vke.4.1519431165101; Fri,
23 Feb 2018 16:12:45 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!newsgate.cuhk.edu.hk!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!t24no642443qtn.0!news-out.google.com!m4ni8691qte.0!nntp.google.com!t24no642441qtn.0!postnews.google.com!glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:12:44 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
Injection-Info: glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com; posting-host=69.157.72.115;
posting-account=8Vsz_woAAABQPV3Epo66m_rYvK1EHzOV
NNTP-Posting-Host: 69.157.72.115
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <74d0c55d-9f0f-453d-97aa-6e4f124d845e@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Injection-Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 00:12:45 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Lines: 18
Print Article
Forward Article
On Friday, 23 February 2018 16:04:47 UTC-5, Eric Stevens  wrote:
> Chroma camera
>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
> 
> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
> 
> -- 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Eric Stevens

The weight is good, but with the planet awash in used 4x5 gear, buying a new one really isn't
needed, unless you just happen to need that particular one.  What I never figured out is why didn't
they ever invent a spring-back loaded multiple-shot 4x5 with a drop-box for finished shots just
below the back?  Would save a lot of tedium.  But maybe someone did develop something like that way
back when and I just didn't see it? 

	
From: Ken Hart <kwhart1@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.albasani.net!news.mixmin.net!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Ken Hart <kwhart1@frontier.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 12:12:18 -0500
Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
Lines: 26
Message-ID: <p6s6dh$q09$1@gioia.aioe.org>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
<74d0c55d-9f0f-453d-97aa-6e4f124d845e@googlegroups.com>
NNTP-Posting-Host: zbCsgRx3lefeW5lTDMklVw.user.gioia.aioe.org
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Complaints-To: abuse@aioe.org
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/52.6.0
Content-Language: en-US
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.8.3
Print Article
Forward Article
On 02/23/2018 07:12 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Friday, 23 February 2018 16:04:47 UTC-5, Eric Stevens  wrote:
>> Chroma camera
>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>>
>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Eric Stevens
> 
> The weight is good, but with the planet awash in used 4x5 gear, buying a new one really isn't
needed, unless you just happen to need that particular one.  What I never figured out is why didn't
they ever invent a spring-back loaded multiple-shot 4x5 with a drop-box for finished shots just
below the back?  Would save a lot of tedium.  But maybe someone did develop something like that way
back when and I just didn't see it?
> 

It's been many, many years ago, but I recall using a six exposure 4x5 
holder. You loaded six sheets of 4x5 film into six thin metal holders, 
then loaded them into the pack. After shooting one exposure, you did a 
push-pull routine that pushed the exposure holder onto the back of the 
stack, and put a fresh holder in front.


-- 
Ken Hart
kwhart1@frontier.com 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!news.unit0.net!peer03.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad!fx19.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <t3n39d10ttc2t1rkninqcfu6ffmooo5cvv@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <74d0c55d-9f0f-453d-97aa-6e4f124d845e@googlegroups.com> <p6s6dh$q09$1@gioia.aioe.org>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 34
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:45:33 +1300
X-Received-Bytes: 2246
X-Received-Body-CRC: 1857569555
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 12:12:18 -0500, Ken Hart<kwhart1@frontier.com>
wrote:

>On 02/23/2018 07:12 PM, RichA wrote:
>> On Friday, 23 February 2018 16:04:47 UTC-5, Eric Stevens  wrote:
>>> Chroma camera
>>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight...
>>>
>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Eric Stevens
>> 
>> The weight is good, but with the planet awash in used 4x5 gear, buying a new one really isn't
needed, unless you just happen to need that particular one.  What I never figured out is why didn't
they ever invent a spring-back loaded multiple-shot 4x5 with a drop-box for finished shots just
below the back?  Would save a lot of tedium.  But maybe someone did develop something like that way
back when and I just didn't see it?
>> 
>
>It's been many, many years ago, but I recall using a six exposure 4x5 
>holder. You loaded six sheets of 4x5 film into six thin metal holders, 
>then loaded them into the pack. After shooting one exposure, you did a 
>push-pull routine that pushed the exposure holder onto the back of the 
>stack, and put a fresh holder in front.

I had one of those on my last Graflex. I eventually gave it up when I
became unable to stop light leaks in the leather bag on the side. 

Now I'm interested (seriously?) in digital backs.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:15:11 +0100
Organization: the center
Lines: 13
Message-ID: <ffdksvF9fgoU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net nlCJBG6zWFSY3BnuNbrrtAudnTt+JDS00I9ArZPqv3PgoeTF6U
Cancel-Lock: sha1:jXULLfSchs1z21RjWBaUlN0YUcM=
User-Agent: Unison/2.2
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

> Chroma camera
>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight... 
> 
> 
> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(

I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an 
affordable back to go with it... Good luck!
-- 
teleportation kills 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed7.news.xs4all.nl!border2.nntp.ams1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.am4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post02.iad!fx19.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <a8n39dhr5gtmb7v4vrdeok678b563f14td@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <ffdksvF9fgoU1@mid.individual.net>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 19
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:46:13 +1300
X-Received-Body-CRC: 384935143
X-Received-Bytes: 1401
X-Original-Bytes: 1137
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:15:11 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:

>On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>
>> Chroma camera
>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight... 
>> 
>> 
>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>
>I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an 
>affordable back to go with it... Good luck!

