> Prev
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Subject: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns narcissists into paranoids
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 22:14:00 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60848448

From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 02:06:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 8 March 2018 06:14:05 UTC, RichA  wrote:
> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60848448

What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns
narcissists into paranoids
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 07:50:24 -0600
Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 06:14:05 UTC, RichA  wrote:
>> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60848448
>
> What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?

Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
“little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
so superior camera phone.

--

 Regards,
 Savageduck

Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Subject: Re: Utter ignorance of lenses, photography, turns narcissists into
paranoids
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 13:55:53 -0500
On 3/8/2018 8:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 06:14:05 UTC, RichA  wrote:
>>> https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60848448
>>
>> What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?
>>

> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
> so superior camera phone.

Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
front of me.)

I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
posters have very narrow thinking.
e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
often leads to skin cancer.

--
PeterN

From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
narcissists into paranoids
From: Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:37:42 -0600
PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:
> On 3/8/2018 8:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
>> Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?
>>>

>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>> so superior camera phone.
>>

> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
> front of me.)
>
> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
> posters have very narrow thinking.
> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
> often leads to skin cancer.

A good dentist is going to check for tongue & gum lesions, and tissue
changes.

I have had my share of solar keratoses removed from my arms. I also have
the scar to confirm the removal of a squamous cell carcinoma from my face.
Fortunately I have avoided any melanomas.

--

 Regards,
 Savageduck

From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Full headers:
From: Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:37:41 +1300
On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 16:37:42 -0600, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>>> so superior camera phone.
>>>

>> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
>> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
>> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
>> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
>> front of me.)
>>
>> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
>> posters have very narrow thinking.
>> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
>> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
>> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
>> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
>> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
>> often leads to skin cancer.
>>

>A good dentist is going to check for tongue & gum lesions, and tissue
>changes.
>
>I have had my share of solar keratoses removed from my arms. I also have
>the scar to confirm the removal of a squamous cell carcinoma from my face.
>Fortunately I have avoided any melanomas.

 I currently have a fleet (8?) of squamous and basal cell carcinomas
which have to be removed from my lower legs and a suspicious object on
my back which may just be an early stage melanoma. The possible
melanoma is a new experience for me but at one stage I had so many
BCC/SCC carved out of my legs I was on first name terms with the
operating theatre nurses.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

From: David_B <David_B@nomail.afraid.org>
Full headers:
paranoids
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: David_B <David_B@nomail.afraid.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:46:37 +0000
On 08/03/2018 22:37, Savageduck wrote:
> PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>>> so superior camera phone.
>>>

>> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
>> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
>> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
>> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
>> front of me.)
>>
>> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
>> posters have very narrow thinking.
>> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
>> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
>> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
>> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
>> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
>> often leads to skin cancer.
>>

> A good dentist is going to check for tongue & gum lesions, and tissue
> changes.

Indeed!

> I have had my share of solar keratoses removed from my arms. I also have
> the scar to confirm the removal of a squamous cell carcinoma from my face.
> Fortunately I have avoided any melanomas.

That's good news, as life is already pretty short! ;-)

--
David B.

Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
paranoids
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:53:47 -0500
On 3/8/2018 5:37 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

>>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>>> so superior camera phone.
>>>

>> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
>> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
>> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
>> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
>> front of me.)
>>
>> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
>> posters have very narrow thinking.
>> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
>> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
>> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
>> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
>> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
>> often leads to skin cancer.
>>

> A good dentist is going to check for tongue & gum lesions, and tissue
> changes.

Not if you don't visit the dentist.

> I have had my share of solar keratoses removed from my arms. I also have
> the scar to confirm the removal of a squamous cell carcinoma from my face.
> Fortunately I have avoided any melanomas.

I won't get into a debate, but I have PDT on my arms about every six
months. I had a malignant melanoma, removed in time, with no residual
effects.

--
PeterN

From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
Full headers:
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 16:45:15 -0800 (PST)
From: RichA <rander3128@gmail.com>
On Thursday, 8 March 2018 13:57:06 UTC-5, PeterN  wrote:
> On 3/8/2018 8:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
> > Whisky-dave<whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> What's with the weird spelling .... selphie ?
> >>

> > Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
> > “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
> > so superior camera phone.
> >

> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
> front of me.)
>
> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
> posters have very narrow thinking.
> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
> often leads to skin cancer.
>

> --
> PeterN

Because check-up for cancer probably costs $150 and anyone with a brain who notices a weird mole or
skin lesion will have it checked.  An un-needed nose job is probably $5000.00.

Next <
Full headers:
From: PeterN <"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net>
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
paranoids
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:56:00 -0500
On 3/8/2018 7:45 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 March 2018 13:57:06 UTC-5, PeterN  wrote:

>>> Upper class twit with huge shnoz, trying to differentiate between those
>>> “little people” and him when he is engaged in self-portraiture with his oh
>>> so superior camera phone.
>>>

>> Why should anyone care what anybody else does with their money, so long
>> as it's ethical and legal. While you and I might not have used dollar
>> bills as cigar lighters, and think that doing so is stupid, if someone
>> does that, it's not my concern. (Unless of course, they light up in
>> front of me.)
>>
>> I read some of the postings on that thread, and think that some of the
>> posters have very narrow thinking.
>> e.g. If not liking the way you look prompts a visit to the dentist,
>> he/she may find something wrong. Even just straightening out your teeth
>> helps preserve them longer. IIRC there is a causal relationship between
>> good teeth and good health. As for prompting a trip to a dermatologist,
>> he/she may find some form of skin cancer, or actinic keratosis, which
>> often leads to skin cancer.
>>

>> --
>> PeterN
>
> Because check-up for cancer probably costs $150 and anyone with a brain who notices a weird mole
or skin lesion will have it checked.  An un-needed nose job is probably $5000.00.

And why would you care if they want to spend their money in that manner.

--
PeterN