> Prev
From: android <here@there.was>
Subject: The Smartphone Upgrade?
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:29:24 +0100
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

<http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...
--
teleportation kills

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Subject: Re: The Smartphone Upgrade?
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 01:50:25 -0600
android<here@there.was> wrote:
> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
>
> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...

OK!

....but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 11:28:17 +0100 (CET)
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> Wrote in message:
> android<here@there.was> wrote:
>> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
>> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
>>
>> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...
>
> OK!
>
> ...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
> ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
> still photography.
>
> Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
> find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
> irritating.

My EOS M1 is doing just fine, TYVM and will remain in my messenger
 till it fails or I cave and get meself a M6, M7 or what ever. I
 don't se the M50 as an upgrade aimed towards folks like me and it
 won't fit my coat pocket!
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 04:49:40 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Monday, 26 February 2018 10:28:25 UTC, android  wrote:
> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> Wrote in message:
> > android<here@there.was> wrote:
> >> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
> >> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
> >>
> >> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...
> >
> > OK!
> >
> > ...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
> > ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
> > still photography.
> >
> > Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
> > find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
> > irritating.
> >
> My EOS M1 is doing just fine, TYVM and will remain in my messenger
>  till it fails or I cave and get meself a M6, M7 or what ever. I
>  don't se the M50 as an upgrade aimed towards folks like me and it
>  won't fit my coat pocket!

Yes I agree with that, one of the main reason for me to get the M3 was so that I could fit it in my
coat pocket (removing the lens) now if I could only get that monopod in my trouser pocket without
getting strange looks :-)

From: android <here@there.was>
Full headers:
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:18:54 +0100
On 2018-02-26 12:49:40 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

> On Monday, 26 February 2018 10:28:25 UTC, android  wrote:
>> Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> Wrote in message:

>>> OK!
>>>
>>> ...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
>>> ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
>>> still photography.
>>>
>>> Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
>>> find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
>>> irritating.
>>>
>> My EOS M1 is doing just fine, TYVM and will remain in my messenger
>> till it fails or I cave and get meself a M6, M7 or what ever. I
>> don't se the M50 as an upgrade aimed towards folks like me and it
>> won't fit my coat pocket!
>
> Yes I agree with that, one of the main reason for me to get the M3 was
> so that I could fit it in my coat pocket (removing the lens) now if I
> could only get that monopod in my trouser pocket without getting
> strange looks :-)

Stringpod? They don't make you look dorky at all!!!

How to make:

<http://www.instructables.com/id/String-Tripod/>

How to use:

<https://www.cnet.com/how-to/diy-the-string-tripod-aka-stringpod/>
--
teleportation kills

Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:41:54 -0500
On 2/26/2018 2:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> android<here@there.was> wrote:
>> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
>> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
>>
>> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...
>
> OK!
>
> ...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
> ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
> still photography.
>
> Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
> find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
> irritating.

Yep!
You and I are old fashioned farts. Just as there are painters who lament
digital painting, and devotees of film photography. Markets are amorphous.

--
PeterN

From: android <here@there.was>
From: android <here@there.was>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 23:39:14 +0100 (CET)
PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> Wrote in message:
> On 2/26/2018 2:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>> android<here@there.was> wrote:
>>> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
>>> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
>>>
>>> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...
>>
>> OK!
>>
>> ...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
>> ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
>> still photography.
>>
>> Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
>> find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
>> irritating.
>>

> Yep!
> You and I are old fashioned farts. Just as there are painters who lament
> digital painting, and devotees of film photography. Markets are amorphous.

I'm not looking for video
in an *ILC. All I've done soo far is
 transfering my farthers double eight home movies to MP4s with the
 M. I used a fast 'n dirty but surprisingly effective method
 decribed on me blog.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Next <
From: sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:30:49 -0800
On 2/25/2018 10:29 PM, android wrote:
> "Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
> lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."
>
> <http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-c...

A little late with an M series with a viewfinder considering how many
people have already moved to Fuji mirrorless, including a lot of
professionals.

But with the Canon EF-M Lens Adapter Kit there's definitely a path for
current EOS owners.