> Prev
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Subject: OT: Trump doesn't know what the "rule of law" means...
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:56:29 -0800
....and doesn't care:

'What would it look like if the President of the United States punished
American businesses he didn’t like, or news organizations that reported
things he didn’t like?

It would look like this: Trump’s Department of Justice is threatening to
scuttle AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner unless the merged companies dump
CNN and Turner, the cable unit that houses CNN, according to a source
familiar with the DOJ’s review.

The Financial Times first reported the news today, as did the New York
Times.

We got a hint of this this morning, when AT&T’s CFO said he wasn’t sure
when the deal would close — though he still thought it would close.'

<https://www.recode.net/2017/11/8/16624946/trump-punish-cnn-att-time-...

'But don’t ask us. Ask antitrust expert Makan Delrahim, who announced
last year that the proposed deal shouldn’t be a problem.

Except now Delrahim has apparently changed his mind. Or, more precisely,
Delrahim now works for Donald Trump as the head of antitrust at the DOJ.

Since then, Delrahim has been signaling that he may have problems with
AT&T/Time Warner after all.

Sober industry observers — including ones that had problems with the
deal — figured that Delrahim wanted to slow down approval of the deal,
perhaps because he didn’t want to rubber stamp it.

And if he did have problems with it, a logical place to look would be
AT&T’s ownership of HBO, which rival pay TV networks had argued would
give HBO unfair footing.

Nope. Per the FT, “It’s all about CNN,” which makes sense if you are a
leader of a banana republic who believes that news outlets that report
stories critical of your leadership are “fake news.”'

From: DumbedDownUSA <dumb.america@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Trump doesn't know what the "rule of law" means...
Full headers:
From: "DumbedDownUSA" <dumb.america@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2017 10:32:16 +0000 (UTC)
Alan Baker wrote:

> ...and doesn't care:
>
> 'What would it look like if the President of the United States
> punished American businesses he didn’t like, or news organizations
> that reported things he didn’t like?
>
> It would look like this: Trump’s Department of Justice is threatening
> to scuttle AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner unless the merged companies
> dump CNN and Turner, the cable unit that houses CNN, according to a
> source familiar with the DOJ’s review.
>
> The Financial Times first reported the news today, as did the New
> York Times.
>
> We got a hint of this this morning, when AT&T’s CFO said he wasn’t
> sure when the deal would close — though he still thought it would
> close.'

<https://www.recode.net/2017/11/8/16624946/trump-punish-cnn-att-time-...

> 'But don’t ask us. Ask antitrust expert Makan Delrahim, who announced
> last year that the proposed deal shouldn’t be a problem.
>
> Except now Delrahim has apparently changed his mind. Or, more
> precisely, Delrahim now works for Donald Trump as the head of
> antitrust at the DOJ.
>
> Since then, Delrahim has been signaling that he may have problems
> with AT&T/Time Warner after all.
>
> Sober industry observers — including ones that had problems with the
> deal — figured that Delrahim wanted to slow down approval of the
> deal, perhaps because he didn’t want to rubber stamp it.
>
> And if he did have problems with it, a logical place to look would be
> AT&T’s ownership of HBO, which rival pay TV networks had argued would
> give HBO unfair footing.
>
> Nope. Per the FT, “It’s all about CNN,” which makes sense if you are
> a leader of a banana republic who believes that news outlets that
> report stories critical of your leadership are “fake news.”'

Look like corruption to anyone who dares look.

He is corrupting the government and the Trumpets don't care... yet.

--
Trump ***Irresponsible, unprofessional and sending the wrong message.***

From: MNMikeW <mnmiikkew@aol.com>
From: MNMikeW <mnmiikkew@aol.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 11:31:39 -0600
DumbedDownUSA wrote:
> Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> ...and doesn't care:
>>
>> 'What would it look like if the President of the United States
>> punished American businesses he didn’t like, or news organizations
>> that reported things he didn’t like?

It would look like the Obama administration.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/trump-doj-settles-lawsui...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/justice-departments-scrutiny-of...

From: BK <BK@Onramp.net>
Full headers:
From: BK@Onramp.net
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:06:17 -0600

From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Full headers:
From: Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 14:00:10 -0800
On 2017-11-13 9:31 AM, MNMikeW wrote:
> DumbedDownUSA wrote:
>> Alan Baker wrote:
>>
>>> ...and doesn't care:
>>>
>>> 'What would it look like if the President of the United States
>>> punished American businesses he didn’t like, or news organizations
>>> that reported things he didn’t like?
>>
> It would look like the Obama administration.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/trump-doj-settles-lawsui...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/justice-departments-scrutiny-of...

So doing things you decried when Obama was president are suddenly
alright with you now?

Next <
From: DumbedDownUSA <dumb.america@gmail.com>
From: "DumbedDownUSA" <dumb.america@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 06:56:15 +0000 (UTC)
Alan Baker wrote:

> On 2017-11-13 9:31 AM, MNMikeW wrote:
> > DumbedDownUSA wrote:

> > It would look like the Obama administration.
> >
> > http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/26/trump-doj-settles-lawsui
> > s-over-tea-party-targeting-by-obama-irs.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/justice-departments-scrutiny-of...

> So doing things you decried when Obama was president are suddenly
> alright with you now?

They have no moral compass; just excuses. Everything Trump does is
excusable, from grabbibg pussy to raping the country.

--
Trump ***Irresponsible, unprofessional and sending the wrong message.***