> Prev
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Subject: Graphics tablets
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 11:44:27 +0000
Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
I do very much of that).

From: Davoud <star@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Graphics tablets
Full headers:
From: Davoud <star@sky.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 06:59:15 -0500
newshound:
> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?

I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856>.

> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
> I do very much of that).

If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
for presentation of all kinds of graphics.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 08:10:59 -0600
Davoud<star@sky.net> wrote:
> newshound:
>> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>
> I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856>.
>
>> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
>> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
>> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
>> I do very much of that).
>
> If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
> and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
> for presentation of all kinds of graphics.

I use a Wacom Intuos Medium, and at times I also use my iPad Pro with the
Astropad app which lets the iPad perform like a poorman’s Cintiq.
<https://astropad.com>

--
Regards,
 Savageduck

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 09:03:28 -0600
> Davoud<star@sky.net> wrote:
>> newshound:
>>> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>>
>> I use a Wacom Cintiq Touch-Pen display
>> <https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/32372523856>.
>>
>>> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
>>> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
>>> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
>>> I do very much of that).
>>
>> If you wouldn't use it for editing it wouldn't make sense to buy one. I
>> and other people whom I know find the iPad Pro to be eminently suited
>> for presentation of all kinds of graphics.
>>

> I use a Wacom Intuos Medium, and at times I also use my iPad Pro with the
> Astropad app which lets the iPad perform like a poorman’s Cintiq.
> <https://astropad.com>

Airkeyboard, also provides a bunch of functions for desktop/laptop Macs
including custom keyboards for apps such as Lightroom, and Photoshop.

<http://www.airkeyboardapp.com>

--
Regards,
 Savageduck

From: Neil <neil@myplaceofwork.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 08:06:35 -0500
On 3/6/2018 6:44 AM, newshound wrote:
> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>
> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
> I do very much of that).

I've used graphics tablets since the early '80s, beginning with
Summagraphics and now Wacom. They're far more accurate than a mouse for
serious editing such as selecting areas, retouching, etc. If all one is
doing is resizing, cropping, or applying general attributes to the whole
image (contrast, color adjustments, etc.), they may be of little benefit.

--
best regards,

Neil

Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 23:51:36 -0500
On 3/6/2018 6:44 AM, newshound wrote:
> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>
> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
> I do very much of that).

I use my Intuis exclusively for photo editing, and painting over photos.
  It is a lot easier than making selections with a mouse. For plain
graphic use you should be able to pick up a Wacom Bamboo used, Or a Star
should meet your needs. They are about $40
<https://www.storexppen.com/product/54.html>

--
PeterN

Next <
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: newshound <newshound@stevejqr.plus.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:54:09 +0000
On 06/03/2018 11:44, newshound wrote:
> Do any of you guys use them for photo editing?
>
> I could do with a basic one to use for presentations (instead of a
> whiteboard / flip chart / OHP) but might it be worth paying more and
> getting something more suitable for photo or graphics editing? (Not that
> I do very much of that).

Thanks to all for the advice. I won't rush to get one ATM (I have some
videos to edit) but perhaps when I get round to scanning my slides and
negatives (next autumn at the earliest!)