'affordable'. Now there is the operative word.   :-(
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin2!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:46:55 +0100
Organization: the center
Lines: 26
Message-ID: <fff7vfFjvk1U1@mid.individual.net>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <ffdksvF9fgoU1@mid.individual.net> <a8n39dhr5gtmb7v4vrdeok678b563f14td@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net qmPi/N61k35uiYdYorwgHQdNAroawjmMs83SESh8N1F/YxezCn
Cancel-Lock: sha1:s+VmjQbUvaNriMSjbTziMf191P8=
User-Agent: Unison/2.2
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-24 21:46:13 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:15:11 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:
> 
>> On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>> 
>>> Chroma camera
>>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight... 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>> 
>> I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
>> affordable back to go with it... Good luck!
> 
> 'affordable'. Now there is the operative word.   :-(

Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg>

Keep us posted! :-))
-- 
teleportation kills 

	
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
X-Received: by 10.55.75.23 with SMTP id y23mr5163928qka.16.1519547526637;
Sun, 25 Feb 2018 00:32:06 -0800 (PST)
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin2!goblin.stu.neva.ru!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!feeder.usenetexpress.com!feeder-in1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!q21no4287464qtn.1!news-out.google.com!m4ni8864qte.0!nntp.google.com!peer01.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!post01.iad!fx33.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Message-ID: <24s49dpme5tch2hc473111841bd98egk34@4ax.com>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <ffdksvF9fgoU1@mid.individual.net> <a8n39dhr5gtmb7v4vrdeok678b563f14td@4ax.com> <fff7vfFjvk1U1@mid.individual.net>
User-Agent: ForteAgent/8.00.32.1272
MIME-Version: 1.0
Lines: 36
X-Complaints-To: abuse@easynews.com
Organization: Forte - www.forteinc.com
X-Complaints-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 21:32:07 +1300
X-Received-Bytes: 1984
X-Received-Body-CRC: 3907390297
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Original-Bytes: 1840
Print Article
Forward Article
On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:46:55 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:

>On 2018-02-24 21:46:13 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>
>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:15:11 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:
>> 
>>> On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>>> 
>>>> Chroma camera
>>>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight... 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>> 
>>> I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
>>> affordable back to go with it... Good luck!
>> 
>> 'affordable'. Now there is the operative word.   :-(
>
>Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:
>
><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg>
>
>Keep us posted! :-))

That's camera is a bit crude and doesn't have all the movements I
want. Also, I suspect it's as large as it is because of the problem of
making the more delicate parts in wood in a smaller size.
Traditionally they used to make them in brass. But the problem remains
of finding a full size digital back.
-- 

Regards,

Eric Stevens 

	
Next <
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Full headers:
Path: news.netfront.net!goblin1!goblin.stu.neva.ru!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Now all I need is a 4x5 digital back.
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 10:04:19 +0100
Organization: the center
Lines: 42
Message-ID: <fffcgjFkucjU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <qb019d5e94buh28gf0k5tmpk9lahl7546n@4ax.com> <ffdksvF9fgoU1@mid.individual.net> <a8n39dhr5gtmb7v4vrdeok678b563f14td@4ax.com> <fff7vfFjvk1U1@mid.individual.net> <24s49dpme5tch2hc473111841bd98egk34@4ax.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Trace: individual.net M2ADP6q4dv/IaLKKxvNeagsRPVLsNLBo9BhlCgLzLjW+wmheI6
Cancel-Lock: sha1:TIxBHTSijY6ZUJb0odftjX8Y/7c=
User-Agent: Unison/2.2
Print Article
Forward Article
On 2018-02-25 08:32:07 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

> On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:46:55 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:
> 
>> On 2018-02-24 21:46:13 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>> 
>>> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:15:11 +0100, android<here@there.was> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> On 2018-02-23 21:04:33 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
>>>> 
>>>>> Chroma camera
>>>>>
https://www.dpreview.com/news/3631124733/the-chroma-is-a-lightweight... 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> Apologies for no TinyURL. That's a decision made by Firefox.  :-(
>>>> 
>>>> I would probably go for a used fieldie... Prey tell if you find an
>>>> affordable back to go with it... Good luck!
>>> 
>>> 'affordable'. Now there is the operative word.   :-(
>> 
>> Maybe you could adapt this benchcam approach to your fieldcam:
>> 
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxjsz6J5Bg>
>> 
>> Keep us posted! :-))
> 
> That's camera is a bit crude and doesn't have all the movements I
> want. Also, I suspect it's as large as it is because of the problem of
> making the more delicate parts in wood in a smaller size.
> Traditionally they used to make them in brass. But the problem remains
> of finding a full size digital back.

Well... The standard procedure these days seem to be to use film sheets 
and scan those with a flatbed. The reasonable affordable digital back 
options for LF that I've seen is either scannerbacks or stitching 
ditto. I
-- 
teleportation kills